• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So, today I started thinking about my statement earlier about Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee being heroes, and not having the same feeling anymore of fighting your rival, it's now a penguin on strings.

Then I got a volleyball to the crotch, which ended that quickly. But afterwards, I thought about it more.

Yes, we can truly consider Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee heroes now. But, I would still like to see a game where the face off against Kirby, instead of being best buddies all the time. What I mean by this is manipulation by the main antagonist. Not puppetry or possession, manipulation. Think Magolor (I'm assuming we don't need spoilers for RtDL anymore), who manipulated the heroes into doing his dirty work.

So, I propose that, in at least ONE game, the villain does something evil (let's say takes the food supply, or breaks the Star Rod). The villain, in it's normal form (once again, like Magolor and Marx) convinces Dedede that Kirby is behind the mayhem. Dedede is enraged by this betrayal, and sends out his army to stop Kirby at all costs (including Bandanna Dee, who has no quarrel with Kirby, but must fight him). Meta Knight, suspicious, watches carefully. The villain manipulates Kirby to try to protect the land by reclaiming whatever is needed. Eventually, Meta Knight, who is trying to collect the plot devices before this villain, is faced against Kirby. Meta Knight tries to convince Kirby, but the villain is too persuasive. Eventually, the two dual it out, and Meta Knight loses. He warns Kirby of this danger, and flies off. Then, a similar encounter with Dedede. Dedede has half of the plot devices, Kirby the other. Both being told by the villain that the other is doing damage, they duke it out. Dedede loses, and swears he'll make this right. Kirby flies off with the plot devices, only to be pursued by Dedede's army. Kirby makes it to the Fountain of Dreams and attempts to rebuild the plot device, only to find Masked Dedede, with Bandanna Dee in the background. They fight. Dedede loses again, and the game "ends", only for a new game to start. In this game, it starts with Meta Knight arriving AFTER Dedede's defeat to swoop in and take the plot device, and the villain shoots him down, takes the Dragon Ball Chaos Emeralds Sprixies of Power or whatever and power himself up. Then, the final world feels justified when Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee join your party.

I feel this works because they're fighting Kirby with their own will, not controlled. Dedede's attacking because of misinformation, Meta Knight to stop the villain, Bandanna Dee because it's his sole duty. Then, when the heroes find out Meta Knight has been right this entire time, they join forces. Thus, Masked Dedede is actually a symbol of vengeance against Kirby, it's not a facade, it's actually Dedede wanting to stop Kirby.

And writing this, I had another idea. The extra modes (A Dedede Mode with Bandanna Dee co-op, and a Meta Knight mode) actually describe their journey to find the plot devices, facing other bosses in the same locales, except the final worlds being respectively Mt. Dedede and the Halberd, facing off against Kirby. Then the three storylines merge into the final game.

Does anybody like this idea?
I like it.
Your reaction: Bandanna Dee becomes a new ZSS-like transformation for King Dedede.
:confused:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
So, today I started thinking about my statement earlier about Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee being heroes, and not having the same feeling anymore of fighting your rival, it's now a penguin on strings.

Then I got a volleyball to the crotch, which ended that quickly. But afterwards, I thought about it more.

Yes, we can truly consider Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee heroes now. But, I would still like to see a game where the face off against Kirby, instead of being best buddies all the time. What I mean by this is manipulation by the main antagonist. Not puppetry or possession, manipulation. Think Magolor (I'm assuming we don't need spoilers for RtDL anymore), who manipulated the heroes into doing his dirty work.

So, I propose that, in at least ONE game, the villain does something evil (let's say takes the food supply, or breaks the Star Rod). The villain, in it's normal form (once again, like Magolor and Marx) convinces Dedede that Kirby is behind the mayhem. Dedede is enraged by this betrayal, and sends out his army to stop Kirby at all costs (including Bandanna Dee, who has no quarrel with Kirby, but must fight him). Meta Knight, suspicious, watches carefully. The villain manipulates Kirby to try to protect the land by reclaiming whatever is needed. Eventually, Meta Knight, who is trying to collect the plot devices before this villain, is faced against Kirby. Meta Knight tries to convince Kirby, but the villain is too persuasive. Eventually, the two dual it out, and Meta Knight loses. He warns Kirby of this danger, and flies off. Then, a similar encounter with Dedede. Dedede has half of the plot devices, Kirby the other. Both being told by the villain that the other is doing damage, they duke it out. Dedede loses, and swears he'll make this right. Kirby flies off with the plot devices, only to be pursued by Dedede's army. Kirby makes it to the Fountain of Dreams and attempts to rebuild the plot device, only to find Masked Dedede, with Bandanna Dee in the background. They fight. Dedede loses again, and the game "ends", only for a new game to start. In this game, it starts with Meta Knight arriving AFTER Dedede's defeat to swoop in and take the plot device, and the villain shoots him down, takes the Dragon Ball Chaos Emeralds Sprixies of Power or whatever and power himself up. Then, the final world feels justified when Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee join your party.

I feel this works because they're fighting Kirby with their own will, not controlled. Dedede's attacking because of misinformation, Meta Knight to stop the villain, Bandanna Dee because it's his sole duty. Then, when the heroes find out Meta Knight has been right this entire time, they join forces. Thus, Masked Dedede is actually a symbol of vengeance against Kirby, it's not a facade, it's actually Dedede wanting to stop Kirby.

And writing this, I had another idea. The extra modes (A Dedede Mode with Bandanna Dee co-op, and a Meta Knight mode) actually describe their journey to find the plot devices, facing other bosses in the same locales, except the final worlds being respectively Mt. Dedede and the Halberd, facing off against Kirby. Then the three storylines merge into the final game.

I like it, we could defiantly use a game like this:laugh:
Your reaction: Bandanna Dee becomes a new ZSS-like transformation for King Dedede.
how does that work.png

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice

I love it! I've always been interested in a full-on battle against Kirby himself, and admittedly I do miss the heated rivalries between the characters at times. It would be neat to see them all push each other to their limits once again.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Mother Brain has been revealed as an AT. But who's next? :confused:

Not Bandana Dee, hopefully! :b:

LF2K

Floor Diver
If Bandana Dee does get confirmed, I hope the backlash isn't as bad as Lucario's. Don't get me wrong , a lot of people want Dee in, but he's not a certain psychic Pokémon.

But of course, I think Dee's in the same boat as Rosalina. Both of them are supporting characters who are dark horses in their series. Rosalina eclipses Dee though.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Speaking of spears, I wonder if Mega Man would get OHKO 'd by one... :smirk:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Every character will have some haters (who are usually not very smart people).

Ridley: Why Sakurai?! He is too big! he looks terrible!
K.Rool: Wat? He is old news, I want Dixie!
Dixie: Another clone? Thanks Sakurai!
Palutena: Sakurai! KI doesn't need more representation!
Chrom: Oh, another swordman with blue hair, so creative Sakurai.
Bandana Dee: Who's next? a Goomba with a bazooka?
Shulk: A character with only one appearance?! what's wrong with you, Sakurai?
Little Mac: The only thing that he can do is punch people...SAKURAAAAAAAI!
Etc.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939

Etc.
I don't think some of these are that bad of arguments, really. What you seem to be suggesting is that anyone who dislikes a character's inclusion is most likely stupid, which I disagree with.

I mean heck, I'd really love to see Waddle Dee become playable, but there are some arguments against him that hold some water. Namely the fact that adding a 4th Kirby character isn't really necessary, and as a result, probably wouldn't bring in any new fans who wouldn't already have bought the game anyway. In the same way, I think that some of the points you made above are actually logical arguments, if a bit biased.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Etc.
Captain Falcon: He can only drive a car! I thought this was Smash Bros., not GTA!
Mr. Game & Watch: He didn't originate from a video game, it was an overglorified calculator!
Sheik: She was only in one game! Next you'll have the Wind Fish playable!
Marth/Roy: They're not released in America! I don't want FOREIGNERS in my game!
Wario: Clone of Mario.
Luigi: Clone of Mario.
Peach: She never did anything besides play in her garden and make sandwiches! I want my MANLY game!
Zero Suit Samus: I don't like it when females are always portayed as bikini-clad goddesses! Where's my typical headstrong woman who fights for her beliefs?
Rosalina: Clone of Peach.

Life's a *****, isn't it? :troll:

LF2K

Floor Diver
What's next? PETA attacking Smash because you can beat up apes and a hedgehog?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
When I see that picture, I imagine ProtonJon saying "I'M READING A BOOOOOOK! ...While wearing full armor!"

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I would personally prefer Daroach as he could represent the DS games and he has alot of potential. I also think that the little guy is currently in the same boat Toad. The next most relevant character but with less moveset potential and a part of someone else's moveset. luckily for you guys we haven't actually seen the waddle dee toss. but I wouldn't actually appose him.

also bandana dee has always been referred to as waddle dee

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mother Brain has been revealed as an AT. But who's next? :confused:

Not Bandana Dee, hopefully! :b:
Think of the bright side: if we get a Kirby AT, and it isn't Bandana Dee, we've probably dodged the largest bullet. I'm thinking a Kracko AT is in line. Swooping down at the stage and shooting lightning bolts below.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Think of the bright side: if we get a Kirby AT, and it isn't Bandana Dee, we've probably dodged the largest bullet. I'm thinking a Kracko AT is in line. Swooping down at the stage and shooting lightning bolts below.
I would love Kracko, he is my favorite Kirby boss.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I think Adeleine would make an interesting AT. She could paint various monsters that could fight at your side.

But Knuckle Joe probably would return instead. :p

D

Deleted member

I think that Magolor would be a pretty cool Assist Trophy. I could imagine him being summoned and throwing out electrical ball attacks. However, I prefer if Knuckle Joe remained.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think that Magolor would be a pretty cool Assist Trophy. I could imagine him being summoned and throwing out electrical ball attacks. However, I prefer if Knuckle Joe remained.
For some reason I think Magolor will be an AT.
He appears in all the games after his first appearance.

D

Deleted member

For some reason I think Magolor will be an AT.
He appears in all the games after his first appearance.
Wait…
Is he in Kirby Triple Deluxe?

While I do think that it would be cool if he is an Assist Trophy, I don't like the character. He kinda irks me.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Magolor strikes me as a trophy at best. Still like Kracko's chances, or LoLo and LaLa. Galacta Knight I see as boss material, if Sakurai chooses to implement bosses from series again.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
I would personally like Galacta Knight as an AT; he could rain those energy beams down on the stage, where they will then begin bouncing around. Adeleine, Kracko, and Magolor are definitely the next best options to me, though.

and Bandana Dee if he isn't playable :teeth:

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Magolor strikes me as a trophy at best. Still like Kracko's chances, or LoLo and LaLa. Galacta Knight I see as boss material, if Sakurai chooses to implement bosses from series again.
I think Galacta Knight's best role would be as a boss, personally. I think I'd really enjoy that.
This is what I'd prefer myself, but I'm not sure if bosses will be back this time.

LF2K

Floor Diver
According the analysis over on the Japanese character requests thread, Waddle Dee is the most requested Kirby character. The person behind him is... Gooey. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I think Galacta Knight's best role would be as a boss, personally. I think I'd really enjoy that.
I would love it if Galacta Knight was a boss! That would be so freaking awesome! It would be cool to fight him while his theme is playing.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Galacta Knight could be one of Meta Knight's alternates. Kind of like how Sailor Dee could be one for Bandana Dee. Kirby has Keeby, so who could Dedede use as an alt?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've got it! Link has a scarf in Hyrule Warriors, Sonic has one in Sonic Boom. So...

Top Bottom