• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

So this is the last day of extreme week.

I think we'll survive. we could get wario during the new week that's coming up i think.
I am thinking that will get another character this month. I just hope that we get something on the 21st.

Do you know what else is on the 21st besides Smash's 15th Anniversary in Japan? It's Wario Land's 20th Anniversary in Japan. I guess this could somewhat explain why we got Ashley confirmed as an Assist Trophy, but I hope to see Wario soon. I'm pretty hyped for him.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I am thinking that will get another character this month. I just hope that we get something on the 21st.

Do you know what else is on the 21st besides Smash's 15th Anniversary in Japan? It's Wario Land's 20th Anniversary in Japan. I guess this could somewhat explain why we got Ashley confirmed as an Assist Trophy, but I hope to see Wario soon. I'm pretty hyped for him.
Do you guys think we will have something cool for the Smash 15th Anniversary?
I'm slighty hyped.
I hope we will have Meta Knight.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think we will have something cool for the Smash 15th Anniversary?
I'm slighty hyped.
I hope we will have Meta Knight.
I dunno. I wish. Nintendo hasn't confirmed a Nintendo Direct, so that kinda worries me. Hell, I say that we should get a Smash Direct on the 21st! Give us more detail on SSB4! Give us a release date! Maybe introduce a newcomer as well as a couple of veterans via a trailer!

The sooner we get Meta Knight, the better it will be for Bandana Dee really. I just wanna see Meta Knight now since he is my second main. I got pretty hyped to play as him when I first saw this in 2006 and I wanted to play as him instantly:
It was also amazing to see Pit again after he was alluded with "Will Pit ever fight again?" in Melee and seeing Wario when he should have been playable since Smash 64.

Last edited by a moderator:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Perhaps on the 21st , they'll announce N64 games for the Wii U Virtual Console. And they'll sell Super Smash Bros as the first one for only $.15! :D

Or a newcomer would be nice...:smirk:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well no deconfirmation. Just Dedede and Zelda having googly eyes for each other.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, we got Dedede AND managed to survive. Not bad.

So, are we going to extend the Extreme Week or no?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Dedede and Zelda playing Waddle Dee toss, perhaps?

Oh, God, no... Mr. Sakurai may as well be Captain Sakurai, because he launched a ship today. :glare:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Dedede and Zelda playing Waddle Dee toss, perhaps?

Oh, God, no... Mr. Sakurai may as well be Captain Sakurai, because he launched a ship today. :glare:
So Sakurai ships Link/Peach, Dedede/Zelda, Fox/Rush and Marth's neck/Luigi's nose.

LF2K

Floor Diver
So, I've been pondering movesets about the characters I want in. I've completed Bandana Dee's. I tried incorporation everything possible from his appearances (and Kirby 64. :p). What does the fellow Bandana Brigade think?

Waddle Dee (AKA “Bandana Dee”)
Home series: Kirby (Debuted in Kirby Super Star)
Size: Small
Weight: Light

Stage entrance: Waddle Dee drops from air, breaking some stones that just happened to be below him.

Costumes:
- Brown body, blue bandana (Default look, blue team)
- Green body, yellow bandana (Green team)
- Purple body, red bandana (Red team)
- Black body, white bandana
- Blue body, brown bandana
- White body, dark gray bandana

Victory animations:
- Waddle Dee drops in from the air, holding a big red “1” above him.
- Waves both to his left and right, as if he’s waving to a crowd.
- Performs a Waddle Copter before sticking his spear into the ground.

Losing animation: Waddle Dee lays on his side, looking like he fainted. His spear is broken into two pieces, with the tip half stuck in the ground.

Idle animations:
- Waddle Dee scopes out the surrounding area.
- Waddle Dee sits down for a brief second, and stands back up.

Taunts:
- Waddle Dee holds up a Crystal Shard, which shines brightly. The collection chime plays from Kirby 64.
- Waddle Dee twirls his bandana on the top of his spear, then puts it back on.
- Waddle Dee does a short victory dance like Kirby’s. At the end, his bandana falls and obscures his eyes, which he fixes.

B: Spear Throw
- Waddle Dee tosses a spear. Pressing B rapidly will make him toss spears at a fast pace. Holding B will let him charge up to throw multiple spears at once.

Up B: Waddle Copter
- Waddle Dee spins his spear like a helicopter blade to fly for a short time. Charging this move makes the flight last longer, but getting hit will make him stop.

Side B: Spear Thrust
- Waddle Dee does a hard jab with his spear. If the opposite direction on the control stick and B are pressed, Waddle Dee will then jab behind him.

Down B: Parasol Guard
- Waddle Dee hides behind a parasol to protect him from attacks. However, he only covers his front side. Any attack from behind won’t be guarded.

Up A: Sky Stab
- Waddle Dee thrusts his spear skywards.

Neutral A: Speed Stab
- Waddle Dee stabs with spear. Holding A will make him do several stabs in a row.

Side A: Multi Jab
- Waddle Dee swipes with his spear multiple times.

Down A: Megaton Punch
- Waddle Dee hops into the air and pounds the ground with incredible force. But this move is only really effective if it actually connects with the opponent.

Up Air: Rotor Spin
- Waddle Dee spins his spear above his head a few times. This attack will strike multiple times if it connects.

Front Air: Spear Strike
- Waddle Dee does an overhead strike with his spear. If the tip of the spear lands on the opponent, this attack with be a Meteor Smash.

Back Air: Flying Kick
- Waddle Dee thrusts his feet behind him, delivering a weak but fast kick.

Down Air: Moon Drop
- The same move from Return to Dream Land. Waddle Dee drops while spiraling downwards.

Up Tilt: Headbutt
Side Tilt: Roundhose Kick
Down Tilt: Slide Kick

Up Throw: Waddle Dee throws his opponent upwards, then stabs them with his spear.
Down Throw: Waddle Dee tosses his opponent to the ground, and then performs a weak Megaton Punch.
Front Throw: Waddle Dee kicks the person away from him.
Back Throw: Waddle Dee throws the person behind him, then he attacks them with the blunt end of his spear.
Pummel: Waddle Dee whacks the person with his spear.

Final Smash: Megaton Punch Ultra
- Waddle Dee jumps to the top of the screen, and begins to charge up power. During this time, the player will have to play a short round of Megaton Punch. The first round determines the moves strength. The player has to time the power bar so that it reaches full power. Next, to determine accuracy, the player has to time a pendulum so that it lines up with a cursor. Then, a marker appears, where the player can aim the attack wherever he or she desires. If the player did the two steps correctly, the punch will be accurate and devastatingly powerful. But if the player did a poor job, the attack may be weak or fall off target. To prevent stalling, if the player doesn’t do anything, the attack will be weak by default.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So, I've been pondering movesets about the characters I want in. I've completed Bandana Dee's. I tried incorporation everything possible from his appearances (and Kirby 64. :p). What does the fellow Bandana Brigade think?

Waddle Dee (AKA “Bandana Dee”)
Home series: Kirby (Debuted in Kirby Super Star)
Size: Small
Weight: Light

Stage entrance: Waddle Dee drops from air, breaking some stones that just happened to be below him.

Costumes:
- Brown body, blue bandana (Default look, blue team)
- Green body, yellow bandana (Green team)
- Purple body, red bandana (Red team)
- Black body, white bandana
- Blue body, brown bandana
- White body, dark gray bandana

Victory animations:
- Waddle Dee drops in from the air, holding a big red “1” above him.
- Waves both to his left and right, as if he’s waving to a crowd.
- Performs a Waddle Copter before sticking his spear into the ground.

Losing animation: Waddle Dee lays on his side, looking like he fainted. His spear is broken into two pieces, with the tip half stuck in the ground.

Idle animations:
- Waddle Dee scopes out the surrounding area.
- Waddle Dee sits down for a brief second, and stands back up.

Taunts:
- Waddle Dee holds up a Crystal Shard, which shines brightly. The collection chime plays from Kirby 64.
- Waddle Dee twirls his bandana on the top of his spear, then puts it back on.
- Waddle Dee does a short victory dance like Kirby’s. At the end, his bandana falls and obscures his eyes, which he fixes.

B: Spear Throw
- Waddle Dee tosses a spear. Pressing B rapidly will make him toss spears at a fast pace. Holding B will let him charge up to throw multiple spears at once.

Up B: Waddle Copter
- Waddle Dee spins his spear like a helicopter blade to fly for a short time. Charging this move makes the flight last longer, but getting hit will make him stop.

Side B: Spear Thrust
- Waddle Dee does a hard jab with his spear. If the opposite direction on the control stick and B are pressed, Waddle Dee will then jab behind him.

Down B: Parasol Guard
- Waddle Dee hides behind a parasol to protect him from attacks. However, he only covers his front side. Any attack from behind won’t be guarded.

Up A: Sky Stab
- Waddle Dee thrusts his spear skywards.

Neutral A: Speed Stab
- Waddle Dee stabs with spear. Holding A will make him do several stabs in a row.

Side A: Multi Jab
- Waddle Dee swipes with his spear multiple times.

Down A: Megaton Punch
- Waddle Dee hops into the air and pounds the ground with incredible force. But this move is only really effective if it actually connects with the opponent.

Up Air: Rotor Spin
- Waddle Dee spins his spear above his head a few times. This attack will strike multiple times if it connects.

Front Air: Spear Strike
- Waddle Dee does an overhead strike with his spear. If the tip of the spear lands on the opponent, this attack with be a Meteor Smash.

Back Air: Flying Kick
- Waddle Dee thrusts his feet behind him, delivering a weak but fast kick.

Down Air: Moon Drop
- The same move from Return to Dream Land. Waddle Dee drops while spiraling downwards.

Up Tilt: Headbutt
Side Tilt: Roundhose Kick
Down Tilt: Slide Kick

Up Throw: Waddle Dee throws his opponent upwards, then stabs them with his spear.
Down Throw: Waddle Dee tosses his opponent to the ground, and then performs a weak Megaton Punch.
Front Throw: Waddle Dee kicks the person away from him.
Back Throw: Waddle Dee throws the person behind him, then he attacks them with the blunt end of his spear.
Pummel: Waddle Dee whacks the person with his spear.

Final Smash: Megaton Punch Ultra
- Waddle Dee jumps to the top of the screen, and begins to charge up power. During this time, the player will have to play a short round of Megaton Punch. The first round determines the moves strength. The player has to time the power bar so that it reaches full power. Next, to determine accuracy, the player has to time a pendulum so that it lines up with a cursor. Then, a marker appears, where the player can aim the attack wherever he or she desires. If the player did the two steps correctly, the punch will be accurate and devastatingly powerful. But if the player did a poor job, the attack may be weak or fall off target. To prevent stalling, if the player doesn’t do anything, the attack will be weak by default.
:0
Pretty cool!
Thanks!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Let's just hope Bandana Dee doesn't get paired up with Jigglypuff or something. :p

Reznor

work in progress
I just took the first one I found on the internet,
but still you made it look more realistic:)

. . . I honestaly don't know, both?

Edit: also I've been working on my bandana dee, its still a work in progress but I would like some feedback
sssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo cute uuugghhhh

LF2K

Floor Diver
Tuesday is the big 15. But I doubt Bandana Dee would get revealed. But let's hope a release day will!

Reznor

work in progress
found this cool King Waddle Dee pic in the Kirby Wiki site and I love it hope it's from Triple Deluxe so it can be a costume

LF2K

Floor Diver
Been a bit quiet here. Tomorrow kicks off extreme week round 2! Wonder if we'll get any exciting news this week?

Top Bottom