• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Marx Parasoul confirmed as stage hazard I won't deny it looks good, I personally think the spear is all we need
Ya, but sakurai won't let that happen. He likes characters to be wild and crazy, LOOK AT PACMAN! He doesn't have just chomping moves! And isn't waddle dee a food addict??

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What if waddle dee had a floating aspect like peach, but he hangs a parasol from his bandana, and can perform aerials? He slowly floats down, and has bad horizontal movement.
Thats my idea, look at my moveset in the OP! :D

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Do you guys think that Bandana Waddle Dee should utilize the parasol as well???
Alt special perhaps. I can easily see it being something like Brawl G&W's recovery for UP b version. Able to reflect/block projectiles with side b. They could do a bunch with it, but I still prefer if it was just the spear overall, a reference is all that is needed.

Also poor Gamerguy for people not looking at his moveset (I looked at it).

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
you guys heared about coro coro magazine they say they will show a lot of new stuff coming up next month hope Bandana Dee shows up

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
In the Ridley thread, we found out a ton of requested villains have something to so with the month August (release dates of certain games) So it isn't out of the question for Hades or K.rool
Nah man. Hades is 2big4smash.
[collapse=Actual Spoilers :O]Also Hades doesn't even have a body anymore after Uprising.[/collapse]

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
In the Ridley thread, we found out a ton of requested villains have something to so with the month August (release dates of certain games) So it isn't out of the question for Hades or K.rool
Is waddle dee considered a Villan, kind of like king DDD? Evil, but also helps Kirby? Anti-hero status??? *tries best to steer the convo back to waddle dee*

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
ooooooooo this will be a good read then

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Let's take a step back and lets look back on the true evidence for Bandana Dee:

• King Dedede does not throw Waddle Dees anymore.
  • We haven't seen D3's final smash, which involves Waddle Dees.
  • Bandana Dee has not been shown in any capacity yet.
  • Bandana Dee has a prominent role in the new 2015 Kirby Game.
  • We haven't seen a new Wii U Kirby stage yet. Could be saved for his reveal.

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
No, but people speculate that MK would get revealed with him, considering BDee is friends with MK and was on the Halberd in Mass Attack
You should look at this:
Trailer Speculation:
Kirby is on Halberd Fighting Jigglypuff. These two are quite similar, so the two together would be great. Meta Knight ambushes kirby, and jiggly is pushed away. Kirby jumps on top of his star, and tries to fly away, only to be trailed by Meta Knight. The two have a small mid-air clash, and end up in "Another Dimension", and a spear is thrown right between them. They look over to the ledge by where it was thrown, and helicopter sounds are heard. Only to see Bandana Dee fly up, with his splash page shown. King DDD also enters the fray, and when they are all in a stance to fight each other, there is a disgruntled chuckling. They look over to see Magalor in his King Form. It then shows the in game fight, where Another Dimension is a stage, and King Magalor is a stage hazard. New kirby stage, another confirmed vet, new challenger, perfect way to include magalor.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I saw that, I only brought up something we Ridley fans found out while speculating
Thank you for bringing it up. While I support Ridley since there was less than 200 pages, the thread just goes too fast for me now. It is the largest thread on the forums afterall. I feel pretty confident about him getting in, enough to practicly say he's confirmed, I'm just hoping for a Super Metroid alt costume for him, not a fan of Roidley.

Meta Knight is guarunteed anyways. He's on the cover of Brawl, and the Halberd is in the game. It'd be stupid not to have him.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Today on hoarders: Chandelure compulsively hoards likes, only to throw them at everyone he sees. If this criminal continues, everyone will have so many likes, they too will become hoarders.

Next time on Hoarders: "It was all for fun!" -Chandelure

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Today on hoarders: Chandelure compulsively hoards likes, only to throw them at everyone he sees. If this criminal continues, everyone will have so many likes, they too will become hoarders.

Next time on Hoarders: "It was all for fun!" -Chandelure
NEXT TIME ON KIRBY FIGHTERS Z, FIGHTER KIRBY IS TRU SUPR SAND.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey, I was reviewing anniversaries:

• Kirby's Dreamland = August 1st, 1992
  • Sakurai's Birthday = August 3rd, 1970
Could this mean something? Also with Kirby Fighter Z not announced in America yet....I wonder when....

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
August 3rd SSB4 Direct
makeithappen
"Yes, I'm still alive."

