• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I know Leaks are you jam bro, but I can't trust it. The ability to turn on and off L-Canceling and Wavedashing seems insane, and I would eat an invisible hat if that came true.
I agree, but he got a lot right such as Chrom not being in, Rayman being in, then scrapped for a trophy. I'm not saying believe it, but I thought the fans in the thread would be interested

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I agree, but he got a lot right such as Chrom not being in, Rayman being in, then scrapped for a trophy. I'm not saying believe it, but I thought the fans in the thread would be interested
...The thing that gets me is that he guessed both Robin and Lucina as an alt. That seems so insane, and no one has ever guessed that before.

I'm shaking in my boots bro.....I really want Bandana Dee to be real.....

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, we've got some good news to keep our hopes high. Real or not, it's nice to have a leak with BD in it. :p

Anyways, all this talk of his Final Smashes got me inspired to write some trophy descriptions of what I think it might be. I have a few ideas of my own, but I took in some ideas from the rest of you.

Megaton Punch
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. Long ago, Waddle Dee was the first opponent Kirby would face in the Megaton Punch competition. Since he lacked proper skills, he was often a pushover in the event compared to Knuckle Joe and Iron Mam. With years of training and his power amplified by the Smash Ball, Waddle Dee's bringing back a powerful punch that shakes even the fabric of the planet.

Kirby Super Star (SNES, 09/1996)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS (2014)

Waddle Doom
(Inspired by Waddle Dee's boss battle in 64)
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. Upon activating the Smash Ball, Waddle Dee holds a Crystal Shard high into the air... and then is attacked by the wicked Dark Matter! He's quickly morphed into a Waddle Doo. Under Dark Matter's evil influence, Waddle Doo can fire high power beams with no remorse. However, the Dark Matter within him will flee if he gets hurt too much, giving him less time in this powerful form. Spacing yourself from your opponents is the key of this dark Final Smash.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64, 06/2000)

Flare Beam
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. One of Kirby's many Super Abilites from his adventure to fix the Lor Starcutter is now in the hands of Waddle Dee! With a mighty staff, Waddle Dee can summon a ball of energy to control remotely. However, since he has to focus on controlling this powerful attack, he leaves himself open to attack to those who can get close. You may want to position Waddle Dee in a safe area of the map so you can focus on frying everyone in your path.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii, 10/2011)

Waddle Dee Army
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, this technique was used by King Dedede. However, the King has passed the torch to his #1 subject. Being the elite Waddle Dee, the grunts of the Waddle Dee army are happy to serve their blue-clad leader just as they would serve their King. However, only his fellow Waddle Dee's show up this time. The Gordos and Waddle Doo's of the past are nowhere to be found. Where could they have gone...?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii, 03/2008)

Waddle Tank
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. Like Star Fox's Landmaster, this big tank is a force to be reckoning with. However, unlike the Landmaster, this giant tank can only rove on the ground. It will also break if it takes enough damage. The best way to use this tank is to trap your opponents in a tight space or on flat stages were there's no escape. Also, your opponents may also temporary form a truce to break your tank, so it might be best to separate them with this tank's mighty missiles.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Well, we've got some good news to keep our hopes high. Real or not, it's nice to have a leak with BD in it. :p

Anyways, all this talk of his Final Smashes got me inspired to write some trophy descriptions of what I think it might be. I have a few ideas of my own, but I took in some ideas from the rest of you.

Megaton Punch
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. Long ago, Waddle Dee was the first opponent Kirby would face in the Megaton Punch competition. Since he lacked proper skills, he was often a pushover in the event compared to Knuckle Joe and Iron Mam. With years of training and his power amplified by the Smash Ball, Waddle Dee's bringing back a powerful punch that shakes even the fabric of the planet.

Kirby Super Star (SNES, 09/1996)

Waddle Doom
(Inspired by Waddle Dee's boss battle in 64)
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. Upon activating the Smash Ball, Waddle Dee holds a Crystal Shard high into the air... and then is attacked by the wicked Dark Matter! He's quickly morphed into a Waddle Doo. Under Dark Matter's evil influence, Waddle Doo can fire high power beams with no remorse. However, the Dark Matter within him will flee if he gets hurt too much, giving him less time in this powerful form. Spacing yourself from your opponents is the key of this dark Final Smash.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64, 06/2000)

Flare Beam
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. One of Kirby's many Super Abilites from his adventure to fix the Lor Starcutter is now in the hands of Waddle Dee! With a mighty staff, Waddle Dee can summon a ball of energy to control remotely. However, since he has to focus on controlling this powerful attack, he leaves himself open to attack to those who can get close. You may want to position Waddle Dee in a safe area of the map so you can focus on frying everyone in your path.

Waddle Dee Army
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, this technique was used by King Dedede. However, the King has passed the torch to his #1 subject. Being the elite Waddle Dee, the grunts of the Waddle Dee army are happy to serve their blue-clad leader just as they would serve their King. However, only his fellow Waddle Dee's show up this time. The Gordos and Waddle Doo's of the past are nowhere to be found. Where could they have gone...?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii, 03/2008)

Waddle Tank
Waddle Dee's Final Smash. Like Star Fox's Landmaster, this big tank is a force to be reckoning with. However, unlike the Landmaster, this giant tank can only rove on the ground. It will also break if it takes enough damage. The best way to use this tank is to trap your opponents in a tight space or on flat stages were there's no escape. Also, your opponents may also temporary form a truce to break your tank, so it might be best to separate them with this tank's mighty missiles.

I'm liking the megaton punch, but all the other ones you mention are either weak, turn him to a waddle doo (which I think is a bad idea), or leave him in the open to attacks. It seems like most of these aren't close to working, but I do enjoy the megaton idea. I'm sorry if this sounds negative, it doesnt mean to be. I'm just trying to show how these aren't the best options, but they are interesting. :D

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I do agree this leak looks pretty believable, and it's something im sure we all would want real, but as states yeah, let's not get to exited, after all we saw where trusting "True info" from past character confirmations and the like got us before. Let's wait for the next reveal and see if what he says holds up first before we give it credibility.Don't get me wrong this guy seems legit, very legit, but at the end of the day so was gematsu. So lets sit tight for now and cross our fingers.

Nice job on those trophy descriptions! They sound just like the real things would.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Gematsu has taught us not to place our faiths in leaks. I recommend approaching this one with the utmost of caution.

As for the final smash thing, I support Megaton Punch, its a nice callback to Bandana Dee's early days and could be quite useful.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'm liking the megaton punch, but all the other ones you mention are either weak, turn him to a waddle doo (which I think is a bad idea), or leave him in the open to attacks. It seems like most of these aren't close to working, but I do enjoy the megaton idea. I'm sorry if this sounds negative, it doesnt mean to be. I'm just trying to show how these aren't the best options, but they are interesting. :D
Positive criticism is always a good thing. My thing about Final Smashes is that they should have some sort of weakness. Like how some of them can miss completely.

D

Deleted member

I would be surprised if Bandana Dee was revealed in August. I guess we will have to wait and see before the Direct if Sal Romano has more stuff to say.
If anything, I either expect someone who's name will be known after the Direct or some character who would be revealed on purpose. (Shulk or Chrom)
I spelt Robin wrong! Oops!

Just so you guys know, Miahstorm, the most believeable leaker at the moment, just said bandanna dee is in and will be revealed next. He has the most going for him of any leaker, but could still just be getting lucky. I recommend reading the entire thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/leak.360830/
I wouldn't put too much stock into these leaks. But, seeing as how it has Shulk, Bandana Dee, and King K. Rool, I would be a happy man if this was real. That means all of my Elite Four is playable!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, according to this leak, it says BD is a fast character who can dish out a suprising amount of damage. However, he's easy (If not the easier) to KO. I guess that would classify him as a glass cannon.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I spelt Robin wrong! Oops!

I wouldn't put too much stock into these leaks. But, seeing as how it has Shulk, Bandana Dee, and King K. Rool, I would be a happy man if this was real. That means all of my Elite Four is playable!
So what Type does Bandana Dee use? Normal Type?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
My idea for a Bandanna Dee Moveset?

Bandanna Dee uses a spear. The Spearhead does good damage and good combo ability, but the rest of the spear is pathetically weak, forcing opponents to use Dee's mobility to land good attacks (I forgot to mention Dee has good dash speed, air speed, and fall speed to a degree).

Will make a moveset sometime soon.
(also count me as a supporter)

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
What if Bandana's hilt of the spear, has the same knockback as falco's lasers, and the tip of the spear works similar to marth's? This could make for great strategy, as your opponents may try to keep their distance, making it more likely to hit with the tip? I dunno, but it seems like it would be a cool mechanic :D

Neo Zero

I just hope we can actually see him soon....I don't want my heart to be broken about Bandana Dee again ;--;

Also just something I saw that's amazing, and I'd love if it was the theme of his reveal trailer (probably alone on this but, eh)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also just something I saw that's amazing, and I'd love if it was the theme of his reveal trailer (probably alone on this but, eh)

:joyful:
Downloaded. Man, this is 10x funnier than the other one.

Last edited:

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
For some reason I'm super hyped for next month I can almost guarantee that Bandana dee will be the next newcomer

LF2K

Floor Diver
Bandana Dee gets to the point!
Bandana Dee sticks it to 'em!
Bandana Dee breaks the mold! (You know, Megaton Punch. :p)

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
I think for a tag line will be hard but my guess is that the devs will make one to remember him by

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
I think for a tag line will be hard but my guess is that the devs will make one to remember him by
Maybe it could be like Lucina's :p

"Bandana Dee Waddles in!?!?"
"Bandana Dee gets to the point!?!?"
"Bandana Dee sticks it to 'em!?!?"
"Bandana Dee breaks the mold!?!?"

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Maybe it could be like Lucina's :p

"Bandana Dee Waddles in!?!?"
"Bandana Dee gets to the point!?!?"
"Bandana Dee sticks it to 'em!?!?"
"Bandana Dee breaks the mold!?!?"
I could see that sort of work idk it still feels a bit iffy

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Or maybe his intro line could be:

Makes sense, considering he's King Dedede's top guard.

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Wow I'm away for 2 days and there's so many new posts. great to see so much support and discussion for Bandana Dee.

regarding some of the earlier posts.

I think his final smash would either be the Megaton Punch, Dedede's old final smash (only cuter) or maybe riding around on Landia shooting at opponents.

as for his class I would guess he'd be a hybrid Zoner-Speedster. fast relentless attacks aimed at keeping the opponent in his ideal range

and as for the leak, I don't believe it, and I don't want it to be true (No Taka or Chibi? pass) but it is nice to see Bandana get included in someone's "leak"

I was checking out some of my old posts on Miiverse earlier and found this pic I drew ages ago, thought I'd share it here

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I imagine if we do get a Bandana Dee trailer soon it will focus on all the Kirby characters in a way like Robin's trailer highlighted the four Fire Emblem characters.

Neo Zero

I imagine if we do get a Bandana Dee trailer soon it will focus on all the Kirby characters in a way like Robin's trailer highlighted the four Fire Emblem characters.
This would be good

But part of me really wants Dedede to be left out, but while the CG parts are going on, he keeps trying to be the center of attention, only to fail miserably, culminating with him yelling at Kirby in the background as Bandana makes a cute pose.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I really hope we get a kirby newcomer, I think many people underestimate how large a franchise it really is and is certainly deserving of 4 reps.

Either way, if Bandana Dee isn't in this, I will consider him a Shoo-in for the next game.

D

Deleted member

Any of you guys feel hungry for a Banana Dee?!?

He he he....OK that wasn't clever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom