• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

LF2K

Floor Diver
Who cares about Krystal? All she does is serve royalty and flail a stick around ... Oh, wait...

I say we should be the Waddle Dee Army, in honor of King Dedede.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
whelp guys if my hunch is correct we'll see king dedede in less than 6 hours,
if the rumor is correct we'll see him in 30 hours, we are reaching the end of the line here mates
oh and if both are incorrect, than sadness:ohwell:

Morbi

Scavenger
whelp guys if my hunch is correct we'll see king dedede in less than 6 hours,
if the rumor is correct we'll see him in 30 hours, we are reaching the end of the line here mates
oh and if both are incorrect, than sadness:ohwell:
I will be sad if you are incorrect... or if you are correct. Meh Sheik! :sadeyes:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't anticipate a Dedede until Friday: the day the game is actually released. The cool thing is once the game is out in Japan, it probably won't be too long til we find out what role Bandanna Dee plays in the game. My hunch is that he is associated with StreetPass to some capacity. He could also be playable again, especially since the Spear form is back.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
My girlfriend and I just played through Return to Dream Land again. We went for a 1% run by getting as little amount of gears as we could. Interestingly, the file considers having only 1/120 gears as still having beaten 51% of the game. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was wondering. Would Bandanna Dee ideally just be a near-port of his incarnation from Return to Dream Land, or could a we actually stay respectful to the blue-banded Dee while, say, including a Parasol in reference to Bandanna's brethren?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
My girlfriend and I just played through Return to Dream Land again. We went for a 1% run by getting as little amount of gears as we could. Interestingly, the file considers having only 1/120 gears as still having beaten 51% of the game. :rolleyes:
The two of you are just too good at the game.
Anyway, I was wondering. Would Bandanna Dee ideally just be a near-port of his incarnation from Return to Dream Land, or could a we actually stay respectful to the blue-banded Dee while, say, including a Parasol in reference to Bandanna's brethren?
I want Waddle Dee to have a parasol-spear hybrid weapon because if dedede can have a jet hammer for no reason Waddle Dee should have the two most constantly used weapons by his species mixed into one weapon.

I actually have a moveset for it in mind that I'll have to look for, but yeah I think it should be that for sure.

D

Deleted member

24 hours remain until truth…
When I wake up tomorrow, I better not see Bandana Dee in any of those screenshots…

EDIT: Oh wow! I posted this at 6:10 AM! Awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Chandelure's neighbors are screwed either way... aren't they? :sadeyes:
There is but one way they may survive;

No news at all regarding Bandana Dee. But this won't last the whole year. Unless he doesn't make it into the final Roster but IS promised as DLC prior to the roster's leak. Then perhaps the screams of joy and the murderous rage will counterbalance one another into a joyous rage.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady

Yes, please include a reference to the Parasol. I also think that, since Kirby doesn't use it, a reference to the Megaton Punch could be in order.

So... Apparently there's a rumor we might see Dedede tomorrow... Let's hope he doesn't throw Bandana Dee in any of the screenshots.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm in a Kirby mood...

What games should I play? I've got the original Dream Land Trilogy, Super Star, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby 64, Squeak Squad, Epic Yarn...

I wish I had Super Star Ultra or Return to Dream Land.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm in a Kirby mood...

What games should I play? I've got the original Dream Land Trilogy, Super Star, Kirby's Adventure, Kirby 64, Squeak Squad, Epic Yarn...

Kirby 64 is da best, that is the one I would play. :love:

D

Deleted member

I'm in a Kirby mood...

You need to get Returns to Dream Land and Super Star Ultra! Both are fantastic games!

I say play Epic Yarn if you want a more relaxed game or Kirby 64 just so you can beat something in a few hours (I 100%ed the game in 4 hours or so) years ago.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm in a Kirby mood...

Damn, you're missing the two best games. You're also missing Amazing Mirror and Nightmare in Dreamland, so you're actually missing the four best games. I'd pick Dream Land 3 or Squeak Squad then.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
You need to get Returns to Dream Land and Super Star Ultra! Both are fantastic games!

I say play Epic Yarn if you want a more relaxed game or Kirby 64 just so you can beat something in a few hours (I 100%ed the game in 4 hours or so) years ago.
Damn, you're missing the two best games. You're also missing Amazing Mirror and Nightmare in Dreamland, so you're actually missing the four best games. I'd pick Dream Land 3 or Squeak Squad then.
I've actually made a pact with my younger brother that the next game we will buy with our own money shall be Return to Dream Land. I've also had Super Star Ultra on my birthday list for a while, but just like Punch-Out!!, it's been ignored for 2 years straight, and I don't have a working job to earn money so I can get them.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yes, please include a reference to the Parasol. I also think that, since Kirby doesn't use it, a reference to the Megaton Punch could be in order.

So... Apparently there's a rumor we might see Dedede tomorrow... Let's hope he doesn't throw Bandana Dee in any of the screenshots.
Megaton Punch would be lovely.

And no, don't start getting doubtful. Even if Waddle Dees are a part of Dedede's moveset, as long as none of them have a Bandanna, there's no reason to disconfirm him outright. If Toad supporters can have the gall to still have hope for Toad even after being a part of Peach's moveset and having Rosalina showcased, then we can damn well still hope for Bandanna Dee.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've actually made a pact with my younger brother that the next game we will buy with our own money shall be Return to Dream Land. I've also had Super Star Ultra on my birthday list for a while, but just like Punch-Out!!, it's been ignored for 2 years straight, and I don't have a working job to earn money so I can get them.
Force your brother into getting a job then, just tell him it's for the cause of more Kirby, he'll understand :p

Top Bottom