• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

Anyone got thoughts on this image? It's probably fake, but I thought it;d be interesting to discuss.
I'm sure it's fake and I do find it suspect that the UI isn't shown in the image, but I would love it if it was real.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Well... it's a better leak than random text posts. I applaud the effort if fake, but I cheer as I biasedly accept as real because it suits my desired reality.

It seems like it was meant to shock us with 'SKULL KID!', but I'm just happy that the leaker decided that our Apple Boi was the best choice to lend credulity to his leak. A very good indicator of public opinion!

Fane

Smash Journeyman
It's more than likely fake.

Skull Kid's render is poorly made, almost looks like it belongs in the 3DS version tbh.

Anop

Smash Apprentice
I’m really losing hope in our boy.. with no reveals this week, I really think we will only get one direct or the 50 fact extravaganza in November. I’m really believing the box theory now and we will probably only get Incineroar and Ken..
It really pisses me off that again Sakurai completely ignored the Dee, like in Smash 4, not showing him anywhere, not even in DDD’s final smash or a simple, mere trophy.
I might be wrong (and I really hope so) but I’m not feeling so optimistic after the famitsu article and all the “credible” leaks not mentioning him.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I’m really losing hope in our boy.. with no reveals this week, I really think we will only get one direct or the 50 fact extravaganza in November. I’m really believing the box theory now and we will probably only get Incineroar and Ken..
It really pisses me off that again Sakurai completely ignored the Dee, like in Smash 4, not showing him anywhere, not even in DDD’s final smash or a simple, mere trophy.
I might be wrong (and I really hope so) but I’m not feeling so optimistic after the famitsu article and all the “credible” leaks not mentioning him.
Same. At this point, my goal is just that Bandana Dee isn't deconfirmed just so we have another shot with DLC, because the only fighters that have a good chance at this point are Incineroar, Ken, and to a lesser extent: Steve and Geno (yes I believe Vergeben. I even started calling him Dark Lord Vergeben)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
. I even started calling him Dark Lord Vergeben)
This might be one of the cringiest things I've read, I don't care how accurate he is, he's an ass who I wish people wouldn't give the attention he very obviously craves. He's one of the worst things to ever happen to the smash hype cycle

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
Imagine if Bandana Dee doesn't even get a trophy, similar to Smash 4.
I mean, it's REALLY unlikely that there won't be any trace of our boy...
I'd almost think he was guaranteed DLC at that point.

D

Deleted member

Anyone got thoughts on this image? It's probably fake, but I thought it;d be interesting to discuss.
It looks fake, but it hasn't actually been disproven yet, it was too follow up thisView attachment 169152

On one hard, I hate leaks, on the other these are my favourites.
Ignoring the fact that they didn't even bother to take a full screenshot and it's blurry as hell, i think it's fake because the way the characters are positioned feel so lifeless compared to every other character in the game so far, it's also incredibly weird that Skull Kid's feet are touching the ground even though it's supposed to look like he's floating.
This might be one of the cringiest things I've read, I don't care how accurate he is, he's an *** who I wish people wouldn't give the attention he very obviously craves. He's one of the worst things to ever happen to the smash hype cycle
I just want to mention, Bandana Dee has far more going for him than a leak/rumor, we have actual evidence with his pause screen flavor text and the description on the website, if it's not smash then it'd imply a spin-off or something.

And if Vergeben does mention Bandana Dee, it's best not to feed him and make Bandana Dee a leak/rumor mascot like Inceniroar and Ken have become, it's best to stick to what we've been given so far, as in the end every "credible" leaker could be wrong, it happened with Gematsu, it could happen with Vergeben.

It's likely been said several times already, but it should be kept in mind.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I find harder to believe than leaks is people who believe them and get pessimistic as a result.

Don't believe Vergeben just because he has a higher accuracy than other leakers. At the end of the day, 99.999999999% of all leakers are attention-seeking internet trolls and the "accurate" or "credible" ones just got lucky. I doubt that Vergeben is one of the 0.000000001% that risks their job to give relatively unimportant information to an online community, especially considering the things he has gotten wrong.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I find harder to believe than leaks is people who believe them and get pessimistic as a result.

Don't believe Vergeben just because he has a higher accuracy than other leakers. At the end of the day, 99.999999999% of all leakers are attention-seeking internet trolls and the "accurate" or "credible" ones just got lucky. I doubt that Vergeben is one of the 0.000000001% that risks their job to give relatively unimportant information to an online community, especially considering the things he has gotten wrong.
I apologize if I come over as pedantic, but some leakers tend to rely on people they know to leak the information to them, sources they get information from. This way the actual leaker, the source, is less likely to lose their job, as an acquaintance of them actually spreads the information around but can still spoil the surprise because some people are just a bunch of asses.

But anyway, I personally think he actually has some of these sources, but as @TheDarkMetaKnight said, the possibility of a Gematsu repeat should not be ignored. Leakers aren't always right, no matter how credible they are. A Castlevania bundle was recently revealed for the PS4, and not the switch, like Vergeben believed. Even the most credible of sources can mess up. At most one should consider the possibility of a leaker being correct, instead of treating it as gospel. And besides, as K. Rool and various other characters have shown, he doesn't know everything.

On a slightly different note, regarding the box theory, I'll admit that I believed the music theory to be a realistic theory, so with this week's song in mind, I genuinely believe the box theory has a decent shot of being wrong. Not guaranteed, but I don't feel like two characters, including echoes, is all we have left.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nothing has been against Bandana Dee yet, so I don't get why you would lose hope? He has enough riding on him like other characters in the running do.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

https://i.imgur.com/RrHH67D.jpg
I mean, seriously, look at this. :grin: Kirby looks so damn happy, Meta Knight's looking at the plush of himself and he's all like "D'you wanna come home with me, little guy? Yeah, you do.", and it amuses me to no end that Dedede's bought the most, here (also, that model-kit of the current iteration of Robo Dedede got a chuckle out of me - the packaging is exactly like that of the snap-together model-kits of old). :laugh:

https://i.imgur.com/mKk8Q4I.jpg
Also, the next series of Kirby bottled mini-erasers has a sleeping Bandana Waddle Dee in it. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Hope you don't mind me posting this here Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin , but I just had to share this preciousness with everyone here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That is just...

Too cute I guess it makes sense Kirby and all.

Heh he and his buddies cheer you up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice

https://i.imgur.com/RrHH67D.jpg
I mean, seriously, look at this. :grin: Kirby looks so damn happy, Meta Knight's looking at the plush of himself and he's all like "D'you wanna come home with me, little guy? Yeah, you do.", and it amuses me to no end that Dedede's bought the most, here (also, that model-kit of the current iteration of Robo Dedede got a chuckle out of me - the packaging is exactly like that of the snap-together model-kits of old). :laugh:

https://i.imgur.com/mKk8Q4I.jpg

Hope you don't mind me posting this here Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin , but I just had to share this preciousness with everyone here.
Can that Waddle Dee with the blue uniform be one of Bandana Dee's alts plz?

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Oh my goodness, why is everything in Kirby so cute??
Dark Matter, Magolor Soul, Zero Two and Void Termina say hi.

Ignoring the fact that they didn't even bother to take a full screenshot and it's blurry as hell, i think it's fake because the way the characters are positioned feel so lifeless compared to every other character in the game so far, it's also incredibly weird that Skull Kid's feet are touching the ground even though it's supposed to look like he's floating.

I just want to mention, Bandana Dee has far more going for him than a leak/rumor, we have actual evidence with his pause screen flavor text and the description on the website, if it's not smash then it'd imply a spin-off or something.

And if Vergeben does mention Bandana Dee, it's best not to feed him and make Bandana Dee a leak/rumor mascot like Inceniroar and Ken have become, it's best to stick to what we've been given so far, as in the end every "credible" leaker could be wrong, it happened with Gematsu, it could happen with Vergeben.

It's likely been said several times already, but it should be kept in mind.
I'm not entirely sure about that, since some of the versions mention it being a prize to "represent the Waddle Dees", which could mean that it just means nothing. I really hope not tho.
I apologize if I come over as pedantic, but some leakers tend to rely on people they know to leak the information to them, sources they get information from. This way the actual leaker, the source, is less likely to lose their job, as an acquaintance of them actually spreads the information around but can still spoil the surprise because some people are just a bunch of *****.

But anyway, I personally think he actually has some of these sources, but as @TheDarkMetaKnight said, the possibility of a Gematsu repeat should not be ignored. Leakers aren't always right, no matter how credible they are. A Castlevania bundle was recently revealed for the PS4, and not the switch, like Vergeben believed. Even the most credible of sources can mess up. At most one should consider the possibility of a leaker being correct, instead of treating it as gospel. And besides, as K. Rool and various other characters have shown, he doesn't know everything.

