• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm almost certain now, that the next trailer is gonna be bandana dee. Sakurai's b-day, his first creation is kirby, kirby anniversary coming up, MK not shown yet. It all makes sense! You better believe wehn the august direct comes, im gonna be sitting on my computer waiting to make the Bandana Dee Main-ers thread :3

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Bandana Dee has come a long way in my heart. He started off being a very minor want, but quickly climbed to my top 5.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait, Sakurai refrenced FINAL FANTASY?
Black Mage may not be in the game, but I am happy now.
EDIT:
Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes.
After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A.
In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.
However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!

Well, we can have different Characters as Alternate Costumes.
...GALACTA KNIGHT CAN HAPPEN NOW.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Wait, Sakurai refrenced FINAL FANTASY?
Black Mage may not be in the game, but I am happy now.
EDIT:
Well, we can have different Characters as Alternate Costumes.
...GALACTA KNIGHT CAN HAPPEN NOW.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
Don't forget Dark Meta Knight... Yeah, nothing can top Galacta Night.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Got some more trophy descriptions!

Waddle Dee (64)
One member of the Waddle Dee race, who came across one of the Crystal Shards while on a stroll. Unfortunately, he gets attacked by the evil Dark Matter and is morphed into a Waddle Doo. However, Kirby manages to chase away the Dark Matter from him and he joins Kirby and Ribbon on their quest. His specialty was providing transportation in some levels; in a bobsleigh, a minecart, and even a wooden crate. It has been said he would later don a blue bandana and continue adventuring.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64, 06/2000)

Adeleine
A young aspiring artist who traveled with Kirby and friends on their quest to collect the Crystal Shards. One day, she was painting on the edge of a quiet forest when one of the Shards fell from the sky. She was quickly ambushed by Dark Matter and crossed swords with Kirby. Kirby managed to purify her of Dark Matter's influence and she joined Kirby and allies as thanks. Using her magic paintbrush and easel, her specialty was painting objects to help Kirby or painting hints to help him solve puzzles.

Ribbon
A fairy from the distant planet known as Ripple Star. One day, Ripple Star is invaded by the nefarious Dark Matter, causing her flee with the planet's powerful crystal. Unfortunately, Dark Matter gives chase and breaks the great crystal into shards, scattering them over several planets. But luck would be on her side, as she crash lands on Pop Star and meets Kirby. Together, they meet other allies and work together to get all the Crystal Shards back to chase off Dark Matter once and for all.

Prince Fluff
The prince of Patch Land, a world where everything is made seemingly of craft supplies. The mischievous sorcerer Yin-Yarn broke Patch Land into pieces and then used his magic to dump Kirby off there. Prince Fluff would then meet Kirby, and the two heroes joined forces to find the Magic Yarn to stitch Patch Land back together. Being made of yarn, Fluff can transform into a variety of objects to save the day.

Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii, 10/2010)

Necrodeus
The nefarious leader of the Skull Gang. Necrodeus wants nothing more to purge the universe into eternal darkness. His plans start with Pop Star, as he uses a magic spell to split Kirby into 10 pieces. Necrodeus quickly destroys 9 of these weak Kirbys, but accidentally leaves one Kirby alive. This lone Kirby manages to gather his courage, and venture through the Popopo Islands to get himself back together. In the end, Necrodeus' darkness is vanquished by the light of the 10 Kirbys.

Kirby Mass Attack (DS, 09/2011)

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Just to let you know, Waddle Dees in Smash Run have no effect or relevance to Bandana Dee as a fighter. Because of the sole factor that BANDANA DEE CAN KILL REGULAR WADDLE DEES IN RTD.:)

Now, with that out of the way, I wanted to point something sort of interesting out. (Sorry if this is blurry.)

This is an image I took from the 3DS version trailer shown at E3. It shows off many different fighters, Assist Trophies, Pokemon, and items, etc.
Of course, characters that hadn't been revealed prior to the video being shown are kept secret and not shown. (Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Pac-Man, etc.)
But there's just one thing. Bandana Waddle Dee is nowhere to be found.

I know I'm probably looking into something like this too deeply, but think about it. Other characters that have been requested are there if you look around. So with that in mind, I feel we can eliminate him from getting some sort of small role like a stage hazard. Because, if you think about it, Kamek is a stage hazard on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage, but he's still shown. If there was a Kirby U stage, don't you think he would get shown at this point? Like I said, I know this is a little thing but it's still pretty interesting in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Just to let you know, Waddle Dees in Smash Run have no effect or relevance to Bandana Dee as a fighter. Because of the sole factor that BANDANA DEE CAN KILL REGULAR WADDLE DEES IN RTD.:)

Now, with that out of the way, I wanted to point something sort of interesting out. (Sorry if this is blurry.)

This is an image I took from the 3DS version trailer shown at E3. It shows off many different fighters, Assist Trophies, Pokemon, and items, etc.
Of course, characters that hadn't been revealed prior to the video being shown are kept secret and not shown. (Palutena, Robin, Lucina, Pac-Man, etc.)
But there's just one thing. Bandana Waddle Dee is nowhere to be found.

