• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Staarih

Smash Master
I have newfound hope for Bandanna Dee. There's been evidence for his inclusion before but the fact that Fire Emblem of all franchises gets 4 characters in Smash should warrant Kirby getting 4 too. And it's pretty obvious the next in line after Kirby, Dedede and MK is Bandanna Dee, unless Sakurai decides to go all random on us. I have faith.

I've noticed almost every character support thread mention August being the perfect month for revealing *instert character here*, be it an anniversary or whatever haha! I wonder who we'll end up seeing...

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Although, I sometimes feel like we as a community, pay more attention then sakurai does... But hey, F-zero and FE had anniversaries this week, and there is the Kirby anniversary as well. With his b-day coming up, why not show of a trailer of his first franchise? Kirby. Sakurai made Kirby at the age of 19 occording to Wikipedia... So why not show how far he has come? With a new Kirby character? THE LOR STARCUTTER!!! F*** YA! oh, possibly bandana dee too... But whatevs...

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
my gosh guys, i go to sleep for a few hours and you post like 3 new pages! It's always awesome to see this much bandana support

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
my gosh guys, i go to sleep for a few hours and you post like 3 new pages! It's always awesome to see this much bandana support
Ever since I first touched "Return To Dreamland" I have wanted Bandana Dee in smash. I created this account, just to create a thread I spread my love. Only to find that one was already here. I'm not alone. No chance of being shunned for odd characters... 0.0

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The little Guy's chances just shot up after Monday. If Fire Emblem can have four characters then nothing's stopping the spear toting Bandana Dee from making an appearance.

Fire Emblem does have the advantage of having more games but that argument is void because both of the newcomers are from the same one.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Well, something exciting and Smash-related is definitely going to be happening next month. No doubting that.

But right now, I personally think Bandana Dee's chances are the highest they've ever been. As far as I'm concerned, he never had much pulling him backward, whereas he's been steadily increasing over various hints that have been given. First King Dedede throws Gordos instead of Waddle Dees, then FE gets four reps, and Meta Knight and a new Kirby stage haven't been revealed yet for some strange reason.. Hmm...:)

Anyways, if we're getting him unveiled prior to the game's release, then we're undoubtedly getting him next month, whether it be through the Corocoro "leak" (Which I honestly wouldn't prefer because if he gets a trailer more hype would be generated for his reveal) OR through a Nintendo Direct where he would be relevant to have his trailer shown right after Iwata gives us more information on the Rainbow Curse, since, you know, he's got an expected large role in that game based on the artwork.

So, we'll see. It could be someone else, but like I said, right now just seems like the perfect time. Hopefully Bandana Dee can spear his way into the battle at some point soon!

EDIT: Remember when I said Meta Knight could appear in Bandana Dee's trailer at the start? Well, I made an ideal music/scene mash-up that I think would work perfectly for his part:

http://youtubedoubler.com/cXIL

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Since the Halberd's back, I think it's safe to say Meta Knight is coming back.

But yes, BD's chances are higher than even. Plus, Chrom is now out of the way for a spear fighter. :smirk: There's only really one person left to fight with a spear!

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Let's make transcripts for what we think the Bandana Dee trailer will be like!:
  • The Smash Fire thing appears like it always does when a Newcomer is about to get revealed.
  • Fades to black.
  • Opens on a small hill with Cookie Country playing.
  • Kirby appears! With a picnic basket?
  • Kirby squints and looks out into the distance.
  • The camera pans over to a Waddle Dee about to stab something into the ground.
  • The camera zooms out to see he is stabbing a spear into a blue sheet.
  • Kirby and the Waddle Dee are about to start the picnic on the blue sheet.
  • The Waddle Dee is about to put a piece of cake in his "mouth?"
  • But before that can happen, the ground shakes and Halberd appears from the sky! The ground shaken causes Waddle Dee and Kirby to drop their cake.
  • Meta Knight slashes through!
  • Kirby is angry and is about to fight, but the sheet is swept from under his feet! The camera pans to the right aaaand.....
  • Bandana Dee Gets the Point!
  • Clips of Bandana Dee and Meta Knight fighting.
  • Goes back to cinematic. Bandana Dee and Meta Knight are tired....
  • Kirby takes out 3 more pieces of cake from his basket and shows it to Bandana Dee and Meta Knight.
  • Kirby eats ALL of the cake!
  • Both Bandana Dee and Meta Knight chase after Kirby.
  • Fin/

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Let's make transcripts for what we think the Bandana Dee trailer will be like!:
  • The Smash Fire thing appears like it always does when a Newcomer is about to get revealed.
  • Fades to black.
  • Opens on a small hill with Cookie Country playing.
  • Kirby appears! With a picnic basket?
  • Kirby squints and looks out into the distance.
  • The camera pans over to a Waddle Dee about to stab something into the ground.
  • The camera zooms out to see he is stabbing a spear into a blue sheet.
  • Kirby and the Waddle Dee are about to start the picnic on the blue sheet.
  • The Waddle Dee is about to put a piece of cake in his "mouth?"
  • But before that can happen, the ground shakes and Halberd appears from the sky! The ground shaken causes Waddle Dee and Kirby to drop their cake.
  • Meta Knight slashes through!
  • Kirby is angry and is about to fight, but the sheet is swept from under his feet! The camera pans to the right aaaand.....
  • Bandana Dee Gets the Point!
  • Clips of Bandana Dee and Meta Knight fighting.
  • Goes back to cinematic. Bandana Dee and Meta Knight are tired....
  • Kirby takes out 3 more pieces of cake from his basket and shows it to Bandana Dee and Meta Knight.
  • Kirby eats ALL of the cake!
  • Both Bandana Dee and Meta Knight chase after Kirby.
  • Fin/
I dunno if they would have the main focus be food, as this is a smash bros game. Sure Kirby deals with good a lot, but it isn't very smash related. I feel that he will have a battling cutscene, and not over food. But at the same time, I don't really know. You could be right...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I dunno if they would have the main focus be food, as this is a smash bros game. Sure Kirby deals with good a lot, but it isn't very smash related. I feel that he will have a battling cutscene, and not over food. But at the same time, I don't really know. You could be right...
Kirby is all about food, and I wanted it to be silly and cute. :3

