• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've been flipping through the book that came with Kirby's Dream Collection, and I may have discovered something.

There's a page dedicated to friendly characters. Adeleine and Ribbon appear, but so does Waddle Dee. What's interesting there's only one Waddle Dee represented, and he takes center stage...:smirk:
image.jpg

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Yes! This idea all the way!
I still can't decide if I love Kirby right back at ya, or hate it.
Finally, if we get a stage from Triple Deluxe, what should it be? I was thinking Endless Dreamland with Queen Sectonia attacking from the background.
So, if he steals Escargoon's invitation in the trailer, would that mean he's completely against King Dedede? Would he be on Kirby's side? Would Bandana Waddle Dee just want to get on King Dedede's good side so he could get Escargoon's job? Maybe he could be on a totally different side that's against both parties and fighting for freedom for Waddle Dees only? There's so many ways they could implement him...

As for stages, I like that idea. Maybe Queen Sectonia could change attack styles depending on how much time has gone by or how much damage she's accumulated if they choose to go that route. I don't think there's another stage that has as much significance as Endless Dream Land maybe other than King Dedede's castle which less importance compared to Endless Dream Land.

I've been flipping through the book that came with Kirby's Dream Collection, and I may have discovered something.

There's a page dedicated to friendly characters. Adeleine and Ribbon appear, but so does Waddle Dee. What's interesting there's only one Waddle Dee represented, and he takes center stage...:smirk:View attachment 18866
Maybe it shows that he's so important he's ready to take center stage in some kind competition...:smirk:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
They could throw us completely off by having it open up with Escargoon. :p

"I can't believe they actually invited me to their fighting tournament."
Yikes, I'm going to be that person and say NO. LOL I'm not the biggest fan of the anime. I mean it's goofy to watch and entertaining but it has little to do with the games other than some nods in the spin off titles. I'm just not the biggest fan.

I'd personally love a fancy Sub Space Emissary high quality cut scene where maybe a Masked Dedede (Dedede's New final Smash is revealed) is battling with Metaknight (A veteran is revealed) and Kirby against a Stage boss (Marx or Magolor... Finally a new Kirby stage revealed) and than Bandana Dee the new character is revealed, jumps in to help! :D

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

There's a page dedicated to friendly characters. Adeleine and Ribbon appear, but so does Waddle Dee. What's interesting there's only one Waddle Dee represented, and he takes center stage...:smirk:View attachment 18866
He's become more important than all of those characters who either haven't appeared in a long time and only once. Bandana Dee has appeared multiple times and become playable. He will be returning again soon. More proof is he's important to the series and the next best rep.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
today I'm going to see if I can pre-order SSB3DS I've been looking around so might as well look at EBGAMES/GameStop. I really REALLY want to see a trailer for BD

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Yikes, I'm going to be that person and say NO. LOL I'm not the biggest fan of the anime. I mean it's goofy to watch and entertaining but it has little to do with the games other than some nods in the spin off titles. I'm just not the biggest fan.

I'd personally love a fancy Sub Space Emissary high quality cut scene where maybe a Masked Dedede (Dedede's New final Smash is revealed) is battling with Metaknight (A veteran is revealed) and Kirby against a Stage boss (Marx or Magolor... Finally a new Kirby stage revealed) and than Bandana Dee the new character is revealed, jumps in to help! :D
I agree with you, I'm not big a fan of the anime either. I'm not sure what style I want though. In the trailer I want Bandana Dee to fight Meta Knight somehow, but that situation can pretty much happen in every trailer style. :p

today I'm going to see if I can pre-order SSB3DS I've been looking around so might as well look at EBGAMES/GameStop. I really REALLY want to see a trailer for BD
I've been so busy, I keep forgetting to pre-order both games. I really hope that they reveal him as newcomer soon so it brings more hype. I feel like the hype kind of died down when Coro-Coro said they weren't showing off any characters that weren't already revealed.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Wow, the amount of new supporters is Ridley.
:) all too happy to help, my man. Looking at the character support threads, I've noticed that Bandana Dee is actually one of the more prolific ones, only beaten out by Ridely, K. Rool, and Shulk. To me, that is good news indeed!:chuckle:

Also, the general lack of Kirby series information so far in SSB4, despite it having at least two new games since Brawl, makes me very hopeful. That was how it was with Fire Emblem, and now we have Robin! The evidence for the Dee is piling up!

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
I've been so busy, I keep forgetting to pre-order both games. I really hope that they reveal him as newcomer soon so it brings more hype. I feel like the hype kind of died down when Coro-Coro said they weren't showing off any characters that weren't already revealed.
I got it pre ordered only put down 5 bucks on it but I still get a guaranteed on it as long as I pay the rest at that day I pick it up so HYPED
Random bit: the lady there pre ordered hers as well and she is also hoping BD small world eh?

LF2K

Floor Diver
All these new supporters are a great thing! High five!

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I actually really love Bandana Dee as a character. But I can't see myself supporting four Kirby characters on Smash. If they ever decided to scrap MetaKnight I would totally be rooting for the Dee.

That said if he ends up in the game, I'll play as him for sure. Good luck guys :)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Would you guys support another Kirby character reveal along with Bandana Dee? What if like Fire Emblem, the two series gets two new reps and thus two reveals. I'd be supportive of Magolor in second place after Bandana Dee. He's a bit of a stretch in comparison but he could be an interesting fighter. He is a mage and could attack with projectiles and deflect with a shield. He's in two Kirby games and is a memorable and recent villain. I don't really count MK and Dedede as villain reps but I think Magolor could be a cool villain rep. I personally don't think he's reformed at all and is a huge liar. His "theme park" that he builds on popstar is basically a death trap. He's a huge jerk and pretty memorable as far as the bad guys and I think he could fit into smash. I saw a someone on pixiv draw out his whole possible moveset awhile back, I can try and dig for it. It was interesting. I don't have high hopes for Magolor but if they WERE to do a double reveal for the series I think he'd be a great candidate. He seems popular in Japan and with Kirby fans. He's like a supped up and more manipulative Marx.

As for Boss Stages, I really want the boss to be Marx. Hands down. Marx is Sakurai's own little devious trickster and would be a awesome nod to his KSS game.

If Bandana Dee becomes a character than they definitely need to add a Return to Dreamland stage!! I really want music from the recent games as well. CROWNED is an awesome song and I know Triple Deluxe is VERY recent and might not get representation (even though it's my favorite Kirby game since KSS, It's SO GOOD)... I'd love to see music or a bean stalk stage or SOMETHING.

D

Deleted member

Would you guys support another Kirby character reveal along with Bandana Dee?
I just want Bandana Dee in terms of Kirby newcomers. 4 is perfect! 5... is a bit too much in my eyes. As much as I love the Kirby series, I don't think that it should have 5 characters.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Would you guys support another Kirby character reveal along with Bandana Dee? What if like Fire Emblem, the two series gets two new reps and thus two reveals. I'd be supportive of Magolor in second place after Bandana Dee. He's a bit of a stretch in comparison but he could be an interesting fighter. He is a mage and could attack with projectiles and deflect with a shield. He's in two Kirby games and is a memorable and recent villain. I don't really count MK and Dedede as villain reps but I think Magolor could be a cool villain rep. I personally don't think he's reformed at all and is a huge liar. His "theme park" that he builds on popstar is basically a death trap. He's a huge jerk and pretty memorable as far as the bad guys and I think he could fit into smash. I saw a someone on pixiv draw out his whole possible moveset awhile back, I can try and dig for it. It was interesting. I don't have high hopes for Magolor but if they WERE to do a double reveal for the series I think he'd be a great candidate. He seems popular in Japan and with Kirby fans. He's like a supped up and more manipulative Marx.

As for Boss Stages, I really want the boss to be Marx. Hands down. Marx is Sakurai's own little devious trickster and would be a awesome nod to his KSS game.

If Bandana Dee becomes a character than they definitely need to add a Return to Dreamland stage!! I really want music from the recent games as well. CROWNED is an awesome song and I know Triple Deluxe is VERY recent and might not get representation (even though it's my favorite Kirby game since KSS, It's SO GOOD)... I'd love to see music or a bean stalk stage or SOMETHING.
The thing with that is, the only potential other newcomer I think that could happen would be Galacta Knight in another case of a costume being promoted to a clone.

Marx would be cool, but I still think Kracko needs the love more. Just no Whispy please

Crowned and Moonstruck Blossom would be great.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The thing with that is, the only potential other newcomer I think that could happen would be Galacta Knight in another case of a costume being promoted to a clone.

Marx would be cool, but I still think Kracko needs the love more. Just no Whispy please

Crowned and Moonstruck Blossom would be great.
I was thinking Galacta Knight would be an alternate costume for MK but I wonder if that's odd. Even though on a design level it works, Galacta Knight is his own character. Alternate costumes are more like... different versions of the same character. So Shadow Metaknight would work in this case. The idea of him being a clone could work but of course folks aren't big fans of clone characters. That or they just go ahead and make him an alternate costume anyway. Hm..

I don't think Bandana Dee would have too many alternate costume choices other than different color versions of himself or his bandana haha.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
You guys might have missed it, but I made a half-trailer for Bandana Dee.

http://youtubedoubler.com/cXIL

Since Meta Knight would most likely show up in the beginning.
I was thinking about this actually. You guys know how Palutena got an anime by SHAFT (who did one of those shorts before) and Robin/Lucina got their nifty animation style from Awakening. What if for Bandana Dee, it's done in the style of the Kirby anime.

Or even better, do the opening of the anime but with Bandana Dee instead of Kirby

Ban-dan-na Dee
That's the name you should know
Ban-dan-na Dee
He's the newcomer of the show
He's cute and tough
He's a fearsome puff
Ban-dan-na is the one

He's thrusting right-there-at-ya
He's thrusting right-there-at-ya
Use your best Smash, try and make a big splash
He'll knock you away anyway, yeah!

Ban-dan-na Dee
Winning the day
Ban-dan-na Dee
He's here to stay
Don't be fooled by his style, he'll make you smile!
Bandana (Bandana) Bandana (Bandana) Bandana (Bandana)
Ban-dan-na Dee is the one!
Thrusting at ya, yeah!

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice

I would love this, I would totally dig this, but five reps from Kirby seems like a stretch even to as big a Kirby fan as me. Sorry, dude. Great idea though!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The only other Kirby character would have to be Prince Fluff.
Oh god Prince Fluff is my least wanted or desired Character. I don't think he mas much to do with the franchise other than having Kirby shoe horned into his game x_x I'd rather see character more related to the whole franchise. I'm not the biggest fan of Epic Yarn. Not like I dislike non traditional Kirby games but even as a non traditional game it's missing that HAL Lab vibe that Canvas Curse and Mass Attack have with all their odes and references to the rest of the series. I could see Ado and Daroach being reps more than Prince Fluff since they're also more reoccurring.

Last edited:

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
I still see meta knight fighting off some bad guys off his ship. while bandana dee rushes through the ship to get to were meta knight is to help fight at his side that would be awsome

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
inb4 August Direct;
>Iwata is wearing a Blue Bandana
>No Bandana Dee reveal
THE TEASE

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Prince Fluff would be an ok choice. He does bring something very unique to the Kirby franchise and his playstyle would fit pretty well into with Smash. However, Kirby's Epic Yarn was overshadowed by Return to Dreamland (considering Kirby's final smash is the Ultra Sword) due to the game being closer to when the beginning of Smash 4's development (despite KEY outselling RTDL by 400,000 units worldwide).

Not to mention, if they put a rep from that game in, it would most likely be Yarn Kirby, as Kirby has a much greater appeal overall (Kirby has top tier popularity with casuals in Smash).

I have to agree with kirby_queen that the game was not as appealing as the other HAL games. The style was more laid back and the game was pathetically easy.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I've always been a fan of Waddle Dee, even back in Kirby 64 for some reason I just really like him and I played as Bandana Dee for the majority of return to dreamland. Also I think reading The Brawl in the Family comics made me like his character even more. So yeah I support him.

Also I have an idea, what if his Side Smash was spear throw? Like you know Mega man and the Mii gunner have ranged smash attacks, so maybe Bandana Dee could get one too.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Prince Fluff would be an ok choice. He does bring something very unique to the Kirby franchise and his playstyle would fit pretty well into with Smash. However, Kirby's Epic Yarn was overshadowed by Return to Dreamland (considering Kirby's final smash is the Ultra Sword) due to the game being closer to when the beginning of Smash 4's development (despite KEY outselling RTDL by 400,000 units worldwide).

Not to mention, if they put a rep from that game in, it would most likely be Yarn Kirby, as Kirby has a much greater appeal overall (Kirby has top tier popularity with casuals in Smash).

I have to agree with kirby_queen that the game was not as appealing as the other HAL games. The style was more laid back and the game was pathetically easy.
I think the problem with Prince Fluff is that representation matters as well . To be a rep for a series you kind of have to matter more than just one game. What's bothersome too is his game isn't really the most Kirby-like game in the franchise and not just because of playstyle but because development wasn't even originally centered on Kirby. Also long time fans didn't quite receive the game as much as Return to Dreamland. I just think when people imagine Kirby, of all the characters to flash their minds, Prince Fluff probably isn't going to be exactly the first. At least for long time fans anyway.

I'm sure he'd be an interesting fighter and he's cute but as a KIRBY rep, I'd personally be a bit bothered by his inclusion over other characters.

Maybe if Prince Fluff were allowed to BE his own character of his own franchise rather than Nintendo continuing to just put other Nintendo characters into the Yarn series than he could have represented the Yarn franchise... but sadly the little guy did not get the chance due to the fear of him not possibly selling. I didn't even see or hear a mention of him in Yoshi's Wooly World. He may be gone for good as far as the Yarn games are concerned and the direction they're taking. This makes him even more irrelevant.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I've always been a fan of Waddle Dee, even back in Kirby 64 for some reason I just really like him and I played as Bandana Dee for the majority of return to dreamland. Also I think reading The Brawl in the Family comics made me like his character even more. So yeah I support him.

Also I have an idea, what if his Side Smash was spear throw? Like you know Mega man and the Mii gunner have ranged smash attacks, so maybe Bandana Dee could get one too.
I think his overall appeal as a fighter would be range. I'd really like to his spear fighting playstyle make it into smash. I like it.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Dk, Kirby, and Star Fox Deserves at least 4 reps :/
Where the love at for these franchises Q~Q
I'm not the most familiar with Star Fox franchise other than the 64 game but I definitely agree with both Kirby and DK. (I want Dixie Kong, though I'd be happy to see a new rep in general)

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the most familiar with Star Fox franchise other than the 64 game but I definitely agree with both Kirby and DK. (I want Dixie Kong, though I'd be happy to see a new rep in general)
Of course that's the only one you know....Lol But I agree with These causes but at this point I believe the wheels are turning and the next reps have already been decided..time will tell

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101

They are gun characters though, their moveset is built for range. That wouldn't make too much sense for his playstyle. I feel that it should be his neutral b, and that he should be able to charge and walk at the same time, similar to Kirby's hammer flip.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Dankey Kang is most likely getting K Rool, and Kirby Bandana Dee. I don't know about Star Fox though to be honest.
That's because your probably not keeping up with it...Sadly you guys so far been dissing my most wanted franchise..Lol I may not care about K. Rool Or Bandana Dee but at least I will knowledge and support them. Q~Q
But I guess it should be expected since this is about Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
My idea for a Bandana Dee trailer:
Done in Triple Deluxe cutscene style.
at Queen Sectonia's castle, Kirby is fighting Dedede (Taranza Controlled?) when Kirby gets the upper hand Dedede transforms into Masked Dedede (revealing new final smash) and easily overpowers Kirby. When all hope seems lost and Kirby is about to lose we see a black shadow swoop in and defend Kirby from Masked Dedede, Kirby looks up to see that this character is Meta-Knight (confirming his return) we then cut between gameplay of Smash with these 3 fighting in the new Queen Sectonia's Castle stage and more of the cutscene. the trailer ends with Sword Kirby and Meta-knight about to finish Dedede off.
the screen goes black, you think it's over and then there's a faint noise it slowly gets louder, you realise it's footsteps (Kirby series footstep running sound) Bandana Dee runs onto the black screen and trips over in the middle faceplanting. Kirby runs on screen and helps him up and then BAM "BANDANA DEE WADDLES INTO BATTLE" we then get gameplay footage of Bandana Dee fighting various characters, including a scene with all four Kirby reps similar to the Robin/Lucina trailer. and the trailer now actually ends with Kirby and Bandana Dee doing the Kirby dance together.

It's just an idea, and I'd rather see Dee do something awesome and be the star of his trailer, but somehow the idea of him practically being late to his own reveal and faceplanting and stuff is just too adorable x3

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
the screen goes black, you think it's over and then there's a faint noise it slowly gets louder, you realise it's footsteps (Kirby series footstep running sound) Bandana Dee runs onto the black screen and trips over in the middle faceplanting. Kirby runs on screen and helps him up and then BAM "BANDANA DEE WADDLES INTO BATTLE"----and the trailer now actually ends with Kirby and Bandana Dee doing the Kirby dance together.

It's just an idea, and I'd rather see Dee do something awesome and be the star of his trailer, but somehow the idea of him practically being late to his own reveal and faceplanting and stuff is just too adorable x3
And Masked Dedede/Taranza are just like
"WAT" o_o

Top Bottom