On a slightly different note, regarding the box theory, I'll admit that I believed the music theory to be a realistic theory, so with this week's song in mind, I genuinely believe the box theory has a decent shot of being wrong. Not guaranteed, but I don't feel like two characters, including echoes, is all we have left.
While it is true that he doesn't know anything, the fact that he's claiming four newcomers where there seems to be barely any space for two should say something about the odds of everyone else. And also, while Dark Lord Vergeben has been wrong about games other than Smash before, he's proven to be spot-on about Smash. While it's entirely possible for some of his later sources to go and turn on him, I wouldn't count on it. Even then, there's still the Box Theory, so if 2 of them aren't in the game, there still could be no more slots left for Bandana Dee thanks to the other 2, and I can't see him getting all four of them wrong.

Honestly, Dark Lord Vergeben is nothing but a hype killer and one of the worst things to happen to Smash Bros, and I really hope his reign of terror doesn't continue to DLC.

D

Deleted member

Vergeben I am thankful for the news, he's given and am grateful for what he's given. He never needed to do any if this, but I'm glad and grateful for the news, and thankful for all he's given us, yes not everyone's fond of the guy. But I'm thankful and wish him all the best. Wheather there is DLC which seems likely. He probably can't wait to be done with Smash stuff, but that's my thoughts. Again my best to him.

Anyway leaks or not I believe Bandana Dee is in, and will continue too.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Dark Matter, Magolor Soul, Zero Two and Void Termina say hi.
They're meant to be scary, but in the Kirby art style everything looks so cute that they look kinda cute, in a weird way (except for Void Termina, which is the only thing they managed to make not cute in Kirby by making it a behemoth of a monster with a mask on).
I'm not entirely sure about that, since some of the versions mention it being a prize to "represent the Waddle Dees", which could mean that it just means nothing. I really hope not tho.
Eh, BWD has a lot more going for him than most other characters. He's popular, relevant, unique, the cutest thing that has ever existed, etc. I think his chances are just as good, if not better than an Enix rep or a Gen 7 Pokémon.
While it is true that he doesn't know anything, the fact that he's claiming four newcomers where there seems to be barely any space for two should say something about the odds of everyone else. And also, while Dark Lord Vergeben has been wrong about games other than Smash before, he's proven to be spot-on about Smash. While it's entirely possible for some of his later sources to go and turn on him, I wouldn't count on it. Even then, there's still the Box Theory, so if 2 of them aren't in the game, there still could be no more slots left for Bandana Dee thanks to the other 2, and I can't see him getting all four of them wrong.
Vergeben has said some stuff that was simply untrue in the past, such as that DK will get no more reps. I found a thread where he claimed that his source for that was actually a troll mere hours before the Direct dropped, but most likely he just thought "no way they aren't going to add one" and decided to drop the idea early. He claims to have multiple sources, but that could also simply mean that he's making stuff up and if he gets something wrong, then he can say his source was completely wrong and he's still credible.
Honestly, Dark Lord Vergeben is nothing but a hype killer and one of the worst things to happen to Smash Bros, and I really hope his reign of terror doesn't continue to DLC.
You got that right. Nothing kills the hype cycle like a leaker that guessed right, because then everybody treats his word as gospel, and if he's right it ruins the surprise, but if not it's even more saddening for fans of that character. Imagine if Vergeben and all of his "sources" said Bandana Dee would be in next Direct, but then next Direct he was confirmed assist. Not only would it be regular levels of painful, but it would be even more painful because of all the people who thought that Vergeben was correct and that BWD was a 100% shoe-in and they got extremely hyped up for him next Direct.
EDIT:
Vergeben I am thankful for the news, he's given and am grateful for what he's given. He never needed to do any if this, but I'm glad and grateful for the news, and thankful for all he's given us, yes not everyone's fond of the guy. But I'm thankful and wish him all the best. Wheather there is DLC which seems likely. He probably can't wait to be done with Smash stuff, but that's my thoughts. Again my best to him.
I don't think leaking characters is really nice, because as I said above it kills hype. I wouldn't be happy if someone leaked, say, the entire story for an entire new season of a TV show, because if you know all the plot points and everyone's discussing them on the forums, then what's the point of watching the show? I also wouldn't be happy, if someone leaked, say, the entire roster + DLC of a fighting game, because if you know all the characters, what's the point of speculation? What's the point of hoping for a character not on the list, if you know they're not in the game?

This is assuming that Vergeben hasn't been guessing the whole time, which is a whole other can of worms.
Me too, Kremling Man, me too. The more Kirby, the merrier!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I agree with the Bandana Dee bit but as for Vergeben himself... Let’s just say that he can be a bit troublesome sometimes and that’s why a lot of people, myself included, aren’t to fond of him as a result. But that’s all I’ll say on the matter.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Leaks are certainly bittersweet. On one hand, they can give some confirmations for characters we've got serious questions on. On the other hand, it's a bit of a bring down to only be shown stuff that's already been predicted. I think that's what made K. Rool's reveal so much sweeter. A lot of us speculated he had to be in this time, but no one really leaked him, making him a much bigger surprise.

Maybe Bandana Dee will be the same way? I really want to believe, but... we've got so little time left before launch, and there aren't any Smash directs even planned on the horizon. We're getting fewer and fewer days to reveal him as potential. At this point, I've essentially given up on seeing him base roster, and I'm hoping for DLC...

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
Leaks are certainly bittersweet. On one hand, they can give some confirmations for characters we've got serious questions on. On the other hand, it's a bit of a bring down to only be shown stuff that's already been predicted. I think that's what made K. Rool's reveal so much sweeter. A lot of us speculated he had to be in this time, but no one really leaked him, making him a much bigger surprise.

Maybe Bandana Dee will be the same way? I really want to believe, but... we've got so little time left before launch, and there aren't any Smash directs even planned on the horizon. We're getting fewer and fewer days to reveal him as potential. At this point, I've essentially given up on seeing him base roster, and I'm hoping for DLC...
I think DLC is our best shot. Since I don't really follow leaks, I don't know much about the current leaks other than Vergeben's name and a few of his predictions. I'm thinking have 2 uniques and 2 echoes left pre-launch.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I think DLC is our best shot. Since I don't really follow leaks, I don't know much about the current leaks other than Vergeben's name and a few of his predictions. I'm thinking have 2 uniques and 2 echoes left pre-launch.
Agreed, which means we will unfortunately have quite a wait still ahead of us. Hopefully the wait will be worth it!

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I still think our boy has a good shot at making it in the base roster, if not he is definitley going to be DLC.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm sorry but people who think Vergeben has been making "lucky guesses" at this point are in complete denial. He's absolutely legitimate.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm sorry but people who think Vergeben has been making "lucky guesses" at this point are in complete denial. He's absolutely legitimate.
Okay, but he can still be wrong is the thing that people don’t realize.

He has a track record, yes, but so did Gematsu, so did Liam Robertson, and look at how their rumors turned out.

TBH, lucky guesswork isn’t the best thing to say in this situation, but let’s just say that what he is saying is a rumor, and all rumors are either subject to change or could very well be wrong or outdated in the end.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, but he can still be wrong is the thing that people don’t realize.

He has a track record, yes, but so did Gematsu, so did Liam Robertson, and look at how their rumors turned out.

TBH, lucky guesswork isn’t the best thing to say in this situation, but let’s just say that what he is saying is a rumor, and all rumors are either subject to change or could very well be wrong or outdated in the end.
One big difference between this and Gematsu is that the latter dealt with real but outdated information. Considering Vergeben knew that Ridley would be revealed at E3 specifically, I don't think his information is outdated.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
One big difference between this and Gematsu is that the latter dealt with real but outdated information. Considering Vergeben knew that Ridley would be revealed at E3 specifically, I don't think his information is outdated.
It was a generalization for all rumors, besides everything else I said applies.

Things like this shouldn’t be taken as fact just because the person has a good track-record, besides he’s gotten things wrong in the past with other games so he’s not perfect.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I mean to be fair, if they were going to announce any of the 'leaked' characters at E3 it was going to be Ridley, hands down.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Considering all the stuff he hasn't known shows he doesn't have all the cards either. Also, he wasn't the first to leak Simon or Ridley and the rest of his info were all really safe picks. The only things he's leaked that would make him far more credible haven't even happened yet but we can still take his word as 100% law sure.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was a generalization for all rumors, besides everything else I said applies.

Things like this shouldn’t be taken as fact just because the person has a good track-record, besides he’s gotten things wrong in the past with other games so he’s not perfect.
But the big thing is that he's yet to get anything wrong regarding Smash itself, meaning whatever sources he has giving him Smash info are legitimate. Other games aren't relevant here, as he's only as credible as his sources are.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you mean the leak that was a copy of someone else's and predicted the one character that was in every "leak"?

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
But the big thing is that he's yet to get anything wrong regarding Smash itself, meaning whatever sources he has giving him Smash info are legitimate. Other games aren't relevant here, as he's only as credible as his sources are.
Just like Gematsu until Robin.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually yes they do apply, because regardless of which games they’re for, it’s his track record which has been notoriously inconsistent across the board.

Besides, he’s mentioned that he has multiple sources giving him widely varying information, there’s always a chance of one of them ending up being wrong, this is why we shouldn’t take these things as 100% fact.
Just like Gematsu until Robin.
Literally this couldn’t be a more perfect comparison.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just hope that if it turns out we only get what Vergeben says from here on out, people don't do what they did with Gematsu and still deny its legitimacy.

Top Bottom