• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm back!!!
I had serious Internet problems, but now it's fixed :D

So...tomorrow, the week of the truth starts.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
So...tomorrow, the week of the truth starts.
I don't think Dedede's reveal would impact Bandana Dee's chances even if he is shown to retain his Waddle Dee toss. If he doesn't throw Bandana Dee he still would have his chances. If Toad supporters didn't abandon all hope with Peach's reveal I don't see why we should abandon our hopes with King Dedede's reveal.^^

And we're not even sure about Dedede being revealed next week.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If Dedede throws Bandana Dee, he would be disconfirmed, but if Dedede throws normal Waddle Dees, Bandana Dee's chances would not be affected.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace

If Dedede throws Bandana Dee,he would be disconfirmed, but if Dedede throws normal Waddle Dees,Bandana Dee's chances would not be affected.
I really don't see that happening. Waddle Dee toss was perfect in Brawl, I can't see why they would change it. And Bandana Dee deserves better.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If Bandana Dee isn't gonna be playable, I would like D3 to throw him. He could fly outwards then spear helicopter up, offscreen, dealing multihits.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Yeah, me too, if he isn't playable (unlikely :smirk:) I would prefer him as an attack instead of an AT.
Sakurai has said before that he doesn't like giving too much importance to his own franchises. That's why we haven't had 4 Kirby reps since Melee; hell, he finally decided to put the other two main characters in in Brawl. I'd be surprised if Bandana Dee was playable.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
hey chandelure, how do you feel that bandanna dee's not even on the results list of shortie's poll...

but get this,

Kamek is! :troll:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
hey chandelure, how do you feel that bandanna dee's not even on the results list of shortie's poll...

but get this,

Kamek is! :troll:
Excuse me? he is in the Everyone Else Tier.
No, but seriously, I personally think that poll is pretty stupid.
Waluigi? Banjo? LOL

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Excuse me? he is in the everyone else tier.
No,but seriously,I personally think that poll is pretty stupid.
Waluigi? Banjo? LOL
it's a Popularity poll, not a probability poll.

also the reason the results are so weird is because the votes consist from everywhere.

(Minus Miiverse)

and honestly I'm surprised that Dee is lower than kamek, even though I really like kamek.

D

Deleted member

Excuse me? he is in the everyone else tier.
No,but seriously,I personally think that poll is pretty stupid.
Waluigi? Banjo? LOL
Well people still want Banjo despite being completely impossible. Can't hurt nostalgia, now can you?

Personally, I don't really check that poll since the roster is already decided at this point. Though, I highly question why Bandana Dee isn't on there.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace

also the reason the results are so weird is because the votes consist from everywhere.

(Minus Miiverse)

and honestly I'm surprised that Dee is lower than kamek, even though I really like kamek.
Even if it WAS a popularity poll it would not matter. Polls cant' decide whever or not Bandana Dee is playable. Only Sakurai does ^^.

D

Deleted member

Even if it WAS a popularity poll it would not matter. Polls cant' decide whever or not Bandana Dee is playable. Only Sakurai does ^^.
Popularity does play a role in Sakurai's thinking. One of Sakurai's main criteria is that a character will make people buy the game. Characters like King K. Rool and Mewtwo would help increase sales for the game. Bandana Dee can also contribute to game sales for how much of a rising star he has become over the past few years.

So, popularity is a contributing factor. I highly doubt that many people would buy the game just to play as some no-name character.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

(Minus Miiverse)

I like Kamek too :b
Well people still want Banjo despite being completely impossible. Can't hurt nostalgia, now can you?
Personally, I don't really check that poll since the roster is already decided at this point. Though, I highly question why Bandana Dee isn't on there.
Yeah, the nostalgia.
Vaati on everyone else tier? Yes, it's stupid. VAATI SHOULD BE #1! Bandanna Dee #2
I had a dream that Vaati was playable XDD
:D

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Popularity does play a role in Sakurai's thinking. One of Sakurai's main criteria is that a character will make people buy the game. Characters like King K. Rool and Mewtwo would help increase sales for the game. Bandana Dee can also contribute to game sales for how much of a rising star he has become over the past few years.

So, popularity is a contributing factor. I highly doubt that many people would buy the game just to play as some no-name character.
I didn't think that Popularity did not matter, but if I remember right, Sakurai said he had already completed the roster of the game. So popularity polls now are rather useless because I think they can't change anything now...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

The roster probably was decided one or two years ago, the time when Kirby's Return to Dreamland was recent and Bandana Dee was super popular, specially in Japan.
This increase my hope :D
Let's hope you're psychic.
The weird part about this is that I don't know who Vaati is XD
I only know that he is a Zelda villain.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well.... I wonder what pic we'll get tonight.

Should be interesting since sakurai didn't take a long break and was working a bit lol.

D

Deleted member

Well.... I wonder what pic we'll get tonight.

Should be interesting since sakurai didn't take a long break and was working a bit lol.
I'm not expecting anything big. If anything, it could explain what the Phantom is, some other information for some other stage or character, or a pic that just wasted my time.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm not expecting anything big. If anything, it could explain what the Phantom is, some other information for some other stage or character, or a pic that just wasted my time.
Oh no nothing big, just maybe a kirby stage or the phantom thing.

Either of those should suffice.

Inb4 an assist trophy :troll:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey, I have a topic, we obviously will have a Kirby's Return to Dreamland stage for the Wii U, but what about the 3DS?
Kirby Mass Attack?

D

Deleted member

Hey, I have a topic, we obviously will have a Kirby's Return to Dreamland stage for the Wii U, but what about the 3DS?
Kirby Mass Attack?
I'm thinking Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby Mass Attack, or Kirby Triple Deluxe will get a stage for the 3DS.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Kirby Mass Attack?
Obviously something from the DS games, just like scatman said I think they can fit a triple deluxe stage in there since they probably already knew about it early on.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I think I'm probably alone in thinking that, but if Bandana Dee wasn't playable, I would never want him as Dedede's attack.

Because then it would be just like Toad, people would argue that he can't be playable and an attack of Dedede at the same time, and there is also the possibility that people would not consider him seriously, and he would lose supporters, etc...

Kinda what happens with Toad actually. He's one of the most popular video game characters but for some reason (Peach's neutral B), he's not really expected/requested. :/

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I think I'm probably alone in thinking that, but if Bandana Dee wasn't playable, I would never want him as Dedede's attack.

Because then it would be just like Toad, people would argue that he can't be playable and an attack of Dedede at the same time, and there is also the possibility that people would not consider him seriously, and he would lose supporters, etc...

Kinda what happens with Toad actually. He's one of the most popular video game characters but for some reason (Peach's neutral B), he's not really expected/requested. :/
This.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Paying attention to what? I obviously don't go looking for Toad support, but I've never seen it just wandering around the internet.
I misunderstood, then.

From my experiences, I've actually seen a lot of support for Toad in general. (I'm not referring to Smash specifically, obviously.)

Top Bottom