• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

When I stop getting lazy, I will put Kirby's Return to Dream Land back in my Wii and make a moveset for Bandana Dee.
I made one for Bomberman and Shulk, might as well do one for Bandana Dee.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I was thinking that Bandana Dee can be a combination of two Kirby powers (like how Meta Knight is a combination of sword and wing).
What do you think?
Spear and Ball?
Spear and Beetle? (Spear attacks instead of horn attacks)

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think Spear and Fighter would work best for him. I mean, his first ever appearance was at a competition for martial-artists to crack the planet in two.

it would make sense. I mean, heck, he wears a boss bandana, who wouldn't think he's a fighter? XD
I jest. XD

I'm not sure how a Spear and Ball combo would work.
I do think Spear and Beetle could work though. I mean, impalation? sure! totally! X)
or maybe Spear and Sword?

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Spear and Beetle seem right for him, but Parasol or Fighter could work too.

Also, just picked up Nightmare in Dream Land a few days ago! Now I can play Kirby's Adventure on the go! YEAH!

I'm also saving up for either Return to Dream Land, or Super Star Ultra. Of course, this is after I get Punch-Out!! for the Wii.

Here's to hoping for my birthday!

LF2K

Floor Diver
There's leftover data in Brawl that suggests Waddle Dees and Doos were going to be enemies during the Subspace Emissary. Blade Knight, Bronto Burt, and Bonkers have unused data like this, too!

Probably won't affect Bandana Dee's chances, but still a neat little thing I felt like sharing. :p

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
There's leftover data in Brawl that suggests Waddle Dees and Doos were going to be enemies during the Subspace Emissary. Blade Knight, Bronto Burt, and Bonkers have unused data like this, too!

Probably won't affect Bandana Dee's chances, but still a neat little thing I felt like sharing. :p
I didn't know that :0
Pretty cool.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

I knew about Waddle Dee/Doo, but I didn't know about Blade Knight, Bronto Burt, or Bonker. That is interesting. I wish that more enemies from other franchises made it in. I want to see some Metroid and Bulborb.

D

Deleted member

I was wondering, is anyone going to get KTD on May 2? I will.

I knew about Waddle Dee/Doo, but I didn't know about Blade Knight, Bronto Burt, or Bonker. That is interesting. I wish that more enemies from other franchises made it in. I want to see some Metroid and Bulborb.
I wish for the same thing. It certainly would have made the SSE a bit less bland in my eyes. I hated how the only Nintendo enemies in the SSE were Mario enemies and not enemies from other franchises.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've been playing Mega Man 6, and I happened to notice there's another Spear Master. Or should I say "Master of Spear"? :p

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Aye. I love Waddle Dee. One of my most wanted characters for this game. He seems to have a fairly high chance of making it in, so I'm happy.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee is confirmed until disconfirmed. I am going to keep reapeating this until he is confirmed.
Bandana Dee is confirmed until disconfirmed. I am going to keep reapeating this until he is confirmed.
Bandana Dee is confirmed until....ah screw it.

So far things are looking good for the adorable death machine that is Bandana Dee. hopefully this keeps up. Optimism people, optimism!

LF2K

Floor Diver
I must say , this is one bada** looking picture.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haven't visited in a while. I see there's still no sign of the Waddle Dee Toss. Good sign or neutral sign?
Neutral.
While it still hasn't been shown, that doesn't mean anything. A good sign would be if King Dedede's side special and Final Smash were changed (the latter will happen more than the former).

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
A few more arguments and answers and stuff.
@ Kirby doesn't need 4 reps
With Mario now getting 5 different representatives, it wouldn't hurt to follow that pattern adding a fourth representative to Kirby, considering it's popularity and being one of the largest Nintendo series. Not only that, but with Rosalina being added almost solely for moveset potential, Bandana Dee seems far more plausible than before.

@He's a generic enemy
Even if he was considered a generic enemy, that didn't stop Yoshi from getting in, whose another specific creature from a race who got had a special skill or event. Bandana Dee is a spear-wielding master, much more powerful than a normal one, whereas Yoshi helped Baby Mario in his games, giving him much more importance than a normal Yoshi.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
A few more arguments and answers and stuff.
@ Kirby doesn't need 4 reps
With Mario now getting 5 different representatives, it wouldn't hurt to follow that pattern adding a fourth representative to Kirby, considering it's popularity and being one of the largest Nintendo series. Not only that, but with Rosalina being added almost solely for moveset potential, Bandana Dee seems far more plausible than before.

@He's a generic enemy
Even if he was considered a generic enemy, that didn't stop Yoshi from getting in, whose another specific creature from a race who got had a special skill or event. Bandana Dee is a spear-wielding master, much more powerful than a normal one, whereas Yoshi helped Baby Mario in his games, giving him much more importance than a normal Yoshi.
Added to the OP, thanks!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I was thinking that Bandana Dee can be a combination of two Kirby powers (like how Meta Knight is a combination of sword and wing).
>Tornado,

I dont think dee needs more fighter skills so, spear+ball+suplex will work to me.

with Rosalina being added almost solely for moveset potential, Bandana Dee seems far more plausible than before.

@He's a generic enemy
Even if he was considered a generic enemy, that didn't stop Yoshi from getting in
uhm no, thats just a reason the fans thought because they couldnt get the clues about rossy's growing importance in mario, funny cause they kinda get the clues about dee.

Im sure she got in because the sales she can give to the series, moveset was just a plus.

And yoshi is different, he had a spinoff puzzle series with mario and his own plattaform franchise before smash, something dee doesnt have. On that time, say something like "yoshi is just a generic species" was like saying "pikachus is just a generic species", is not the best example.

Just pointing that.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Rosalina's also quite the darkhorse in her series. Kind of like a certain bandana-clad character...:smirk:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
If Meta Knight is any indication, I don't think Bandana Dee will use many attacks from the games he is from if he gets in smash.

Though for future Kirby games, I would like to see Bandana Dee with more interesting moves. In return to dreamland his moveset is really really basic for the most part.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If Meta Knight is any indication, I don't think Bandana Dee will use many attacks from the games he is from if he gets in smash.

Though for future Kirby games, I would like to see Bandana Dee with more interesting moves. In return to dreamland his moveset is really really basic for the most part.
All the Kirby powers are "basic" XD

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
All the Kirby powers are "basic" XD
Well..... More basic than most abilities. Or at least more basic than hammer, sword, or wing (aka meta knight+ dedede).
When I think of kirby abilities, I usually don't think of the ones that aren't just one button press/easy to use like hi-jump/plasma/stone, etc.. I usually think of the ones that are usually harder to master (and are generally dismissed by many players that don't play kirby games much because they don't know how to use it properly, and instead they do easy mode abilities like plasma).

The thing with Bandana Dee is that he is just point a direction, and attack when he's not using his projectile attack or helicopter. Dedede is a slow simple guy, but even his hammer attacks are a bit more special than what Bandana Dee has. Of course, Return to Dreamland is the first game with Spear Ability in it, so maybe that's why.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Well..... More basic than most abilities. Or at least more basic than hammer, sword, or wing (aka meta knight+ dedede).
When I think of kirby abilities, I usually don't think of the ones that aren't just one button press/easy to use like hi-jump/plasma/stone, etc.. I usually think of the ones that are usually harder to master (and are generally dismissed by many players that don't play kirby games much because they don't know how to use it properly, and instead they do easy mode abilities like plasma).

The thing with Bandana Dee is that he is just point a direction, and attack when he's not using his projectile attack or helicopter. Dedede is a slow simple guy, but even his hammer attacks are a bit more special than what Bandana Dee has. Of course, Return to Dreamland is the first game with Spear Ability in it, so maybe that's why.
well you know, that might be why most Waddle Dees take spears over swords, hammers, or wings XD

Keeshu

Smash Ace
well you know, that might be why most Waddle Dees take spears over swords, hammers, or wings XD
You make me want to play with Blade Knight and Sword Knight now......

Maybe I'm not giving King Dedede enough credit. He is a king afterall. I just always viewed him as the undeserving king because of how much of a jerk he is and he doesn't seem the brightest when it comes to making plans from what I've seen.
And maybe I'm giving Bandana Dee too much credit. Viewing him as the elite of the elite, being better than the one he serves (almost like Meta Knight V2.0, but cutified)

Maikou

Smash Ace
You make me want to play with Blade Knight and Sword Knight now......

Maybe I'm not giving King Dedede enough credit. He is a king afterall. I just always viewed him as the undeserving king because of how much of a jerk he is and he doesn't seem the brightest when it comes to making plans from what I've seen.
And maybe I'm giving Bandana Dee too much credit. Viewing him as the elite of the elite, being better than the one he serves (almost like Meta Knight V2.0, but cutified)
Well, Blade and Sword are at least good enough to be liked by the greatest warrior in dreamland....

Well, at least Dededevious over there can come up with decent plans.....SOMEtimes....*coughwhispywoodscough*, but there's no way Bandana Dee is even close to Meta Knight V2.0 cutified. Meta Knight's too broken for that XD! no seriously, in Meta Knightmare Ultra, he can freaking heal himself by committing genocide of random creatures. oh, and it also somehow fuels the Mach Tornado....no clue on that one XD
I'm kinda wondering something a little off-topic though....will they ever make a Kirby Exploration game like Amazing Mirror ever again, with all the modern Copy Abilites and such? because I'd love to have a Kirby game with the Yo-yo power where I can explore by beating the crap out of stuff with a child's plaything XD.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Kirby loves making tons of spinoffs so unlikely that we'll get another amazing mirror, since they tend to make one type of game and never revisit it. Closest thing we'll probably get is an online kirby that might have some amazing mirror traits. Which sounds awesome in theory.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Kirby loves making tons of spinoffs so unlikely that we'll get another amazing mirror, since they tend to make one type of game and never revisit it. Closest thing we'll probably get is an online kirby that might have some amazing mirror traits. Which sounds awesome in theory.
Well, I kinda have to doubt that. thing is, we've had the same style for Kirby for a while now. and Amazing Mirror doesn't start out that different. heck, I'm still playing Amazing Mirror today and I still have things to find that I'm struggling to find. If anything, I personally feel the best ever Kirby game would be a "Best of all worlds" mix of Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad, and Return to Dreamland. adding in every power that's been removed unless changed otherwise. plus adding 4-Player co-op with Bandana Dee becoming a staple would be absolutely awesome.

I'm starting to wonder if we're all getting a little obsessed with the little Spear warrior.....hmmmm....nah.

but your idea would definitely be interesting.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well, I kinda have to doubt that. thing is, we've had the same style for Kirby for a while now. and Amazing Mirror doesn't start out that different. heck, I'm still playing Amazing Mirror today and I still have things to find that I'm struggling to find. If anything, I personally feel the best ever Kirby game would be a "Best of all worlds" mix of Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad, and Return to Dreamland. adding in every power that's been removed unless changed otherwise. plus adding 4-Player co-op with Bandana Dee becoming a staple would be absolutely awesome.

I'm starting to wonder if we're all getting a little obsessed with the little Spear warrior.....hmmmm....nah.

but your idea would definitely be interesting.
Personally I like the idea of adding in Magalor to being the 5th main member, so in any 4 player games, no one is forced to play Kirby if for some reason they do not want to play him. For some reason I think the kirby staff do not want there to be 4 meta knights for some reason. Just have some recolors and you're good to go.

D

Deleted member

Personally I like the idea of adding in Magalor to being the 5th main member, so in any 4 player games, no one is forced to play Kirby if for some reason they do not want to play him. For some reason I think the kirby staff do not want there to be 4 meta knights for some reason. Just have some recolors and you're good to go.
It wouldn't make sense however.
You need Kirby and his copy abilities in the long scheme of things. You cannot do certain tasks without Kirby. Having player 1 be other characters is more of a bonus feature, like Meta Nightmare, rather than a gameplay option.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
You need Kirby and his copy abilities in the long scheme of things. You cannot do certain tasks without Kirby. Having player 1 be other characters is more of a bonus feature, like Meta Nightmare, rather than a gameplay option.
Perhaps a Super Mario 3D World style? As in players 2-4 just pick whoever they feel like, opting to be a character or Kirby.
Of course, that could all be circumvented if this was on the Wii U, and there were 5 characters at once

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think a simple way out of that is to make a 4-player bonus mode where you can play through the levels as whoever you want, kind of like Super Star Ultra's Helper to Hero mode, except better. I think that's one of the few things KSSU lacked: a mode to play through as any helper/power you want without needing to play as Kirby. A proper Helper to Hero that lives up to it's name, one might say.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I made more signatures icons! :D

And also here is a better version (imo) of other signature icons.

@Brawler610 , you can change it, if you want.

I will add them to the OP.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
>Tornado,

I dont think dee needs more fighter skills so, spear+ball+suplex will work to me.

uhm no, thats just a reason the fans thought because they couldnt get the clues about rossy's growing importance in mario, funny cause they kinda get the clues about dee. rel

Im sure she got in because the sales she can give to the series, moveset was just a plus.

And yoshi is different, he had a spinoff puzzle series with mario and his own plattaform franchise before smash, something dee doesnt have. On that time, say something like "yoshi is just a generic species" was like saying "pikachus is just a generic species", is not the best example.

Just pointing that.
Rosalina is growing in importance, but clearly not as much as other characters, in which she trumped in terms of moveset.

I was stating how he wasn't actually a generic enemy. Also, in Yoshi's story, there are like 8 Yoshis, all different colors. The only one more relevant being the green Yoshi for reasons already stated.

Top Bottom