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I feel like Meta Knight should have been revealed already. Maybe he IS in a trailer? Though, it could be more of a Captain Falcon scenario.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I feel like Meta Knight should have been revealed already. Maybe he IS in a trailer? Though, it could be more of a Captain Falcon scenario.
I mean, when else to reveal him right? Along with Bandana Dee is a perfect time to do it.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Just Imagine the next trailer meta knight and Bandana dee on the halberd with an other newcomer fighting it out while Kirby invades the Halberd.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I asked on Miiverse about what they thought about BWD being a character and this is what I got:

I'm going to respond with all of the points made in the OP.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I asked on Miiverse about what they thought about BWD being a character and this is what I got:

I'm going to respond with all of the points made in the OP.
Link to page please. I'd like to add my thoughts to those people.

And please do throw in the OP points. We need more people to know that Bandana is way more than what this moron idiot guy here thinks.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I wish I was good at drawing, so I could make a kickass picture of Bandana Dee, and just watch people hate. The second Bandana Dee is out, I'm playing as no one but him and greninja for a LONG time...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I suggest not making a big deal out of that Miiverse post here. We're bound to tun into detractors some time or the other.

I can't deny that his arguments are really bad though. (>_>)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I suggest not making a big deal out of that Miiverse post here. We're bound to tun into detractors some time or the other.

Yeah, let's drop it. We've all got our points across, I'm leaving it.

(I'm Kegan by the way.)

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339

I agree. I think we only need to care if some starts detracting on this specific thread and not on other parts of the internet. Not to mention, Miiverse is full of casuals anyway. It's not worth it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I agree. I think we only need to care if some starts detracting on this specific thread and not on other parts of the internet. Not to mention, Miiverse is full of mindless, picky, perverted morons anyway. It's not worth it.
Fixed it for you.
Anywho, back on topic.
What do you think Bandana Dee's "Theme" would be?
Y'know, what song would suit Bandana Dee the most?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I agree. I think we only need to care if some starts detracting on this specific thread and not on other parts of the internet. Not to mention, Miiverse is full of casuals anyway. It's not worth it.
I know. I was just showing how much of a "Bad Miiverse Post" you can really get in the end of the day. :laugh:

Probably Waddle Dee Tank.

While that would probably be the most fitting in the sense of relevance to Bandana Waddle Dee himself, if we're predicting Meta Knight to be there as well in the trailer, they should probably make it more of a popular theme for the Kirby series as a whole, like Fountain of Dreams, Hypernova theme, etc.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Thanks. Just so you know, I'm Shane.
I find that Casuals bit rather offensive, actually. Not all of us casuals are that bad, it's just the stupid ones who think they deserve whichever character is the "coolest". Black and Red is just the bestest calorrs evar, dunchuh no?
What do you think the Wii U Kirby stage will be like?
Probably something straight out of Return To Dreamland, such as Another Dimension. In the 3DS case, I'd say something like Fountain of Dreams. Hopefully......

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Oddly for some franchises we haven't seen equal representation for both systems (Wily Castle on 3DS?) with the exception of some series like Mario/Zelda that are more popular, but since Kirby is pretty big I would expect to see:

Queen Sectonia's Castle on the 3DS with Taranza as a stage hazard

and

Either Cookie Country or Another Dimension with the Lor Starcutter appearing from time to time.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What do you think the Wii U Kirby stage will be like?
I would personally like Nebula Belt from Kirby Air Ride as a Stage.
Maybe have different colored Kirbys on different Air Ride Vehicles driving by, maybe with a Black/Carbon Kirby on the Hydra speeding by rarely, causing big damage.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Oddly for some franchises we haven't seen equal representation for both systems (Wily Castle on 3DS?) with the exception of some series like Mario/Zelda that are more popular, but since Kirby is pretty big I would expect to see:

Queen Sectonia's Castle on the 3DS with Taranza as a stage hazard

and

Either Cookie Country or Another Dimension with the Lor Starcutter appearing from time to time.
I dunno if Lor would be in Another Dimension, as Halberd already has the ship theme...

Maikou

Smash Ace
I would personally like Nebula Belt from Kirby Air Ride as a Stage.
Maybe have different colored Kirbys on different Air Ride Vehicles driving by, maybe with a Black/Carbon Kirby on the Hydra speeding by rarely, causing big damage.
YES! THIS! THIS! YES!
I dunno if Lor would be in Another Dimension, as Halberd already has the ship theme...
I believe that was meant as Stage Hazard/Boss.

Top Bottom