• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Morbi

Scavenger
What is everyone expecting? Dedede throwing Waddle Dee has nothing to do with Bandanna Dee's chances (unless he actually throws Bandanna Dee).

Morbi

Scavenger
that was we were trying to see, see if he threw bandana dee or a regular waddle dee
Even if he DID throw Bandanna Dee; I doubt we would get a picture of him throwing Bandanna Dee, we would most likely only see the generic Waddle Dee being thrown. So it wouldn't really confirm anything.

D

Deleted member

Bandanna Dee could be confirmed this month, or maybe we'll have to wait for months till Dee's confirmation.
If Metaknight gets revealed next month, I think it's a good sign.
In order for Bandana Dee to get confirmed, we definitely need Meta Knight. He has to be a part of his trailer. So, three characters getting confirmed in a month? All from the same franchise no less? That's a bit of a longshot if you ask me.

Thanks!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Brawler makes a good point. If we're getting Bandanna Dee, we have to get Meta Knight confirmed first. However, based on that rumor, the one that said Dedede was going to be revealed today, Diddy Kong is due for next month first, so there's a very good chance that, in an absolute best case scenario, we won't even get Bandanna Dee until mid-April.

Also, I'm just gonna say Waddle Dee from now on if no other Dees are involved. It's easier and his official name, anyway. Something about saying Bandanna makes me feel like I'm spelling it wrong each and every time.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
now that he actually has a unique name it seems good for his chances.

alright, probably not that much

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I guess someone at Nintendo thought the fans gave him a suiting name. :p

But where is he in Triple Deluxe's opening? :glare:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Now his official name is Bandana Waddle Dee :D
Now haters can't say "but he is a generic enemy, his name is Waddle Dee for a reason!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now his official name is Bandana Waddle Dee :D
Now haters can't say "but he is a generic enemy,his name is Waddle Dee for a reason!"
Detractors still think that he could be a part of Waddle Dee Toss and they still find him as a mook. I saw someone on Miiverse say that if Bandana Dee was added, then Sakurai might as well add a Goomba. I recognize Bandana Dee as his own character, but it's sad that people still think these things.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Having an official recognized name in Japan is something Toad never has, and will likely never will. For a character who is criticized for being "just a Waddle Dee with a spear", having an official, unique name is a big deal... for the character.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Detractors still think that he could be a part of Waddle Dee Toss and they still find him as a mook. I saw someone on Miiverse say that if Bandana Dee was added, then Sakurai might as well add a Goomba. I recognize Bandana Dee as his own character, but it's sad that people still think these things.
Yeah, but that's the same people who think Ridley is too big and Geno, Banjo and Krystal are likely.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel like BWD getting a "name" doesn't mean too much.
It's just the enemy type with the word bandana slapped in front of it.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Yeah, but that's the same people who think Ridley is too big and Geno, Banjo and Krystal are likely.
I'm a Bandana Deetractor and I don't think Ridley is too big. However, I do think that there is no justice in the universe if that brown spear-chucker gets in Smash when there are much more deserving characters. I just realized how racist that description sounds, but I stand by it. When I have K. Rool, Little Mac, Mewtwo, and Ridley then I will have mild indifference towards Bandana Dee.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm a Bandana Deetractor and I don't think Ridley is too big. However, I do think that there is no justice in the universe if that brown spear-chucker gets in Smash when there are much more deserving characters. I just realized how racist that description sounds, but I stand by it. When I have K. Rool, Little Mac, Mewtwo, and Ridley then I will have mild indifference towards Bandana Dee.
I don't see how you could possibly be considered racist by calling him that.

You're basically just colour blind. The least racist people imaginable.

Brown indeed.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I was talking about Miiverse, "Bandana Deetractor".

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I was talking about Miiverse, "Bandana Deetractor".
I'm starting to think I came off as too hotheaded. I don't hate Bandana Dee, he's just very low on the priority list.... like really, really low. Should other series that deserve better representation get their due, then I wouldn't mind him because pickings are getting slim. I will say he's a better option than some though. (key word is "some")

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm starting to think I came off as too hotheaded. I don't hate Bandana Dee, he's just very low on the priority list.... like really, really low. Should other series that deserve better representation get their due, then I wouldn't mind him because pickings are getting slim. I will say he's a better option than some though. (key word is "some")
Don't worry, each person has their own list of favorite newcomers.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious what his official name in Japanese is. Though I'm sure it isn't anything individualistic. I'm not sure how much influence Nintendo had over the direction and writing of the Kirby anime, but Waddle Dees are portrayed as silent workaholics (or more accurately Dedede's slaves) in the show. Bandana Waddle Dee is different than that though. He wouldn't end up for sale in a vending machine like the Waddle Dees in one particular episode did. He deserves a distinct name (as does Blue Toad).

LF2K

Floor Diver
Here's an interesting tidbit. In the Dream Collection Celebration book , there's a page devoted to "The
Wide World of Waddle Dee". It mentions how Waddle Dee has become one of the most beloved Kirby characters.

But what's really interesting is the page never says "Waddle Dees" or "they". It's all singular. The page also has an art collection showing his appearance over the years. Including this one:

The last piece of art is of Bandana Dee. Does this confirm he's been the same friendly Dee all this time ?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Here's an interesting tidbit. In the Dream Collection Celebration book , there's a page devoted to "The
Wide World of Waddle Dee". It mentions how Waddle Dee has become one of the most beloved Kirby characters.

But what's really interesting is the page never says "Waddle Dees" or "they". It's all singular. The page also has an art collection showing his appearance over the years. Including this one:

The last piece of art is of Bandana Dee. Does this confirm he's been the same friendly Dee all this time ?
Wow, thanks for this information :D
Is possible, but I would prefer to discuss that tomorrow, well, at least in my country is pretty late, so I will go to sleep, good night!

Top Bottom