• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Hey guys! There's a rumor that the delayed direct will be on the 13th. Weather or not its true is questionable, but the people who made the rumor, Nintendo Life, successfully predicted previous directs, so I believe they can be trusted. GET HYPED!!!
So this means it's likely getting announced tomorrow then? I guess we'll see..

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I had a dream that Knuckle Joe was confirmed as Kirby's Echo.

That doesn't even make sense, but I still was really disappointed lol.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Direct tomorrow at the same time as originally planned.
Looks like I'll still be screwing up my sleep schedule.
Going to keep my Waddle Dee amiibo near me for good luck.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I think there are three potential character reveals I'm split 45/45/10% on.

The 90% is hinged on either Bandana Waddle Dee or Isaac getting revealed. I 100% believe that the reason the Direct was delayed was due to some potential terrible PR that could have hurt Nintendo pretty bad if they released it the day of the horrific tragedy that happened in Hokkaido. This terrible PR would be from a Smash Bros. Character "falling" into a chasm in the ground either caused my Isaac's Earth Magic or Bandana Dee's Megaton Punch. There is a clear pattern in which Smash Bros. characters are getting hurt or straight up dying in these trailers, so I think my theory is definitely plausible.

The other 10% is that Karate Joe leak that was from a 2003 Japanese Windows computer. What lends it so my credence to me is that the number files in the leak matchup with those on the blog when someone started to dig around in the website files.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I have Extremely high confidence he'll make it.

I mean, his popularity is unavoidable, his moveset has tons of potential, and holy crap, look at those Star Allies character descriptions!

Even if he doesn't show up this direct, I have full confidence that he will show up later down the line.

Attachments

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Holy cow, we hit over 3K posts yesterday on this forum. Nice! I hope Dee gets confirmed in this direct.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Isaac and Skull Kid are thrown around for being revealed, due to things being possible hints towards them. Unfortunately, no hints whatsoever are pointing to Dee.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Personally, if we get any Kirby newcomer other than Bandanna Dee, I'm going to be incredibly surprised. I feel we're more likely to get Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid, or even Geno, but after those four, Bandanna Dee has the strongest chances of making it in, IMO.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
as general policy i wont be getting my hopes up, but it would be great to see him and hopefully he wont get deconfirmed

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
There are no hints pointing to anybody. I could say the same for both Isaac and Skull Kid
The hint for SK was this image. The idea was that the chairs represented the fairies from Majora's Mask, and the couch/pillows had SK's color scheme.
And the hint for Isaac was this image, released by Nintendo itself. The angle represents the angle you see in Golden Sun battles, and the fighters in the image are all swordsman, like Isaac.

These could both be coincidences, but I could easily see them being intentional.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
The hint for SK was this image. The idea was that the chairs represented the fairies from Majora's Mask, and the couch/pillows had SK's color scheme.
And the hint for Isaac was this image, released by Nintendo itself. The angle represents the angle you see in Golden Sun battles, and the fighters in the image are all swordsman, like Isaac.

These could both be coincidences, but I could easily see them being intentional.

Personally, I see those two, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Geno being the most likely at this point. I'd be lying if I said Banjo didn't have a shot too.

I'm not going to hold my breath that we'll see him tomorrow, but I have confidence that our boy will appear in the base game.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration

There is absolutely nothing to suggest either of those are in any way related to Skull Kid or Isaac.

So again. No hints of any kind exist.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
.....Did you even read the post?
Yep, and it's pure conjecture. The color thing isn't even accurate to the character's colors, and the Monster Hunter image is just an attempt at a moster hunter-esque image. Hence the attempted 3D angle and the characters being swordsmen.

No, there are no hints.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Yep, and it's pure conjecture. The color thing isn't even accurate to the character's colors, and the Monster Hunter image is just an attempt at a moster hunter-esque image. Hence the attempted 3D angle and the characters being swordsmen.

No, there are no hints.
Alright, if you say so. Some doubt it, others believe it.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Good luck tomorrow, brigadeers! Bdee's got a great chance tomorrow, especially considering he'd be hugely popular for Japan--to them, he'd be a mainstream pick like a Pokemon or Skull Kid. He's got a great shot!

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
And if he doesn't show up tomorrow. Don't fret: we still have two months for him to get in.

He's got plenty of time. We all want him, and his popularity in Japan is massive. His chances are incredibly high in the long run.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
In light of the realization that we skipped a good chunk of blog content last week due to the Direct's delay, I'm no longer terribly optimistic that Bandana Dee will see a reveal in tomorrow's Direct. We were supposedly set to receive a different song last week, which wouldn't make much sense for a Kirby newcomer since we already received a City Trial remix ages ago. Granted, they could always break that "one song on the blog per series" pattern, but I can't be sure. Only way to find out is to wait until tomorrow, and I'm excited either way!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Might as well say it now since I haven't before; I still support Bandana Dee, as I did for the previous Smash game.

I hope the tough little guy makes into the Smash family this time around!

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Also, I have gotten a friend to join our cause.

Even if we don't see BWD tomorrow, I have at least succeeded in showing a friend the light.

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone! I've been a lurker here for a while now and I just want to say that Bandana Waddle Dee is my most requested fighter to join the roster which I'm confident for his inclusion. The direct is coming up which gives me hope that he'll be there, but I will make sure to keep my expectations in check and not scare my neighbours if he does make it in ;). Even if he doesn't come, we still have about two months until the game releases to support our bandana boi. Let's hope that the Dee finally claims his prize!!
Also can you add me to the supporters list??

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think B D has a great chance like some of the other characters for tomorow. Wishing us all a good time for the reveal. Hope we can all enjoy it and bandana dee would be cool too. :D

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Here from the Isaac thread. Bandana Dee is an awesome character and even I agree the hat goomba labelling is dumb. I'd be so happy for you guys if he got in

Hoi! Less than 14 hours before the Direct! HYPE! I come from the Skull Kid and the Geno threads to wish you all:

Cheers!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey Dreamlanders! Just popping over from the Isaac thread to wish you all the luck tonight! Since my Kirby DnD campaign there is now a warm place in my heart for the Waddle Dee (and his Bandana too!)

I hope he joins the ranks one day! Fingers crossed he does!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I hope Bandana Dee gets revealed today. (He's an underrated boi.)

Just in case Bandana Dee does get revealed, Chandeelure Chandeelure can you add me to the supporter list so I'm on it before he gets revealed?

(Edit: Thanks!)

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It's crazy to think that I've been a part of the Bandana Dee Community for over 5 Years now. I was in the original OG 100 first Supporters. If that all pays off today I don't know how I'll feel.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
It's crazy to think that I've been a part of the Bandana Dee Community for over 5 Years now. I was in the original OG 100 first Supporters. If that all pays off today I don't know how I'll feel.
Similarly, I tend to forget I actually voted on him during the ballot, even after considering Layton and Inkling.
I'll be so god damn happy if Bandana Dee got confirmed, just getting that ballot vote, being part of making a difference, I'd love to know what it feels like.

Top Bottom