I know I'm probably looking into something like this too deeply, but think about it. Other characters that have been requested are there if you look around. So with that in mind, I feel we can eliminate him from getting some sort of small role like a stage hazard. Because, if you think about it, Kamek is a stage hazard on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage, but he's still shown. If there was a Kirby U stage, don't you think he would get shown at this point? Like I said, I know this is a little thing but it's still pretty interesting in my opinion.
I donkt think you should think too deeply about BD not being shown, because if he was shown, that would make everyone go insane :)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Facts:
  • Bandana Dee is by far the most likely character if Sakurai decided he wants a 4th Kirby Rep.
  • We have not seen a hint of Bandana Dee anywhere in Smash.
  • King Dedede doesn't throw Waddle Dees anymore, and we don't know his Final Smash.
  • Anniversaries that relate to Kirby and Sakurai are coming next month.
  • Bandana Dee has a big role in the 2015 Kirby Game.
  • Kirby Fighters Z hasn't been announced in America yet. (Could be announced alongside Bandana Dee)
  • No Meta Knight, possible trailer with Bandana Dee.
  • No Wii U Kirby stage, could be shown with Bandana Dee's reveal.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Even if he was shown, that wouldn't decomfirm him yet, as other playable characters are there. It would actually be kind of funny if BD flew in under the radar.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Even if he was shown, that wouldn't decomfirm him yet, as other playable characters are there. It would actually be kind of funny if BD flew in under the radar.
That may be true, but those were the ones that were already revealed. Not the playable ones that got announced after.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay, so apparently I missed the news about Bandana Dee showing up in Rainbow Curse. As I posted in the character thread, this makes four Kirby titles Bandana Dee has been in since inception: Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby's Dream Collection, Kirby's Triple Deluxe, and now Kirby's Rainbow Curse. Of course, the case can be made the "good Waddle Dee" trope existed well before, but speaking on strictly a character basis BD is getting promoted well beyond Return to Dreamland.

I want to believe.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Okay, so apparently I missed the news about Bandana Dee showing up in Rainbow Curse. As I posted in the character thread, this makes four Kirby titles Bandana Dee has been in since inception: Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby's Dream Collection, Kirby's Triple Deluxe, and now Kirby's Rainbow Curse. Of course, the case can be made the "good Waddle Dee" trope existed well before, but speaking on strictly a character basis BD is getting promoted well beyond Return to Dreamland.

I want to believe.
Yay! Another supporter!

D

Deleted member

For a while now, I've been against the idea of Bandana Dee...but after a long while, I've decided to give in & support.
So, count me in? Or whatever? :idea:

Have this in the mean time

(Anyone that wants me to make more 3D renders of him, feel free to ask me)

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Here are some colors I made. I'm not a master with Photoshop, but you can understand what colors are what.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Kind of like the idea of a white Bandana Dee with a black bandana. The white body can be a throwback to the old Game Boy pallete similarly to Kirby's white color in Smash.

Since the pallete count for each character is possibly going up, I think a white on black color should definitely be in the mix.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Kind of like the idea of a white Bandana Dee with a black bandana. The white body can be a throwback to the old Game Boy pallete similarly to Kirby's white color in Smash.
Oh yeah, duh. All of the Kirby characters have a monochrome skin.

Done:

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
The silence around kirby related stuff in smash really sends a message that something is up. It is beyond odd we havn't seen even a little bit, as stated already.

No info, in it's own way, is some sort of info. Something kirby related is comming i feel, let's just hope that thing is bandana

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I feel we won't be seeing Bandana in a trailer...

Because he will be secret :troll:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
The silence around kirby related stuff in smash really sends a message that something is up. It is beyond odd we havn't seen even a little bit, as stated already.

No info, in it's own way, is some sort of info. Something kirby related is comming i feel, let's just hope that thing is bandana
well, the rosalina trailer was a little kirby centered... but thats all...

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Are you guys using the colors of Bandana Dee from the Rainbow Curse as alternate colors?

Also, if Sailor Dee is an alternate costume, would he still have the spear as a weapon?

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Here are some colors I made. I'm not a master with Photoshop, but you can understand what colors are what.
This looks amazing!

And so does this! Probably the best one out of all of them! Really like the way you referenced Kirby and King DDD's monochromatic days in Kirby's Dream Land! (BTW, for those who don't know, it's Kirby's first game ever!:b:) It's almost as if Bandana Dee's been around since the beginning!

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

To be fair there has been a conspicuous absence of Donkey Kong and Star Fox content as well.

Are you guys using the colors of Bandana Dee from the Rainbow Curse as alternate colors?

Also, if Sailor Dee is an alternate costume, would he still have the spear as a weapon?
Yes. The only thing is I think the "Teal" palette is more "Seafoam Green".

Speaking of the B. Dee alternate colors. Does anyone get an "Amazing Mirror" vibe from the Rainbow Curse artwork?

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I envy the optimism that you guys have... That is, I would If I knew that I wouldn't be setting myself up for dissappointment. (just look at my signature to see how this smash is going for me character wise)
EDIT: fine signature, don't show up, see what I care.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I was thinking of an alternate red palette similar to the Parasol Waddle Dee helper from Kirby Super Star:

Compare to the normal orange colored one from Super Star Ultra which is closer to BD's default color:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I am so hyped for the possibility for BD being in the game... Though I hope he is secret, so it's that much more of a surprise.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I am so hyped for the possibility for BD being in the game... Though I hope he is secret, so it's that much more of a surprise.
Hm, I wouldn't mind that. But I would definitely prefer a trailer more, with him and Meta Knight.

Since Kirby is basically Sakurai's "baby" so to speak, and he's really given a lot of attention to Kid Icarus, it's weird little to none was given about Kirby.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
What percentage of a chance do you think BD has currently? I'd say about

75-80%

How about you guys?

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Top Bottom