• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I know he's only really popular amongst the Smash community, but I believe Billybo10k mentioned he supported Bandanna Waddle Dee, too, but I might have misinterpreted what he said.
No that seems about right. During one of his rerates I remember him talking less about his actual chances and why he should be in the game.
Ah right, I remember him talking about Dee in his newcomers/echoes wishlist video. He was #4 on the newcomers wishlist if I recall correctly.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Ah right, I remember him talking about Dee in his newcomers/echoes wishlist video. He was #4 on the newcomers wishlist if I recall correctly.
Yeah, it felt mostly like bias tho when he bumped his rates up. I'm not saying its a bad thing; we need all the support we can get; but I don't remember there being much reasoning as to why he could/would be in the game as opposed to why he should.

Yeah, I do feel like the characters with the most overall support have been characters that have either existed for a long time, or are Pokémon. It sometimes feels like quite a shame since I feel like Nintendo's still got plenty to offer with newer characters like Elma, Rex and Pyra, Bandana Dee, Springman, Captain Toad, and arguably Sylux. (although from what I've heard he's moreso got more buildup than anything and will likely get his major role in Metroid Prime 4, so he'd be very lucky to get in as DLC.) Not to mention some others.
Then again, likelihood for the base game probably also plays a role in what people talk about. So I can see why the majority of characters I just listed aren't talked about as much as others. If the character is deconfirmed, people will stop talking about them as well. (I can't blame them.)

I don't mean to hold anything against the older characters, not at all, but I suppose something I liked about smash 4's characters is that it still left the door open for both classic characters and newer characters/older characters that got a more recognizable role recently in its base roster such as Robin, Rosalina, Palutena, the Miis, and Shulk. DLC did this as well with its 4 newcomers.
Of course, we've already had a few newer characters from Inklings, Chrom, and Isabelle, and it can't be helped that the amount of newcomers is going to be rather small due to the crapton amount of content we're already getting.

When looking at the current newcomer cast for smash ultimate, only a third of them (:ultinkling:, :ultchrom:, :ultisabelle:) have been somewhat recent, while the others (:ultdaisy:, :ultridley:, :ultsimon:, :ultrichter:, (arguably :ultdarksamus:), :ultkrool:) are pretty much agreed to be classic characters.

Again, I don't mean to hold anything against classic characters, I particularly like what characters such as Isaac and Skull Kid could bring to the table, but I do get the feeling that sometimes people don't pay modern characters much thought unless they're from Pokémon, which is a shame. With the ballot confirmed to be used in ultimate, I can see why mostly classic characters are being discussed as they are by far the most famous. Dee just happened to (most likely) get a surprising amount of votes thanks to his roles in Rainbow Curse and Return to Dreamland, so he feels like a strange outlier in that regard.

As for "big name youtube support", I know that:
-Failboat, a Nintendo streamer (I believe mostly splatoon) hasn't really been too vocal about smash to my knowledge, but he has mentioned Bandana Dee as one of his most wanted on several occasions.
-Alpharad has also shown interest, but he's a much bigger Marx supporter.
-Vinesauce Vinny is kind of in the same boat as Alax, having various other characters he'd prefer to see but wouldn't mind Bandana Dee at all.
-Derrick from Gamexplain should also be mentioned, he's definitely shown his support for the boi.

Dee is definitely not a big name among the most famous nintendo/smash youtubers, but I don't think he's really unknown either. Not discussed as much? Yeah, that's probably true. :c
Edit: It's kinda sad, really, all of these new characters with a lot of great potential just getting swept under the rug in favor of characters who haven't been as relevant. I'm not trying to bash the older characters, but there just feels like there's less variety, considering how the majority of the newcomers are older, a lot edgier, or both; and I dislike it, since Nintendo isn't supposed to be about being that edgy.

I'm not so sure about that Gamexplain part, since he posted this:

This means he's probably a Marx fan, too. It also makes me suspicious that the Bandana Dee video (you know, the one that got us into this mess and most likely screwed us out of any DLC and/or future Smash games) was sabotage.

