• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Rosalina is growing in importance, but clearly not as much as other characters, in which she trumped in terms of moveset.

I was stating how he wasn't actually a generic enemy. Also, in Yoshi's story, there are like 8 Yoshis, all different colors. The only one more relevant being the green Yoshi for reasons already stated.
Rossy's is already the most important mario character since wario, over bowser jr and toad without any doubts.... i dont know who others characters you are talking about.

I know, is just that your logic also aplies to pikachu :B

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
so as we are all waddle dee supporters in here, so if we are lucky; that leaves us an empty assists spot.
who would you like to see as an assist trophy for the kirby series?

i think the only one who really deserves this right now is kracko. he would make a great assist trophy, but he would also make a great boss battle if those are some how in the adventure mode we're getting. yet he would also make a great stage hazard, so he could be used in many ways

another great concept would be the ''painting assist''. which could be done by either paint roller, adeleine, wiz or drawcia/paintra. i would love to see either of them, but i think drawcia and paint roller are the most likely. it would work the exact same as in the kirby games, as the paint something and it comes to life. it can harm the opponent or help them. mostly harm though.

i would also love to see sword & blade knight as an assist trophy for something meta knight related. and the fact meta knight can summon them in kirby super star ultra makes them not only important in the cartoon, but in the games aswell. although i would also love to see the meta-knights appear on the battlefield. maybe both the meta-knights and sword & blade knight could appear and cause so havoc like they did in kirby adventure

but since some big enemies of other franchises also appeared as an assist, we might even see things like marx, nightmare or dark matter

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'd be fine if Knuckle Joe returned. He's probably the most well known Helper from Super Star.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've been digging through some of my old Brawl snapshots. Hopefully, this will be a reality very soon! (With a spear and a bandana, of course)

I feel super old now. This was taken on May 3rd, 2008. :glare:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Knuckle Joe as an Assist trophy sounds good. I still wonder why he got soo much attention, even before the anime came out. Yeah he's the fighter helper in Superstar, but that's not that special because of how many helpers there are, am I missing something somewhere? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that he kinda resembles some street fighter character moves, and Street Fighter was crazy popular when superstar was out.

Kracko has been in almost every game. I almost want to say the single giant eyeball thing started with him as well.

Have Lololo and Lalala been making games still? Could be a reference to those games and early Kirby by including them.

Mr Shine and Mr Bright is another good one. They haven't been in many games though.

It's hard to pick for a boss assists because most of them are 1-2 shot bosses. When Kirby wants something dead, he makes it stay dead.
I've always heard lots of praise about Heavy Lobster, and quite a few people say that the Heavy Lobster is their favorite boss.

Superstar was the last "normal" Kirby game until Return to Dreamland, so Marx got quite a bit of attention. Possibly him?

Return to dreamland had Magolor. I hear he's going to come back in more Kirby games. I haven't seen any official statements though, so we'll have to see if he's a one shot or not later (excluding triple deluxe, since return to dreamland was the most recent game, maybe they decided to have him in there).

Dark matter/zero/zero2. Personally I dislike the games these come from, because it seems like they try to follow the Kirby formula, but fail at it (that's a discussion for another time though). However, I do like idea of the boss, even though I'd rather him being a boss for the end of a world, and not the final boss of so many games.

Daroach sounds good too, though I've never played the games he's from, but he does help Kirby out later according to a wiki. Yeah I'd play the games if I get a chance.

Though if I had to pick a top 3
#1 Kracko
#2 Knuckle Joe (he was in brawl)
#3 Dark matter
Though I think we'd be safe with just Knuckle Joe and Kracko.

@ Rosalina being more important than Bowser Jr.
She does things outside of Super Mario Galaxy now besides being an unlockable/someone to look at? At least bowser Jr. is another boss fight, that also gives an excuse to have silly boss fights and/or bowser boss fights with more going on with them aside from "BOWSER IS HUGE". Yeah, neither Bowser Jr. or Rosalina are very important. I just don't see how Rosalina is so important. *shrug*

Maikou

Smash Ace
I've been digging through some of my old Brawl snapshots. Hopefully, this will be a reality very soon! (With a spear and a bandana, of course)

that waddle dee= Daawww.
Knuckle Joe as an Assist trophy sounds good. I still wonder why he got soo much attention, even before the anime came out. Yeah he's the fighter helper in Superstar, but that's not that special because of how many helpers there are, am I missing something somewhere? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that he kinda resembles some street fighter character moves, and Street Fighter was crazy popular when superstar was out.

