• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
hey mates got a question for ya, if meta knight gets revealed this or next month and there is no sign of waddle dees anywhere, do you think this will make bandana dee likelier or less likelier,
just want to hear what the fellow bandana brigade has to say about it
He would be a lot more likely IMO.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
sorry to say this in the bandana dee thread, if anyone is expecting bandana waddle dee to be a shoe-in, your a bit crazy, sorry my fellow brigade but it is true
If it happens before the end of the month.

I expect a newcomer trailer in a small jan. direct.

oops wrong quote, yeah there aren't really that much shoe-in's this time around, and I know BWD isn't a shoe-in.

D

Deleted member

hey mates got a question for ya, if meta knight gets revealed this or next month and there is no sign of waddle dees anywhere, do you think this will make bandana dee likelier or less likelier,
Hmm…
Not sure. Maybe more likelier. We will inevitably see Waddle Dees soon; we just have to look out for the one with the bandana.
EDIT: Also, ouch. Sorry to the Ashley fans…

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well it isn't like Meta Knight wasn't going to be in the game in the first place, right?

D

Deleted member

I just read a leak that says that Ashley was supposed to be an Assist Trophy. This same leak says that Meta Knight will be revealed in the summer and that there won't be any new Kirby characters.
I hope that this isn't true…
So, we have to look at Meta Knight as well.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I just read a leak that says that Ashley was supposed to be an Assist Trophy. This same leak says that Meta Knight will be revealed in the summer and that there won't be any new Kirby characters.
I hope that this isn't true…
So, we have to look at Meta Knight as well.
Brawler...all the leaks are fake XD
Seriously, Ashley as an AT was very likely and predictable.
She is the most popular Wario Ware character who isn't Wario and a Wario newcomer is just extremely unlikely.

D

Deleted member

Brawler...all the leaks are fake XD
Seriously, Ashley as an AT was very likely and predictable.
She is the most popular Wario Ware character who isn't Wario and a Wario newcomer is just extremely unlikely.
Some leaks can be true. I heard that there was a leak pre-Brawl that said that Lucario would replace Mewtwo and the whole roster was leaked before the actual release date.
I don't believe any leaks until I see them, but you have to keep the realm of possibility open to see if they could actually happen. This leak also doesn't mention Shulk, Takamaru, and the leaker was confused which form of tripping was removed when he actually mentioned it.
Here is the full leak:
Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
No new Star Fox characters.
Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
Villager has a female costume.
Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
Mewtwo returns.
Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
No new Kirby characters.
Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
No changes made to the EarthBound series.
All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
Snake returns.
Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Some leaks can be true. I heard that there was a leak pre-Brawl that said that Lucario would replace Mewtwo and the whole roster was leaked before the actual release date.
I don't believe any leaks until I see them, but you have to keep the realm of possibility open to see if they could actually happen. This leak also doesn't mention Shulk, Takamaru, and the leaker was confused which form of tripping was removed when he actually mentioned it.
Here is the full leak:
Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Mewtwo returns.
No new Kirby characters.
Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
Snake returns.
Well, we only need to wait for Diddy+Dixie in February.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I agree with Chandelure, Ashley is literally the most popular WarioWare character (which is no surprise considering her design). I would have been completely surprised, maybe even devastated if she wasn't an Assist Trophy at the very least.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Doubt the leak just because the thing about lucario and mewtwo having different movesets. They already were though.

D

Deleted member

Well, we only need to wait for Diddy+Dixie in February.
I say that we wait for Meta Knight. Diddy Kong in February is inevitable. I'm unsure if Diddy would go solo or not however. I actually wouldn't mind a tag team as it could leave some room for K. Rool.

I agree with Chandelure, Ashley is literally the most popular WarioWare character (which is no surprise considering her design). I would have been completely surprised, maybe even devastated if she wasn't an Assist Trophy at the very least.
Ashley to me was Assist Trophy material. I would have been at least surprised if she wasn't an Assist Trophy at least (or was considered to be one) as she is apparently the most popular Wario character.

Doubt the leak just because the thing about lucario and mewtwo having different movesets. They already were though.
That's what makes this leak fishy to me. They were already different to begin with; the only similarity is their neutral special.
What is also weird is that this leak doesn't mention Takamaru, the most popular retro, and surprisingly Shulk. I definitely think that Shulk will at least be in SSB4 in some form after seeing this:

This doesn't prove that Shulk is in the game, but it shows that Sakurai acknowledges Xenoblade. He was definitely considered…

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Weird things:

-Diddy+Dixie.
-No Shulk or Takamaru.
-Ganondorf using a sword for his down special.
-4 Third parties.
-No cuts.
-Ridley+K.Rool+Palutena ,sadly I think this sounds so perfect.
Is like the dream of a SmashBoards user, suspicious.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here is the full leak:
Mewtwo returns.
No new Kirby characters.
Snake returns.
As others have pointed out, this leak is so fanservice-y, that too from a Western perspective, I find it hard to believe it. Sure, I'd love to see it being true though.

D

Deleted member

As others have pointed out, this leak is so fanservice-y, that too from a Western perspective, I find it hard to believe it. Sure, I'd love to see it being true though.
It has some plausible things, but I find other things hard to believe and they didn't mention other key things.
-Takamaru is not mentioned even once, and he is considered the most likely retro rep.
-Shulk is also not mentioned once, despite being one of Japan's most wanted characters and Sakurai posting a pic of Shulk's sword, the Monado, on his Twitter.
-Doubt Waluigi was considered.
-Doubt that we are going to get Ridley and Palutena. K. Rool is still possible to me.
-I think Wario's default outfit will be his WarioWare one as the concept shows him wearing it. His overalls will definitely return, however.
-Making Ganondorf's down special his sword seems odd.
-He mentions that Mewtwo and Lucario have different movesets when they had different movesets to begin with.
-Sorry Tingle fans, but he doesn't seem like a likely newcomer to me.
-Isn't it odd that one of the WFT's attacks are different from the two genders?
-It doesn't mention other things that people want, like Mario getting a Dr. Mario alt. or Luigi using his Poltergust.
-No mention of Miis.
-There should have been at least one mention of Roy…
-The leaker is confused about the tripping aspect.
-No cuts happen. This is the fishiest one to me. Sakurai even apologized prior to the people who liked certain characters, meaning that he can't bring every single one back. Cuts are going to happen.

LF2K

Floor Diver
You can't believe all the leaks you see. Some have said Ashley was playable. Some have said King K. Rool is a boss. And like @Brawler610 said, Mr. Sakurai has already said some characters are getting the boot.

And speaking of Ashley, it's kind of sad she didn't make it. But some people really got hit hard, just read the comments on the pic of the day.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Please Waddle Dee, make it into the game.

I feel like I'm being trolled, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jigglypuff and some other character I liked were cut and no newcomer appealed to me, just like during the transition from Melee to Brawl. *shot*

Anyway, the rumors are kind of hard to believe to be honest. But it's probably because I don't really care about them.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I think Jigglypuff's safe. She's been around since Smash 64, so seniority might keep her in. :p

And I hope she stays and Bandana Dee makes it. It might be fun to pop a balloon with a sharp, pointy stick. :smirk:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I give it until the end of the week as far as seeing any moveset-related Waddle Dees anytime soon. If not shown, expect Sakurai to not show anything on the subject for a while (much like Zelda/the Phantom/whether or not Sheik exists).

D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm being trolled, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jigglypuff and some other character I liked were cut
Jigglypuff to me is the most likely character from the original 12 that would get cut. With that being said, I can't see her get cut since she has been in the Smash series for so long.

