• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
How did I miss this tread, Of course Im supporting
Is this your first time in this thread? ._.
Well, if you want to appear as a supporter you have to press the YES option in the poll.
If you want to see the other supporters ,click the number of votes.
Thanks for your support! :)

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I would main Bandanna Dee. I seem to have a habit of maining Kirby and his crew. But my "main" list is immensely large, as it consists of anyone I can beat the majority of my friends with. My "mains" are probably more specifically the ones I can beat my best (at Smash) friend with though, so not sure if he'd be there.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I would main Bandanna Dee. I seem to have a habit of maining Kirby and his crew. But my "main" list is immensely large, as it consists of anyone I can beat the majority of my friends with. My "mains" are probably more specifically the ones I can beat my best (at Smash) friend with though, so not sure if he'd be there.
Having a large "main" list isn't a bad thing.
#1 There's a lot of characters you like. Playing only one character with one gameplay style will get boring after a while, no matter what game you play. So having a bunch will keep you entertained for much longer (or forever)
#2 You've taken the time to thoroughly understand their strengths + weaknesses through experience. Which makes it easier for you to counter them when using another character.

But hey, maybe I'm biased when I say this, because I know what it's like to fight some character that you know absolutely nothing about in other games. I just love many characters for different reasons, so many times they seem incomparable to each other so it's hard for me to see how people force themselves to pick only one characters in other games.

I updated the OP.
What do you think?
Do I have to fix/add something?
A link to Sakurai's tweet?

Perhaps add a moveset? I don't care about movesets personally as ultimately it's up to whatever the devs want to make for a moveset (and I don't completely agree with some movesets for some characters in smash), but I've seen plenty of people that do care about it.

That's all I can think off by looking at it at a glance. I didn't know about the statue, or the tweet before, that pretty much cements him as a major character in Kirby. You don't just put some random character next to (and in front) of Meta Knight and King Dedede for no reason.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I love many characters, both for who they are and their playstyle. The first tends to draw me to who I play more, though a fun playstyle can get me interested in them without knowing much about them (Marth, Ness, probably others). I'm not as good with some characters as others, but I definitely have a long list relative to the ones I don't play as. There are only a few characters my friends play that I don't though, so it works out. I also play them often enough to get the feel anyways. Smash's roster is part of what I love about it, I play a lot more characters in it than I do in more traditional fighting games.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Bandana Dee should get his own cartoon series if he gets confirmed.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Could you please change two things on the moveset? On the down throw could you change it from "pots" to "puts". and could you take the 100% ledge attack out, since Sukarai confirmed they were removed?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, does the Waddle Dee Brigade already know when to expect MetaKnight? Will there be an oppertunity for Bandana Dee to be revealed afterwards or will he be like Dixie at this point? Probably be revealed at random and all.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
So, does the Waddle Dee Brigade already know when to expect MetaKnight? Will there be an oppertunity for Bandana Dee to be revealed afterwards or will he be like Dixie at this point? Probably be revealed at random and all.
May 2 is the likely release for MK it being the US Triple Deluxe release.

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking that we will get Meta Knight next month or near May 2. Next month is the anniversary of Kirby's Adventure in Japan (his debut) and the anniversary of Kirby Super Star in Japan (where Meta Knight had a major role in Revenge of Meta Knight).

LF2K

Floor Diver
Kirby's 22th anniversary is in April. But both Fire Emblem and Murasame Castle also have their anniversaries in that month. April could be a very interesting month. :grin:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kirby's 22th anniversary is in April. But both Fire Emblem and Murasame Castle also have their anniversaries in that month. April could be a very interesting month. :grin:
I'm hoping to see Meta Knight soon, but I do have some doubts for March and April (really hoping for Wario in March). If anything, we might get Takamaru in a Nintendo Direct and Ike in that same month.

LF2K

Floor Diver
What kind of characters do you think Waddle Dee would have an advantage against? Mega Man, for obvious reasons...:smirk:

D

Deleted member

What kind of characters do you think Waddle Dee would have an advantage against? Mega Man, for obvious reasons...:smirk:
Since Bandana Dee's spear is good as a ranged weapon, I think that he would have an advantage over those with poor range, like Wario for example. He might struggle against heavy fighters like Donkey Kong.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I like the Soul song as well. Triple Deluxe has some amazing songs, and I'm loving the latest Kirby games and how they approach the plot, music, and gameplay so far. I can't wait for the next console game.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Spring Breeze reference? Maybe even Masked Dedede. :smirk:

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
Spring Breeze reference? Maybe even Masked Dedede. :smirk:
i'm thinking it's going to be his new final smash

also it been almost two months since dedede's reveal and we've haven't seen a single waddle dee yet

oh and this picture really shows how gorgeous the graphics are this time

LF2K

Floor Diver
It's too early to say, but maybe Waddle Dee Toss has been removed in favor of a certain character...? :chuckle:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
It's too early to say, but maybe Waddle Dee Toss has been removed in favor of a certain character...? :chuckle:
highly unlikely, the waddle dees have always been a big part of dedede mainly because of being his army, it was also his signature move in brawl, their not gone,but the waddle dees absence does bode well for our friend in blue
they'll pop up . . . eventually

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
highly unlikely, the waddle dees have always been a big part of dedede mainly because of being his army, it was also his signature move in brawl, their not gone,but the waddle dees absence does bode well for our friend in blue
they'll pop up . . . eventually
pretty sure they will, infact i'll be pretty disappointed if the waddle dee throw doesn't return. but i don't want to see them this early, cause i guess that would kind of lower the chance of spear waddle dee's appearance? but i'm also surprised how popular the character is in japan, all in his favor.

i mean imagine banada waddle dee vs three king dedede's throwing waddle dees constantly. it will be a screen full of waddle dee's

i want to swim in it

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
He's the most requested Kirby character in Japan. That says a lot for him!

If he does get revealed, I can't wait to see Miiverse's reaction...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
pretty sure they will, infact i'll be pretty disappointed if the waddle dee throw doesn't return. but i don't want to see them this early, cause i guess that would kind of lower the chance of spear waddle dee's appearance? but i'm also surprised how popular the character is in japan, all in his favor.

i mean imagine banada waddle dee vs three king dedede's throwing waddle dees constantly. it will be a screen full of waddle dee's

i want to swim in it
it doesn't lower his chances a bit if waddle dees were shown, it will lower/eliminate his chances if the waddle dee/s inquestion have bandanas

though japans popularity definitely helps especially seeing how its bigger than most think

Last edited:

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice

also some should totally add this one to possible music for bandana dee, it even fits him as i like to think that the waddle dee from 64 is the same as bandana dee.
i really hope this smash is going to pick more unfamiliar songs too from games like kirby 64, kirby dreamland 2 and air ride ( air ride seems to looking good, with the intro theme being in rosalina's reveal trailer, also yeah brawl had checkers knights, but checkers knight is actually from the cartoon, not from air ride )

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
He's the most requested Kirby character in Japan. That says a lot for him!

If he does get revealed, I can't wait to see Miiverse's reaction...
He is the most requested Kirby character here too, the difference is that , in Japan, he is one of the most requested characters in general.
And Miiverse loves Bandana Dee...and Shrek XD

also some should totally add this one to possible music for bandana dee, it even fits him as i like to think that the waddle dee from 64 is the same as bandana dee.
i really hope this smash is going to pick more unfamiliar songs too from games like kirby 64, kirby dreamland 2 and air ride ( air ride seems to looking good, with the intro theme being in rosalina's reveal trailer, also yeah brawl had checkers knights, but checkers knight is actually from the cartoon, not from air ride )
I will add that music to the OP.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, to be fair there aren't really many other options for a Kirby rep. There are others that would be interesting, but Bandanna Dee is very interesting, and gives us a Waddle Dee, which is an iconic Kirby enemy. I'd still love to see Magolor in this, but that won't happen outside of an Assist Trophy at best.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The only other characters I can think of are Knuckle Joe, Gooey, and Prince Fluff. Joe's an assist trophy, Gooey's dropped off the planet, and Fluff was pretty much a one-shot character. Hell, he wasn't intended to be a Kirby character in the first place!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I can think of other characters, but I don't think they are as likely as Bandanna Dee. Which is a shame, Kirby needs more recurring figures.

LF2K

Floor Diver
But yeah, Waddle Dee comes out on top. If there's any Kirby newcomer, odds are, it'll be him!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
It will be. I just wish he had more competition. Not because I don't want him in, but because it would mean that Kirby has a more fleshed out and consistent roster. If that makes sense. Still, the way they're doing Kirby games now seems like it'll be a good boon for that.

On a mildly related note, I think a Kirby RP would be fun, especially considering how the characters are.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What would be funny is if there was actually a third theme for the Boxing Ring, and it was based upon the Mt. DeDeDe arena with the big penguins mug replacing the W.V.B.A mat.

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
The only other characters I can think of are Knuckle Joe, Gooey, and Prince Fluff. Joe's an assist trophy, Gooey's dropped off the planet, and Fluff was pretty much a one-shot character. Hell, he wasn't intended to be a Kirby character in the first place!
Does everyone keep forgetting the closest thing to a recurring villain in Kirby?

Dark Matter, of course!

I mean, just look at that mug!

Boy, doesn't he look happy?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Oh, yeah! Dark Matter... I kind of forget about him. How long's it been since Dark Matter was a villain?

Last edited:
Top Bottom