• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Monday;
"Pic of the Day, King Dedede can throw up to 3 Waddle Dee's at the same time".
And no, don't start getting doubtful. Even if Waddle Dees are a part of Dedede's moveset, as long as none of them have a Bandanna, there's no reason to disconfirm him outright. If Toad supporters can have the gall to still have hope for Toad even after being a part of Peach's moveset and having Rosalina showcased, then we can damn well still hope for Bandanna Dee.
The fact that no Waddle Dees were shown on Dedede's character page--the images that stay on the website for good--only works to Bandanna's favor.

D

Deleted member

Whew… my day isn't gonna be horrible now…
Just because no Waddle Dees have been shown yet doesn't mean that Bandana Dee is out in the clear. We have yet to see Waddle Dee Toss in action. So, stay on your toes for when it happens.

This pic also further proves that the King is a pimp.

D

Deleted member

What if this scenario happens:
We see a pic of a Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, and a Gordo.
Sakurai says on Miiverse, "Pic of the Day. King Dedede can throw out all kinds of things with Waddle Dee Toss! However, there is one Waddle Dee that you have yet to see."
How would you interpret that as? More hope for Bandana Dee or partial disconfirmation?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Sakurai says on Miiverse, "Pic of the Day. King Dedede can throw out all kinds of things with Waddle Dee Toss! However, there is one Waddle Dee that you have yet to see."
How would you interpret that as? More hope for Bandana Dee or partial disconfirmation?
. . .
. . .
. . . I don't really know . . . both?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
none of us will mate, none of us:awesome:
let us hype till we break our family and neighbors ears:awesome: Waddle "Bandana" Dee chances are still alive!
XDD
I'm happy for Dedede.
He doesn't look like Brawl Dedede or Return to Dreamland Dedede, he looks like the Anime Dedede XDD
Nobody expected that XD
Is it just me, or are dedede's face expressions the best thing ever?
I can't wait for Meta Knight's face expressions :awesome:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
XDD
I'm happy for Dedede.
He doesn't look like Brawl Dedede or Return to Dreamland Dedede, he looks like the Anime Dedede XDD
Nobody expected that XD
ya he does, and honestly i'm glad about that he looks better than those two versions, and the expressions are just killer XD
I say they did the right choice with his design

D

Deleted member

ya he does, and honestly i'm glad about that he looks better than those two versions, and the expressions are just killer XD
I say they did the right choice with his design
Now imagine his voice actor is the one from the anime. Too bad King Dedede won't have any monsters to clobber that Kirby!

Is it just me, or are dedede's face expressions the best thing ever?
A lot of the facial expressions for the characters in SSB4 are pretty funny. I've seen a lot of good ones for Fox.

Last edited by a moderator:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
XDD
I'm happy for Dedede.
Nobody expected that XD
Not really. Maybe a bit in that direction, but he's far from being anime Dedede.
Now imagine his voice actor is the one from the anime.
That would be awful. Sakurai's voice is much better.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Either; Bandana Dee was confirmed as playable...or...he's an AT. Or maybe a third option where he's replaced Dedede's entire army of useless grunts and now just kicks ass alone. ONE OF THESE THREE.

What a reveal though. Look at the emotion in that face!

Argument against bandana Dee: he has no face.

:troll:
B-but...eyes and cheeks are face.

OR ARE THEY? DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN!

No, they are, shut up.

Congrats, the Bandanna Dee himself has not appeared as Dedede's Side-B!
Did I miss something? I didn't think the side + B had been shown yet.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Some of the confusion over Dedede's Side-B may be a result of the Smashbros-Miiverse site, which incorrectly listed the Jet Hammer as a side-B for a while.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Some new Triple Deluxe footage has come online! Bandana Dee seems to be similar to Adeleine, as he drops off stuff for Kirby. Too bad I can't read Japanese.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Pimpedede is back and no sign of Bandana Dee being thrown by him, I hope it stays that way for a loooooooong time (forever).

And I love Dedede's expressions + he kept his sexy crouch from Brawl.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'll be fine with Bandana Waddle Dee's inclusion as long as a few of my "want" characters get in.

So basically, Ridley, K.Rool, Palutena, Shulk, Mewtwo... then I don't really care.

So I support as long as there are no shenanigans.

D

Deleted member

Doomsday has come...Dedede has been revealed...his Side B hasn't been shown...

THE DEE LIVES!!!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmm... there is no sign of any of Dedede's minions. Even Nintendo of Europe's update on Facebook (which included a ton of new Zelda pics and confirmed her specials) didn't show anything new about Dedede.

He sure did have a better luck than Toad. Watch out for next week though.

D

Deleted member

Some new Triple Deluxe footage has come online! Bandana Dee seems to be similar to Adeleine, as he drops off stuff for Kirby. Too bad I can't read Japanese.
I hope that Meta Knight is in this game. I would be disappointed if he didn't make an appearance at all.

Quick Prediction: I bet King Dedede will get possessed and you have to fight him. He will be much more powerful than before.

Hmm... there is no sign of any of Dedede's minions. Even Nintendo of Europe's update on Facebook (which included a ton of new Zelda pics and confirmed her specials) didn't show anything new about Dedede.
Really? Can you show these pics, please?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'll be fine with Bandana Waddle Dee's inclusion as long as a few of my "want" characters get in.

So basically, Ridley, K.Rool, Palutena, Shulk, Mewtwo... then I don't really care.

So I support as long as there are no shenanigans.
Thanks for your support, Scoliosis :)
If you want to appear with the other supporters click YES in the poll.
If you want to see who are the other supporters click the number of votes.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
XDD
I'm happy for Dedede.
Nobody expected that XD

I can't wait for Meta Knight's face expressions :awesome:
Anime expressions make me wish Meowth/Team Rocket would be playable in Smash... their face expressions would be epic!

But for Waddle Dee's chances... so far so good... nothing like poor Toad's murdered chances.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So Peach gets revealed and its like "HAI TOAD HOWS IT GOIN"

And with Dedede its like "No Waddle Dee".

The Bandana Dee supporters are now out of the oven and into the fire. It can only get interesting from here.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
So Peach gets revealed and its like "HAI TOAD HOWS IT GOIN"

And with Dedede its like "No Waddle Dee".

The Bandana Dee supporters are now out of the oven and into the fire. It can only get interesting from here.
So true... :-(

I'm really hoping Bandana Dee will be a thing for this game. ^^

Top Bottom