• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I know, but something about how he explains playable bosses frightens me. If we get one of those 2 trailers in August, then we may be out of luck...
No. We will not get another Gematsu. We will not get another Palutena leak. Lets just leave this alone and never speak of it again, just like anything else that comes out of GameFaqs.

Besides, according to this "leaker", all the characters in the game will be revealed before the game releases, leaving no surprise unlockables. Would Sakurai really do that?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Agreed, let's fix the pipe and don't bother with it.

That being said, we are nearing the Japanese release for the 3DS version. We probably won't get anything real or credible until the end of next month. So, time will tell. It's not over until the bitter end!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My guess about his chances is about 50%. Right in the middle. That doesn't stop me from dreaming and hoping for him though.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
In my relentless attempt to prove that this is just another BS "leak," I unwisingly dove further into the GameFaqs thread. It was not pretty.
However, I did unearth a reply from the supposed "leaker" that does discredit them considerably. And I quote:
For instance, the reason that each character has their own slot now (as opposed to Zelda and Sheik being in 1 slot) is because Nintendo as a whole apparently has been getting consistent flack that they focus too much on male characters and don't represent females enough in gaming. Iwata, supposedly, asked Sakurai directly to put more females in Smash, and Sakurai was confused, because he believed he already had a number of females. So he separated them out so that Sheik and Zero Suit Samus would have their own slots just to show that visibly.
Buzz! Wrong! Sheik and ZSS were given separate slots because it was difficult to program switchable characters into the 3ds version, so the concept was cut altogether. I rest my case.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I won't say a percentage, because I can't really predict what Sakurai has in mind. But I will say that BD is likely, more likely than most people think.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Is bandana dee the same waddle Dee as the waddle Dee in Kirby and the crystal shards? I love that character.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I wanna say 90%... Kirby is Sakurai's baby, Sakurai has fully acknowledged that bandana dee is one of the main 4 kirby characters, bandana is unique, there is a kirby anniversary when the event is supposed to occur, sakurai's b-day is when the direct should occur... Idk, it makes sense to me! :D

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee's chances are based whether Kirby gets a new rep or not, to me at least. I think that he has a better chance than most people give him credit for but he's not a shoo-in. Supporting Bandana Dee is a waiting game IMO - if he's not in Smash 4 then he'll be in Smash 5. HAL doesn't appear to have any plans to drop the character anytime soon.

And I would wager that Kid Icarus replaced Kirby as Sakurai's Baby. :p Remember that King Dedede and Meta Knight got in Brawl after Sakurai left HAL.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Sakurai is a troll, we'll probably get a Kirby 64 Wadlee Dee trophy and after the description: "Is he the same Waddle Dee that later became Bandana Dee?" And laugh at us for not confirming that

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Well if he's the same guy as in Kirby and the crystal shards. This guy has my full support!
There is a high chance that he probably is. However there has not been any confirmation.

If Bandana Dee gets a Trophy, it will probably be cheeky saying, "It has also been said that he helped Kirby get back some crystal shards."

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Lets talk final smashes. I know everyone is hoping for Masked Dedede as Dedede's final smash and that Bandana Dee would inherit the Dedede dance, but be honest. Bandana Dee deserves better than that dance. I was thinking maybe Megaton Punch could be his final smash- a strong ground- pounding punch that does massive damage to anyone hit and fair damage to anyone nearby. Maybe it could trip grounded players and spike airborne ones as well.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Lets talk final smashes. I know everyone is hoping for Masked Dedede as Dedede's final smash and that Bandana Dee would inherit the Dedede dance, but be honest. Bandana Dee deserves better than that dance. I was thinking maybe Megaton Punch could be his final smash- a strong ground- pounding punch that does massive damage to anyone hit and fair damage to anyone nearby. Maybe it could trip grounded players and spike airborne ones as well.
I would like Waddle Dee Tank from Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I have no idea how it would work though.

Megaaton Punch would be an awesome call back too.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Megaton Punch, all the way. It'd be a nice throwback to his origins.

I've been thinking about Chrom's deconfirmation as well as other characters that unfortunately didn't make it. BD's still in this race, so we need to keep supporting until the bitter end!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I do not want Bandana Dee to inherit the Dedede Dance. It doesn't fit him, imo.

Megaton Punch is a great idea, though I wouldn't mind one similar to Ultra Sword/Great Aether/Triforce Slash.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Don't... Don't get my hopes up about a Crystal Shards remake. That would make me incredibly happy.
I prefer a sequel of this. They can do new stuff to Kirby like new elements combination or things like that.
Yeah they can replace Waddle with Bandana Dee. Great idea back there.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I do not want Bandana Dee to inherit the Dedede Dance. It doesn't fit him, imo.

Megaton Punch is a great idea, though I wouldn't mind one similar to Ultra Sword/Great Aether/Triforce Slash.
Cool idea, but you can't exactly swing a spear like you can a sword. Maybe one like the Light Arrows, but instead of an arrow, Bandana Dee stabs a super-long spear through them all.

Somewhat off-topic, does Kirby's ultra-sword final smash alternate swords like in RtD?

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I would prefer megaton punch as a down B special, the first time you press down B, you do de bar thing, the second time, you do the lock thing and the third one you do the pendulum thing and immiadiately BDee performs the punch. You can do it quickly by pressing down B three times in a row but it won't be as powerful as if you do it correctly.

For a Final Smash I would like to see something like BDee sumoning other Waddle Dees in the background, shooting the other characters with cannons like the ones from RtDL, leaving BDee free to attack.

Or maybe Sakurai's version of a non-landmasterized Spear super ability. (I just don't want to see a copy of Kirby's Ultra Sword)

By the way I have wanted Bandana Dee in smash since the announcement of Smash 4, but every day I want him more to be in this game! Let's hope Sakurai want him too

D

Deleted member

What percentage of a chance do you think BD has currently?
30%-40%
He's next in line as the next Kirby rep, but such a thing isn't guaranteed. When it comes to other newcomers, I sense that he will be outcompeted by the likes of Shulk, a Rhythm Heaven character, and a Donkey Kong character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Cool idea, but you can't exactly swing a spear like you can a sword. Maybe one like the Light Arrows, but instead of an arrow, Bandana Dee stabs a super-long spear through them all.
What I meant was Bandana Dee hitting the opponent with a barrage of attacks, before finishing them off with a powerful stab.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer megaton punch as a down B special, the first time you press down B, you do de bar thing, the second time, you do the lock thing and the third one you do the pendulum thing and immiadiately BDee performs the punch. You can do it quickly by pressing down B three times in a row but it won't be as powerful as if you do it correctly.
Maybe, but Bandana Dee's down B could act like King Dedede's up B, launching into the air and stabbing downwards when used on the ground and be Moon Drop when used in midair, acting as a meteor smash.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, what if one of Bandana Dee's victory poses was him attempting to perform the Kirby Dance (I'm referencing the Kirby anime, for those who aren't aware.) and he gets the first few parts right, but messes up halfway through, and to add to the "cuteness factor", he would rub/scratch his head (In a "cute" way, of course.) and the blush on his cheeks would begin to glow from light tan/cream to a very deep red. So what do you think?:)

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
If we are Talking final smashes how about the team attack in return to dream land that **** cleared the screen

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Lots for me to say again

Percentage: 50%
Only putting it so low because it really only comes down to if Kirby gets a 4th rep. It we get one it's gonna be him i'm sure. But with how many slots are remaining i'm not sure if we will get a 4th kirby rep, To me it'll depend on who the next newcommer shown is gonna be, if its from another main nintendo franchise, like dk, starfox, i'd up it to 80% but for now i'm just mostly unsure on the 4th rep

On the leak: I'm going to heavily assume it's fake, simply because it mentions playable boss characters and they stated very clearly that both versions would have the same playable characters.

On the Final smash: I'm gonna be wishful on this, though unlikely, I would like to see him summon Sailor dee, dunno what they'd do with that but i'd like to see some reference to him as the other waddle dee who was unique

Or a more unique summon waddle dee's dance. Like summoning parasol dee's who fall from the sky in the falling attack (like ness's final smash but less wide but more dee's) the second part being summoning speared dee's who charge at the other fighters, but dont run ofscreen they just keep chasing them, only like 2 would be summoned for each fighter, would last for a short while too, and then the finale could be a big waddle dee explosion or wave, idk but i think it has potential with some tweaks

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hey guys, what if one of Bandana Dee's victory poses was him attempting to perform the Kirby Dance (I'm referencing the Kirby anime, for those who aren't aware.) and he gets the first few parts right, but messes up halfway through, and to add to the "cuteness factor", he would rub/scratch his head (In a "cute" way, of course.) and the blush on his cheeks would begin to glow from light tan/cream to a very deep red. So what do you think?:)
That would be awesome. Bad@$$ Adorables are the best kinds of a Bad@$$es. His other two victory taunts could be the Kirby Dance (Succesful), and hovering just above the ground, using his spear, with a victorious expression.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Does anyone else always read Bandana Dee as Banana Dee?
No...

Hey, I have a challenge for you guys! Try to make a moveset for Bandana Dee without him having a main weapon that he uses, and instead try to make one based around other things (you can use his spear for one set of attacks, such as his smashes). I will probably make one tomorrow.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Bandanna Dee classify? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Bandanna Dee classify? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
I think Bandana Dee would be a hybrid of Zoning and Ranging the enemy with his spears.

I want Bandana Dee to have a Marth "Tippers" sweet spot at the tip of his spear. However the thing that everyone agrees on is that his neutral b throws a spear, and his up b is always the helicopter.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Does anyone else always read Bandana Dee as Banana Dee?
Banana Waffle Dee.

I think Bandana Dee would be a hybrid of Zoning and Ranging the enemy with his spears.

I want Bandana Dee to have a Marth "Tippers" sweet spot at the tip of his spear. However the thing that everyone agrees on is that his neutral b throws a spear, and his up b is always the helicopter.
Pretty much this. He can throw spears and/or use them up close, and use them for other purposes such as the spearcopter.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Just so you guys know, Miahstorm, the most believeable leaker at the moment, just said bandanna dee is in and will be revealed next. He has the most going for him of any leaker, but could still just be getting lucky. I recommend reading the entire thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/leak.360830/

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Just so you guys know, Miahstorm, the most believeable leaker at the moment, just said bandanna dee is in and will be revealed next. He has the most going for him of any leaker, but could still just be getting lucky. I recommend reading the entire thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/leak.360830/
I know Leaks are you jam bro, but I can't trust it. The ability to turn on and off L-Canceling and Wavedashing seems insane, and I would eat an invisible hat if that came true.

Top Bottom