With all of these people who will stop at nothing to make sure Bandana Dee doesn't get in: Hate on him, call him a Hat Goomba, and support Marx so he can steal our slot! We need to find a big name who supports Bandana Dee so we can actually stand a chance against the haters.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it felt mostly like bias tho when he bumped his rates up. I'm not saying its a bad thing; we need all the support we can get; but I don't remember there being much reasoning as to why he could/would be in the game as opposed to why he should.

Edit: It's kinda sad, really, all of these new characters with a lot of great potential just getting swept under the rug in favor of characters who haven't been as relevant. I'm not trying to bash the older characters, but there just feels like there's less variety, considering how the majority of the newcomers are older, a lot edgier, or both; and I dislike it, since Nintendo isn't supposed to be about being that edgy.

This means he's probably a Marx fan, too. It also makes me suspicious that the Bandana Dee video (you know, the one that got us into this mess and most likely screwed us out of any DLC and/or future Smash games) was sabotage.

With all of these people who will stop at nothing to make sure Bandana Dee doesn't get in: Hate on him, call him a Hat Goomba, and support Marx so he can steal our slot! We need to find a big name who supports Bandana Dee so we can actually stand a chance against the haters.
That reminds me.
There aren’t enough bandana boy plushies.
Give me plushies HAL
I’d get 10.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I am so ****ing ready for this hat goomba **** to be over with. I'm so sick of that baseless argument. My worst fear is that Sakurai somehow agrees with it and we have another "too big" situation. Anyways, I'm still 99% sure he's happening. 100% as DLC if he's not base game.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Highly disagree. To me all of Smash 4's characters felt more like advertising campaigns than classic characters like K.Rool and Ridley who if we're all being honest with ourselves SHOULD'VE been added to the series a long time ago. To me Ultimate is basically "filling in the gaps" of characters that should've been here already but aren't. I get it if you're age 10 you're not gonna be hype about K.Rool, Dark Samus, Simon Belmont, and Ridley (though Ridley is relevant through Samus Returns). But to me as someone who is age 24 and been gaming with Nintendo since the late SNES/early N64 days. This roster feels like its speaking to me personally. There's nothing wrong with aiming for different demographics/age groups. Most of the Switch userbase afterall (according to Nintendo) are people my age. Might as well throw us a bone too. Smash 4 had PLENTY of new "relevant" characters for the younger crowd Corrin, Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, Villager, Shulk, Dark Pit, Palutena, Greninja, Alph (kinda), etc. None of those characters were my cup of tea. I'm glad all those characters are their for their fans but to constantly hear "NOT relevant" complaints when the only classic 1st party characters we got in Smash 4 were Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, and Little Mac..just feels like fans being too entitled especially when compared to Ultimate the only "classic" characters we've gotten so far are K.Rool, Dark Samus, and Ridley.. (2 of which being HIGHLY requested for YEARS and should've been there a long time ago..)

3 characters compared to the 9 or 10 characters of Smash 4...and their's still "relevant" picks coming like Inkling, Daisy, Chrom, Isabelle (all of which except Daisy I'm hyped for BTW!). We don't know the full roster yet so to see people be disappointed in basically only 2 long requested "classic" characters makes me legit sad. I feel Ultimate's roster IMO is about on par with Brawl's newcomers it has the perfect balance of old and new. It feels 50/50 IMO instead of Smash 4's 85% modern/15% classic characters. Smash IMO works best when seeing old and new Nintendo clashing and colliding. Why settle to only represent one gen of Nintendo when you can represent all era's/gens of Nintendo? Especially when Nintendo's fans range from all ages/era's? Idk man just been extremely disappointed in the Smash fanbase who only want "relevant" picks. It's like these people have some sort of stock in Nintendo or something and need to see quarterly results. lol

D-Man9293

Smash Ace

Oh yeah, I remember when he posted those, they have nothing to do with Smash, and were a reference to how odd it is that Marx is a friendly presence in Star Allies.

And yeah, big name or not, support is clearly what is most important for the fighters in Ultimate, hence Dark Samus and Ridley. I'd much much rather have Marx as a boss than a fighter.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
While I feel I have no right to claim this sort of stuff, I just have to say it. I feel like Marx is VERY unfit for Smash. I keep looking over Marx's moves in Star Allies and I just can't see how it can properly be added in Smash without him being insanely broken. It also doesn't help that literally the biggest reason many people want him in Smash is PURELY for moveset potential (and to snuff out the Dee) whereas we want Bandee for multiple reasons (he would complete the rtdl quartet, his moveset would be innovative AND balanced, he is part of the main four, the Kirby series could seriously use a new fighter etc). Plus, the only reason he is even remotely relevant nowadays is because of Star Allies. So yeah, I seriously can't imagine him making it in (at least before Bandee). Also, whatever Marx can do, Magolor can do better, so there is that too...

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Haven't actually shown any support to the little bandanna boy, but I didn't leave him out of my latest bored creation.

nintendo tug of war.png

He's too short to contribute, but he's cheering them on at his best. May the little guy avoid being Waaaah'd.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Haven't actually shown any support to the little bandanna boy, but I didn't leave him out of my latest bored creation.

View attachment 170474

He's too short to contribute, but he's cheering them on at his best. May the little guy avoid being Waaaah'd.
Oh, I like this image. Clever how the most speculated characters are near the end of the rope.
May the boi do his best at encouraging his friendos.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
People are so awfully pessimistic about how 'little' support there is for Bandana Dee when he's literally topped every Japanese speculation poll we've seen...

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
People are so awfully pessimistic about how 'little' support there is for Bandana Dee when he's literally topped every Japanese speculation poll we've seen...
Well, he was under Inkling and K Rool, technically. (And some others I forget) However, he is the most popular character worldwide not counting any who have been confirmed/deconfirmed.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I moreso meant the big names of the smash/nintendo community. I've definitely seen quite a bit of support for him in quite a few YT comments sections. And as you said the Japanese community has shown on multiple occasions that they expect Dee to pop up at one point or another (like in Famitsu), and with how much Kirby and Waddle Dee merch is over there, I have no doubts his popularity is definitely big overall, even in the west with him slowly becoming more popular since Brawl and 4 speculation. I apologize if I came over as pessimistic or misworded my posts in that regard, that wasn't my intention.
EDIT: Grammar correction

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
It's good to know that we have the entirety of Japan on our side regarding Bandana Dee :grin:. So if haters bring up the dumb 'goomba with a hat' argument, we should all move to Japan, assemble the troops, and cause havoc to the world who makes fun of our bandana boi. This timeline shall be known as: World War 3 - The Legend of Dee.

But seriously though, I'm glad japan agrees with us in wanting Bandana Dee in smash, as he is currently #1 in Japan. Whenever I feel there isn't much loud support from us or haters keep bringing us down, I always remember that Japan still loves the Dee. So there's no way Sakurai can ignore the Bandana Dee love, especially in his homeland. He has to show Bandana Dee in some form in smash and can't be ignored this time.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I just want to remind you all that WHERE a character is popular doesn't matter, as Dark Samus was added thanks to her popularity in the West. All that matters about Bandana Dee support is that he IS popular.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I just want to remind you all that WHERE a character is popular doesn't matter, as Dark Samus was added thanks to her popularity in the West. All that matters about Bandana Dee support is that he IS popular.
And hey being popular world wide means he must be very popular!

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
True, I do agree he is popular worldwide in a way. Though I was thinking about his popularity in only Japan for a bit there, like how Ridley was popular in the West. Apologies if you thought I was only going for Japan's picks instead of anywhere, as I want BD to become a fighter due popularity worldwide not just Japan. All I know is that BD is most popular in Japan currently but popular elsewhere, like how Isaac is very popular in Europe and other places as well.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I did a poll for most wanted characters on my Smash Ultimate discord server (it has over 600 members) and Bandana Dee came in second place with a difference of 16 votes.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I am so ****ing ready for this hat goomba **** to be over with. I'm so sick of that baseless argument. My worst fear is that Sakurai somehow agrees with it and we have another "too big" situation. Anyways, I'm still 99% sure he's happening. 100% as DLC if he's not base game.
That could actually be the case, considering how there's that on top of Sakurai's bias towards his games and modesty towards the series in general, he could use it as the excuse (and by perfect, I mean absolutely stupid) to not put Bandana Dee in the game.

And it would be really bad because saying "Too Big" was "We can't implement this", while "Hat Goomba" would just be "I'm siding with the haters" or "I'm ignorant towards what's become of my creation", because as we can see, the team can eventually find a way to get something hard to implement implemented (just look at Ditto), but saying that he dislikes something means that it's Game Over.

It's good to know that we have the entirety of Japan on our side regarding Bandana Dee :grin:. So if haters bring up the dumb 'goomba with a hat' argument, we should all move to Japan, assemble the troops, and cause havoc to the world who makes fun of our bandana boi. This timeline shall be known as: World War 3 - The Legend of Dee.

But seriously though, I'm glad japan agrees with us in wanting Bandana Dee in smash, as he is currently #1 in Japan. Whenever I feel there isn't much loud support from us or haters keep bringing us down, I always remember that Japan still loves the Dee. So there's no way Sakurai can ignore the Bandana Dee love, especially in his homeland. He has to show Bandana Dee in some form in smash and can't be ignored this time.
My problem with that logic is that Japan has a smaller population than NA, so there about just as many haters as Japanese fans. I don't know how he looks at who to pick, but hopefully it's not just raw numbers because that would be bad, since we'd probably get drowned out even with JP on our side.

I did a poll for most wanted characters on my Smash Ultimate discord server (it has over 600 members) and Bandana Dee came in second place with a difference of 16 votes.
Hopefully 1st place wasn't Marx or any other Kirby character.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Won't be long until we're at 100 pages (something the Skull Kid support recently achieved)

Here's to the best Dee in dreamland!!!

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Why do Kirby fans always get angry at each other over which Kirby Rep will make it in next?
I've studied the following chart carefully:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JUOC8SrZKhWky1ju9XXb8HkYAj4CAR-4HWNsX_Kjnj4/
and I see a pretty direct correlation between the number of Kirby reps and how good Ultimate is.

The solution to this problem is to not only add Bandana Dee as the 4th Kirby rep, but add 5th and 6th Kirby reps as well. That way, everyone's happy!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, I don't really want any Kirby character to get in over others, I like them all equally.

Highly disagree. To me all of Smash 4's characters felt more like advertising campaigns than classic characters like K.Rool and Ridley who if we're all being honest with ourselves SHOULD'VE been added to the series a long time ago. To me Ultimate is basically "filling in the gaps" of characters that should've been here already but aren't. I get it if you're age 10 you're not gonna be hype about K.Rool, Dark Samus, Simon Belmont, and Ridley (though Ridley is relevant through Samus Returns). But to me as someone who is age 24 and been gaming with Nintendo since the late SNES/early N64 days. This roster feels like its speaking to me personally. There's nothing wrong with aiming for different demographics/age groups. Most of the Switch userbase afterall (according to Nintendo) are people my age. Might as well throw us a bone too. Smash 4 had PLENTY of new "relevant" characters for the younger crowd Corrin, Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, Villager, Shulk, Dark Pit, Palutena, Greninja, Alph (kinda), etc. None of those characters were my cup of tea. I'm glad all those characters are their for their fans but to constantly hear "NOT relevant" complaints when the only classic 1st party characters we got in Smash 4 were Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, and Little Mac..just feels like fans being too entitled especially when compared to Ultimate the only "classic" characters we've gotten so far are K.Rool, Dark Samus, and Ridley.. (2 of which being HIGHLY requested for YEARS and should've been there a long time ago..)

3 characters compared to the 9 or 10 characters of Smash 4...and their's still "relevant" picks coming like Inkling, Daisy, Chrom, Isabelle (all of which except Daisy I'm hyped for BTW!). We don't know the full roster yet so to see people be disappointed in basically only 2 long requested "classic" characters makes me legit sad. I feel Ultimate's roster IMO is about on par with Brawl's newcomers it has the perfect balance of old and new. It feels 50/50 IMO instead of Smash 4's 85% modern/15% classic characters. Smash IMO works best when seeing old and new Nintendo clashing and colliding. Why settle to only represent one gen of Nintendo when you can represent all era's/gens of Nintendo? Especially when Nintendo's fans range from all ages/era's? Idk man just been extremely disappointed in the Smash fanbase who only want "relevant" picks. It's like these people have some sort of stock in Nintendo or something and need to see quarterly results. lol
giphy.gif

Man, that just spoke out to me, I'm proud of ya. As a fervent supporter of older characters, I feel they deserve as much of a chance as the newer ones.

...was 1st place something dumb like Goku?
Even if he was, he'd be disqualified on the grounds of being a manga character.

That said, I'd be okay with it as long as the character in question originated in video games.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
One thing that I noticed is that out of the Japanese ballots Dee and Magolor are the only top 10 fighters who we haven't heard about. Wold, Snake, Ridley, K. Rool, and Inkling are in. Shovel Knight is an assist trophy. Waluigi was never going to happen anyway. Geno is unlikely but could happen. Elma, Isaac, and Shantae I think were either out of the top 10, or if they were, they're still pretty unlikely.

I guess that means if Sakurai actually listens to the fans like he did with most of the others Dee, and hopefully Magolor, should be in. If they're not, I guess that confirms that Sakurai is still being modest toward Kirby.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess that means if Sakurai actually listens to the fans like he did with most of the others Dee, and hopefully Magolor, should be in. If they're not, I guess that confirms that Sakurai is still being modest toward Kirby.
Less that, and more "but I don't want to use stuff made by other people". Kinda like parents that are unsure about adoption when they're already fine with the kids they got.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
It would be awesome, but oh so weird, if Kirby had 5 or 6 reps this time. Obviously there's Bandana Dee and Magolor, but I don't know who would even be a sixth rep honestly.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Won't be long until we're at 100 pages (something the Skull Kid support recently achieved)

Here's to the best Dee in dreamland!!!
I haven't been around here for long, but it's strange to think that page 100 is as close as it is. Looking forward to it!

One thing that I noticed is that out of the Japanese ballots Dee and Magolor are the only top 10 fighters who we haven't heard about. Wold, Snake, Ridley, K. Rool, and Inkling are in. Shovel Knight is an assist trophy. Waluigi was never going to happen anyway. Geno is unlikely but could happen. Elma, Isaac, and Shantae I think were either out of the top 10, or if they were, they're still pretty unlikely.

Perhaps, no, almost definitely it's my personal bias speaking, but I feel like Kirby's got the biggest shot of getting two unique newcomers of any series. (Even if it's still extremely low.) Then again, I feel like Magolor will most likely show up as a boss if anything. Well, a man can dream.

On a different note, something I found in the Bandana Dee discord that user Omar2203#9284 posted.

Seems like in addition to Dedede's and MK's changes and the victory poses, looks like we even got something derived from Planet Robobot in Kirby's F-smash and some more RTDL animations in Kirby's movement. Which is always nice to see.

It would be awesome, but oh so weird, if Kirby had 5 or 6 reps this time. Obviously there's Bandana Dee and Magolor, but I don't know who would even be a sixth rep honestly.
I'd go for either a Meta Knight echo, or Dark Matter swordsman. I feel like both could be potential newcomers. (Dark Matter maybe not for a while though, it'll heavily depend on the next Star Allies update whether he has a chance or not.)
If Sakurai however decides to pull from a recent release like with Corrin, Prince Fluff may also even have the smallest of chances. Maybe not as much as a Pokémon gen 8 character, an FE 3 Houses character, or King Boo (because Luigi's Mansion 3), but I feel like it could be possible. (Then again I'm heavily biased towards Epic Yarn so maybe I'm just doing some wishful thinking.)

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
As for people wondering who hit the top of my poll it was Geno.

Also I had a dream recently which had a joint reveal for Bandana Dee and Magolor but after checking the Smash website, Dee was nowhere to be seen so the whole thread freaked out wondering what had happened.

Tiltedssb

Smash Cadet
What if they had already decided on who to add as DLC in Smash 4. What if the poll was for this game instead? Smash 4 was over and Sakurai wanted to know how to truly make this game Ultimate by knowing what the fans wanted most?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
What if they had already decided on who to add as DLC in Smash 4. What if the poll was for this game instead? Smash 4 was over and Sakurai wanted to know how to truly make this game Ultimate by knowing what the fans wanted most?
I'm pretty sure that's actually the case. Sourcegaming found evidence that Bayo had her preliminary data long before the ballot ended, and was most likely planned before it even began, meaning it was probably a cover-up for Ultimate (and because of it, I cringe every time someone calls Bayo the "Ballot Winner").

