• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Megaton Punch would be lovely.

And no, don't start getting doubtful. Even if Waddle Dees are a part of Dedede's moveset, as long as none of them have a Bandanna, there's no reason to disconfirm him outright. If Toad supporters can have the gall to still have hope for Toad even after being a part of Peach's moveset and having Rosalina showcased, then we can damn well still hope for Bandanna Dee.
Yup, I'm still hoping to see a playable Toad. XD
Honestly, I feel like Waddle Dee has a good chance.

-

And APC, you should play Amazing Mirror ! I love that game (even though I have yet to 100% complete it).

LF2K

Floor Diver
The only problem with Toad is that he really doesn't have any extraordinary moves. He does everything Mario and company can do.

Bandana Dee adds a lot more than you think. He would represent the common enemy. And he's a spearfighter that isn't a blue fox.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Are people actually excited for Dedede? I mean a reveal is a reveal, but I don't see how this is even remotely hype-worthy. Haha.
I just love King Dedede. And a new character is always hype-bringing. At least for me.
And some also fear that he might disconfirm our challenger. Hence the suspense.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just love King Dedede. And a new character is always hype-bringing. At least for me.
And some also fear that he might disconfirm our challenger. Hence the suspense.
I highly doubt Dedede will de-confirm our favorite spear wielding friend. I suppose it is possible though. Maybe it is just me, Dedede wasn't really all too fun and I am a huge fan of "big" characters.

Morbi

Scavenger
Bowser got a buff, DDD could have one too.
That would be nice, it would give me a reason to play as him. I always felt like he was one of the weaker big characters, big characters usually perform well in FFA, but DDD was never really a character that was useful in FFA. His tier placement would indicate that he is decent in 1 v 1 MUs though. So I am sure that he is a decent character, just not for my needs. :shades:

D

Deleted member

Are people actually excited for Dedede? I mean a reveal is a reveal, but I don't see how this is even remotely hype-worthy. Haha.
Well, I like Dedede.
So I am a bit hyped to see His Royal Fatness again.

...would be more hyped if it was Wario.....

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That would be nice, it would give me a reason to play as him. I always felt like he was one of the weaker big characters, big characters usually perform well in FFA, but DDD was never really a character that was useful in FFA. His tier placement would indicate that he is decent in 1 v 1 MUs though. So I am sure that he is a decent character, just not for my needs. :shades:
Ironically I can only play Dedede properly in FFAs, mostly just for the ocassional unsuspected F-Smash.

As a big Kirby fan anything pertaining to the franchise is hype-worthy for me. Only Metroid and Kirby can do that for me.

D

Deleted member

His reveal determines the fate of Bandana Dee in Smash.

I would be more hyped if Meta Knight or Wario were getting revealed.

Morbi

Scavenger

I would be more hyped if Meta Knight or Wario were getting revealed.
It only truly determines the fate of Bandanna Dee if he throws Bandanna Dee; I suppose if we see a new projectile attack that doesn't involve Waddle Dee, that might allude to his inclusion. I honestly think that we will have to wait MUCH longer to find out the fate of our precious Where's Waddle.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
That's perhaps a tad exaggerated... If we don't see Bandana Dee is his set of pictures that doesn't proves at 100% that the latter is in the game... And he might be revealed as part of his moveset later...
Though this scenario still would be gruesome. I really want Bandana Dee playable (though everyone here already knew that)

D

Deleted member

King Dedede is a major player in this. If he gets revealed, then Bandana Dee could get disconfirmed at any moment. He could get disconfirmed tomorrow, next week, next month, three months from now…

If Bandana Dee is going to be a part of King Dedede's Waddle Dee Toss, then he is done for Smash as I believe that he would remain a part of King Dedede's moveset for every game. Look at Toad; people want him and yet his role hasn't changed.

One thing that can save Bandana Dee from being a part of Waddle Dee Toss is if Sakurai shows a picture of a generic Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, and Gordo and says that all of these creatures are a part of Waddle Dee Toss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unlike Toad Bandana Dee at least has a distinguishing feature rather than being the generic design of his species.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Bandana Dee's fate rests upon King Dedede's reveal. Unless Triple D gets a new side-B.

But yeah, Bandana Dee is much more notable than Toad. Sure Toad was in 3D World, but he did the same moves as everyone else. Bandana Dee was really different from Dedede and Meta-Knight.

D

Deleted member

I really fail to see why Dedede's reveal is so "life and death" in regards to BWD.

Literally, the only way Dedede can kill any chance he has is if Dedede's shown to toss him with the Waddle Dee Toss move.
And even then, that's a hard bet.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I really fail to see why Dedede's reveal is so "life and death" in regards to BWD.

Literally, the only way Dedede can kill any chance he has is if Dedede's shown to toss him with the Waddle Dee Toss move.
And even then, that's a hard bet.
I just wanna see Dedede, and I think that, even if we see Dedede throw Waddle Dees, the bandana-wearing spear wielder still is likely.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Unlike Toad Bandana Dee at least has a distinguishing feature rather than being the generic design of his species.
Well, that's better than nothing. Though I don't think Dedede would end up using Bandanna Dee as a part of his minion throw. Though I could be wrong.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well there's nothing going on/ people might be mad at me for nothing D:

Can't wait until 11pm or so. Hopefully we'll get something good. Just popping in to say :kirby: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'd be even more hyped if there was a small direct coming up or something.

But its great to see King DDD back, love the expressions.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
This is so amazing. The page wasn't showing the image for me so I thought "Huh, must be running late". I then saw a pic of him as someone's avatar, but thought "that expression looks fake". Wow this is amazing.

Top Bottom