• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Kirby Japan posted a Christmas Eve message!

They've also had Christmas art from previous years.

Christmas Eve: Official art from the Kirby Twitter : Kirby
Japanese Nintendo on Twitter: Have a very Kirby Christmas! (from  @Kirby_JP)…

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
When you start to think about it Green Greens seems to have become the Kirby Leit-Motif
considering its played during the First and Last (bonus) Levels aswell as the Last Phase of Final Bosses
because of this i dont get the Too much Green Greens Arguments
luckily it rarely plays in the Middle of the Games and has only 2 Direct Remixes in Smash

Sorry i just wanted to share this tidbit

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Based upon what? Fan polls? We only see a tiny drop in the hat of proper polling. He's no doubt requested, but so was ARMS in general, and there's no doubt Min Min had a lot of requests too at that point.

Like, I don't doubt he's a strong ballot case, but many are. We basically don't have that good of data here. Just something decent but inconclusive.

Also, a character having a lot of requests doesn't mean the overall response by the fanbase will be positive too. There's tons of people who don't request anything but still respond. They're not the same set of people here. Popular requests do not equal "good responses by the majority of the fanbase" either.

He's not massive like Banjo & Kazooie would be, for instance. Or hell, Ridley. He's still a strong request, and I can note even those clearly had people who weren't fans either way. But that's just how it is. I can expect a mostly positive response, but we don't have the data to properly back that up either way.

...The edit should clear up my issue with your point.
Bandana Dee's games sell waaaay more then Banjo or Ridley's games soooo......

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bandana Dee's games sell waaaay more then Banjo or Ridley's games soooo......
Sales do not indicate Smash requests in any way. Since they're completely different data. Of course there will be a bit of overlap. But that's normal anyway.

And frankly, yes, Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie were easily more requested than Dee was. They're extremely popular for Smash itself. They're like the top requests along with King K. Rool by far. Nothing else could stand up to those juggernauts, really(specifically requests for Ultimate, mind you). Dee is up there, though, no doubt. Would be sweet if he got in, though~

Also, something I want to point out is that Sakurai's team did the Spirits in general, not him. That means they decided to make Bandanna Waddle Dee just an upgrade to the regular Waddle Dee Spirit. Sakurai obviously didn't choose him to be playable, though Nintendo may have suggested him. But we won't know that for up to a year anyway, if he's DLC.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I mean if we go off of Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie peoples' reaction towards those characters were pretty postive. Not to say Dee would or wouldn't get a similar response, but I highly doubt Dee's response would be like Corrin or Byleth's.
I personaly would love to see how people react to Dark matter i can already see it

Kirby Fan: Wow hes so cool all the nice reffrences

Non Kirby fan: Who is this what Kirby DL2/3 64 i have beaten these games and he wasnt there
why wasnt it Marx he is so much more important (hes in less Games and hes Dead i think)!

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I personaly would love to see how people react to Dark matter i can already see it

Non Kirby fan: Who is this what Kirby DL2/3 64 i have beaten these games and he wasnt there
why wasnt it Marx he is so much more important (hes in less Games and hes Dead i think)!
If dark matter got in over dee I would be very upset, that being said he's the ideal choice for a 5th kirby

Oracle Link

Smash Master
If dark matter got in over dee I would be very upset, that being said he's the ideal choice for a 5th kirby
I think the same even tho i prefer Dark matter Bwd is just the better Choice because there are no real Cons against him
while Magolor Marx and Galacta fight over the villan spot
and DM he just isnt that well known

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

I dunno I don’t think every Kirby fan would be happy with dark matter

I assume you mean the sword man form

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I think the same even tho i prefer Dark matter Bwd is just the better Choice because there are no real Cons against him
while Magolor Marx and Galacta fight over the villan spot
and DM he just isnt that well known
I think DM is a better chooice for a villain than those because:
1.magolor is no longer a villain
2.marx is a one off
3. galacta has never been the main villain, just a secret boss, even though I would says he's the best choice of those 3
while dark matter is a bit more obscure he's the closest thing to a reaccuring baddie the series has (no, dedede and meta knight are not reaccuring villains, they are reaccuring, but not as villains)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I dunno I don’t think every Kirby fan would be happy with dark matter

I assume you mean the sword man form
I mean Orb / Sword please read what i wrote down below i think its brilliant

Unrelated:
I have an idea something that unites Everyone something Spectacular (i know that you will probably agree but this is a test run)

We need to band Together
The Waddle Dee out to prove himself
the Manacical Jester
The Origin of Evil
The strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
The representation of modern Kirby
and every other Kirby Fan
(is that too Tacky did i forget someone?)

Bandana Waddle dee is our Hope he will march in front will uncover new Kirby Fans (with this i mean he is the best choice for a 4th Rep will People understand that please Rewrite how you see fit)

Will show the Best that The Kirby Fanbase is Awesome ( Because Marx is Contoversial and To a lesser degree so are Magolor/Galcta and Dark Matter is just reaaly unkwon for outsiders the BWD Fanbase is by far the most impresive one)

As soon as he is in every other Villan or heck Gooey and Adeline etc has a bigger Chance! Dont fight this try to Hate BWD Less or Love him more!
(Please help rewrite this i think we should post this on every other kirby Support Page!)

SwitchButton

there is a difference between who is added and who is requested
Probably because the vocal minority of internet poll vote stuffers don't actually represent the majority of game fans

This is why Metroid games dont sell very well despite this website telling you ridley is the most requested character of all time and why the highly profitable and mainstream Sephiroth got in instead of... ahem that other guy that Smashboards tried to force so hard

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Says who? We just got the best selling game of all time added as DLC and the villain from the best selling jrpg of all time as DLC. And sales are the reason we always get pokemon Soooo
Which has nothing to do with Smash requests either. He's the biggest JRPG character on his own merits, not cause of "FFVII sales".

Sales are not why we get Pokemon, lol. Pokemon in itself is one of the most recognizable franchises and comes with constantly unique and interesting characters, making it very easy for Sakurai to look at for a potential newcomer. He sets aside a spot for them sometimes(like twice). Most of the Pokemon were in because of the character being iconic, a cool concept, the anime, or because he knows it's coming out soon and they'll be easy for people to know who they are. The pokemon themselves help sell Smash, sure. But that's a natural advertising effect. Pokemon sales themselves aren't a core factor. There's way more than that. Sakurai, for that matter, wouldn't have chose Greninja and Incineroar if he didn't have moveset ideas for them. That's another key factor of why they actually got in.

Let's actually look at them;

Pikachu - The freaking mascot and from a hit anime
Jigglypuff - Super popular in the anime and an easy clone type character
Mewtwo - Super iconic, and coming off from a hot new movie, and also had a clearly easy moveset idea to work with(which would've taken too long for Smash 64)
Pichu - The mascot of Baby Pokemon and also highly popular
Lucario - New Pokemon way before "sales" would've made it clear how popular they were. Based heavily on the anime itself for the moveset, and that took a year to make.
Pokemon Trainer - A concept that represents actual Pokemon training, by using a generic Trainer with three of the top most popular Pokemon, the starters.
Greninja - Chosen before sales could be taken into account. He had no idea he'd be super popular either.
Incineroar - Literally got in over Decidueye due to the Wrestling motif

Sales at most could be contributed partially for the last two, but that only gives him a reason to set it aside, not to actually who is chosen.

Never mind, again, Sales =/= Smash Requests. They're only slightly related.

SwitchButton

Which has nothing to do with Smash requests either. He's the biggest JRPG character on his own merits, not cause of "FFVII sales".

Sales are not why we get Pokemon, lol. Pokemon in itself is one of the most recognizable franchises and comes with constantly unique and interesting characters, making it very easy for Sakurai to look at for a potential newcomer. He sets aside a spot for them sometimes(like twice). Most of the Pokemon were in because of the character being iconic, a cool concept, the anime, or because he knows it's coming out soon and they'll be easy for people to know who they are. The pokemon themselves help sell Smash, sure. But that's a natural advertising effect. Pokemon sales themselves aren't a core factor. There's way more than that. Sakurai, for that matter, wouldn't have chose Greninja and Incineroar if he didn't have moveset ideas for them. That's another key factor of why they actually got in.

Let's actually look at them;

Pikachu - The freaking mascot and from a hit anime
Jigglypuff - Super popular in the anime and an easy clone type character
Mewtwo - Super iconic, and coming off from a hot new movie, and also had a clearly easy moveset idea to work with(which would've taken too long for Smash 64)
Pichu - The mascot of Baby Pokemon and also highly popular
Lucario - New Pokemon way before "sales" would've made it clear how popular they were. Based heavily on the anime itself for the moveset, and that took a year to make.
Pokemon Trainer - A concept that represents actual Pokemon training, by using a generic Trainer with three of the top most popular Pokemon, the starters.
Greninja - Chosen before sales could be taken into account. He had no idea he'd be super popular either.
Incineroar - Literally got in over Decidueye due to the Wrestling motif

Sales at most could be contributed partially for the last two, but that only gives him a reason to set it aside, not to actually who is chosen.

Never mind, again, Sales =/= Smash Requests. They're only slightly related.
Acting like a character isnt requested just because they don't have a small vocal internet group is pretty silly.

This is part of why this website has such a skewed view of which characters are "hype". This site lets the small vocal groups inflate a character's importance and then those groups have breakdowns when reality comes crashing down (resulting in CERTAIN threads being shut down permanently lolz)

Remember: this site is the place that at one point tried to say that Steve, the biggest game character to ever exist, wouldn't be very hype.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Acting like a character isnt requested just because they don't have a small vocal internet group is pretty silly.

This is part of why this website has such a skewed view of which characters are "hype". This site lets the small vocal groups inflate a character's importance and then those groups have breakdowns when reality comes crashing down (resulting in CERTAIN threads being shut down permanently lolz)

Remember: this site is the place that at one point tried to say that Steve, the biggest game character to ever exist, wouldn't be very hype.
you're acting like the people on this website are the only one who wanted ridley, no, it's every website. Also, a vocal group is at least proof people wanted them, which can't be said for characters who no one actually talks about

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Where's your proof? Why do these website's users never actually buy metroid games?
You're acting like we're one uniform body. Everyone here is different, they each like and dislike their own things. I have no idea where you have been getting these misconceptions from, but perhaps look around more to figure out that we're all different people and not some cult.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Where's your proof? Why do these website's users never actually buy metroid games?
ok, well it's obviously not every single website, but every other youtube video I watched on smash bros pre ultimate mentioned ridley's request, at least, enough for me to know he's highly requested before even joining this site.

same thing with geno, everyone acts like it's a vocal minority who want geno but that minority must be pretty darn vocal if people are talking about him as if he's a legend even if they don't want him all that much, I knew about him long before going on this website and i've never played a game with him in it, same goes for ridley honestly.

also a lot of people who want ridley are metroid fans, if anything maybe hardcore nintendo fans as a whole are a vocal minority seeing as most seem to be metroid fans, nintendo just needs to push metroid more and it will probably get the same boost fire emblem did.

Basically, in the grand scheme of things most nintendo franchises are pretty niche besides mario, pokemon and zelda

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it's really hard to pinpoint which Kirby character should get in after Bandana Dee since pretty much everyone else is one off. But I would say Marx is in a good spot for Kirby rep number 5 as he's already a boss in Ultimate and that's good whether than bad for his chances in future Smash titles.

SwitchButton

User was warned for this post
You're acting like we're one uniform body. Everyone here is different, they each like and dislike their own things. I have no idea where you have been getting these misconceptions from, but perhaps look around more to figure out that we're all different people and not some cult.
That doesnt relate to my question and I never called this specific thread a cult. Only the threads that got shut down were becoming actual cults. I'll let you do your own research into those threads and their downfalls.

but every other youtube video I watched on smash bros pre ultimate mentioned ridley's request
Show me all these youtubers who aren't already part of the online smash speculation zeitgeist. Also once again I must ask; where are these people when Metroid games actually drop? How come these "millions" of ridley fans dont buy his actual games?

same thing with geno, everyone acts like it's a vocal minority who want geno but that minority must be pretty darn vocal if people are talking about him as if he's a legend
Not a single person has talked about Geno since his thread got shut down. Because nobody actually cares about the character outside that thread's TINY group of vocal fanatics. "Legend" lol come on now

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it's really hard to pinpoint which Kirby character should get in after Bandana Dee since pretty much everyone else is one off. But I would say Marx is in a good spot for Kirby rep number 5 as he's already a boss in Ultimate and that's good whether than bad for his chances in future Smash titles.
I mean, didn't Adelleine appear in more than one game?