Kracko has been in almost every game. I almost want to say the single giant eyeball thing started with him as well.

Have Lololo and Lalala been making games still? Could be a reference to those games and early Kirby by including them.

Mr Shine and Mr Bright is another good one. They haven't been in many games though.

It's hard to pick for a boss assists because most of them are 1-2 shot bosses. When Kirby wants something dead, he makes it stay dead.
I've always heard lots of praise about Heavy Lobster, and quite a few people say that the Heavy Lobster is their favorite boss.

Superstar was the last "normal" Kirby game until Return to Dreamland, so Marx got quite a bit of attention. Possibly him?

Return to dreamland had Magolor. I hear he's going to come back in more Kirby games. I haven't seen any official statements though, so we'll have to see if he's a one shot or not later (excluding triple deluxe, since return to dreamland was the most recent game, maybe they decided to have him in there).

Dark matter/zero/zero2. Personally I dislike the games these come from, because it seems like they try to follow the Kirby formula, but fail at it (that's a discussion for another time though). However, I do like idea of the boss, even though I'd rather him being a boss for the end of a world, and not the final boss of so many games.

Daroach sounds good too, though I've never played the games he's from, but he does help Kirby out later according to a wiki. Yeah I'd play the games if I get a chance.

Though if I had to pick a top 3
#1 Kracko
#2 Knuckle Joe (he was in brawl)
#3 Dark matter
Though I think we'd be safe with just Knuckle Joe and Kracko.

@ Rosalina being more important than Bowser Jr.
She does things outside of Super Mario Galaxy now besides being an unlockable/someone to look at? At least bowser Jr. is another boss fight, that also gives an excuse to have silly boss fights and/or bowser boss fights with more going on with them aside from "BOWSER IS HUGE". Yeah, neither Bowser Jr. or Rosalina are very important. I just don't see how Rosalina is so important. *shrug*
I think we're getting a little off-topic here. but meh.

Bowser Jr. is the main antagonist's SON. of course he's important. and Rosalina is pretty likeable. plus with Mario Galaxy...possiblities are as big as the Universe.
meh, not much to say right now.

meh.
meheheheheh.
meheheheheh....
meheheheheheheheheheheh........Oh Arceus I'm turning into Croagunk!

(as a side note, anyone know how I can start my own thread?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only characters that I can think of that will be good for Assist Trophies are:

1. Magolor: Newly popular character. He can float in the air and shoot various projectiles.
2. Knuckle Joe: Brawl
3. Bonkers: He could be like Little Mac. He would be that insanely powerful Assist Trophy that is prone to jump off the ledge. Though, I think Magnus will fulfill this role.
4. Wispy Woods: He would be summoned in the background of a stage, use his blowing powers like in Green Greens and Dream Land, and summon applies. Occasionally, he might blow out a projectile or two.

Galacta Knight is definitely boss material. If Kirby gets a boss, it better be him.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Here's something I've been meaning to ask: Why do you want Waddle Dee playable in the first place?

For me, his spear would be a great addition for Smash. Plus, I think Kirby should have a 4th character, and he's the most likely now!

Maikou

Smash Ace
Here's something I've been meaning to ask: Why do you want Waddle Dee playable in the first place?

For me, his spear would be a great addition for Smash. Plus, I think Kirby should have a 4th character, and he's the most likely now!
I have one reason for most things I want in Smash.
for Bandana Waddle Dee, it is because he is effing adorable and is an awesome Spear wielder. plus I really like spears.

D

Deleted member

His uniqueness. His spear could make for a fun moveset.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Because he would add something new and unique, I love Kirby games and Waddle Dees XD

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Rossy's is already the most important mario character since wario, over bowser jr and toad without any doubts.... i dont know who others characters you are talking about.

Toad just needs a few more Wario Woods-esque games and he's on par with Yoshi

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't do Bioshock, but I remembered someone who would work for that fourth spot well, Daroach. Helped Kirby out, is an actual character (which is a big concern), and such. He seems like he'd have some fun potential as a character in this hypothetical Tales game too. But that's an old subject now. :p I also think that Kirby canon is kind of fluid currently.

Anyways, Assist Trophies-wise, Magolor is definitely my big one. There are a ton of other ones I'd like to see, but he's my favorite conceptually. But I also like that because it helps encourage him for future games.

And I am optimistic Maikou. Being optimistic but still being able to keep things in mind is important to me.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I wouldn't do Bioshock, but I remembered someone who would work for that fourth spot well, Daroach. Helped Kirby out, is an actual character (which is a big concern), and such. He seems like he'd have some fun potential as a character in this hypothetical Tales game too. But that's an old subject now. :p I also think that Kirby canon is kind of fluid currently.

Anyways, Assist Trophies-wise, Magolor is definitely my big one. There are a ton of other ones I'd like to see, but he's my favorite conceptually. But I also like that because it helps encourage him for future games.

And I am optimistic Maikou. Being optimistic but still being able to keep things in mind is important to me.
Char! :) good. hey I know there's a chance Bandana Dee might not make it, but I'd still rather hope. hope saves the world in games like Earthbound/Mother, so why the heck not? plus pessimists only detract from chances of being victorious!

and it's Bio Spark, not Bioshock. unless you're talking about something different. I don't really care much for ATs: never used em in Brawl. ever. but if I had to choose one for Kirby I'd probably go with Magalor too. unless Bandana Dee becomes AT, but I doubt that one. funny story: as much as I like character types such as Dragons and Ninja as good guys, I'm actually going to have an antagonistic Bio Spark in some of my fanfics. though he's more a rival character than a real enemy. but that's off-topic. BANDANA DEE FOR THE WIN!
Char char!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Toad>Rosa TBH in Importance.

Bandana Dee seems fun in Smash, but I don't think now is a good time for him to be completely honest. Don't get me wrong, I really like Waddle Doos and Dees, but there are SO much potential characters, some might not make it. In terms of newcomers, he has the faces of like Palutena, Ridley, A zelda rep, Chrom, Dixie Kong, etc. to get on par to, because let's say there's like 13 reps in total:
The ones that are confirmed + the mentioned ones above = 10.
Sakurai's retro rep=11
New Pokemon Character=12
That's only one more spot, sadly. And facing for that spot is like (note: this is all speculation, so I am not saying they won't get in)Toad, B.Dee, K.Rool, Shulk, MAYBE (doubt they'd add him with limited spots) Pac-Man, etc. I like Bandana Dee too, but I'm just saying that if you think about it, there might be some othercharacters that MAY have priority over him.

So I would kinda want him after characters such as Toad and such TBH. I'd like him, but not whenever there's like this huge war of so much other potential characters, if you know what I mean.

Plus I'm not sure if Sakurai's modesty would allow him to add THREE of the 13 (palutena, his retro/random rep, and b.dee)

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
well, what you say makes sense, Char. (I'm getting WAY too into this Charmeleon Avatar fits me stuff...)
I don't think Sakurai's modesty should get in Bandana Dee's way TOO much though. I still think it's best if we hope for the best. at worst, Bandana Dee's fate shall be like Little Mac. SSB4 status: Assist Trophy. SSB5 Status: Playable character. JUST LIKE Little Mac from Brawl to Smash 4. still a good enough chance though. and I'm pretty sure the new Retro Rep is found in Little Mac, being that Mac lost two generations of consoles and only has Punch-Out!! Wii running him into Modern Day standards. but then again I could be wrong, Char.

I'm honestly not sure of the entire roster myself. I'm not one for predictions.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Wait... some people are worried about Magolor not being reoccurring/not making any more appearances?

Warning, what may be considered mild spoilers for Triple Deluxe may follow...

Honestly, after Dream Collection had Magolor redeem himself, I'm expecting to show up in person sometime again...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
well, what you say makes sense, Char. (I'm getting WAY too into this Charmeleon Avatar fits me stuff...)
I don't think Sakurai's modesty should get in Bandana Dee's way TOO much though. I still think it's best if we hope for the best. at worst, Bandana Dee's fate shall be like Little Mac. SSB4 status: Assist Trophy. SSB5 Status: Playable character. JUST LIKE Little Mac from Brawl to Smash 4. still a good enough chance though. and I'm pretty sure the new Retro Rep is found in Little Mac, being that Mac lost two generations of consoles and only has Punch-Out!! Wii running him into Modern Day standards. but then again I could be wrong, Char.

I'm honestly not sure of the entire roster myself. I'm not one for predictions.
Ah, I see. I would like him, but it'd also make me worry of other characters I want such as Toad.
Not that Toad is getting in the way of B.Dee or something, but B.Dee is kinda like the Toad of Kirby.
Toad hasn't been deconfirmed but took some shots(no pun intended cause the pic on the day Rosa was revealed cx), B.Dee did too, etc.
I do think that B.Dee could be a unique and fun character, though. Sakurai's modesty might kick in or something, like DDD in Melee.
I'm still hoping for our Dee and Toad to get in, but who knows.
also you keep on saying "Char" reminds me of AC so much and it makes me want to play it right now TBH

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Ah, I see. I would like him, but it'd also make me worry of other characters I want such as Toad.
Not that Toad is getting in the way of B.Dee or something, but B.Dee is kinda like the Toad of Kirby.
Toad hasn't been deconfirmed but took some shots(no pun intended cause the pic on the day Rosa was revealed cx), B.Dee did too, etc.
I do think that B.Dee could be a unique and fun character, though. Sakurai's modesty might kick in or something, like DDD in Melee.
I'm still hoping for our Dee and Toad to get in, but who knows.
also you keep on saying "Char" reminds me of AC so much and it makes me want to play it right now TBH
What's AC? and what's TBH mean, anyway? either way I kinda half to agree and disagree. Waddle Dees (generic) are more so the Goombas or Koopas or the Kirby series. Bandana Dee is the only one who's really comparable to Toad by much, Char.

I'm a little unsure about Sakurai's modesty though. but I can't really say anything, Char.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
What's AC? and what's TBH mean, anyway? either way I kinda half to agree and disagree. Waddle Dees (generic) are more so the Goombas or Koopas or the Kirby series. Bandana Dee is the only one who's really comparable to Toad by much, Char.

I'm a little unsure about Sakurai's modesty though. but I can't really say anything, Char.
AC=Animal Crossing, basically like the Sims where you live in a town of animals, and you just do daily deeds.
TBH=To be honest
It reminded me of this, because usually the animals say:
"Oh, hello "insert name of player here!" How are you today, "insert catchphrase here"?
Since they all have their own catchphrase.
Sakurai's modesty just depends though. If we have a lot of newcomers like 15+ or something, then it might not kick in, it just more than likely depends.

Maikou

Smash Ace
AC=Animal Crossing, basically like the Sims where you live in a town of animals, and you just do daily deeds.
TBH=To be honest
It reminded me of this, because usually the animals say:
"Oh, hello "insert name of player here!" How are you today, "insert catchphrase here"?
Since they all have their own catchphrase.
Sakurai's modesty just depends though. If we have a lot of newcomers like 15+ or something, then it might not kick in, it just more than likely depends.
OH. Ok. yeah I know what Animal Crossing is. I watched a whole month of someone LPing it. (LP=Let's Play)
makes sense. for some reason that makes me want to look up cute birds. (I love birds)
I must say, one of my favorite quotes from a video game character ever has to be "I won't lose next time! As if!" lol. Char.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My opinions on Assist Trophies:

Knuckle Joe: Same as Brawl.
Kracko: Basically, flies above, swoops down occasionally, fires lightning down underneath him.
Adeleine/Ado: Will paint up a Maxim Tomato. Sometimes the Maxim Tomato isn't fully made, and instead is a projectile that the player can throw to stun opponents.
Magolor: Magolor will fire energy blasts at opponents. That's all I got.
Bonkers: Bonkers will throw explosive coconuts, and perform the Hammer Spin.
Chef Kawasaki: The chef bangs his cookware together and then throws dishes. If a character gets too close to him, he'll grab them with his frying pan.
Poppy Bros. Sr.: Throws bombs and jumps in his banana shoes.

I might be missing a few good ideas.

Maikou

Smash Ace
My opinions on Assist Trophies:

Knuckle Joe: Same as Brawl.
Kracko: Basically, flies above, swoops down occasionally, fires lightning down underneath him.
Adeleine/Ado: Will paint up a Maxim Tomato. Sometimes the Maxim Tomato isn't fully made, and instead is a projectile that the player can throw to stun opponents.
Magolor: Magolor will fire energy blasts at opponents. That's all I got.
Bonkers: Bonkers will throw explosive coconuts, and perform the Hammer Spin.
Chef Kawasaki: The chef bangs his cookware together and then throws dishes. If a character gets too close to him, he'll grab them with his frying pan.
Poppy Bros. Sr.: Throws bombs and jumps in his banana shoes.

