• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

D

Deleted member

If this was already mentioned in this thread, then apologies to whoever said it first.

You know how there are people out there who use the statement of "he's just a Goomba with a hat" against Bandanna Waddle Dee?

I already know a lot of what makes this statement not the most logical one out there. I just wanted to share one additional point that goes against this claim that I don't really see brought up a whole lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
-post removed, please don't respond to spam-
With what, and why are you posting this here? O_o

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If this was already mentioned in this thread, then apologies to whoever said it first.

You know how there are people out there who use the statement of "he's just a Goomba with a hat" against Bandanna Waddle Dee?

I already know a lot of what makes this statement not the most logical one out there. I just wanted to share one additional point that goes against this claim that I don't really see brought up a whole lot.

A lot of those people actually consider Goombario more deserving of a slot in a Smash roster than Bandanna Waddle Dee. Yes, I'm serious. Some jackass actually made this:

162E1521-80C0-4D92-AF81-D053032255D4.jpeg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Meanwhile Goombella gets ignored, even though she's more interesting than Mario's #1 fan.

D

Deleted member

A lot of those people actually consider Goombario more deserving of a slot in a Smash roster than Bandanna Waddle Dee. Yes, I'm serious. Some ******* actually made this:

View attachment 166332
.................I have so many questions, yet I do not wish for any answers.

Meanwhile Goombella gets ignored, even though she's more interesting than Mario's #1 fan.
Oh believe me, I don't have anything against Goombella. I just though Goombario fit the bill of "Goomba with a hat" better since, well, he actually wears a traditional hat. Goombella's is more of a Captain Toad style headlamp but hey, more things to go against the dumb "Goomba with a hat" claims for Bandanna Dee are welcome in my book.

Speaking of Captain Toad, playable Goombella in Treasure Tracker 2 please.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A lot of those people actually consider Goombario more deserving of a slot in a Smash roster than Bandanna Waddle Dee. Yes, I'm serious. Some ******* actually made this:
He could be in. He's wanted especially in Japan and he would be easy to make.
I hope this guy's wanting Dee to be an Isabelle-style fighter and not an echo.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Maikou

Smash Ace

Thing is, whether Deetractors have played Paper Mario or not, the majority of them don't know Bandana Dee at all. And honestly, the ones who do know Goombario probably assume Bandana Dee is roughly identical because both of them have blue headgear. In the end, I don't think Goombario is really relevant at all when it comes to Bandana Dee, as the only real similarity is that they're both allies who wear blue headgear. Their personalities, roles, and abilities are entirely different, not even getting into how, as stated, Bandana Dee is the fourth main character of Kirby's franchise these days, whereas Goombario remains limited to one game, possibly two if one counts his cameo in Super Paper Mario.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Speaking of Captain Toad, playable Goombella in Treasure Tracker 2 please.
As a rival to Toadette? I can see it...actually I need that.

Yo, random but does anyone know where I can hear a clear voice of Bandana Waddle Dee? Not his song, I mean his in game voice in Battle Royale. I remember someone said he sounded like the Inklings but I want to hear it for myself. All the clips I can find have him drowned out by the games music :s

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
Seriously, it's insane how many people are sleepin' on this character. He has more than proven his spot as the 4th man in the Kirby team, he isn't shy of moveset potential, and is obviously very popular...or maybe people realize that and use the "goomba with a hat" ideology to try and downplay bandana dee so they feel like their characters have a shot over him. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Bandana dee more than deeserves to be in the roster. Count me as a supporter!

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, it's insane how many people are sleepin' on this character.
I'm not sure if people are sleeping on Bandana Dee (he's in the top ten in multiple character polls), but people who aren't that familiar with Kirby games or meme-mongers like to disparage our Dream Friend Ally. But as the proverb goes: "Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate. Fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake. Me? I'm gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake. Shake it off. [And continue supporting Bandana Dee for Smash]"

StormC

Smash Hero
Man, Europe really loves Isaac. (Vlad is a way cooler name than Isaac...)

I feel like Isaac and Bandana Dee are gonna be the biggest disappointments for fans if they don't make it in. Here's hoping...

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
That poll isn't really worth paying attention to. It's been ripe with botting since the start and the dude running it deletes votes en mass if he has a feeling that there's a bot. The creator even admitted that the results were basically nonsense.
He specifically hosted recounts for votes that were botted, and only subtracted votes that were publicly streamed being botted. The guy went through the effort of creating a site specifically dedicated to keeping this poll as bot-proof as possible, so it's pretty weak of you to try and imply that his poll is fraudulent.

Unless you're the rabid Bandana Dee fan that literally created a dozen alt accounts to try and make it seem like the OP collaborating with the botters, the very same that PM'd me this because I pointed out that someone was botting for Bandana Dee. I understand being salty that Bandana Dee lost to Isaac, but stuff like this just makes the Bandana Dee supporters look bad, and it hurts Bandana Dee more than it helps.

Last edited:

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
I'm confident in Bandana Dee winning against Lloyd. If Fire Emblem has taught us anything, it's that lances/spears beat swords...even if the sword user in question wields two of them (just means Bandan will beat him twice)

FancySmash

Smash Lord
He specifically hosted recounts for votes that were botted, and only subtracted votes that were publicly streamed being botted. The guy went through the effort of creating a site specifically dedicated to keeping this poll as bot-proof as possible, so it's pretty weak of you to try and imply that his poll is fraudulent.

Unless you're the rabid Bandana Dee fan that literally created a dozen alt accounts to try and make it seem like the OP collaborating with the botters, the very same that PM'd me this because I pointed out that someone was botting for Bandana Dee. I understand being salty that Bandana Dee lost to Isaac, but stuff like this just makes the Bandana Dee supporters look bad, and it hurts Bandana Dee more than it helps.
Right. At the end of the day, it's all a fan poll that's set up for good sportsmanship. It doesn't have any bearing on the game, but it's a way to get the community involved.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That poll isn't really worth paying attention to. It's been ripe with botting since the start and the dude running it deletes votes en mass if he has a feeling that there's a bot. The creator even admitted that the results were basically nonsense.
just like the ballot

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
Alright, we got a Pokemon song on the blog tonight. I think that means we don't have to worry about the music theory detracting from Dee's chances anymore.
That's pretty good, I was getting tired of people counting him out all of a sudden.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Alright, we got a Pokemon song on the blog tonight. I think that means we don't have to worry about the music theory detracting from Dee's chances anymore.
That's pretty good, I was getting tired of people counting him out all of a sudden.
EXCELLENT

Midnight Torch

Smash Cadet
I'm glad my Bandana boi still has a chance.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Well fought - it was really damn close. I think Dee had some bad bracket luck getting matched up against Isaac that early.
The poll isn't actually real anyways. It's been established by the creator that none of the numbers are accurate. And lets be real Dee losing that matchup shows that it's nonsense. Just rubber band bias cause he won so hard the first round.

It's been established that Bandana Dee is in the subreddit's top 10 so some pretend poll isn't gonna change that

Last edited:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
The poll isn't actually real anyways. It's been established by the creator that none of the numbers are accurate. And lets be real Dee losing that matchup shows that it's nonsense. Just rubber band bias cause he won so hard the first round.
You're starting to sound more and more like the troll that created 10 alts to try and discredit the poll's host, but I'll quote myself again:

You seem very eager to discredit this poll, but as far as I can see, this poll is more secure than most, if anything.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

You're starting to sound more and more like the troll that created 10 alts to try and discredit the poll's host, but I'll quote myself again:
You only hurt yourself when you fly into a rage and accuse anyone that points out facts as all being the same person. The way you're so personally invested in this really makes you look suspicious. Calm down.

The dude admitted that the numbers were nonsense. Full stop. You seem to have a burning hatred at Bandana Dee being a top character among fans but using a fake, imaginary poll to discredit him is just obsessive.

TL;DR: The poll isn't real. Let it go.

