• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just hope that if it turns out we only get what Vergeben says from here on out, people don't do what they did with Gematsu and still deny its legitimacy.
I really don’t get the comparison, Gematsu didn’t get Chrom or Chorus Kids, giving people incentive to believe it was false (And yes this is coming from a person who 100% believes in Gematsu)

If Vergeben were to hypothetically end up being 100% accurate with no other content, it wouldn’t give people any sort of incentive to deny it.

Really I find this comparison kind of flawed as it overlooks certain variables that would separate the two rumors would this hypothetical scenario end up being truthful.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't think we're only going to get what Vergeben said, I think his sources have legitimate info but he didn't know about Richter nor did he know about King K. Rool and K. Rool sounds really hard to miss given how big of a deal he was. It's possible that his leaked characters are all that's left and I won't be that shocked if it happens but I think there's reason to believe a couple characters could have slipped by him.

Also, how's everyone doing? It's been a while since I posted here lol

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think we're only going to get what Vergeben said, I think his sources have legitimate info but he didn't know about Richter nor did he know about King K. Rool and K. Rool sounds really hard to miss given how big of a deal he was. It's possible that his leaked characters are all that's left and I won't be that shocked if it happens but I think there's reason to believe a couple characters could have slipped by him.

Also, how's everyone doing? It's been a while since I posted here lol
I dont even think we'll get incineroar. There's just something that feels off, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of his sources are wrong.

also, NintenZ NintenZ I like your character choices (sig). That Ashley gif is so cute.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, I'll support!

He's definitely not my most wanted character, but I'll welcome any new Kirby reps with open arms. :D
He's also a cutie. :3

I dont even think we'll get incineroar. There's just something that feels off, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of his sources are wrong.

also, NintenZ NintenZ I like your character choices (sig). That Ashley gif is so cute.
Hi mom! :)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He didn't know about a few echo fighters, and they are the kind of fighter that would be added later in development. Like Gematsu, Verg has a chance of being outdated.

D

Deleted member

He could he right he might not be regardless let's focus in Bandana Dee and hope he gets in.

Still believe he'll be in.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Alright. Let's settle this. Vergeben might be credible, but like all leakers he can still get some wrong. He's gotten many things wrong about many games in the past, and some of his sources have been very unreliable and flat-out wrong (remember when one of his sources said there would be no DK reps?). You can trust him if you like, and be pessimistic as you want, but you can't say that a leaker will get everything right.

We need a new topic. Is there anything we haven't discussed in a while?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Alright. Let's settle this. Vergeben might be credible, but like all leakers he can still get some wrong. He's gotten many things wrong about many games in the past, and some of his sources have been very unreliable and flat-out wrong (remember when one of his sources said there would be no DK reps?). You can trust him if you like, and be pessimistic as you want, but you can't say that a leaker will get everything right.

We need a new topic. Is there anything we haven't discussed in a while?
So....
What's the weirdest/least talked about thing you want in Bandana Dee's moveset? Personally I want to see him use the Kirby 64 minecart and/or a Nruff as his side-b, it'd be like Bowser Jr.'s or Wario's.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
So....
What's the weirdest/least talked about thing you want in Bandana Dee's moveset? Personally I want to see him use the Kirby 64 minecart and/or a Nruff as his side-b, it'd be like Bowser Jr.'s or Wario's.
I commonly see people refer to elemental buffs when talking about Star Allies, but I personal like implementing some of the friend formations in certain ways. The Friend Train as a dash attack or side B where Dee charges forward, including a hat change like with the Blunderbuss, or using the Star Allies Sparkler as a Final Smash. I think it’d fit him, as he’s pretty much the best example of an ally to Kirby.

D

Deleted member

Would not mind if he had a train or tank type move in his Move set based off, Waddle Tank, and Waddle Train bosses from Kirby Return to Dreamland.

Don't know if they'd do it but you never know.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I think Star Allies would've been too recent for representation in his moveset... if it was base roster. DLC could certainly open up some Star Allies stuff for him, which I would 100% be behind. I could see some friend things in his moveset... I wonder if they'd be stronger in team matches? If I were to implement his elemental attributes, I'd do it in the form of a counter. If it's a normal attack, he'll take the knockback, but his opponent takes the damage. If it's something like Mario's fireball or Pikachu's thunder jolt, all damage and knockback is nullified, and his spear gets the element of said attack. Of course, any way they implement him as playable is fine by me. XD

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

Well, I'll support!

He's definitely not my most wanted character, but I'll welcome any new Kirby reps with open arms. :D
He's also a cutie. :3

Hi mom! :)
Teeb? Dylly? Is this the right thread???