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's possible. Sakurai said Cloud was requested but he didn't mentioned the ballot. Lucas, Ryu, Corrin and Roy seemed planned before. Bayonetta was possibly decided fairly early in the ballot, so it still left room for others.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It's possible. Sakurai said Cloud was requested but he didn't mentioned the ballot. Lucas, Ryu, Corrin and Roy seemed planned before. Bayonetta was possibly decided fairly early in the ballot, so it still left room for others.
It's not really that possible she was an early ballot choice. Her data was found initially 2 weeks into the ballot by that time they had to go through the entire legal process to acquire her rights and finish the outline for her design. While it is possible she was picked like day 1 it's far more likely she was planned to be DLC anyways or at the very least they had a shortlist of characters they were going to pick and from the tiny bit of data she was the highest among those names. Either way it's far more likely she was chosen sure to factors other than the ballot.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
It's what I believe happened. I feel like there were some necessary evils behind the ballot. They couldn't announce that they were working on a new smash game at that point, but they also couldn't go on and not reveal a ballot "winner", so to speak. Looking back on it now, if that's the case, I can understand why they acted in such a manner.
Sakurai had already confirmed that at the very least, King K. Rool's, Dark Samus's, and Chrom's inclusions were from the ballot, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the ballot's purpose was to get a better idea for who to choose for Ultimate and not 4 DLC.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's not really that possible she was an early ballot choice. Her data was found initially 2 weeks into the ballot by that time they had to go through the entire legal process to acquire her rights and finish the outline for her design. While it is possible she was picked like day 1 it's far more likely she was planned to be DLC anyways or at the very least they had a shortlist of characters they were going to pick and from the tiny bit of data she was the highest among those names. Either way it's far more likely she was chosen sure to factors other than the ballot.
So she was picked by Sakurai? Wow, I mean, I knew he had a great taste but nice!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
What if they added a Kirby rep from each of the Dream Friends waves?
Dee
Marx
Ado and Ribbon
Magolor
I guess I'll go through each wave.

Dedede/Meta Knight/Bandana Waddle Dee: Two of them are already playable. Next.

Rick & Kine & Coo/Gooey/Marx:
Personal choice is Gooey as a Kirby semi-clone. (I'd also love echo but lack of feet and overal bodily structure difference makes it unlikely.) There's enough potential for the animal buddies, but I have trouble thinking of a cohesive moveset with Marx's abilities. Personally feel like he's got more potential as a boss. That being said, Marx is the most popular of the three, so if it's going to be anyone of these three, it's probably him.

Adeleine & Ribbon/Dark Meta Knight/Daroach:
If I had to choose one, I guess I'd go for Daroach, but similar to Marx, I have trouble imagining a cohesive moveset around his abilities. I feel DMK has the highest shot as he's the frontrunner for a Meta Knight echo, and I can see A&R happening if the demand is strong enough, but I can't help but feel the support for Marx and Magolor might be overall greater. The Kirby fandom made a pretty big deal over their introduction in Star Allies, but I don't see them mentioned too often. Hell, I see Daroach's name getting dropped more. But still, they've got potential, and 64 is a strangely nostalgic game for me so I'd be down for it.

Magolor/Taranza/Susie/Jambastion Mages: It's a tough choice between Magolor and Susie for me. Magolor could probably work when incorporating his variations of Super Abilities, some simple attacks, and maybe some reality bending if it's possible. That being said, I love the Robobot Armor and I feel Susie has more than enough moveset potential when taking stuff from the Robobot's variants of the copy abilities. When it comes to abilities, it's a tie for me, but I guess I prefer Magolor as a character and his design so I guess I'll go for him. (Though let's be honest if he appears at all, which I think is likely, he's probably going to be a boss.) Taranza would feel better as a puppeteer AT I feel, as he only got one fight in TKCD to pull from. And the Jambastion Mages... I guess could work? But I must admit to not being a fan of them. And unlike Magolor and Suzie, I don't think they'll be used as much once Star Allies' last update comes out.

Top Bottom