• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
I had a dream where a Robin-esque trailer was uploaded onto the website, titled "At Long Last". It starts off with Dedede, Meta Knight, and Kirby all flying towards something, each seemingly in panic. They all dodge various incoming blasts of magic and spells, as the camera pans in front of them - Magolor is revealed, his splash screen popping up. His gameplay footage is shown, and the showcase ends with his final smash, in which it cuts back to the cinematic. Magolor puts the master crown on and powers up, and easily knocks the trio down. Just as he's about to finish them off, he's attacked by a single spear. Everybody looks up, and it shows Bandana Dee standing atop a cliff, where he soon jumps down to face him with his friends cheering him on.

Bandy's gameplay is shown, and the screen fades to black. It opens back up again, however, onto the cinematic, where Dee has successfully thrown Magolor's crown off, and is seen panting and sweating on the ground. The weird thing is, just when you expect the trio to come up behind him and congratulate him, it ends up being Gooey? He's just randomly there now?

Gooey is then a weird Isabelle-like clone of Kirby. The end.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I had a dream where a Robin-esque trailer was uploaded onto the website, titled "At Long Last". It starts off with Dedede, Meta Knight, and Kirby all flying towards something, each seemingly in panic. They all dodge various incoming blasts of magic and spells, as the camera pans in front of them - Magolor is revealed, his splash screen popping up. His gameplay footage is shown, and the showcase ends with his final smash, in which it cuts back to the cinematic. Magolor puts the master crown on and powers up, and easily knocks the trio down. Just as he's about to finish them off, he's attacked by a single spear. Everybody looks up, and it shows Bandana Dee standing atop a cliff, where he soon jumps down to face him with his friends cheering him on.

Bandy's gameplay is shown, and the screen fades to black. It opens back up again, however, onto the cinematic, where Dee has successfully thrown Magolor's crown off, and is seen panting and sweating on the ground. The weird thing is, just when you expect the trio to come up behind him and congratulate him, it ends up being Gooey? He's just randomly there now?

Gooey is then a weird Isabelle-like clone of Kirby. The end.
I had a weirder dream. There was a Bandana Dee reveal trailer. I don't remember what happened in it, except that Bandana Dee was confirmed as a fighter, and then what happened after. After the Smash logo came up, the four were doing their celebration with the dance music and everything, and then there was a rumble. The 4 turn around and the camera zooms behind them, and this theme started playing:

For some crazy reason, Susie was a fighter. All I remember is that she used a mini version of her Boss Mech so she wouldn't be "Too Big".

Edit: Also one thing I did remember is that I was freaking out for Bandana Dee, and lost it when Susie showed up.

Last edited:

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
It would be awesome, but oh so weird, if Kirby had 5 or 6 reps this time. Obviously there's Bandana Dee and Magolor, but I don't know who would even be a sixth rep honestly.
Adeline and Marx would also be great, while Galacta Knight could be a Meta Knight echo. Gooey could honestly be a unique character or an echo/semi-clone of Kirby; both would be fine by me. That would bring the count of Kirby reps up to 9 (7-8 unique and 1-2 echoes), which would be fantastic.

D

Deleted member

Great unveil trailer ideas/dreams. Any of these would be good for Bandana Dee.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If they ever had a system where you could have multiple echoes per fighter, Dark MK, Galackta knight and Morpho Knight could all be under MK.
I have thought of a sorta loophole for the "one Echo per fighter" thing; what if, in the next game, the Echo gets promoted to an original character, and the character they used to be an Echo of gets a new Echo? For example, if Dark Meta Knight was added as an Echo of Meta Knight in Ultimate (which would be understandable, as the project plan was most likely finished before he was considered for Kirby Star Allies), and then in the next game, he becomes a unique fighter, so they could add, say, Galacta Knight as Meta Knight's new Echo. I don't know the likelihood of that, but it's a thought at least.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
All these months and I still don't understand what

Morpho Knight is

Is it a killer butterfly that defeated/teleported Galacta Knight, so it could fight Kirby instead?
Is it a killer butterfly that fused with Galacta Knight?
Did Galacta Knight want this or not?
Is it Galacta Knight's Mega Evolution?
Is Bandana Dee in Smash?!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Morpho Knight is

Is it a killer butterfly that defeated/teleported Galacta Knight, so it could fight Kirby instead?
Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Morpho Knight is

My headcanon/assumption is that it's a parasite that fuses with peeople and takes them over. It may also have a connection to Sectonia.

also yes

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Morpho Knight is

I think I can answer one of those questions.
It was probably willingly, Morpho Knight seems to be Galacta Knight's friend, when they transform you can see the friend hearts that happen every time a friend action happens in Star Allies, you can see them both when he transforms and dies.
Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 12.20.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 12.20.08 PM.png

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Hello there, I like to join the support for Bandana Dee. He's my second favorite Kirby character after Meta Knight and I love to see him in Smash especially for a 4 player match between the Kirby characters.

KeyOh

Smash Cadet

CoroCoro is now saying 103 stages and not 108.
That's fine for us since Bandana Dee doesn't need to come with a stage, but it leaves me seriously wondering why and how 108 was ever printed in the first place.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

That's fine for us since Bandana Dee doesn't need to come with a stage, but it leaves me seriously wondering why and how 108 was ever printed in the first place.
Might have been a typo unfortunately.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
Might have been a typo unfortunately.
If it is, doesn't it lessen the chances of new franchises appearing as fighters? While it isn't impossible to have a newcomer from a new series to smash not come with a stage, I feel like it might matter some. Both :ultinkling: and :ultsimon::ultrichter: came with stages, as they were new series.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice

So Sakurai isn't going to say "Pokéfloats is in the game" out of nowhere? :(

D

Deleted member

A mistake but it's okay. Could still mean something.

Think Bandana Dee is in still.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
If it is, doesn't it lessen the chances of new franchises appearing as fighters? While it isn't impossible to have a newcomer from a new series to smash not come with a stage, I feel like it might matter some. Both :ultinkling: and :ultsimon::ultrichter: came with stages, as they were new series.
Maybe we're getting close to the release so it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't any new franchises represented at this point but I'm really not sure, I really hope they reveal some more information soon so we can kill all these continuing theories that just keep coming.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, I'm curious about that as well. Both a slip-up and a typo are still possibilities I suppose, but with how Sakurai worded things, I wouldn't be surprised if it were the final count and that it was just a typo.
Then again, Bayonetta's data was supposedly found 2 weeks into the ballot, so I don't think 108 is out of the realm of possibility yet, just rather unlikely.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Personally, I think it's actually 108 but they published it too early, before we were supposed to know there's 108 stages, that number just works so well with the stage select screen.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
103 stages is good for us, eliminates a lot of competition and doesn't leave much options left for unique characters

It's also a blow against Verg and his Minecraft content

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
103 stages is good for us, eliminates a lot of competition and doesn't leave much options left for unique characters

It's also a blow against Verg and his Minecraft content
True, but there might be Minecraft content for DLC. I know they aren't thinking about DLC until the game is finished (Though some people have a copy of the game already, so is it safe for them to talk about DLC now?) but it is a possibility. Or there might be a Minecraft assist trophy instead which both supports Verg and other characters get more likely to join base roster.
EDIT: No, I don't support Verg at all! I don't want Minecraft to have any fighter and/or stage representation but I can't disagree that it's very popular as a series. I think it'll have an assist at best if it gets any representation.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Wait, do people really think Minecraft is getting a rep in smash just cuz "Verg" said it?? I don't if I should laugh or cackle.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
it seems as though November will be the time we get any substantial news for smash. these few weeks have been a drag

FancySmash

Smash Lord
So, a troubling thought came to mind today...

Bandana Dee not being on the base roster might not be the end of the world, so long as from here to December 7th he's never deconfirmed. Dedede's Final Smash hasn't shown him, he's survived multiple assist trophy reveals. Things could be OK if he's not shown in any form in these directs.

However, imagine this. Smash Ultimate is released. We're all sure Bandana Dee can make it as DLC. We're playing our favorite characters and we come to Dedede. We're all having fun, but then Dedede enters the stage.

One of the Waddle Dee's carrying the king is wearing a blue bandana.

I would not be a happy camper should that happen.

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
i don't really see how you'd typo 108 from 103 anyways. if it were 104 or 105 i could get it but 3 & 8 are pretty far apart from each other. and i also find it pretty hard to believe that not a single person noticed the typo if it was one.

and yeah as we get closer and closer to release my hopes for dee being in the base roster are dwindling, but i really can not fathom him not even being dlc.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
So, a troubling thought came to mind today...

Bandana Dee not being on the base roster might not be the end of the world, so long as from here to December 7th he's never deconfirmed. Dedede's Final Smash hasn't shown him, he's survived multiple assist trophy reveals. Things could be OK if he's not shown in any form in these directs.

However, imagine this. Smash Ultimate is released. We're all sure Bandana Dee can make it as DLC. We're playing our favorite characters and we come to Dedede. We're all having fun, but then Dedede enters the stage.

One of the Waddle Dee's carrying the king is wearing a blue bandana.

I would not be a happy camper should that happen.
Absolutely. My fear is that they'll end up making Bandana Dee the Waddle Dee that shows up in one of Dedede's Victory Poses, because honestly, that does make sense. But it would still be a very bitter pill to swallow.

That being said, the fact that Bandana Dee isn't in Dedede's Final Smash gives me hope that he isn't just a part of Dedede's entrance or victory animations. After all, if you're going to make him a part of some of Dedede's animations, then why not also give him a cameo in the Final Smash that depicts a scene that he was in? It's still an idea that could sadly happen, but I'm hoping the Final Smash means otherwise.

While more stages would have been cool, this does honestly make me a little hopeful that Dee has fewer competition. If there aren't any more stages, I think that the main front-runners are probably Bandana Dee, Geno, a Pokemon, Skull Kid, and Elma (There's probably a few that I'm forgetting about).

Though I don't think this necessarily discounts the likes of Isaac. A new series not having a stage to go with them isn't unprecedented, since Fire Emblem didn't have a stage in Melee, and ROB didn't have a stage in Brawl (And still doesn't have one actually). It would be weird for them not to have a stage from their home series, but I think that other Nintendo franchises without characters in Smash still have a shot. Like, in terms of a stage for their background on the website, I could see Isaac having Find Mii as his background, a Rhythm Heaven character having Pictochat or Hanenbow for theirs, and a retro character having Balloon Fight as theirs (Especially if a Balloon Fighter actually got in, lol).

This does seem to make it very unlikely for another third party character though. It's not impossible, but I find it hard to imagine the likes of Banjo or Rayman getting in and not having a stage. Well, I suppose we'll see. Either way, things might be looking better for our boi.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
If it's true that the 108 stages was a typo then I guess we're not going to hit any new series in the base game. It wouldn't make sense to have a fighter in the game without a stage to go with it. Banjo, Isaac, Shantae, Hollow Knight, Master Chief, etc. will have to wait for DLC.

T H I S I S S O S A D. C A N W E H I T 5 0 L I K E S?

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
If it's true that the 108 stages was a typo then I guess we're not going to hit any new series in the base game. It wouldn't make sense to have a fighter in the game without a stage to go with it. Banjo, Isaac, Shantae, Hollow Knight, Master Chief, etc. will have to wait for DLC.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I wouldn't put too much stock into the 103 stages and no new franchises thing. If people want to believe Verge is right, then this theory would actually hurt him, as two of his predictions involve third-parties (SE rep and Minecraft content). Trying to rationalize this while claiming Verge is still 100% correct requires a lot of assumptions.

Personally, I think CoroCoro made a mistake and printed 108 accidentally. Does them switching back to 103 mean no more stages? Not necessarily. So far, CoroCoro is basically repeating the info we already know. If we want a reliable answer as to whether or not we'll get more stages, we're probably gonna have to wait until Nintendo or Sakurai has more to say about Ultimate.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I wish I could finally be added to the support list after MONTHS of asking...

But anyway the one thing I fear about Bandana Dee is he may just become an assist trophy. I REALLY don't want that like at all...because I RARELY use items so I would never see him (bad enough Krystal became an assist). Just ain't looking good for Spear/Staff users huh. lol

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could finally be added to the support list after MONTHS of asking...

But anyway the one thing I fear about Bandana Dee is he may just become an assist trophy. I REALLY don't want that like at all...because I RARELY use items so I would never see him (bad enough Krystal became an assist). Just ain't looking good for Spear/Staff users huh. lol
Ignoring the Kawasaki and Joe AT’s, I feel like there’s another thing in the way of Dee’s hypothetical AT fate.
...Yep, it’s Dedede’s Final Smash.
And I don’t mean it as in “oh that mean he’ll be playable and as such AT is unlikely” (although I do admit I still feel like it’s a massive indicator), I moreso mean something else entirely.

Riki. He’s both an AT and in Shulk’s Final Smash. If Dee were an AT, I do feel like he’d make an appearance in Triple D’s.

And yes, I do know about the whole “Dee isn’t 3D’s FS because of the lighting” argument, but my gut tells me it’s the other way around: The lighting in 3D’s FS could be made that way because Bandana Dee HAD to be absent. I guess either is possible, I suppose, and I’m just speculating, but I’m sticking to my guns that at this point. At the very least, I firmly believe Dee’s chances of becoming an assist are extremely low.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Just to make sure it doesn't get missed again -- Chandeelure Chandeelure , could you please add Mariomaniac45213 to the supporter list? He tried asking a few weeks ago, but I think his post got lost in the discussion. (Also, the Twitter link in the OP changes the language to Spanish.)

Anyway, I really doubt that Bandana Dee is an Assist Trophy at this point. It seems like the dev team was more conscientious about their picks this time around, given that some of the more highly requested characters like Shadow and Skull Kid are still MIA, and have seemingly been replaced by Knuckles and the Moon respectively. They may think that those two could be good fits for DLC, and while they could theoretically just add situational settings to the Assist, that might not be something they want to mess with when they only have a small DLC team working.

They should be well aware of Dee's popularity, given how well he does on Japanese polls, so I don't think that they would deliberately drag this out just to disconfirm him. My guess is that they're considering him for other things. Whether he'll make it or not remains to be seen, however.

And a super late reply:
What's the weirdest/least talked about thing you want in Bandana Dee's moveset?
Last week I thought it would be kinda funny if he could throw apples at people.
He could throw them at Doc.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Just to make sure it doesn't get missed again -- Chandeelure Chandeelure , could you please add Mariomaniac45213 to the supporter list? He tried asking a few weeks ago, but I think his post got lost in the discussion. (Also, the Twitter link in the OP changes the language to Spanish.)
Sure, I will add him.

Oh, that's because I just copied the link and my pc is in spanish lol
I will try to fix it.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I think Verge is wrong either way. He's contradicted a few other more credible sources, not to mention most, if not all of his content was originally pulled from someone else.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
If BWD became part dedede's entrance animation or the one where a waddle dee is looking at dedede, then that would be painful, almost as much as Chrom being shown in Robin/Lucina's trailer beaten up, only to show he's in the game, but as part of a final smash and as a hilarious mii costume.

Top Bottom