• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
to the guy on miiverse said that, metaknight is too important and a fan favorite in the Kirby series (I believe he is number one in popularity out of the entire franchise) he is not going to get cut for a character who only came to be important in recent years, (sorry, its true)
so that basically guarantees that Kirby will get three slots, but I'll say its likely we'll get four and there's only 1 character who fits that spot:awesome:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Yes, the only spot should be taken by King Dedede's most trusted second in command!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Happy belated birthday. And yeah, Meta Knight being cut and replaced with anyone at all is immensely implausible. I can't really fathom what would cause him to be cut at all. I personally think Kirby could have four or more, since it's a really popular series with unique characters (no one fights with anything remotely resembling a spear currently either), but I'm not necessarily expecting to see Bandana Dee, just hoping for it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since King Dedede is no longer the focus of the daily pics, maybe the extreme weeks have ended. We didn't get a lot of new info on Dedede, really. :/

Belated Happy Birthday, Chandelure!

D

Deleted member

Since King Dedede is no longer the focus of the daily pics, maybe the extreme weeks have ended. We didn't get a lot of new info on Dedede, really. :/
The only information we've seen in the Pics of the Day regarding King Dedede are his side smash returning and the fact that Sakurai ships him and Zelda. Other than that… nothing.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Belated Happy Birthday, Chandelure!
I think you are right, probably this will be the final extreme week.

And thank you! :D

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
@ _fiercedeity _fiercedeity , @ Luigi#1 Luigi#1
Here is the Bandana Dee thread guys :D , you can vote in the poll if you want to appear as a supporter, if you want to know who are the other supporters, click the number of votes :)
And well... thanks!

Double post.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I can see it now...
Sakurai said:
[IMAGE REDACTED]
Pic of the day. When Bandana Waddle Dee joins the battle, King Dedede throws Escargoon instead.
Escargoon: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH ME SIRE?!"

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well, at this point, I think is obvious that Sakurai will not post Dedede pics in a looong time XD
Now, our enemies are not Dedede and his Waddle Dee Toss.
Our real enemies are ATs and the possibility of a hazard in the Kirby stage! (the last one is pretty unlikely IMO XD) .

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Something that occurred to me is that while the spear seems to make up the entirety of this specific character, Waddle Dee in and of itself is fairly popular. Would you all be okay with Bandana Dee even if he didn't use his spear much, if at all?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Something that occurred to me is that while the spear seems to make up the entirety of this specific character, Waddle Dee in and of itself is fairly popular. Would you all be okay with Bandana Dee even if he didn't use his spear much, if at all?
well I would like it if he used the spear, if he had a moveset that didn't use it at all, I need to see and play it in order to be accurate how I would like it or not

D

Deleted member

Nintendo needs to make more worldwide releases, mostly because I hate to see spoilers (I will consider Smash an exception because I want to know the whole roster). I have to wait for god knows how long for Kirby Triple Deluxe and I will know things like the story and secrets prior to release. :(

Now, our enemies are not Dedede and his Waddle Dee Toss.
Our real enemies are ATs and the possibility of a hazard in the Kirby stage! (the last one is pretty unlikely IMO XD) .
Bandana Dee being a stage hazard is highly unlikely to me. I think that he has to go through the hurdles of being a possible Assist Trophy or being a part of Waddle Dee Toss.
If he's playable in SSB4, he's in the clear.
If he's an Assist Trophy, there will be hope for him in the next one.
If he's a part of Waddle Dee Toss, it's all over for him being playable in Smash.

Would you all be okay with Bandana Dee even if he didn't use his spear much, if at all?
I will probably be disappointed if he didn't use his spear too much. I'm fine as long as he's playable.
Though, I am 100% certain that he will use his spear if he is playable, mostly because it's a part of his character and it wouldn't make sense to not have him use his spear too much when Meta Knight and King Dedede use their sword and hammer a lot respectively.

So in other words; Kirby series is potentially doing a better job of representing FE fairly than FE itself. Interesting.
That's because all of the prime Smash candidates in Fire Emblem are lords… and they all use swords.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there are quite a few Lords who use weapons that aren't swords (or who can at least, most of the ones that can also can use swords). Ephraim for lances and Hector for axes are the classics, but there are others who can use weapons besides swords. They just aren't too likely to be in, or can still use swords anyways.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, DS games are coming to the Wii U's Virtual Console...

Does this mean that Super Star Ultra can be considered a console game?

And that Masked Dedede's Ring can still be a stage?

AND MOAH IMPORTANCE FOR WADDLE DEE?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No, it doesn't really count as a console game.

Though if there was a Masked Dedede Boss Battle, maybe the potential "Punch-out" stage could have the electric fences that were attached on top of Dedede's arena.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
No, it doesn't really count as a console game.

Though if there was a Masked Dedede Boss Battle, maybe the potential "Punch-out" stage could have the electric fences that were attached on top of Dedede's arena.
I know, it was my horribly sad attempt to try to get Mt. Dedede as a stage on the Wii U, as I'm likely not getting a 3DS. At least I have Wily's Castle, Windy Hill, Mario Galaxy and Skyloft to keep me entertained.

Also, a bit off-topic, but I think it's best I put it here.

[collapse="Spoilers for Kirby Triple Deluxe"]
Masked Dedede is back in the game. Now, I haven't played it, but does anybody else (who has seen the footage) feel a bit... ripped off? Masked Dedede represents the vengeance he had for Kirby, and the desire to finally end a long rivalry. To have this symbol of Dedede's villainous side used as a facade by a villain who isn't even really a villain seems wrong. What's the point of Masked Dedede, the embodiment of Dedede's hate for Kirby, just being another costume for super fun time Good Dedede? I can deal with him in some less antagonistic roles, but come on! We need a Kirby game where Kirby actually fights Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee again! Then in the hard mode, replace Dedede with Masked Dedede, except stronger! Heck, I wouldn't even mind Dark Matter fusing with Dedede for a Dedede Soul or something! But to see Masked Dedede be beat so easily, and trade in his mask and hammer for a battle axe (which, if the hammer TRANSFORMED into a battle axe for some attacks, would be freaking amazing) but I just miss Kirby vs. Dedede, when it kind of WAS "I want to clobber dat dere Kirbeh". Now, Dedede, MK and Bandanna Dee are heroes. It doesn't feel right to me. Anybody else feel this way?
[/collapse]

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I know, it was my horribly sad attempt to try to get Mt. Dedede as a stage on the Wii U, as I'm likely not getting a 3DS. At least I have Wily's Castle, Windy Hill, Mario Galaxy and Skyloft to keep me entertained.

Also, a bit off-topic, but I think it's best I put it here.

[collapse="Spoilers for Kirby Triple Deluxe"]
Masked Dedede is back in the game. Now, I haven't played it, but does anybody else (who has seen the footage) feel a bit... ripped off? Masked Dedede represents the vengeance he had for Kirby, and the desire to finally end a long rivalry. To have this symbol of Dedede's villainous side used as a facade by a villain who isn't even really a villain seems wrong. What's the point of Masked Dedede, the embodiment of Dedede's hate for Kirby, just being another costume for super fun time Good Dedede? I can deal with him in some less antagonistic roles, but come on! We need a Kirby game where Kirby actually fights Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee again! Then in the hard mode, replace Dedede with Masked Dedede, except stronger! Heck, I wouldn't even mind Dark Matter fusing with Dedede for a Dedede Soul or something! But to see Masked Dedede be beat so easily, and trade in his mask and hammer for a battle axe (which, if the hammer TRANSFORMED into a battle axe for some attacks, would be freaking amazing) but I just miss Kirby vs. Dedede, when it kind of WAS "I want to clobber dat dere Kirbeh". Now, Dedede, MK and Bandanna Dee are heroes. It doesn't feel right to me. Anybody else feel this way?
[/collapse]
I think Meta Knight, Dedede and Bandana Dee are anti-heroes.
Even in the intro of Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Dedede and Bandana Dee are "fighting" with Kirby for a cake (probably they stole the cake) XD

I'm sure they will have some antagonistic roles in the future.

Reznor

work in progress
I think Meta Knight, Dedede and Bandana Dee are anti-heroes.
Even in the intro of Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Dedede and Bandana Dee are "fighting" with Kirby for a cake (probably they stole the cake) XD

I'm sure they will have some antagonistic roles in the future.
Kirby kills innocent creatures so I assume hes also an anti hero

LF2K

Floor Diver
Bandana Dee probably has nothing against Kirby. He's loyal to Dedede, so when Kirby and Dedede cross swords, he just sides with Dedede. Triple Deluxe proves he's willing to aid his King's nemesis.

But then again, Bandana Dee had no motives at all at first! :p

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Maybe Bandana Dee has nothing against Kirby but he is always loyal to his king (who is the antagonist sometimes) so he is still an anti-hero IMO.
I was reading the dialogue of the Revenge of the King in Kirby Super Star Ultra , it's funny XD

Bandana Waddle Dee: "Great King, Kabula has been defeated! What should we do?"

King Dedede: "You mean Kirby is coming here now?!"

Waddle Dee: "Relax, Great King! You must stay calm!"

Dedede: "R-right...Well...Here's what we do! Kirby will be OURS!"

(Reach Mr. Tick Tock)

Dedede: "First, test him...Go, my servants!"

(Defeat Mr. Tick Tock)

Waddle Dee: "Ah, Great King! He had an easy time!"

Dedede: "Argh! We'll see how he likes the next!"

(Defeat Grand Wheelie)

Dedede: "Unthinkable! He beat that one, too?!"

Waddle Dee: "Kirby's approaching here, Your Majesty!"

Dedede: "Cursed pink lump! I can't believe it!"

Waddle Dee: "Great King, pull yourself together!"

(Reach Phan Phan)

Dedede: "Third one's the charm! Get him, Phan Phan!"

Waddle Dee: "Fight!"

(Defeat Phan Phan)

Waddle Dee: "Great King, he beat Phan Phan, too!"

Dedede: "Grr! All right, call the cavalry!"

Waddle Dee: "Yes, Your Highness!"

(Reach Fire Lions)

Dedede: "Enough, Kirby! Face Twin Fire Lions!"

Waddle Dee: "Go get him!"

(Defeat Fire Lions)

Waddle Dee: "Oh no! He beat everyone we have!"

Dedede: "Ack! Can't anyone beat that guy?!"

(Enter door)

Waddle Dee: "Great King! Kirby made it here! W-what do we do?!"

Dedede: (...We're done for...Only one option...)

Dedede: "...O-Ok then. I guess it's your turn."

Waddle Dee: "B-but, Great King, I can't do it alone!"

Dedede: "...Fine, you can go. You've been spared."

Waddle Dee: "Don't go, King!"

Dedede: (...I'm sorry.)

Waddle Dee: "Great King!"

Dedede: (It's time for my secret weapon...)

Dedede: "Now you pay, Kirby!"

(Reach King Dedede)

Dedede: "You made it here... Now, arm yourself!"

Dedede: "Our grudge will be settled at last...Meet my powerful secret weapon...The brand-new Dedede Hammer!"

(Defeat Masked Dedede-End)

LF2K

Floor Diver
Wonder what his voice would sound like? Deeper than Meta Knight's? The funny New York accent Waddle Doo had? :laugh:

Top Bottom