Unfortunately, I think Star Allies would've been too recent for representation in his moveset... if it was base roster. DLC could certainly open up some Star Allies stuff for him, which I would 100% be behind. I could see some friend things in his moveset... I wonder if they'd be stronger in team matches? If I were to implement his elemental attributes, I'd do it in the form of a counter. If it's a normal attack, he'll take the knockback, but his opponent takes the damage. If it's something like Mario's fireball or Pikachu's thunder jolt, all damage and knockback is nullified, and his spear gets the element of said attack. Of course, any way they implement him as playable is fine by me. XD
I don't think they need to implement any of that to make him a unique fighter. Even if there's another spear/lance user down the line, they won't have the same body structure and play style as him. However, if there was an elemental mechanic, I could see it being something like Monado Arts, where Bandana Dee starts with no element, and can add or change elements with an attack that brings in a helper friend who hits Bandana Dee (or his weapon, at least). Just like in Star Allies, that attack changes the element of his spear attacks.

The elements themselves would be kinda like this:

Water: Best knockback, but low damage
Fire: Best damage, but low knockback
Electric: Low Damage and Knockback, but is easy to combo with, thanks to enemy hitstun.
Wind: High Speed and Jump height, but makes Bandana Dee even lighter than before
Ice: Poor Stats, but has a low chance to freeze the target

I'm not so sure how I'd feel if it was actually implemented, because calling for Allies (outside of maybe his Final Smash if he inherits King Dedede's one from Brawl) would make him feel less unique, and kinda reinforce the Goomba Argument.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
So... what song do you guys think will play during Bandana Dee's reveal? I'm hoping for either a remix of the rtdl boss theme or "under my Control". What are you guys thinkin?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So... what song do you guys think will play during Bandana Dee's reveal? I'm hoping for either a remix of the rtdl boss theme or "under my Control". What are you guys thinkin?
I could see any song from Modern Kirby getting picked, but if I had to pick one, it'd be "Exciting!", which is the Boss Theme from Return to Dreamland. Maybe a remix of the Apple Juice song if the Smash Team had the development time.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking The Adventure Begins from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, a remixed version of the megaton punch minigame, Cookie Country first level theme, or maybe the Cookie Country map theme/Title Screen music from RtDL.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Let's hit the Climax! will start playing as Bandana Dee starts performing some really long combo strings and gives us all this awkward sense of deja vu.

No but seriously, I'd expect a arrange of Cookie Country, it'd be perfect.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
apple scramble would be suitable but i suppose something from adventure wii would be most appropriate

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
There are many options for a reveal, but I feel like his 20-second trailer would most likely have Apple Scramble.

As for his potential reveal trailer, others have already mentioned great picks, but my personal 2 choices go to the following:

I mean, there are probably better choices out there, but this has always stuck out to me as this is my favourite boss theme from the first game where Dee had a more prominent role than Meta Knight or Dedede.

But my absolute favourite choice is this:
I know it's a remix of Masked Dedede but hey, he was Dedede's sidekick in that song's origin game, and Kirby's numnber two in this one.

Bonus: ...But if they for some godly strange reason decide to make a cross-series reveal trailer (which I don't think will happen) with a certain legacy request... what better song to choose than the one that directly references the other person's game?

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hmm, when it comes to music for him, maybe we could hear this when he first shows up on screen:
Though oddly enough, that's a remix of the first Kirby's Dreamland title screen... which Bandana Dee wasn't in.
I think a remix of Megaton Punch would work too, though that has the drawback of being an older song, and old Kirby is already well represented in Smash. Hmm, maybe the main theme of Battle Royale?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I hope we get Smash news this week, but it's kinda unlikely.
Maybe Nintendo will wait until November.
They probably will, considering how Nintendo removed the "New" banner yet had no reveal later.

If I were to guess the rest of the hype cycle, it'd be that they do nothing for October, have a final Direct in November and reveal Ken, Incineroar, Spritis(?) Mode and possibly Steve and Geno/Sora.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even as someone who dislikes the character, i feel that he is worth of being in Smash.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Hmm, when it comes to music for him, maybe we could hear this when he first shows up on screen:
Though oddly enough, that's a remix of the first Kirby's Dreamland title screen... which Bandana Dee wasn't in.
I think a remix of Megaton Punch would work too, though that has the drawback of being an older song, and old Kirby is already well represented in Smash. Hmm, maybe the main theme of Battle Royale?
I think that could work as his victory theme I won't lie.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Oh my goodness, why is everything in Kirby so cute??
So that everything terrifying in Kirby has that much more power.

What's the weirdest/least talked about thing you want in Bandana Dee's moveset?
What is BWD took a page from the Jigglypuff book and had a "Sleep" move with a little nightcap similar to a Noddy? It's a completely different Kirby character, a move that's already seen in another moveset, but it's something? Right? It's something?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So that everything terrifying in Kirby has that much more power.

What is BWD took a page from the Jigglypuff book and had a "Sleep" move with a little nightcap similar to a Noddy? It's a completely different Kirby character, a move that's already seen in another moveset, but it's something? Right? It's something?
So what you're saying is that Jigglypuff mains would get to teach all the new Bandana Dee mains how to play with Rest? I'd love that honestly.

Last edited:

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
I think people forget about a lot of unique mechanics that could be worked into Bandana Dee's moveset, like his Rainbow Curse transformations or his item tossing. I think if Sakurai were to fully get his hands on him, Bandy's moveset would be a lot more gimmicky than just swinging a spear and parasol around.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
So Shokio has just declared Bandana Dee the worst possible character you could possibly add to Smash.

The last time he said that it was about Ridley...guess who we got? So Bandana Dee confirmed!?

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
So Shokio has just declared Bandana Dee the worst possible character you could possibly add to Smash.

The last time he said that it was about Ridley...guess who we got? So Bandana Dee confirmed!?
I’ve been hearing a similar story about a certain Daisy fan first dissing Ridley and K. Rool and now dissing Dee.
And now we have this person.

Gonna be honest, this just makes me want the boy even more.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I’ve been hearing a similar story about a certain Daisy fan first dissing Ridley and K. Rool and now dissing Dee.
And now we have this person.

Gonna be honest, this just makes me want the boy even more.
Trust me as a K.Rool fan. The hate just gives your support game more drive. All "The IRRELEVANT", and "OWNED BY MICROSOFT" and the classic "TOO FAT & UGLY" just made me want and campaign for him even more. Just to rub it in their smug think they know it all faces. If Bandana Dee gets in you bet your bottom dollar he's gonna be added to my main rotation of players. Best believe it! Catch me online and catch these Crocodile, Dee, and Isabelle hands! lol

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Trust me as a K.Rool fan. The hate just gives your support game more drive. All "The IRRELEVANT", and "OWNED BY MICROSOFT" and the classic "TOO FAT & UGLY" just made me want and campaign for him even more. Just to rub it in their smug think they know it all faces. If Bandana Dee gets in you bet your bottom dollar he's gonna be added to my main rotation of players. Best believe it! Catch me online and catch these Crocodile, Dee, and Isabelle hands! lol
God I hate it when I hear people say K. Rool is owned by Microsoft because he's not, he's owned by Nintendo. I hate hearing people spread misinformation.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
God I hate it when I hear people say K. Rool is owned by Microsoft because he's not, he's owned by Nintendo. I hate hearing people spread misinformation.
I've seen a lot of it die down now that he's been confirmed but I fear if Banjo or Steve is added. It's just gonna open that can of worms up again...."So I guess Microsoft leant the rights to K.Rool back to Nintendo in exchange of Minecraft promotion in Smash HUR-DE-DUR!"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've seen a lot of it die down now that he's been confirmed but I fear if Banjo or Steve is added. It's just gonna open that can of worms up again...."So I guess Microsoft leant the rights to K.Rool back to Nintendo in exchange of Minecraft promotion in Smash HUR-DE-DUR!"
Big Youtubers that talk about Smash like RelaxAlax and Blocked Content think K. Rool is owned by Microsoft and I remember hearing them both say that would tie in with Banjo getting in lol!

Last edited:

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice

So his chances have skyrocketed immensely all of a sudden?

This guy. I don't know why he keeps doing this. All this does is make it obvious that he hasn't played the games in the series or done any research, so he just comes off as an ass when pretending he knows what he's talking about.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

First Gamexplain, then the Marx fans and now this guy. I swear every corner I turn that isn’t this thread, there’s hate for him. And this hate does have on effect on who gets in. If Sakurai hears that this guy from the games he prefers to avoid is hated in NA, is he gonna add him to the game? Of course not. Even if it doesn’t end up working that way, we will be losing supporters. How people are introduced to Bandana Dee can be the difference between “Oh yeah, he’s a main character. Of course he should be in Smash!” and “Goomba with a Hat? That’s a terrible idea!”. Either way, the haters will effect how the DLC ends up going, and it has to stop. We need to fight back. It sounds crazy, I know, but they’re doing everything in their power to spread hate for Bandana Dee, so I think we should do everything we can to spread love for him. We need to find a way to create good publicity for Bandana Dee, because almost all of the publicity he has is negative. There is a legion of Deetractors, and we need to evolve from a Bandana Brigade to a Bandana Reesistance. Am I exaggerating? Maybe a little. Maybe a lot. But we still need to make our voices heard.

PS: Even if you think it’s gonna be a Ridley situation, why don’t we try to turn the hate into love? It won’t hurt.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Looks like Shokio needed someone else to hate after Ridley got confirmed.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now Shokio is a name I haven't heard in YEARS, but yeah he's a pretty notorious Ridley hater, I honestly wouldn't give him much mind.

Top Bottom