• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee? More like MANdana Dee!

I have a Bandana Dee icon on another website and my friend called him "Mandana Dee." I guess it's because of the bandana. :p But, I couldn't resist making this. :p
Please excuse my awful work. I don't have Photoshop on my laptop. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm thinking that we will get King Dedede on Friday. Typically reveals are one day before a release of a game.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that we will get King Dedede on Friday. Typically reveals are one day before a release of a game.
Let's hope so. I loooooove that penguin :awesome:. Though we've already been trolled by Sakurai (remember Pokémon's launch where we got miss Fit alseep on a plane...)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Their new designs look weird to me.
Meta Knight looks weird with tiny wings and Dedede looks weird with a small body and a big head.
They'll probably just keep their Super Star designs, just like how LoZ has kept the TP design. It's not like there's any reason for them to get an overhaul on the scale of Metroid's when there's so few differences, Bandana Dee fits in either way since he was in both Super Star and Super Star Ultra.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Wait, is meta knight in triple deluxe? I don't think I've seen him yet.
Not from what we've seen, no. But he is referenced in Kirby Fighters as a palette swap you can play as (Kirby's coloring is that of Maskless Meta Knight).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think it's the PvP mode.

Meta Knight is very likely in the game, he hasn't missed out on a main series Kirby game in a loooooooong time (Kirby 64 I think was the last time?) He probably plays a role later on in the story, like he does in Squeak Squad and Epic Yarn.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
I think it's the PvP mode.

Meta Knight is very likely in the game, he hasn't missed out on a main series Kirby game in a loooooooong time (Kirby 64 I think was the last time?) He probably plays a role later on in the story, like he does in Squeak Squad and Epic Yarn.
This is what I believe. Hopefully he's also playable like Dedede.
You're not talking about the blue Kirby, are you?

Because that looks nothing like a maskless Meta Knight.

He's on the right with the Sword ability.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So after a little research I found out that Meta Knight has been in every Kirby game since 2002 (aka Nightmare in Dreamland), so it'd be really odd if he isn't in this one.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
So after a little research I found out that Meta Knight has been in every Kirby game since 2002 (aka Nightmare in Dreamland), so it'd be really odd if he isn't in this one.
That's even longer than King Dedede, since he didn't appear in Amazing Mirror (2004).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's even longer than King Dedede, since he didn't appear in Amazing Mirror (2004).
Yeah, but in turn Dedede has only ever missed out on that one game, where as Meta Knight wasn't present in many of the early games.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but in turn Dedede has only ever missed out on that one game, where as Meta Knight wasn't present in many of the early games.
I know, I just thought that was funny.

I wonder why Meta Knight wasn't in the Dreamland games? I know that there was a different person in charge of Dreamland 2 & 3, and Crystal Shards, so maybe they just didn't care for the character?

Anyway... uh, Bandana Dee is cool, huh?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know, I just thought that was funny.

I wonder why Meta Knight wasn't in the Dreamland games? I know that there was a different person in charge of Dreamland 2 & 3, and Crystal Shards, so maybe they just didn't care for the character?

Anyway... uh, Bandana Dee is cool, huh?
Meta Knight simply wasn't too popular back then. It was a combination of Nightmare in Dreamland, the anime, and Amazing Mirror which boosted his popularity, even to the level that he was among the top 5 most requested characters for Brawl pre-E3.

Either way, let's let the Bandana Dee discussion continue.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of a move where Bandana Dee jumps on a cart or one of those boarlike enemies and crashes into opponents? It could be like Wario's bike, but with more power; to compensate for this, it would be impossible to turn around.

D

Deleted member

Do you think Waddle Dee will have more than one jump in the air if he is playable?
I think that he would have a double jump. He doesn't have wings nor the ability to puff up to get more midair jumps.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
But in the Kirby game for Wii, he can jump as much as he wants, which is probably why he keeps reappearing... So that we can get 4 characters with the same characteristics in the Kirby games.

So perhaps he could have three or four small jumps to reflect his appearance in the series ? It would seem weird to have him jump only two times with his small size.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, perhaps he wouldn't need so many jumps: if he does get his Spearcopter special, it might give him a really strong vertical recovery...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He only has infinite jumps in Return to Dreamland to balance him out, some stages wouldn't be possible otherwise, and he'd be severely handicapped in boss battles.

All of the enemies from Super Star Ultra also have infinite jumps in Helper to Hero for this reason, despite the fact that it's obvious that some of them don't have infinite jumps in their actual roles, namely Knuckle Joe and Bonkers.

I don't think he needs more than one jump anyways, since his Up-B would basically be a hover recovery much like Pit's Brawl recovery.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I personally think more than one mid-air jump is not necessary, but is possible.

P.S. : And I can't wait for Dedede's reveal, it can even be tomorrow.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
It could really go either way.

I was thinking he would have several small jumps to help his air game, as I seriously don't see him jumping much higher than Olimar given his stature. Recovery-wise, he probably would not need the extra jumps. But then again, some recoveries in brawl are god-like, so it all depends on what direction they take with this new installment. ^^

LF2K

Floor Diver
The only problem with using the Waddle Copter as a recovery is that Waddle Dee leaves himself open as a target. I'm sure the little guy would lose focus on spinning his spear if he got hit. Kind of like Villager's recovery, if his balloons pop, he's screwed.

Morbi

Scavenger
The only problem with using the Waddle Copter as a recovery is that Waddle Dee leaves himself open as a target. I'm sure the little guy would lose focus on spinning his spear if he got hit. Kind of like Villager's recovery, if his balloons pop, he's screwed.
Is that not the case for every recovery in the game?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
What do you guys think of a move where Bandana Dee jumps on a cart or one of those boarlike enemies and crashes into opponents? It could be like Wario's bike, but with more power; to compensate for this, it would be impossible to turn around.
I've always supported this idea. Assuming Waddle Dee would be a character with mostly mid-ranged attacks and weak killing power, it'd be nice to give him something like this as a slow, short-ranged, hard-hitting attack to compensate.

Top Bottom