I give it until the end of the week as far as seeing any moveset-related Waddle Dees anytime soon. If not shown, expect Sakurai to not show anything on the subject for a while (much like Zelda/the Phantom/whether or not Sheik exists).
I'm hoping to hear about the Phantom soon. I'm thinking that she is an Assist Trophy to be honest.
On the topic of Waddle Dees, if Waddle Dee Toss is shown to be a move from King Dedede, this doesn't disconfirm Bandana Dee. I also find that we will eventually see King Dedede use Waddle Dees as they are a part of his character (he often uses them and they are his key minions). The only way I see Bandana Dee get disconfirmed is if he was shown as an Assist Trophy or if he is a part of Waddle Dee Toss. Seeing a Waddle Dee doesn't disconfirm him.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I feel like I'm being trolled, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jigglypuff and some other character I liked were cut and no newcomer appealed to me, just like during the transition from Melee to Brawl. *shot*
I know the feeling, but it's unlikely to be intentional. Thus far I haven't had a character reveal that's made me excited for SSB4 either, but we just gotta sit tight. Puff isn't going anywhere, Yoshi isn't going anywhere...it's just the question of is there any new exciting newcomers for us?

Maybe someone with a bandana?

Also yes, sorry to apply the old Toad logic from pre-Rosalina reveal but; until we see the Dee with the bandana he isn't quite out yet.

Reznor

work in progress
I think Jigglypuff and Ness are the two most likely of the 64 crew to leave. They seem to be the least iconic of the group IMO.
well Earthbound was recently put on the WiiU virtual console so Sakurai probably knows there are still a good number of Earthbound fans

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I think Jigglypuff and Ness are the two most likely of the 64 crew to leave. They seem to be the least iconic of the group IMO.
I don't think ANYONE of the 64 crew is likely to leave^^. They are a part of Smash history. It would not feel the same with some of the 12 pioneer smashers missing.

LF2K

Floor Diver
If Ness got cut, things would get ugly. Like, open the gates of Hell ugly. EarthBound fans are known to be passionate.

He's also my main, so I'd be very upset. :p

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
My opinion is strange with Jigglypuff. I don't want her to leave, yet if she wasn't a smash 64 veteran then I would hate her... She is my least pokemon in brawl, yet I despise the thought of her leaving... I just don't know anymore.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Dedede was planned to be in Smash 64 and Melee. Such a shame he didn't step in until Brawl. But now, let's hope his second in command steps in. Because if Palutena is in, it'd be suiting to have her's and Dedede's servants in the ring.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
My opinion is strange with Jigglypuff. I don't want her to leave, yet if she wasn't a smash 64 veteran then I would hate her... She is my least pokemon in brawl, yet I despise the thought of her leaving... I just don't know anymore.
One of those complex ones, eh? If I wasn't such a fan of Meowth, I'd probably quite like Puff, but it does feel like she may have taken his best chance to get onto the roster. I actually loved her a lot in Melee, and was even glad she returned in Brawl but...well I want to play as DIFFERENT Pokemon now.
Hoping DLC characters miraculously occur so I can experience that with any luck.

Oh, and

EXTREME WEEK 4/5 DAYS COMPLETE.

Nearly over.

Expecting this to be drawn out a bit longer yet.

(Our Captain also sends his support for the Dee btw. Secretly though. Shush.)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Logically, when would Meta Knight be revealed? The American release of Triple Deluxe?

I figure the sooner we get him the sooner we'll know.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Logically, when would Meta Knight be revealed? The American release of Triple Deluxe?

I figure the sooner we get him the sooner we'll know.
I wouldn't be surprised if he actually ends up unlockable this time. I mean, if it's true that Luigi, Marth and Tink has made it to the starting roster, there's gotta be some starters in Brawl that's going to end up as unlockables, and at this point in time it seems logical to make Meta Knight an unlockable since he doesn't appear in Triple Deluxe. Ergo, I don't expect to see him for quite some time.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I don't think no one's been revealed on a non-Japanese release date. The only exceptions would be Marth, Peach, and Sonic. The first two were random, while Sonic was announced early to celebrate Sonic Lost World.

Perhaps there won't be unlockable characters this time around? Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had all its characters ready to go from the start. Except the ones hidden as "DLC". :p

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So this is the last day of extreme week.

I think we'll survive. we could get wario during the new week that's coming up i think.

Top Bottom