I might be missing a few good ideas.
I have a few, Char.
Parasol Dee (Different from Bandana Dee): follows player and attacks nearby enemies with Parasol moves from KSSU, sometimes reflects projectiles with Parasol Shield (the hold B move)
Bio Spark: jumps around the arena throwing Kunai, occasionally jumps from above and delivers a flying kick to the foe(s)
Sword Knight & Blade Knight: move back and forth and slash at the foe with their swords
I have a few more, but they are mainly the helpers from Kirby Super Star/Ultra, Char.
here's one that isn't a helper, Char:
Dynablade: flies around the screen and occasionally attacks by landing and creating shockwaves.
That's pretty much all I have, Char.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I know this is extremely unlikely, but... Phan Phan AT!
One of my favorite mini-bosses.
Phan-Phan is awesome, I didn't include him solely for space, but I want to watch a giant round elephant grab Ganondorf and wreck his a$$ more than anything else on the planet.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I have a few, Char.
Parasol Dee (Different from Bandana Dee): follows player and attacks nearby enemies with Parasol moves from KSSU, sometimes reflects projectiles with Parasol Shield (the hold B move)
Bio Spark: jumps around the arena throwing Kunai, occasionally jumps from above and delivers a flying kick to the foe(s)
Sword Knight & Blade Knight: move back and forth and slash at the foe with their swords
I have a few more, but they are mainly the helpers from Kirby Super Star/Ultra, Char.
here's one that isn't a helper, Char:
Dynablade: flies around the screen and occasionally attacks by landing and creating shockwaves.
That's pretty much all I have, Char.
I completely forgot about Dynablade.
Well, is obvious that Kirby is one of the franchises with more AT/Bosses possibilities XD
Phan-Phan is awesome, I didn't include him solely for space, but I want to watch a giant round elephant grab Ganondorf and wreck his a$$ more than anything else on the planet.
:laugh:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I completely forgot about Dynablade.
Well, is obvious that Kirby is one of the franchises with more AT/Bosses possibilities XD

:laugh:
The only other franchises I think have way more than enough potential for assist characters are Pokemon (duh), Kirby, Donkey Kong Country and third-parties (Mega Man mainly, with a hint of Sonic).

The Animal Friends (Rick, Kine and Coo) would make awesome Assist Trophies as well.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I like the idea of Galacta Knight as a boss. However, with the way bosses have been handled in Smash, I worry that Galacta Knight will be far too easy.
Wait... some people are worried about Magolor not being reoccurring/not making any more appearances?

Warning, what may be considered mild spoilers for Triple Deluxe may follow...

Honestly, after Dream Collection had Magolor redeem himself, I'm expecting to show up in person sometime again...

I figured they just added Magolor to Triple Deluxe because he was the final boss of the most recent game. While him being in Triple Deluxe gives him good chances, he's not gaurunteed yet. However, if he comes back in future games I'll be happy..... especially if he's playable alongside Bandana Dee, Meta Knight, and Dedede. If I'm not using Meta Knight I'll probably want to play Magolor next (then Bandana Dee, and King DDD and Kirby are tied for last).

With that said I still think Magolor becoming a new part of the Kirby series is more likely than Bandana Dee because there's not much going against him (except for the fact that most Kirby bosses have a habbit of dissappearing after their first game). Bandana Dee is still likely though.

Curious, what would everyone's reaction be if Magolor got in instead of Bandana Dee?

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Not an AT or Boss, but I think that a trophy of Shadow Kirby, Dark Meta Knight, and Black Dedede posing in front of the Amazing Mirror would be cool. Then, if you angle the camera just right when viewing the trophy, you can spot the reflections of Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede in the mirror.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Not an AT or Boss, but I think that a trophy of Shadow Kirby, Dark Meta Knight, and Black Dedede posing in front of the Amazing Mirror would be cool. Then, if you angle the camera just right when viewing the trophy, you can spot the reflections of Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede in the mirror.
Soon... XD

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
The only other franchises I think have way more than enough potential for assist characters are Pokemon (duh), Kirby, Donkey Kong Country and third-parties (Mega Man mainly, with a hint of Sonic).
Kirby has more potential assist/bosses than itself... That makes legitimate sense.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman

You took that picture on my birthday... just sayian'..

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I kind of wonder how Magolor would work as a playable character. He doesn't have a clear cut power analog. Though they may just make up something new, like they did with Bandanna Dee. I really thought Spear was an obvious power to do though.

Top Bottom