Edit: Here's a real poll actually hosted by the mods. This is the only one that can be considered accurate.

https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/89n2gq/official_rsmashbros_smash_switch_character/

Last edited:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
You only hurt yourself when you fly into a rage and accuse anyone that points out facts as all being the same person. The way you're so personally invested in this really makes you look suspicious. Calm down.
I haven't flown into any rage, but you operate in much the same way as the Bandana Dee troll that was banned from /r/smashbros - you try to paint the person you disagree with as hysterical, you try to imply that they are the ones behaving inappropriately, and you repeatedly make unfounded claims without backing them up when pressed. It also doesn't help that your posting history shares some similarities with that of the troll in question.

Not to mention the fact that your choice of words matches as well - "burning hatred", "let it go", "fake, imaginary poll", and "obsessive".

The dude admitted that the numbers were nonsense. Full stop.
Source?

You seem to have a burning hatred at Bandana Dee being a top character among fans but using a fake, imaginary poll to discredit him is just obsessive.
I really don't care about Bandana Dee - he doesn't exactly excite me as a character, but I don't detest him either. I've defended him and his fanbase on a number of occasions, and have even posted in this very thread to talk and ask about him. I've even said that he's one of the most likely characters to be included on several occasions. You have no basis on which to make your claim.

Here's a real poll actually hosted by the mods. This is the only one that can be considered accurate.

https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/89n2gq/official_rsmashbros_smash_switch_character/
This poll was hosted on Google Forms, one of the most vulnerable platforms for this sort of thing, and one of the very same platforms that the Bandana Dee botter streamed himself botting. The sample size was far smaller as well, and unlike the bracket poll, the one you linked did not scan for fraudulent votes.

SwitchButton

but you operate in much the same way as the Bandana Dee troll that was banned from /r/smashbros
You operate in much of the same way as the Anti-Bandana Dee troll that was banned from /r/smashbros.

See how easy that was? Now chill.

source.png

There you have it. In the most IDEAL situation the results are dubious at best. It was so messy and inaccurate that he considers the poll to be cancel-worthy. What else is there to say? If the creator admits that the results are muddled and questionable then it no longer represents the people.
In the end it simply means it's not real/accurate. Thus it can and will be entirely ignored.

The one hosted by the mods is official. There is no evidence to suggest anything went wrong.

Sorry if you don't like the official top 10 of the /r/smashbros community. All the advice I can really say is... turn off the screen?

Last edited:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
You operate in much of the same way as the Anti-Bandana Dee troll that was banned from /r/smashbros.

See how easy that was? Now chill.
What Anti-Bandana Dee troll? I provided links - you didn't.

View attachment 166694

There you have it. In the most IDEAL situation the results are dubious at best. It was so messy and inaccurate that he considers the poll to be cancel-worthy. What else is there to say? If the creator admits that the results are muddled and questionable then it no longer represents the people.
In the end it simply means it's not real/accurate. Thus it can be entirely ignored.
That is literally the comment in which he announced that those results were voided. He's not talking about any results that were used, he's talking about the poll that was redone on a more secure website because someone streamed themselves botting for Bandana Dee. He very specifically created a new and secure website to specifically make sure that his results are trustworthy. You can't discredit secured poll results on the basis that unsecured poll results were thrown out. If anything, the fact that they were recognized as untrustworthy is evidence of competence and vigilance.

The one hosted by the mods is official. There is no evidence to suggest anything went wrong.
You don't consider someone literally streaming themselves using a bot to give Bandana Dee hundreds of votes on the very same polling platform evidence that something might be wrong? The tournament OP threw the unsecured results out and repeated the poll on a secure site - the mods didn't.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

What Anti-Bandana Dee troll?
Find one of the hat goomba posts in the sub. I'm sure you'll find one if you dig around. The point is I can point figures and screech tin foil hat conspiracies about how everyone who I disagree with is one dude.

The creator has admitted that the entire ballot's results are wrong or questionable. To the point where he considers it cancel worthy. If the mods found something wrong with their poll, they would've done something about it.

The top 10 are absolutely, rock solid cemented. The "poll" by the random reddit user is fake. This is just.. a blatant fact.

What's there left to say? Let it go man, it was a goofy non-serious poll by a rando anyways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom