• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
I mean, I don't care how Bandana Dee gets in as playable, so long as he gets announced as playable for this game. So... I guess I'd feel pretty great!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Hypothetical Question:

What if the Vergeben leak is real and Incineroar and Ken are the last fighters to be revealed... BUT!! it's announced right afterward that DLC, featuring the likes of Bandana Dee, Geno, and other highly-requested characters, is already in development and we'll be getting it in Kirby Star Allies-style waves?

How would you feel about that?
Honestly the only thing about that scenario that would make me just the slightest bit salty is that we got Incineroar instead of Lycanroc as a new Pokémon character (I'd just vastly prefer the latter myself), and that Bandana Dee most likely won't get a nice CG trailer (but that's really just a minor nitpick in the grand scheme of things), but honestly, if Dee became playable, so I'll more than gladly take it. Not to mention the free updates. (Although I wouldn't mind them being paid DLC like smash 4, or that you get all DLC through a season-pass.)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'd like for Dee to be in, but in the base game. Making people pay for him would be a cash grab by Nintendo since they know everyone wants him in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i saw a website talking about a bandana dee and calling him unlike cause they already had a kirby villain

there were so many things wrong with that

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
So a leak that has apparantly surfaced that is moderately credible.
I think it calls me to peace out of here (and r/smashbros) until the next reveal. I’m trying to avoid leaks as much as possible.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Time to gear up for the DLC campaign, fellow DeeVotees!

Start taking pictures of Apples with Bandanas on them and posting them en masse on Twitter to show support!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Please, don't post the leak here, some people dislike spoilers.

So... maybe it's real, I would recommend starting a DLC campaign soon, posting pictures and Dee stuff in Twitter, to Nintendo and Sakurai, etc.
Let's pray BD isn't an AT or something.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
This leak seems fake to me. Certain characters appear that make little sense to be in this game alongside hugely popular choices like Isabelle or Ridley. I'm calling fake police mainly for not having a different character every single other person has mentioned.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
You know, I’m still down for starting a campaign whether the leaks are real or not! It can’t hurt.

Apple Bois Unite! Surely all of us can afford an apple and blue cloth to tweet a picture in support of our boy!

https://twitter.com/djinntotonic/status/1055087727186653185?s=21

Someone needs to Deevise a snappy hashtag for it, though. I’m terrible at it.

E8AB46DF-3813-447E-8268-044BA871AE12.jpeg

I’m just gonna start making these every day and taking pics of them in various places throughout Japan. Maybe we can get some more international photos to show how loved Dee is around the world?!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We definitely need to double down on our support, I've got a more determined Dee in my avatar now and definitely doubling down on these two until both are playable, Sakurai can't ignore other Zelda characters and modern Kirby forever

My passion burns like a blazing fire

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
If the leak is real, then with all these huge characters in the base roster, leaves even less competition for DeeLC.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Let's start the hashtag #SSBUDeeLC or something. I feel if this leak is real we will be the frontrunners here along with Dixie Kong.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
We definitely need to double down on our support, I've got a more determined Dee in my avatar now and definitely doubling down on these two until both are playable, Sakurai can't ignore other Zelda characters and modern Kirby forever

My passion burns like a blazing fire
Now that's the spirit I like to see.

If the leak is real, then with all these huge characters in the base roster, leaves even less competition for DeeLC.
I agree. I feel like first party frontrunners for DLC are at the very least: Dee and Rex & Pyra, with Dixie and Skull Kid close behind, then Springman, maybe a gen 7 pokémon before gen 8's release, and Paper Mario.

I have a crapton of faith that he'll make it, it's not healthy. Base or DLC I don't care I just believe.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Gamexplain makes me think the image is fake.

That said, I think it would be a good idea to start campaigning for DLC just to be safe, since I'm thinking Dee isn't gonna be base game.

RIP cgi trailer dreams, but hope is not lost.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Gamexplain makes me think the image is fake.
Derrick has a history of not believing leaks, including the ESRB leak, so I personally take his opinion with a grain of salt. I personally think Bandana Dee fully deserves to be playable in Smash, and it's only a matter of time if this leak ends up being real or not. With that said, Bandana Dee has been a popular choice from the ballot, and if he's not in the base game, I think there is a great chance he could become a DLC fighter instead. I'm rooting for you guys either way!

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Think about this: If this leak ends up being the real base roster, a lot of competition will be eliminated. From the SSB4Dojo poll, Bandana Dee will be #1 globally. He'll also move up in the US poll by a good amount. At this point, if he's not an Assist Trophy, or a joke boss in Spirits mode or something, I think he'll be in as DLC.

SwitchButton

There have only been 4 non-clone newcomers so far. For the leak to be real, Sakurai would have to announce 5 entirely new characters and announce 2 echo fighters in the next 42 days.

And considering Smash 4 and Brawl I seriously doubt they'll leave any characters as a secret.

Just something to keep in mind

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Sakurai already stated that all characters will be revealed before release. So unless another Smash Direct happens in November, I'm calling fake all the way, despite the evidence for it.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If the leak is true (which could be) I'll be a bit letdown but not disappointed. Dixie and Bandana Dee for DLC! Double D'sLC!

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Just saying, I've been predicting Bandana Dee being absent from the base roster for quite a while now, so if he's not base, I won't be surprised.

If he's not DLC I will be VERY surprised.

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
I'm personally leaning toward the leak being real. It could be fake but there's nothing particularly glaring that outright kills it. The ridiculous situation that it is just supports its likeliness in my opinion. It being real is perfectly fine though, tons of popular characters making the cut will make a lot of people happy. As others have said, there won't be much competition left if all of these guys make it in all at once.
The only problem would be Bandana Dee being made into an AT. I would hope that, if that was the case, Sakurai would have ripped that bandage off and revealed it earlier, like during the 8/8 Direct.
We just have to stay optimistic, we can't let our support be drowned out during this chaos.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's elaborate, but I think it's fake.
If not, dlc should be strong anyway.

The truth will come out in not that long. it'll be interesting to see, including people's reactions.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
So Bandana Dee isn't in this leak, so... why does that mean he's an assist trophy?

It doesn't mean that, guys. You all are very paranoid about Bandana Dee being deconfirmed in some ridiculously unlikely ways.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Guys, stop giving up! The leak is clearly a fake. Next week we're going to see a leak that's even more "credible" and everyone is going to forget about this one.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Guy's I want bandanna dee too; but I kiiiinda feel like you're turning eyes to some pretty credible looking evidence. Don't forget; there's always DLC!

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Yeeaaah, I think that's it for us. I mean, we still have DLC, but, man that feels a long ways away, considering the base game isn't even out yet. Even then, we have Springman and Rex and Pyra to fight for spots. I wonder if the Dixie, Shantae, and Skull Kid fans are feeling the same way right now. Incineroar fans... I didn't want him, but even I acknowledge that they might just have it the worst right now.

I've lost a lot of faith ATM guys, you don't think it's bias against modern Kirby, do you? Masked Dedede, Galacta Knight, and new Kirby animations makes me want to say no, but I'm still a little upset regardless. Sorry for the negative vibes all. :(

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Explain how the leak is clearly fake please. I've been convinced it's real since no evidence goes against it.
I'd find it's hard to claim either way; I suppose the biggest concerns are that it seems too good to be true, and it seems hard to believe that they'd claim to be slowing down the pace of character reveals, only to turn around and do the exact opposite by revealing 5-7 new characters at once (or in quick succession) before the game's release. I could see some of those characters (particularly the unique third party ones) being DLC, but even then, it seems like a lot.

Then again, this entire ROSTER'S been too good to be true as far as I'm concerned (not even in my wildest dreams did I think that we'd get every single veteran, plus Ridley and K. Rool, and have the game launch so quickly after the Switch comes out), so I'm in the "wait and see" camp. Whether this leak is true, Vergeben's true and we only get two more characters in the base game, or something else entirely, I'm happy.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Explain how the leak is clearly fake please. I've been convinced it's real since no evidence goes against it.
Mainly because the story behind it is kinda sketchy, and the actual art has a lot of quirks that look kinda fake. It also makes zero sense in our current timeline. 40 days til launch yet less then HALF of the newcomers are revealed? It also completely goes against what Sakurai said about slowing down on announcements

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I posted this in other threads, but if this leak is real, that'd mean we're getting 16 newcomers total (echos counting as newcomers as well). Would it be greedy to ask for more characters, especially since Sakurai said "I hope you aren't expecting too many new challengers". 16 is a lot for a man who said hope you aren't expecting to many new challengers. I don't know, I want some characters that are not in the leak to come into the game, but at the same time I also think it's unfair to Sakurai if people are flat out expecting DLC to happen. The amount of time and effort he shoved into this game is absolutely unbelievable, and when people start asking for even more it kind of undermines all of Sakurai's hard work like it meant nothing, like nobody was satisfied with all of the content and hard work which is why they are demanding more. I don't know, just my two cents.

SwitchButton

I posted this in other threads, but if this leak is real, that'd mean we're getting 16 newcomers total (echos counting as newcomers as well). Would it be greedy to ask for more characters, especially since Sakurai said "I hope you aren't expecting too many new challengers". 16 is a lot for a man who said hope you aren't expecting to many new challengers. I don't know, I want some characters that are not in the leak to come into the game, but at the same time I also think it's unfair to Sakurai if people are flat out expecting DLC to happen. The amount of time and effort he shoved into this game is absolutely unbelievable, and when people start asking for even more it kind of undermines all of Sakurai's hard work like it meant nothing, like nobody was satisfied with all of the content and hard work which is why they are demanding more. I don't know, just my two cents.
He's a grown man doing a job and we are consumers. Don't anthropomorphize a business like this. Sakurai is a big boy who chooses to work because he wants to, and we choose to buy the products because we want to.

There's not a single thing greedy about wanting DLC. It's business. A job.

Last edited:

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
At the end of the day it's a product that's designed to be sold. Sakurai's obviously really passionate about his work but he and his team still get paid to do it. If he really didn't want to design DLC he just wouldn't.
It's perfectly normal to expect DLC. We got about two years of it for Smash 4 when they had to create it for two consoles, one of which was floundering. I don't think expecting it to happen is undermining the work done on the base game. It's just natural to expect DLC because it will print money and most major Switch releases have received post-launch support.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
While I’m very happy and satisfied with the Grinch leaked roster.

I’m disappointed Bandy didn’t make it, definitely voting for him in DLC!

SwitchButton

While I’m very happy and satisfied with the Grinch leaked roster.

I’m disappointed Bandy didn’t make it, definitely voting for him in DLC!
It's looking like that Grinch leak might be fake. Someone just found an official image of the empty battlefield and the leak one is missing key features like specific islands, buildings, and waterfall shapes.

Top Bottom