• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Galacta Knight could be one of Meta Knight's alternates. Kind of like how Sailor Dee could be one for Bandana Dee. Kirby has Keeby, so who could Dedede use as an alt?
Eh, I don't really like the idea of completely different characters being costumes; I feel that it cheapens the default character, and makes their inclusion seem less special.

D

Deleted member

Wanna know something cool?
The title of the Kirby anime is "Kirby Right Back at Ya!"
Abbreviate the title and it's "KRBaY."
Say the abbreviated title and have your mind blown.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Wanna know something cool?
The title of the Kirby anime is "Kirby Right Back at Ya!"
Abbreviate the title and it's "KRBaY."
Say the abbreviated title and have your mind blown.
"I gotta clobber dat dere krrrbay!"- Dedede

LF2K

Floor Diver
It's in the realm of possibility, that's for sure!

If there's a 4-player adventure mode in Smash, and the Kirby Quartet are in...

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
I just accidentally started a Bananna debate war in the character discussion thread it must be seen to believe

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I support wholeheartedly.

While Kirby doesn't in essence "need" a newcomer, Bandana Dee's spear-using status brings something completely new to the table, and since a Kirby newcomer would bring in something new, he would be a great addition.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So I just came back from my local Gamestop after I preordered Triple Deluce, their system says that it's scheduled for release on May 2nd.
Get hyped!!??!?

Last edited:

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
So I just came back from my local Gamestop after I preordered Triple Deluce, their system says that it's scheduled for release on May 2nd.
Get hyped!!??!?
Must be taking so long because of all of that blood they'll have to censor.:smash:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, Little Mac made it! Now I guess Waddle Dee is my most wanted by default.

D

Deleted member

Was anyone happy seeing Bandana Dee yesterday in the Nintendo Direct? I'm glad to see what role he is playing in Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Groose

Smash Champion
Was anyone happy seeing Bandana Dee yesterday in the Nintendo Direct? I'm glad to see what role he is playing in Kirby Triple Deluxe.
I was thinking of you guys when he popped up. If the Kirby trailer had aired before the Smash one, I probably would have expected a reveal.

Interesting that he was referred to as "a very special Waddle Dee" instead of Bandana Dee. Would you guys say that is a good or bad thing?

LF2K

Floor Diver
That's a great thing! Just further proof Bandana Dee is more than your average Waddle Dee.

D

Deleted member

I was thinking of you guys when he popped up. If the Kirby trailer had aired before the Smash one, I probably would have expected a reveal.

Interesting that he was referred to as "a very special Waddle Dee" instead of Bandana Dee. Would you guys say that is a good or bad thing?
I wouldn't expect Bandana Dee to be revealed so soon. I think that we need Meta Knight first before they can reveal Bandana Dee.

I say it's a good thing. Bandana Dee doesn't really have an official name; he was simply called "Waddle Dee" in KRtDL. However, I find it a good thing as he has his own segment in the Kirby Triple Deluxe footage. It shows that Nintendo and HAL are paying attention to him. At this point, he might become a staple like Meta Knight and King Dedede.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I don't think the "special" moniker signifies anything more than his status in the game. Still, it's good to see the little guy sticking around.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Double Post blah blah XD
Well, I was thinking, What if Sakurai shows a picture of Dedede using a new side B? like the Hammer Toss?
Do you think that would affect Bandana Dee's chances?

And I also found this image :D XD

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Double Post blah blah XD
Well, I was thinking, What if Sakurai shows a picture of Dedede using a new side B? like the Hammer Toss?

And I also found this image :D XD

if sakurai is going to get rid of the waddle dee toss, a very signature move with a lot of sense to the king,
its definitely going to raise a lot of heads, though If it helps waddle dee is something I have no clue about, could just be something we may be overthinking into

D

Deleted member

Waddle Dees are a signature part of King Dedede; they are a major part of his character. People might not understand why Sakurai would do that.
So, if Waddle Dee Toss was removed in favor of another move, it raises Bandana Dee's chances.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
God, I really want Meta Knight revealed.
And two options are possible IMO:

1.We would be ready for a Bandana Dee reveal.

And the terrible option 2:
This:

with Bandana Dee as Dedede's projectile or an AT.

What do you think? What's more likely in your opinion? Do you think that, if Bandana Dee is not playable, Sakurai would wait until Meta Knight's reveal to reveal Bandana Dee's fate?

I personally think the option 1 is more likely, but well, I know some of you aren't that optimistic and I want to know your opinions.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that we will get Bandana Dee until Meta Knight is revealed. It wouldn't make sense to reveal Bandana Dee before Meta Knight. Besides, that will raise a lot of questions…

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
sorry to say, but'll we'll need the dreamland gang in full attendance before we'll get bandana dee revealed,
and even if meta knight Is confirmed, it won't increase or hurt his chances what so ever, it just means, he'll be confirmed

LF2K

Floor Diver
They could replace the Waddle Dee toss with the Giant Dedede Swing from Return to Dreamland. And maybe they could incorporate the Hammer Throw, too!

Top Bottom