• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

LF2K

Floor Diver
I believe they're first party now. They made a bunch of games on other systems way back in the day.

And did you know "HAL" came from being one step ahead of "IBM"? :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hal is first party but they still own Kirby rather than Nintendo which is why Kirby's Adventure never appears in those old NES remix games like Nintendo land or that other one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is probably nothing, but it gets me hyped for bandanna dee. and IF metaknight is somehow revealed before the end of this month and there's a supposed thing coming up near the end of the month, well i'm gonna be hyped. Again its probably nothing, Just thought i'd say something.

http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...vent-for-end-of-january.345789/#post-16196888
I'm not gonna get myself hyped for that as I know that I could be disappointed in the end.

As I mentioned before, 3 character reveals from the same franchise is a longshot. It can happen, but it's a definite longshot.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't see what you guys are getting all worked up about. It's going to be fine, King Dedede will probably return with the minion throw, but I highly doubt Bandanna Dee will be one of those minions.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'm only exaggerating. :p

A recent "leak" stated that Waddle Dee is indeed in, and King Dedede's Side B has been changed. But I find it hard to believe, because apparently Waddle Dee only wears a bandana as a alternate costume. His default look is just a normal Waddle Dee.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The next week (tomorrow) will probably have a lot of Dedede pics and his attacks including the Waddle Dee Toss (there is a small possibility that Bandana Dee can be a projectile).
Oh yeah... I'm not going to worry about that too much though because bandanna dee was emphasized recently as a separate character from waddle dees. The only thing about that confuses me though is the fact that they made bandanna dee and Dedede kill waddle dees in return to dreamland.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Parasol Waddle Dee could beat up other Waddle Dees in Super Star. Perhaps the Waddle Dee's you beat up in Return to Dreamland aren't loyal to Dedede?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
All right, it's a bit late, but I like this idea. I'll throw my hat in on this guy too. Supporting Celda/Tetra, Krystal, and K.Rool and/or Dixie Kong too.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
You're welcome Chandelure. I think we don't have to worry about the Waddle Dee Throw unless we see a spear user in the mix. Unlike Toad, he's set himself apart.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Since all the new characters are getting trailers, what do you all think Bandana Dee's would be like?

D

Deleted member

Since all the new characters are getting trailers, what do you all think Bandana Dee's would be like?
Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are all going out on an adventure in the usual green, grassy areas in Dream Land. During this time, the Cookie Country theme plays.
Then all of a sudden, the music stops and Bowser comes out of nowhere and starts to attack our trio. During this time, the Bowser battle theme from Super Mario Galaxy 2 plays. Kirby gets knocked out by Bowser and he easily defeats Meta Knight and King Dedede. Then he walks over to a helpless and frightened Kirby.
As Bowser walks up to Kirby, the music suddenly fades away. What happens after is a sharp spear coming out of nowhere and blinds Bowser. Angry, Bowser looks all around and is then hit in the head by a figure wielding a spear. Bowser topples over and Kirby looks up to see who helped him, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.
Kirby then sees Bandana Dee and he suddenly poses with the phrase, "Bandana Dee Has Come to Serve!" When this happens, the Kirby's Return to Dream Land title screen theme plays. We see gameplay of Bandana Dee using all sorts of moves that he has from KRtDL; one part has Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee all in midair and Bandana Dee could only do one jump (Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede go above the screen while Bandana Dee is below the screen), but he comes back up with his Spear Copter.
The trailer ends with the usual "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / Nintendo 3DS" logo coming up. After the logo fades away, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee all walk away with Bowser's head stuck in the ground and having trouble getting it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are all going out on an adventure in the usual green, grassy areas in Dream Land. During this time, the Cookie Country theme plays.
Then all of a sudden, the music stops and Bowser comes out of nowhere and starts to attack our trio. During this time, the the Bowser battle theme from Super Mario Galaxy 2 plays. Kirby gets knocked out by Bowser and he easily defeats Meta Knight and King Dedede. Then he walks over to a helpless and frightened Kirby.
As Bowser walks up to Kirby, the music suddenly fades away. What happens after is a sharp spear coming out of nowhere and blinds Bowser. Angry, Bowser looks all around and is then hit in the head by the spear. Bowser topples over and Kirby looks up to see who helped him, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.
Kirby then sees Bandana Dee and he suddenly poses with the phrase, "Bandana Dee Has Come to Serve!" When this happens, the Kirby's Return to Dream Land title screen theme plays. We see gameplay of Bandana Dee using all sorts of moves that he has from KRtDL; one part has Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee all in midair and Bandana Dee could only do one jump (Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede go above the screen while Bandana Dee is below the screen), but he comes back up with his Spear Copter.
The trailer ends with the usual "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / Nintendo 3DS" logo coming up. After the logo fading away, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee all walk away with Bowser's head stuck in the ground and having trouble getting it out.
I like it, but I think Kirby's position should be replaced by king dedede, I mean he is loyal to the king :estatic:
I think it'll make more sense and will be a better comedy point to have bandana dee come to dedede's aid

D

Deleted member

I like it, but I think Kirby's position should be replaced by king dedede, I mean he is loyal to the king :estatic:
I think it'll make more sense and will be a better comedy point to have bandana dee come to dedede's aid
I gave that role to Kirby since he is the main character and hero, so I felt as though that role for him would be fitting.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I dunno. Probably the former.
Also, since Toad and Dee are joining forces, there is someone else I would like to have join here. P.S. Balloons.
Balloon Fighter? Tingle? Alice?

So far so good. Monday and no Waddle Dee Toss. Just King Dedede smashing Marth and Toon Link up on Pyrosphere.

EXTREME WEEK 1/5 DAYS COMPLETE.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Confirmed, Meta Knight only appears in Kirby Triple Deluxe as one of Stone Kirby's transformations, where he turns into a statue of Bandana Dee, King Dedede, and Meta Knight.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Confirmed, Meta Knight only appears in Kirby Triple Deluxe as one of Stone Kirby's transformations, where he turns into a statue of Bandana Dee, King Dedede, and Meta Knight.
Not too surprising, I think they would've shown him before release if he did appear. It's nice that they're not forcing him into every Kirby game just because he's kinda been established as part of the "main trio".

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Not too surprising, I think they would've shown him before release if he did appear. It's nice that they're not forcing him into every Kirby game just because he's kinda been established as part of the "main trio quartet".
Fixed.
Also, it's pretty funny that Meta Knight doesn't appear in the game, but
[collapse=ULTRA SPOILER] Dark Meta Knight is in the game with a very important role.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hopefully someone will explain how this picture factors into the game:

Still waiting.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
He also appears as a balloon from Circus Kirby, and there is an alternate color that looks like him in Kirby Fighters.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hopefully someone will explain how this picture factors into the game:

Still waiting.
Oh, hi! :) You are not dead XD
We will need to wait a little more.
He also appears as a balloon from Circus Kirby, and there is an alternate color that looks like him in Kirby Fighters.
Thank you!
I didn't know that about the balloons.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not too surprising, I think they would've shown him before release if he did appear. It's nice that they're not forcing him into every Kirby game just because he's kinda been established as part of the "main trio".
Well, he's been in every Kirby game for the past 12 years, so it's a bit odd he's not in it.

I guess Meta Knight could end up a unlockable in Smash 4 then, wouldn't feel weird either since Meta Knight most often only plays a role in the latter part of Kirby games.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here's a little something I whipped up, nothing big. On second though the picture is actually huge.

My Waddle Dee.jpg

Just to show my support to Waddle Dee, and to celebrate him finally making my roster!
And forgot the blush. :ohwell:

Top Bottom