• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
There's also Zero, though imagining him playable is a bit of a stretch. And there are other potential choices. I think that Bandanna Dee gets more attention because he's more recent (Dark Matter, outside of a cameo, hasn't been seen since Kirby 64), and he'd be really unique, since spears aren't a weapon of any sort with anyone currently in.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Krystal and Chrom are probably the only other people who are known to wield spears. But of course, spears are Bandana Dee's forte!

I can't imagine Zero playable. Something about shooting blood at other fighters seems kind of... unsettling.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Dark matter is a blob with a face mask.

Never seen before in smash.

Instantly included.

Meta knight doesn't count

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Krystal wouldn't be using a spear, but a staff (though the way she'd use it would probably make it like a spear). Chrom wouldn't use a spear though. Not as his primary weapon. Best he'd do is something like a Side-B Javelin. His iconic weapon is the Falchion after all.

And I can't imagine Zero playable, but more because the way he's shaped would make him odd to fight as. I don't see anything wrong with him fighting others beyond Kirby. On a 64 note though I wish they'd do more with the Dreamland stuff. I liked Ribbon and the fairies and such.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I have a Kirby plush myself. I've been meaning to get more plushes from Kirby, but I can't seem to find my Kirby one, so that has my attention a bit more. Well, that and being poor.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
I've got quite the trio myself, love them.

Also i would love sword dark matter to return to the Kirby franchise, love his design.

Attachments

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Daw, so cute in general. Why the sunglasses though? And I need to get a Waddle Dee plush to pair with my Kirby one sometime.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Huh. I imagined a lot more bloodshed and hatred when I though "Chandelure."

I just found an old Wendy's toy, a wind-up Ice Kirby with Dedede and Escargoon targets to hit. I think a Chilly was made for it as well, but I can't find it. I miss being able to walk into fast food places and asking for Happy Meals without strange looks from the employees younger than me.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well , another AT down. I wasn't a Waluigi hopeful, but a lot of people are upset. I just hope we don't end up like that. :ohwell:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Just think... Any pic of the day could lead to defeat. Every day another hope could be lost... And one day that could be us... I'm depressed. Gonna go break out the whipped cream.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Just think... Any pic of the day could lead to defeat. Every day another hope could be lost... And one day that could be us... I'm depressed. Gonna go break out the whipped cream.
C'mon, hope!
Every character can be deconfirmed at any moment, but that's not a reason to lose the hope :D

D

Deleted member

Right now, I am hoping for the best and preparing to expect the worst.

If Bandana Dee isn't playable, I rather have him as a Trophy or a Sticker than as an Assist Trophy. Seeing the latter will make me upset…

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer him as an Assist myself over anything other than playable. Playable is still the best of course, I'd much prefer to see him playable. But yeah, I'm expecting any day we could wind up having him deconfirmed. I am more hopeful for him the longer we go with no Waddle Dee's at all, since that's an oddly specific thing to avoid showing if there is no reason for it so far.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
He is. Kirby in general is really awesome. I wish they'd make a new anime, I liked the old one quite a bit, but it kind of missed some things in Kirby I'd like to see. I can easily think of a plot for it, but I'm guessing there isn't a market for it.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
so really late on this, but eh,
another character became an assist, this time an somewhat fan favorite among smashboards,
well at least its another guy down for us, we still need to worry about the waddle dee throw,
though this does come to the realization, that no matter what character, they can become deconfirmed or so close down to it that all hope becomes lost at anytime, gotta make ya think eh?
luckily we are still going to be strong and brace for Kirby news no matter, just gotta last till we find out more about the Kirby gang, then determine what it means for Waddle "bandana" dee
by the way I got an question to ask ya mates,
how many Kirby assist trophies do you think we'll be getting? because if we only get 1 at the most and get one revealed that isn't bandana dee, that increase his likeliness by a good amount eh.
what do you guys think?

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I think it's hard to tell Assist Trophies, but I do think only one is pretty likely. I'll extend it by saying if it's someone like, say, Magolor, it increases his odds, since it shows them paying attention to Return to Dreamland.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Personally, If Bandana Dee is seriously screwed over with the Waddle Dee toss or an Assist Trophy, I will lose my faith in Sakurai. waste of a good character. Waluigi makes sense as an AT, because he honestly doesn't have a sensible moveset. (In my opinion, unless we seriously want to throw together Mario Kart and Mario Sports into Smash Bros.)

For the record, I am a supporter and I have Voted YES in the poll already. I've also read every post in this thread so far :)
I came out of nowhere, didn't I?

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Considering it's your first post, I think it'd be hard for you to not come out of nowhere. And there are a ton of good potential characters who wind up getting sent to be an Assist Trophy. It's just the fact only so many get in. I certainly want Bandanna Dee in, but if he is an Assist, I won't be upset majorly by it. It shows he got enough attention to be come an Assist at least, which is probably the most focus he can hope for outside of being playable.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Personally, If Bandana Dee is seriously screwed over with the Waddle Dee toss or an Assist Trophy, I will lose my faith in Sakurai. waste of a good character. Waluigi makes sense as an AT, because he honestly doesn't have a sensible moveset. (In my opinion, unless we seriously want to throw together Mario Kart and Mario Sports into Smash Bros.)

For the record, I am a supporter and I have Voted YES in the poll already. I've also read every post in this thread so far :)
welcome to smashboards, and thanks for using your first post to show support for bandana dee mate
hope you enjoy your time here, you've already became an supporter by pressing yes on the poll,
feel free to spend your time here chatting about the Kirby games or business with Waddle "bandana" dee

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

:D

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I do want Bandana Dee in, but I think he might end up as a Meta-Knight but without the glide/flying. After all, he's a small character who relies on fast attacks and combos.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm going to be asking a lot of questions about how things work, just so you know. and thanks for the welcome! I suddenly feel my Charmeleon avatar is fitting for me. I have to ask how to quote first though, so I don't cause any confusion when I reply to certain people.

personally, (for the record, I like that word) I'm a casual Smash Player who considers himself to be decent with just about anyone, (minus Ganondorf. I HATE slow characters and heavy-weights. no offense to heavy-weight mains, just my personal opinion)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm going to be asking a lot of questions about how things work, just so you know. and thanks for the welcome! I suddenly feel my Charmeleon avatar is fitting for me. I have to ask how to quote first though, so I don't cause any confusion when I reply to certain people.

personally, (for the record, I like that word) I'm a casual Smash Player who considers himself to be decent with just about anyone, (minus Ganondorf. I HATE slow characters and heavy-weights. no offense to heavy-weight mains, just my personal opinion)
feel free to ask away mate, all of us will help ya out,
if you want to quote just press this little nifty reply button right here
untitled.png
<-
they can be found on the bottom right of each post
it will bring up what the person posted, along with putting it in a quote format, like what I did with yours above

Last edited:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering all the others fly, I'd be kind of surprised if Bandanna Dee doesn't wind up with multiple jumps. I could also see a parasol for a kind of glide as well. More like Melee's Parasol than a traditional glide though.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Considering it's your first post, I think it'd be hard for you to not come out of nowhere. And there are a ton of good potential characters who wind up getting sent to be an Assist Trophy. It's just the fact only so many get in. I certainly want Bandanna Dee in, but if he is an Assist, I won't be upset majorly by it. It shows he got enough attention to be come an Assist at least, which is probably the most focus he can hope for outside of being playable.
I guess you're right in that case. I still think it'd be a waste of a perfect character, but that's just me.
I do want Bandana Dee in, but I think he might end up as a Meta-Knight but without the glide/flying. After all, he's a small character who relies on fast attacks and combos.
....Kirby's Return to Dreamland: Waddle Dee True Arena. look for it. unless you've actually played the game and seen footage of the spear power.
feel free to ask away mate, all of us will help ya out,
if you want to quote just press this little nifty reply button right here
View attachment 9363 <-
they can be found on the bottom right of each post
it will bring up what the person posted, along with putting it in a quote format, like what I did with yours above
Thank you very much! :) and I like you're little Wolf Link thing up there XD
Well, considering all the others fly, I'd be kind of surprised if Bandanna Dee doesn't wind up with multiple jumps. I could also see a parasol for a kind of glide as well. More like Melee's Parasol than a traditional glide though.
maybe as part of his side-B if used in midair? or maybe they could bring back the Parasol item from Melee? I can't play Brawl anymore so I don't remember if the Parasol was still in that game....2 years and it taunts me...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Thank you very much! :) and I like you're little Wolf Link thing up there XD
no problem mate, got any questions at all just ask, i'll help out,
and which the one in my avatar sitting by my side while I enjoy an cup of coffee, or the one in my sig which just looks plain awesome

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
There was no Parasol in Brawl, which is why I mentioned it from Melee. I think it'd work well if Bandanna Dee used a combo spear/parasol, since it'd hit the classic power for Waddle Dee's (Parasol) as well as Bandanna Dee's unique weapon (Spear), and they pair up well.

Top Bottom