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Hey, I was reviewing anniversaries:

• Kirby's Dreamland = August 1st, 1992
  • Sakurai's Birthday = August 3rd, 1970
Could this mean something? Also with Kirby Fighter Z not announced in America yet....I wonder when....
so I guess august is the month of Kirby?

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
There is still a lot unsaid for both versions of smash. I think there could be a direct soon. August could bring news of the new Kirby game, waddle dee playable for smash and MK returns. Pokken Fighters revealed, Sceptile playable in Pokken and smash. More hyrule warriors sh**, and oldmanondorf's return. Blam, good direct right there...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There is still a lot unsaid for both versions of smash. I think there could be a direct soon. August could bring news of the new Kirby game, waddle dee playable for smash and MK returns. Pokken Fighters revealed, Sceptile playable in Pokken and smash. More hyrule warriors sh**, and oldmanondorf's return. Blam, good direct right there...
Directs are bimonthly, so we are getting one in August

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've been working on some trophy descriptions on characters or things I want referenced in Smash. Here's three that relate; Magolor's has a spoiler regarding his role in Return to Dream Land.

Bandana Waddle Dee
At first glance, this warrior from Dream Land may seem like your average Waddle Dee. However, this particular one has risen over the rest and has become King Dedede's most trusted underling. Wearing nothing more than a blue bandana and supreme skills with the spear, this Waddle Dee proves to be another one of Dream Land’s greatest champions. Rumor has it he also helped Kirby and friends recover the Crystal Shards long ago, could it be true…?

Kirby Super Star (SNES, 09/1996)
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land (Wii, 10/2011)
Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS, 05/2014)

Masked Dedede
Fed up with constantly losing to long-time rival Kirby, King Dedede swore revenge and trained to become an even more formidable foe than ever before. When he gets the Smash Ball, this vengeful urge fills his veins once again. In this form, he wields the fearsome Dedede Hammer that can shoot rockets, scorch foes with a flamethrower, and deliver shocking strikes. King Dedede proves that revenge isn’t always best served cold.

Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS, 09/2008)
Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS 05/2014)

Magolor
A mysterious alien that crashed landed one day in Dream Land. His ship, the Lor Starcutter, has been broken up into five pieces. Always happy to help, Kirby and friends set out all over Pop Star to get them back. However, upon fixing the Lor and visiting Magolor's home world, his true colors are revealed. Wanting nothing more to rule the universe with the almighty Master Crown, Kirby and his allies battle him for the fate of the universe! Aftewards, seemingly turning a new leaf after surviving the ordeal, Magolor befriends Kirby and opens a theme park to apologize.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii, 10/2011)
Kirby's Dream Collection (Wii, 09/2012} (US and Japan only)

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Add me as a supporter.

I've wanted the Dee in Smash even before E3 2013, and I will be more than elated in his reveal.

Good luck to you guys ~

Edit: Is there a supporter list? I don't see one.

Last edited:

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
How did I not find this thread Sooner!? I TOTALLY support Bandana Dee for playability, he is honestly one of my top 3 that haven't already been announced ( 1. Ridley 2. Bowser Jr. 3. Bandana Dee)

Way back when during my early speculation I actually was so excited that he could be put in that I even made a Fan moveset for him:

Ground Moves

Normal

Neutral Attack – Slashes his spear in front of him, brings it back with another slash, jabs it forward like a stab. Very quick in succession, first slash does 2%, the second does 4%, then the final jab does 5% for a total of 11%.

Forward Tilt – Jabs his spear forward quickly, sliding a little forward and stretching his arms as he does it. This has the longest range of all his tilts and has above average knockback, although it only deals 6%.

Up Tilt – pushes the hilt of his spear up, the sharp tip of it teetering on his finger, below average knockback, but deals 9%.

Down Tilt – Thrusts his spear low towards him, landing it in the ground diagonally. Very fast start up but with some end lag, this deals 4% although it will push even sparsely damaged characters into the air to some degree, good for setting up combos.

