• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I wasn't talking about Dee, I was just referencing his point.

To make this post about Dee, I assume he'll get a trophy in this game if he isn't playable, so I'm curious what they'll have to say about him.
If Dee doesn't get a trophy....

Well I guess that would count as proof that Sakurai's ego is too big for him to be in charge of the roster.

11th

Smash Apprentice
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 :
I suppose I should have said "more or less retired". Mr. Kojima never officially used the word "retired", but he did say that the voice was an important part of the character for him and that he couldn't imagine anyone else filling the role. [1]/[2] (Not perfect English, but hopefully it's clear enough. The alternative is Japanese.) As far as I know, he didn't have a history of replacing voice actors outside of story reasons.

While Mr. Kojima no longer works on the series, I hope that Konami will respect his thoughts on the matter.

---

To get back on track, a question: Have you guys thought of any idle animations and taunts you'd like for Dee?
I want at least one where he fixes his bandana.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I suppose I should have said "more or less retired". Mr. Kojima never officially used the word "retired", but he did say that the voice was an important part of the character for him and that he couldn't imagine anyone else filling the role. [1]/[2] (Not perfect English, but hopefully it's clear enough. The alternative is Japanese.) As far as I know, he didn't have a history of replacing voice actors outside of story reasons.

While Mr. Kojima no longer works on the series, I hope that Konami will respect his thoughts on the matter.

---

To get back on track, a question: Have you guys thought of any idle animations and taunts you'd like for Dee?
eating an apple would be neat

GooberHonker

Smash Rookie

---

Definitely the idle from Star Allies where he admires his spear. The shine in his eyes was adorable

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I'd like to see bandana dee use his Jump animation from Revenge of the King. Look how he flutters his little arms. So darn cute.
Bandana Dee jump.gif

Speaking of, what kind of unique, NEW traits do you want Smash to give Dee? Sakurai always puts a little personal spice on a character, like K.Rool's 4 legged running, to really give their personality some Oomph and freshness.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Maybe a taunt where he trips, gets back up, and shakes himself off? That seems in his character.

I'm also thinking, it'll probably be better if we see Bandana Dee get a trophy in game. Lucas, Mewtwo, and I believe Roy had trophies before DLC. It basically tells us the character wasn't forgotten. How I hope Sakurai hasn't ignored Bandana Dee with no trophy at all...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Koopalings aside, the only Roy content in pre-DLC 4 was Marth's Roy palettes and Winning Road.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Koopalings aside, the only Roy content in pre-DLC 4 was Marth's Roy palettes and Winning Road.
Hmm, so it'd seem no trophy doesn't necessarily mean the end for Bandana Dee...

I also just realized, that with DLC in mind, Bandana Dee now has three competitors, with Marx, and Adeliene joining Magolor. I... still wanna say Bandana Dee has the edge, being a part of the main recurring cast, but these three are some fierce competition.

SwitchButton

Also something to note: before being added as a Newcomer in Brawl, Diddy Kong didn't ONCE appear in Smash in any way, shape, or form.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Also something to note: before being added as a Newcomer in Brawl, Diddy Kong didn't ONCE appear in Smash in any way, shape, or form.
Huh, yeah, for some reason DK Jr. got a trophy in Melee, and Cranky Kong appeared in the background of Kongo Jungle. Diddy was the most logical choice for a second DK rep though, with K. Rool giving him a slight run for his money.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hmm, so it'd seem no trophy doesn't necessarily mean the end for Bandana Dee...

I also just realized, that with DLC in mind, Bandana Dee now has three competitors, with Marx, and Adeliene joining Magolor. I... still wanna say Bandana Dee has the edge, being a part of the main recurring cast, but these three are some fierce competition.
While Marx, Magolor and Adeleine are big picks for Kirby characters, they really don’t stand up to Dee popularity-wise. I think there’s nothing to fear.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Uh, guys? I've been hearing that the Grinch leak (or whatever's been making the rounds recently, I don't know) is fake. Apparently, some dude (Mariotehplumber? I don't know) corroborated the leak, and he went to some crazy lengths to pull it off. Supposedly, he released a YT video where he essentially gave himself away by accident or something?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh, guys? I've been hearing that the Grinch leak (or whatever's been making the rounds recently, I don't know) is fake. Apparently, some dude (Mariotehplumber? I don't know) corroborated the leak, and he went to some crazy lengths to pull it off. Supposedly, he released a YT video where he essentially gave himself away by accident or something?
A known troll is trying to take credit for the most popular Smash leak without showing evidence.

SwitchButton

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Hey guys,

I was a supporter for Bandana Dee in Smash 4, but if this leak is real, he's at the top of the list for my most-wanted DLC!

We need the whole gang together! We all have to unite up to show our support!

Just look at my profile pic...

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Guys don't lose hope yet! Remember yoshi wooly world amiibo data and Makiko Oomoto comment on Bandana Dee?,One way or another Bandana waddle dee will be in smash bros ultimate!

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76514442

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9a0bsy/kirbys_va_on_bandana_dee_in_smash_well_what_will/
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Woolly world Amiibo data was most likely made up. The source isn’t credible who even himself said that the waddle dee data was made up after a while. It can’t really be used as evidence, much to my dismay.

But I do want to believe in Oomoto’s comment, even if it feels like grasping at straws. We can only hope.

KeyOh

Smash Cadet

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

I'm sure everyone has already seen it by now, but there's a direct!
This is going to be the do or die moment for every character out there for a shot in the base roster.
Will every character from the Grinch leak make their debut?
Will Incineroar cement Vergeben's track record as perfect for Ultimate?
Or could it be someone else?
Will Bandana Dee or Skull Kid take the leakers and speculators by surprise?
Or will a left field character such as Dillon?
What IS the green mode on the main menu?
And who are the final assist trophies and Pokémon to be deconfirmed?
FIND OUT NEXT TIME, ON SUPER SMASH BROS. Z GOD DAMN IT MAKE NERVOUSNESS END ;_;

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
As someone who currently feels extremely pessimistic about getting my Bandanna Dee prediction right, I wish you guys luck.
Thank you, I remember being one of the ones trying to convince you to add him to your predictions time has flown.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am probably not going to predict Bandanna Dee for DLC after the point of the direct honestly.

Still, I thank all the people who managed to convince me that Bandanna Dee holds a chance of being playable. :)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Time's coming :)

I think it'll be a good time to see where BD stands. I still think it makes sense for him to be in base roster. Let's see!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well let's see how things turn out on Thursday.

All the leaks out there right now are contradictory so let's see who got things right in the end.

He may get his prize yet.

FancySmash

Smash Lord

I'm sure everyone has already seen it by now, but there's a direct!
40 minutes huh?
That's 40 minutes to:
A. Announce 7 characters
B. Give an in depth look at spirits mode
C. Tie up any other loose ends
Hmm, I might just be skeptical, but that's a rather tight time crunch, isn't it? It also doesn't help that this is the last Smash direct. Now, they could announce characters in general Nintendo directs, or in the 50 Fact Extravaganza, but for this to work with just one Smash Direct, Sakurai's gonna need to talk as fast as Sonic moves.

Top Bottom