• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Maikou

Smash Ace
Soon... XD

Bandana Dee: daww
Evil Dee: dude, you're creepy. :laugh:
What would he be called? Shade Dee?

Shady.

I swear I'm funny.
XD yeah maybe. lol
Doesn't make that spear copter any more badass.
Bandana Dee is boss enough to take on Kirby......and survive being inhaled and eaten alive.
Bandana Dee is boss enough to help Kirby save the world.
Bandana Dee is boss enough to master the Spear.
Bandana Dee's Spear Copter is as boss as he is.

LF2K

Floor Diver

Shady.

I swear I'm funny.
Nobody wants to see Marshal no more, they want Shady, I'm chopped liver. Well if you want Shady, this is what'll gave ya...(Sorry, I just had too. :p)

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace

So...Sakurai showed this attack...again, instead of the iconic Waddle Dee Toss, Why? :/
I honestly don't know, Char. Maybe he just wants to make a point? or something? either way, it shows he might focus on Dedede again for a little while, so maybe we'll learn whether or not Bandana Dee's fate shall be like Toad's or Little Mac's.

either way, let us be hopeful our favorite Spear Wielder gets in, Char.

D

Deleted member

So...Sakurai showed this attack...again, instead of the iconic Waddle Dee Toss, Why? :/
3 things:
1. To troll Bandana Dee fans. We all know that Sakurai loves to toy with the Smash fanbase, so he might keep the suspense for Bandana Dee.
2. He might have wanted to go into more detail about the move. However, those who have played Brawl know about it and what it does…
3. It's filler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
2 things:
1. To troll Bandana Dee fans. We all know that Sakurai loves to toy with the Smash fanbase, so he might keep the suspense for Bandana Dee.
2. He might have wanted to go into more detail about the move. However, those who have played Brawl know about it and what it does…
3. It's filler.
That's three things. Ah, the system works.

Oh, and btw, Maikou, just go to the SSB4 Character Discussion and click the big, yellow, "Create New Thread" button.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Shady.

I swear I'm funny.
Dark Dee?
3 things:
3. It's filler.
Maybe he needs to work in the models of the Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos and Gordos.
XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oops…
I had two things on the mind and I thought of an extra…
Ah well. I edited my original post.
But I digress.

I kept on thinking about Bandana Dee's popularity and I am thinking that it's just strong in only Japan. Japan loves Kirby; I've seen tons of Kirby pics in Japanese Miiverse and I've noticed some supporters. Here, I feel as though while he is popular, I think that it's rather weak due to how dismissed he is. I've often seen things such as calling him "generic" or it would be equivalent to "making a Goomba playable."

As time goes on, I am starting to doubt his chances. I think and feel as though they are 50/50.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Oops…
I had two things on the mind and I thought of an extra…
Ah well. I edited my original post.
But I digress.

I kept on thinking about Bandana Dee's popularity and I am thinking that it's just strong in only Japan. Japan loves Kirby; I've seen tons of Kirby pics in Japanese Miiverse and I've noticed some supporters. Here, I feel as though while he is popular, I think that it's rather weak due to how dismissed he is. I've often seen things such as calling him "generic" or it would be equivalent to "making a Goomba playable."

As time goes on, I am starting to doubt his chances. I think and feel as though they are 50/50.
I've seen his chances only increasing, what with, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, characters who aren't all that popular, but have a great moveset. Bandana Dee has that. He's also pretty popular in Japan, as you mentioned, but I think you're under-estimating his U.S. fanbase. Look, we've got Chandlure, who might hold Sakurai at gunpoint, who knows. He's very-:coolmonke:-shady.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Rosalina's quite popular among the Mario fanbase. She was revealed pretty quickly for Mario Kart 8. But so where Baby Peach and Baby Daisy... ugh. :glare:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Rosalina's quite popular among the Mario fanbase. She was revealed pretty quickly for Mario Kart 8. But so where Baby Peach and Baby Daisy... ugh. :glare:
I so know how you feel, Char.
BABY MARIOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
funny story: I mainly play Yoshi in Mario Kart. and Baby Mario is the bane of my existance on that game.

Edit: wow, this thread's gotten 48 pages now!

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
But she was introduced less than ten years ago, so I was unsure whether she would be picked. And yes, Rosalina is popular to Mario fans, but not Smash fans.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi aren't too bad, because they exist beyond the spinoffs.

By the way, a new leak has come out. Seems a bit too hopeful, but Bandana Dee is mentioned.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee seems fun in Smash, but I don't think now is a good time for him to be completely honest.
Is the best time for him, tomorrow he will be considered just another important kirby character like adeleine or knuckle joe (even if he is actually more important than them).

I honestly dont care, he can be fun to use but mnah... every single smash character is fun to use, i will preffer if other kirby character gets important in these years, maybe one beloved hamster or the tiny dark-jelly guy.

Funny cause i was thinking the hammer jet could be like mac's uppercup the other day xD thanks sakurai.

Maikou

Smash Ace
if this is real, wouldn't be complaining tho'.

only missing one i want king k rool and porky, but donbe & hikari inchange of that? sure.
who are Donbe & Hikari anyway, Char? like I said before, this leak is just pure fanservice of possible entries in Smash, which only makes me doubt their legitimicy tenfold. I think Sakurai's just trying to keep us entertained until the next big reveal fro Smash 4 with pics like these. plus Koume and Kotake are confirmed stage hazards in Gerudo Valley, which makes sense being that they are evil witch Gerudos in the first place. either that, or Sakurai is trolling big time and trying to make us hope more for Bandana Dee. I don't know, Char.

LF2K

Floor Diver
They're from Shin Onigashima, a Japan-only title on the Famicom.

But they're shown up in Kirby games, too.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I saw the thread and just had to drop by. I thought I'd play devil's advocate for a bit.
I have no clue who you are, Char.
Oh, hi Welshy...

The day I became the owner of this thread :evil:

Cookie Country or Lor Starcutter.
EDIT: Or Dedede's castle! That would be awesome.
I also have some suggestions.
Megaton Punch Arena (thing)
Halberd (to represent Sailor Dee if he were to become an alternate costume/skin)
that's all for now, Char.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I also have some suggestions.
Megaton Punch Arena (thing)
Halberd (to represent Sailor Dee if he were to become an alternate costume/skin)
that's all for now, Char.
I personally think that if one stage is going to return, Halberd is one of the most likely stages.
I saw the thread and just had to drop by. I thought I'd play devil's advocate for a bit.
:troll:
Well Dark Meta Knight already has the "Dark" title, and considering the other two have synonyms for dark in their names, I figured he would as well.
You're right.

D

Deleted member

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi aren't too bad, because they exist beyond the spinoffs.

By the way, a new leak has come out. Seems a bit too hopeful, but Bandana Dee is mentioned.
Takamaru?
Mewtwo?
Bandana Dee?
SHULK?

Aww! I wish this leak was real! It's a bummer that King K. Rool wouldn't be in it if this leak was real, but I would gladly have Shulk and Bandana Dee! Vaati and Paper Mario tell me that this leak is suspiciously fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Takamaru?
Mewtwo?
Bandana Dee?
SHULK?

Aww! I wish this leak was real! It's a bummer that King K. Rool wouldn't be in it if this leak was real, but I would gladly have Shulk and Bandana Dee! Vaati and Paper Mario tell me that this leak is suspiciously fake.
agreed. I knew it was fake at "hey, I work for Nintendo!" I mean, this guy would have to SERIOUSLY be sneaky to leak info like THIS out. Plus treacherous....nobody likes traitors! even if they give fanservice info. besides, would Paper Mario even work? I mean....that's a serious dimension screw right there. I mean, he could work, just looking a Game & Watch, but I highly doubt it. plus, does anyone seriously remember/fully and completely KNOW all these characters?

D

Deleted member

agreed. I knew it was fake at "hey, I work for Nintendo!" I mean, this guy would have to SERIOUSLY be sneaky to leak info like THIS out. Plus treacherous....nobody likes traitors! even if they give fanservice info. besides, would Paper Mario even work? I mean....that's a serious dimension screw right there. I mean, he could work, just looking a Game & Watch, but I highly doubt it. plus, does anyone seriously remember/fully and completely KNOW all these characters?
It's less of a matter of remembering and more on the lines of deserving.

While characters like Shulk and Isaac might be unknowns to the new gamers, they are still rather deserving and have a ton of requests. A character like Vaati is just outright random; I rarely see him get brought up in Smash Bros. discussion.
Besides, not everyone has to know a character to get on the roster. Little Mac, a character that is extremely well-known and wanted in the US, was seen as an unknown and a nobody to the Japanese audience.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
There once was a fellow named Toad
He ranked high on polls and had a huge fanbase
He was replaced with Rosalina
And was forced into someone's clothes

Now is a fellow named Bandana Waddle Dee
He ranks high on polls and has a huge fanbase
Don't replace him Sakurai
Don't force him into Dedede's pants

:(

Maikou

Smash Ace

I highly doubt the likeliness of that happening. and last I checked, those waddle dees come from his arm, not his pants. or shirt or whatever he wears. I'm guessing that the worst case scenario is sharing Little Mac's fate. which in the end is still a win. so guys, in the end we win no matter what! :)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Toad isn't deconfirmed 4sho though. Let's say you were in the game's audience, watching a battle of Peach VS Zelda.
Peach brings out Toad, while you look around confused. There's a Toad right by you.... Isn't he in the battle? Why is he still in the audience?
Toad itself is a species of multiple look-a-likes, so you could be sitting by a Toad that looks like the one Peach uses.
Honestly, I still sorta kinda maybe expect Toad for a hidden 6th rep.
*on topic*
I really don't think that a W.Dee or Toad being a move lowers their chances. They're a species. Using that as an argument makes no sense IMHO.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Toad isn't deconfirmed 4sho though. Let's say you were in the game's audience, watching a battle of Peach VS Zelda.
Peach brings out Toad, while you look around confused. There's a Toad right by you.... Isn't he in the battle? Why is he still in the audience?
Toad itself is a species of multiple look-a-likes, so you could be sitting by a Toad that looks like the one Peach uses.
Honestly, I still sorta kinda maybe expect Toad for a hidden 6th rep.
*on topic*
I really don't think that a W.Dee or Toad being a move lowers their chances. They're a species. Using that as an argument makes no sense IMHO.
That's the problem though: most of the Toad fans have already succumbed to pessimism about Toad ever getting in. period. and people are impossible to budge when they are THAT pessimistic, Char.

If I had to choose someone I'd like in who'd never make it no matter what, it'd probably be Umbreon, Charmeleon, Piplup, Deku/Zora/Goron Link from MM, the Melee veterans including Pichu, and probably some others I can't think of right now, Char. though I am glad to see a sort-of optimist for once. way to much pessimism lately. plus I've been dealing with Pichu haters and trolls. not fun, Char.

If I could be in the game, even as a spectator of these awesome fighters, I would love every milisecond of it. literaly.

Top Bottom