She's a decently notable character. But yeah, Marx is one of the more notable ones who appears in tons of games. Dark Matter too, but I'm not sure how well they can make him work in this kind of game outside of having a Master Hand-style movseet.

...I wonder if people will hack the bosses so we can use them. I wonder how many have coded movesets like Master Hand does. Giga Bowser aside, since he's effectively a traditional Smash character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To put it shortly with the history of Ridley Smash support, Ridley was the Waluigi of Brawl and Smash 4 speculation. Both of them being EXTREMELY popular, both of them having detractors with numbers that could reach high as the sky talking bad **** about them like how "Ridley is too big" and "Waluigi is just a spin off Mario character" basically making those two the butt of all jokes. The history of those 2 fanbases and their detractors really mirror each other a lot.

SwitchButton

To put it shortly with the history of Ridley Smash support, Ridley was the Waluigi of Brawl and Smash 4 speculation. Both of them being EXTREMELY popular, both of them having detractors with numbers that could reach high as the sky talking bad **** about them like how "Ridley is too big" and "Waluigi is just a spin off Mario character" basically making those two the butt of all jokes. The history of those 2 fanbases and their detractors really mirror each other a lot.
You're too deep into the smash speculation blob. You need some perspective man. Look outside the bubble

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
That doesnt relate to my question and I never called this specific thread a cult. Only the threads that got shut down were becoming actual cults. I'll let you do your own research into those threads and their downfalls.

Show me all these youtubers who aren't already part of the online smash speculation zeitgeist. Also once again I must ask; where are these people when Metroid games actually drop? How come these "millions" of ridley fans dont buy his actual games?

Not a single person has talked about Geno since his thread got shut down. Because nobody actually cares about the character outside that thread's TINY group of vocal fanatics. "Legend" lol come on now
I'm mentioning this cause you seem to be judging threads and Smashboards as a whole by stereotypes.

I would mention that Metroid hasn't had a game since 2017, so I doubt there would suddenly be a craze of everyone buying Other M or Super Metroid.

The Geno thread is the most talked in support thread by far. Since it's shutdown, many have attempted to start new ones, but were shut down because the thread grew a little crazy (So I guess you're not half wrong on some opinions on the Geno thread) and Geno is mentioned everywhere still.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You're too deep into the smash speculation blob. You need some perspective man. Look outside the bubble
What perspective? The perspective of detractors from YouTube, Reddit, GameFaqs, and 4chan? Because I was around on the Smash Sub-Reddit during Smash 4 speculation and I saw everything there. Ridley was literally the butt of most peoples' jokes during that time.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I think it should be dark matter as he's the closest thing kirby has to a reaccuring villain
what i'm saying is that they do buy the games, it's just that hardcore super smash bros fans as a whole are a vocal minority, we are a vocal minority, and most of that vocal minority of people who engage in disscussion about super smash bros wanted ridley

not true, otherwise I wouldn't of known who geno was before this year. simple as that. The problem is you are speaking relative to the amount of people who buy video games, not the amount of people who are hardcore nintendo fans and truly care about them, which are the ones smash bros tries to appeal to, if this wasn't the case we would probably have a gta or assasins creed character

SwitchButton

I would mention that Metroid hasn't had a game since 2017
And that game didn't exactly sell very well. Shouldn't there be millions of ridley fans ready to throw money at nintendo? Why did the game do so meh in sales?

The Geno thread is the most talked in support thread by far.
Because a group of like 40 or so people spent literally all of their time in that thread posting about literally everything in their lives. They thought that farming page numbers would somehow make Nintendo think that a one-off sidekick from a 30 year old spinoff game was the most important character ever.

Look outside the speculation bubble. The characters that the mainstream media loves (loves naturally I mean, not in a smash speculation kind of way) will not match up with the vocal internet minority's desires. Dont set yourself up for a mental breakdown like the geno people did.

Having perspective will protect your sanity

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'd say Magolor; He seems to pop up fairly often in the modern games, albeit not as much as Banana Dee (Which is fair, seeing as he's from another planet that resides in another dimension entirely).

Oracle Link

Smash Master

hes Canonicly Dead also hes the Definition of a Oneoff only apearing in one Game (outside Remakes of this Game) and Cameos Magolor apeared a lot so does Dark Matter theyre definitly not One Offs (this would be like calling Shadow/BowserJr a One Off)

Last edited:
Top Bottom