Dash Attack – Plants spear on ground in front of him (non-damaging) and flings self-forwards for a kick, pushing against the spear for momentum. Significant lag afterword’s, though it compensates with above average knockback, deals 6%

Smash

Side Smash – Starts with spear in hand behind him, he swings it towards the direction of the smash (Right or Left) quickly, making a semicircle. Great reach for his size, it has more start up lag than normal but minimal end lag. Opponents behind him when the smash starts will be hit (Marginally however, dealing 6% no charge 15% full charge) landing the smash on the tip of the spear will increase damage and knockback, while hitting on the inside of the tip deals less damage. It deals 9% (no charge inside the tip) 17% (Full charge inside the tip) 14% (no charge on the tip) or 23% (Full charge on the tip)

Up Smash – Plants spear firmly on the ground, and then thrusts his body upwards on the spear in a huge kick. Above average range for an up smash, although it has a very punishable end lag, it deals 13% with no charge and 18.5% fully charged

Down Smash – Spins multiple circles holding his sear out, this is his best smash, it has minimal start up and end lag, as well as dealing good damage, excellent knockback and having average reach. It deals 17% uncharged, 24.9% charged, it should be advised though that he is completely vulnerable to any attacks coming from the air or projectiles during this attack.

Other

Ledge attack – Flings self over ledge, extending his foot into a kick. This deals very little damage, though it slides foes backwards impressively, 6% inflicted to those right on the edge, 4% inflicted to others very close by.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial – Slashes his spear in the air, incredibly fast startup, but low knockback, it deals 7%.

Forward Aerial – performs multiple front flips, spear out, Similar to Pikachu’s neutral aerial, though it has better reach and knockback, deals 13%.

Back Aerial –Thrusts the hilt of his spear behind him, hitting foes with it, like most of his aerials this has very little startup time, although it inflicts surprising knockback at the cost of inflicted damage, 5% to be precise.

Up Aerial – Lightly throws spear upwards a short distance, then catches it again, this is his best aerial KO move, being able to reliably KO a foe at a little less than 160%. Speedy startup and decent damage, the downside is its impressive ending lag, making it ill-suited to be used in the middle of long combo’s, it deals 16% with straight up knockback.

Down Aerial – Puts his spear below him and falls slowly, similar to link and Toon links down air, except much floatier, this move it effective in slowing descent and discouraging up smashes. It deals 13% initially, and can repeatedly bounce off of foes, dealing 9% for each additional bounce until the attack ends.

Grabs & Throws

Pummel – hits opponent with hilt of spear, deals 2% damage, but is easy to string together at least 3 hits before an opponent can escape.

Forward Throw – Puts the hilt of his spear into the opponents Torso, pushing them back and dealing damage. Fast, not particularly powerful but with impressive knockback, deals 4-7%

Back Throw – Tosses foe behind him, then spins around and slashes them with his spear. Quick and powerful but with significant end lag, deals 13%

Up Throw – Tosses foe upwards a short distance, swipes at them 3 times with his spear quickly then thrusts his spear upwards, launching them. Some start up lag, and significant end lag, though it makes up for it with an effective KO for enemies with a little less than 130% and significant knockback and damage for most other foes, deals 14%

Down Throw – Slams opponent onto the ground, then smashes the hilt of his spear onto them, this has almost nonexistent start up lag, coupled with surprising damage, but it hindered by it measly knockback and end lag that bad enough to give the player that was just thrown a moment to attack, deals 18%

Taunts

Up Taunt – Puts his spear to his side and salutes, as if he was saluting Dedede.

Down Taunt – Plants his spear firmly on the ground and puffs out chest trying to look tough, but stumbles and falls backwards comically.

Side Taunt – Places hilt of spear on his finger and tries to hold it up, but it quickly falls to the ground and he embarrassingly scrambles to pick it back up.

Special Moves

Standard Special Move: Super Star – Bandana Dee produces a star from his pocket (or wherever he keeps stuff x_x) similar in appearance to a player Kirby has spit out (in star form). The star grows bigger the longer he holds it in preparation of throwing it, when it reaches its max size he automatically puts it away. The star can be thrown on the ground or in the air at opponents, dealing damage and knocking foes upward into the air. It deals between 10% (no charge) and 25% (Fully charged)

Side Special Move: Throwing Spear - Throws a spear horizontally to the direction he is facing, if the spear comes into contact with a foe it will do 8% damage, and can hit a foe multiple times (Maximum of 3)

Up Special Move: Spear Copter – He spins his spear above his head, and it functions like a helicopter, it functions similar to R.O.B.’s recovery in brawl. Foes will be damaged (4% per hit) if they come in contact with the spear as it spins.

Down Special Move: Spear Storm – He thrusts his spear quickly 5 times in whatever direction he was facing then does a large, more damaging swipe to finish, with each consecutive hit dealing more damage (2% first, 5% second, 6% third, 6% fourth, 7% fifth, and then 10% for the final blow)

Final Smash: Waddle Dee stampede – Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward like he is pointing at something, and all foes that the spear touches as he does this are effected, then (In a manner like Captain Falcons Final smash) they are brought to dream land where a giant army of waddle dees attack, trampling them, dealing 50% damage with medium knockback.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Standard Special Move: Super Star – Bandana Dee produces a star from his pocket (or wherever he keeps stuff x_x) similar in appearance to a player Kirby has spit out (in star form). The star grows bigger the longer he holds it in preparation of throwing it, when it reaches its max size he automatically puts it away. The star can be thrown on the ground or in the air at opponents, dealing damage and knocking foes upward into the air. It deals between 10% (no charge) and 25% (Fully charged)
I hold my breath reading that xD awesome.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I've been working on some trophy descriptions on characters or things I want referenced in Smash. Here's three that relate; Magolor's has a spoiler regarding his role in Return to Dream Land.

Bandana Waddle Dee
At first glance, this warrior from Dream Land may seem like your average Waddle Dee. However, this particular one has risen over the rest and has become King Dedede's most trusted underling. Wearing nothing more than a blue bandana and supreme skills with the spear, this Waddle Dee proves to be another one of Dream Land’s greatest champions. Rumor has it he also helped Kirby and friends recover the Crystal Shards long ago, could it be true…?

Masked Dedede
Fed up with constantly losing to long-time rival Kirby, King Dedede swore revenge and trained to become an even more formidable foe than ever before. When he gets the Smash Ball, this vengeful urge fills his veins once again. In this form, he wields the fearsome Dedede Hammer that can shoot rockets, scorch foes with a flamethrower, and deliver shocking strikes. King Dedede proves that revenge isn’t always best served cold.

Magolor
A mysterious alien that crashed landed one day in Dream Land. His ship, the Lor Starcutter, has been broken up into five pieces. Always happy to help, Kirby and friends set out all over Pop Star to get them back. However, upon fixing the Lor and visiting Magolor's home world, his true colors are revealed. Wanting nothing more to rule the universe with the almighty Master Crown, Kirby and his allies battle him for the fate of the universe! Aftewards, seemingly turning a new leaf after surviving the ordeal, Magolor befriends Kirby and opens a theme park to apologize.

Awesome!
Add me as a supporter.

I've wanted the Dee in Smash even before E3 2013, and I will be more than elated in his reveal.

Good luck to you guys ~

Edit: Is there a supporter list? I don't see one.
If you voted "YES" in the poll, you are automatically a supporter :D
Thanks for your support!
How did I not find this thread Sooner!? I TOTALLY support Bandana Dee for playability, he is honestly one of my top 3 that haven't already been announced ( 1. Ridley 2. Bowser Jr. 3. Bandana Dee)

Way back when during my early speculation I actually was so excited that he could be put in that I even made a Fan moveset for him:

Ground Moves

Normal

Neutral Attack – Slashes his spear in front of him, brings it back with another slash, jabs it forward like a stab. Very quick in succession, first slash does 2%, the second does 4%, then the final jab does 5% for a total of 11%.

Forward Tilt – Jabs his spear forward quickly, sliding a little forward and stretching his arms as he does it. This has the longest range of all his tilts and has above average knockback, although it only deals 6%.

Up Tilt – pushes the hilt of his spear up, the sharp tip of it teetering on his finger, below average knockback, but deals 9%.

Down Tilt – Thrusts his spear low towards him, landing it in the ground diagonally. Very fast start up but with some end lag, this deals 4% although it will push even sparsely damaged characters into the air to some degree, good for setting up combos.

Dash Attack – Plants spear on ground in front of him (non-damaging) and flings self-forwards for a kick, pushing against the spear for momentum. Significant lag afterword’s, though it compensates with above average knockback, deals 6%

Smash

Side Smash – Starts with spear in hand behind him, he swings it towards the direction of the smash (Right or Left) quickly, making a semicircle. Great reach for his size, it has more start up lag than normal but minimal end lag. Opponents behind him when the smash starts will be hit (Marginally however, dealing 6% no charge 15% full charge) landing the smash on the tip of the spear will increase damage and knockback, while hitting on the inside of the tip deals less damage. It deals 9% (no charge inside the tip) 17% (Full charge inside the tip) 14% (no charge on the tip) or 23% (Full charge on the tip)

Up Smash – Plants spear firmly on the ground, and then thrusts his body upwards on the spear in a huge kick. Above average range for an up smash, although it has a very punishable end lag, it deals 13% with no charge and 18.5% fully charged

Down Smash – Spins multiple circles holding his sear out, this is his best smash, it has minimal start up and end lag, as well as dealing good damage, excellent knockback and having average reach. It deals 17% uncharged, 24.9% charged, it should be advised though that he is completely vulnerable to any attacks coming from the air or projectiles during this attack.

Other

Ledge attack – Flings self over ledge, extending his foot into a kick. This deals very little damage, though it slides foes backwards impressively, 6% inflicted to those right on the edge, 4% inflicted to others very close by.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial – Slashes his spear in the air, incredibly fast startup, but low knockback, it deals 7%.

Forward Aerial – performs multiple front flips, spear out, Similar to Pikachu’s neutral aerial, though it has better reach and knockback, deals 13%.

Back Aerial –Thrusts the hilt of his spear behind him, hitting foes with it, like most of his aerials this has very little startup time, although it inflicts surprising knockback at the cost of inflicted damage, 5% to be precise.

Up Aerial – Lightly throws spear upwards a short distance, then catches it again, this is his best aerial KO move, being able to reliably KO a foe at a little less than 160%. Speedy startup and decent damage, the downside is its impressive ending lag, making it ill-suited to be used in the middle of long combo’s, it deals 16% with straight up knockback.

Down Aerial – Puts his spear below him and falls slowly, similar to link and Toon links down air, except much floatier, this move it effective in slowing descent and discouraging up smashes. It deals 13% initially, and can repeatedly bounce off of foes, dealing 9% for each additional bounce until the attack ends.

Grabs & Throws

Pummel – hits opponent with hilt of spear, deals 2% damage, but is easy to string together at least 3 hits before an opponent can escape.

Forward Throw – Puts the hilt of his spear into the opponents Torso, pushing them back and dealing damage. Fast, not particularly powerful but with impressive knockback, deals 4-7%

Back Throw – Tosses foe behind him, then spins around and slashes them with his spear. Quick and powerful but with significant end lag, deals 13%

Up Throw – Tosses foe upwards a short distance, swipes at them 3 times with his spear quickly then thrusts his spear upwards, launching them. Some start up lag, and significant end lag, though it makes up for it with an effective KO for enemies with a little less than 130% and significant knockback and damage for most other foes, deals 14%

Down Throw – Slams opponent onto the ground, then smashes the hilt of his spear onto them, this has almost nonexistent start up lag, coupled with surprising damage, but it hindered by it measly knockback and end lag that bad enough to give the player that was just thrown a moment to attack, deals 18%

Taunts

Up Taunt – Puts his spear to his side and salutes, as if he was saluting Dedede.

Down Taunt – Plants his spear firmly on the ground and puffs out chest trying to look tough, but stumbles and falls backwards comically.

Side Taunt – Places hilt of spear on his finger and tries to hold it up, but it quickly falls to the ground and he embarrassingly scrambles to pick it back up.

Special Moves

Side Special Move: Throwing Spear - Throws a spear horizontally to the direction he is facing, if the spear comes into contact with a foe it will do 8% damage, and can hit a foe multiple times (Maximum of 3)

Up Special Move: Spear Copter – He spins his spear above his head, and it functions like a helicopter, it functions similar to R.O.B.’s recovery in brawl. Foes will be damaged (4% per hit) if they come in contact with the spear as it spins.

Down Special Move: Spear Storm – He thrusts his spear quickly 5 times in whatever direction he was facing then does a large, more damaging swipe to finish, with each consecutive hit dealing more damage (2% first, 5% second, 6% third, 6% fourth, 7% fifth, and then 10% for the final blow)

Final Smash: Waddle Dee stampede – Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward like he is pointing at something, and all foes that the spear touches as he does this are effected, then (In a manner like Captain Falcons Final smash) they are brought to dream land where a giant army of waddle dees attack, trampling them, dealing 50% damage with medium knockback.
Thanks for your support!
Can I add this moveset to the OP? :D

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Ground Moves

Normal

Smash

Other

Aerial Attacks

Grabs & Throws

Taunts

Special Moves

You probably didn't find this sooner because it is listed as "Waddle Dee" instead of "Bandana Dee" in the listings for some reason.

Bandana Waddle Dee

Masked Dedede

Magolor

My headcannon says that Bandana Dee was the Waddle Dee that helped Kirby in Kirby and the Crystal Shards, so I would giggle with glee so much from that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom