• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Dang, the direct airs when I'll be volunteering at the humane society. I'll have to watch it afterwards and risk heckin spoilers.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Guess I'll have to catch it on my break. Hope seems to be the last thing to die. I'm feeling like 50 different emotions at once. I just need something for our Boi to be In this game. I just can't handle it right now.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Guys, real talk: I know I haven't been around, but the Dee has never left my heart. I'm still a staunch supporter, and I'm going to be hoping for him in this direct, the only character not on the leak that I'm doing this for. If ANYONE can get in despite the leak, it's Bdee.

Good luck, guys!!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
For this last direct, I'll finally be able to hold my Waddle Dee amiibo next to me while watching it.
May we be blessed in these dire of times.
Although my hope for base roster are at an all time minimum, it's not at 0.
Not yet.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
For this last direct, I'll finally be able to hold my Waddle Dee amiibo next to me while watching it.
May we be blessed in these dire of times.
Although my hope for base roster are at an all time minimum, it's not at 0.
Not yet.
It should never be 0. In the unlikely scenario that Dee isn't in the base roster, we have to make sure Sakurai hears us. We want Dee more than we want some random guest or retro fighter.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Bandanna Dee is gonna be a part of the new Holy Trinity; if the Grinch Leak is correct. Either way; you're in a good spot.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Holding out hope for Bandana Dee on Thursday. It's time for him to have his Ultimate Battle Royale against some of his Star Allies as we Return to Dream Land!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Dang, the direct airs when I'll be volunteering at the humane society. I'll have to watch it afterwards and risk heckin spoilers.
You can avoid spoilers by loading the page on Nintendo.com and hitting reload when coming back

D

Deleted member

Looking forward to whatever we're with ya spear boy.

Smash awaits. If not someday you'll be here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Stopping by to wish you guys luck on your boy Bandana Dee making the cut.

And remember if he doesn't. There's still DLC. ;)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
If by any small chance the Grinch leak is real, remember Sakurai has already been working and listening to feedback. Hope for the best, expect the worst: In the worst case scenario, we need to start preparing our DeeLC arguments now!

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Double D'sLC! Dixie and Bandana Dee for Ultimate DLC! I've said it time and time again but if neither is revealed Thursday then I HOPE Dixie and Bandana Dee become the new Rool/Ridley in terms of fan support. Dixie is a Nintendo All-Star and Bandana Dee is damn near one IMO. Captain Toad needs to be DLC as well. Because Toad has been shafted as well for FAR too long.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys, I know everything looks a tad bleak thanks to that stupid Grinch leak, but we can't throw in the towel yet! There is still time for our bandana boi to waddle onto the scene! The moment we give up is the moment we lose, so no matter what happens, STAY HOPEFUL!!!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Alright guys, I know everything looks a tad bleak thanks to that stupid Grinch leak, but we can't throw in the towel yet! There is still time for our bandana boi to waddle onto the scene! The moment we give up is the moment we lose, so no matter what happens, STAY HOPEFUL!!!
Even if Banadana Dee doesn't show up in the base roster, there is nothing against him being for DLC.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
B Dee's the shiz. Havent heard too much around him, but Sakurai wouldn't just do nothing with him. We just gotta see where he at :)

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Maybe I should elaborate. Ahem, nothing concrete is against Bandana Dee.
Unless of course Sakurai hits him with the assist trophy hammer...if we get another "assist trophy montage" and I see Dixie and Bandana Dee apart of it. I will...continue watching the stream and then proceed to continue to buy the game but be a bit disappointed and heartbroken (just like I was with Krystal).

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Don't let any Grinch leaks get your hopes down and remember that DLC is still a thing if he's not in the base game

Nothing short of an Assist Trophy can deconfirm Bandana Dee!

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER LOSE HOPE.

chadana dee.png

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
vergeben claiming grinch leak is fake and issac is an assist trophy. Whether your on team grinch or vergeben let’s all just keep hoping and staying positive for our bandana boi!

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Here is a question that has been bothering me for quite some time. Is Bandana Dee King Dedede's sidekick anymore? I know he acted as Dedede's advisor is Revenge of the King, but we haven't really seen him act that way in later games. Rainbow Curse's intro actually hints that Bandee is kinda just doin his own thing now. There is also the fact that Kirby is pretty much Bandee's best pal. However, the end of Guest Star (When playing as the rtdl crew) shows Dedede and Bandee snuggling together, giving us the idea that the two still have close bonds. What do you guys think?

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Here is a question that has been bothering me for quite some time. Is Bandana Dee King Dedede's sidekick anymore? I know he acted as Dedede's advisor is Revenge of the King, but we haven't really seen him act that way in later games. Rainbow Curse's intro actually hints that Bandee is kinda just doin his own thing now. There is also the fact that Kirby is pretty much Bandee's best pal. However, the end of Guest Star (When playing as the rtdl crew) shows Dedede and Bandee snuggling together, giving us the idea that the two still have close bonds. What do you guys think?
I think Bandana Dee’s gone away to do his own thing, but is still on good terms with Dedede. Not seeing him alongside Dedede in Triple Deluxe’s and Planet Robobot’s intro is my main reason for this.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
vergeben claiming grinch leak is fake and issac is an assist trophy. Whether your on team grinch or vergeben let’s all just keep hoping and staying positive for our bandana boi!
I'm on team wait till the final direct (which is in 28 hours) to think you know what the final roster is.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Not really. KSSU was mainly is introduction into the series. Since then he's been more of an individual character, who helps Kirby more than he is seen alongside Dedede. He really is the P4 of Kirby.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Acemania Acemania : Here are a few guesses based off (almost) absolutely nothing.

WMG #1: They're intentionally setting him up to go off on his own. (Kinda what SupriceSupplies said, but we'll eventually see what he does.)
WMG #2: The dev team can't decide if they want him to be Dedede's right hand Dee, or Kirby's friend (or something else?).
WMG #3: ... they just forgot (or didn't consider it) during Triple Deluxe and Robobot. Dedede and MK may have been planned for something in Rainbow Curse, though, given that their models were fully rigged, but obviously it didn't work out.

While #1 could be interesting to see, my gut is leaning towards #2, but if that is the case, then I don't really understand why it's a problem -- there's no reason why he can't do both. Him having ties to both Dedede and Kirby lends him a ton of potential without much work as opposed to him being alone or just being Kirby's friend. I feel like that's the trap that many of Mr. Shimomura's character's fell into; they pretty much just existed to be Kirby's allies and not much else, and because of how many there were, none were able to get much screen time to develop. I don't want to see Dee fall into that...

It would be more economical from a storytelling perspective to keep them (Dedede and Dee) together because they (the dev team) wouldn't have to set aside an entire game just for him, and they could build off of each other. (Which is also why I'd like to see them reference the fact that Dedede and MK were obviously allies of sorts in Adventure. How have they not once referenced that in twenty-five years???) Right now the priorty seems to be the lore as opposed to the recurring characters. We're getting main games that either focus on one member of the quartet (TD = Dedede, PR = MK) or have almost no focus on any (RtDL, SA). There's no in-between because the main series doesn't really stop for dialog or story scenes that aren't for the character(s) of the day or the final boss. They can hint at a lot through pause screen text and dev blogs and the sort, but it's not the same as seeing the characters actually do things. ("Show, don't tell.")

... I work with characters a lot. Sorry.

Anyway, trying to finish working on something before the Direct hits... I want to be ready in case something happens.
24 hours until it starts.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Guys, we always have to respond as fast as possible so this thread remains on top!
That seems like a bad idea, since it would lead to a lot of people spamming in order to keep this thread up top.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why do you want it to stay on top?

more recognition for B D?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Honestly, I feel like there's nothing to really worry about, either he's in the base game or he isn't, but let's be real, DLC is going to happen in some form, it would be ridiculous if it didn't happen. The end point is no longer when the game releases, it's whenever we get that final DLC video presentation.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Remember, Magolor and Dee were the 7th and 4th most popular worldwide requests. It would be unreasonable for Sakurai not to have them in.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Cautious optimism for my sweet little baby boy.

I'm unsure of his chances but I hope he does make it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom