• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i mean ultimates name is bad and leads to people saying its the last smash (no because Money)
i mean if Kyra/Dars is their original and German Name it should be used in the german Audiothek (Sound test)
and its far worse with Locations

this is the reason why i would use German Names in my OST (if i ever finish making my Game) though i would probably but a description in the non german version in ()
people thought smash 4 would be the last one, theyll probably say that for every smash game they make
wait the tracks are in their english names on the german soundtrack? thats weird

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Anyway...here's some fan art.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Just ignore it. It's generally a good idea to ignore the comments section on the internet, and Twitter (or at least the replies on Twitter) is basically one giant comments section.
ok that's the thing I subbed to him on twitch before this and now I feel like a clown lol

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I've been on twitter and people that I follow just love to bully us bandana dee fans
Twitter is toxic as all hell. Geno was trending #1 on there not too long ago and when his Mii costume came back they were celebrating that he didn't make it in. Nothing but a bunch of two face ********.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
people thought smash 4 would be the last one, theyll probably say that for every smash game they make
wait the tracks are in their english names on the german soundtrack? thats weird
this is pretty usual i get it on Youtube but in Game it gets annoying especialy with Pokemon and Animal Crossing

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Is Sephiroth the closest thing we're going to get to BWD in Ultimate in terms of their moveset? I mean he's a lightweight, long range weapon user with a tip. I could imagine some of Sephiroth's moveset being transferred to BWD, like Sephiroth's F-Smash could be Ground Thrust for example.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Is Sephiroth the closest thing we're going to get to BWD in Ultimate in terms of their moveset? I mean he's a lightweight, long range weapon user with a tip. I could imagine some of Sephiroth's moveset being transferred to BWD, like Sephiroth's F-Smash could be Ground Thrust for example.
I personally doubt that. Neither of the two have remotely similar fighting styles.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I feel like the proportions would be too different to make it work properly. That, and I doubt Bandana Dee's spear would have a three-layered hitbox like Masamune.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Yeah. Especially considering he uses quite a few stabs. I don't see Sakurai making so many stab-type moves for Sephiroth and then doing the same for Bandana Dee, especially when we already have Byleth for the "Spear/Lance user" justification. I also think we won't be seeing Modern Kirby get anything major because Sephiroth's pack felt like "we know you don't like the way this franchise is represented, so here's another rep as an excuse to fix it!". And I REALLY don't see him doing that again.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think you can translate part of another character's moveset onto another without the other character having a similar skeleton and size. Yeah I don't know much about this stuff, but according to experts the reusing of models onto another character has to all do with the skeleton more so than the similar body shape. Bandana Dee isn't anywhere close to Sephiroth in either category thus making it impossible for them to translate part of Sephiroth's moveset into Dee's.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Sephiroth is relativly slow Bwd should be quicker!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I pretty much feel like that Bandana Dee should've been in the base roster of Smash 4 or Ultimate.
I totally agree. If not, he at least should have been DeeLC in the last game.

same because if he get's in as DLC people will be mad and say that's he's a lame first party that wasted a slot or something like that
Certainly would be more hyped of a Nintendo choice as DeeLC than Corrin or Byleth. Min Min was a good choice and if people were okay with her as DeeLC than they would love Dee.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, but I feel like Dee will get a better response than Corrin or Byleth though. Even Min Min.
I'm not sure on Min Min, though. Keep in mind that many see the Kirby roster as fairly complete, while Min Min is one of the most ridiculously popular characters in ARMS.

I mean, I can see it, but it's a close call. Especially as Min Min was mostly fighting with the other two most popular, Twintelle and Spring Man. The mascot and a massively popular character. So there's a bit less to note. And Min Min still got some lukewarm responses(or mostly was kind of an overall mediocre response. Hype for a lot, annoyance for others, and many who didn't really care).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not sure on Min Min, though. Keep in mind that many see the Kirby roster as fairly complete, while Min Min is one of the most ridiculously popular characters in ARMS.

I mean, I can see it, but it's a close call. Especially as Min Min was mostly fighting with the other two most popular, Twintelle and Spring Man. The mascot and a massively popular character. So there's a bit less to note. And Min Min still got some lukewarm responses(or mostly was kind of an overall mediocre response. Hype for a lot, annoyance for others, and many who didn't really care).
Yeah, but Dee is literally one of the top 3 most requested Nintendo characters as well as top 10 most requested characters overall for Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, but Dee is literally one of the top 3 most requested Nintendo characters as well as top 10 most requested characters overall for Smash.
Based upon what? Fan polls? We only see a tiny drop in the hat of proper polling. He's no doubt requested, but so was ARMS in general, and there's no doubt Min Min had a lot of requests too at that point.

Like, I don't doubt he's a strong ballot case, but many are. We basically don't have that good of data here. Just something decent but inconclusive.

Also, a character having a lot of requests doesn't mean the overall response by the fanbase will be positive too. There's tons of people who don't request anything but still respond. They're not the same set of people here. Popular requests do not equal "good responses by the majority of the fanbase" either.

He's not massive like Banjo & Kazooie would be, for instance. Or hell, Ridley. He's still a strong request, and I can note even those clearly had people who weren't fans either way. But that's just how it is. I can expect a mostly positive response, but we don't have the data to properly back that up either way.

...The edit should clear up my issue with your point.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Based upon what? Fan polls? We only see a tiny drop in the hat of proper polling. He's no doubt requested, but so was ARMS in general, and there's no doubt Min Min had a lot of requests too at that point.

Like, I don't doubt he's a strong ballot case, but many are. We basically don't have that good of data here. Just something decent but inconclusive.
Maybe you're right somewhat since Sakurai said Castlevania got a rep because of the Smash Ballot and Alucard, Simon, nor Richter were anywhere near those big fan polls. But I still think Dee was heavily requested people even SmashTubers bring him up sometimes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe you're right somewhat since Sakurai said Castlevania got a rep because of the Smash Ballot and Alucard, Simon, nor Richter were anywhere near those big fan polls. But I still think Dee was heavily requested people even SmashTubers bring him up sometimes.
See my edit. It explains it a lot better what the issue with your point is. Simply being requested doesn't correlate with how good the fanbase who watch the reveals(which is nearly everyone) will respond. Too many different people, basically.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Also, a character having a lot of requests doesn't mean the overall response by the fanbase will be positive too. There's tons of people who don't request anything but still respond. They're not the same set of people here. Popular requests do not equal "good responses by the majority of the fanbase" either.

He's not massive like Banjo & Kazooie would be, for instance. Or hell, Ridley. He's still a strong request, and I can note even those clearly had people who weren't fans either way. But that's just how it is. I can expect a mostly positive response, but we don't have the data to properly back that up either way.

...The edit should clear up my issue with your point.
I mean if we go off of Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie peoples' reaction towards those characters were pretty postive. Not to say Dee would or wouldn't get a similar response, but I highly doubt Dee's response would be like Corrin or Byleth's.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean if we go off of Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie peoples' reaction towards those characters were pretty postive. Not to say Dee would or wouldn't get a similar response, but I highly doubt Dee's response would be like Corrin or Byleth's.
I never said them. I expect it closer to Min Min, so decently positive, but a decent amount who simply don't care. He's a large character, but he was never on the levels of King Dedede/Meta Knight/Kirby, and that's okay. He wasn't really created till later so is a newer addition and didn't really feel like he was already an inherent part of the group. That's why my point, as I noted, is that he'd be closer to Min Min. You'd be surprised how many ridiculous haters are out there, which is silly. Especially as he's not just a mook, but a lot more defined. I mean, they're all a character in fiction(which is why it made sense PP could get in. It's still a character) and all, but some are clearly more defined than others, yeah.

As for the other three you mentioned, I think it was only K. Rool that didn't actually have a slew of haters anyway. Either those who were "he's too big" or those who never cared about B&K. Like, I'm not even one who cares they(B&K) got into Smash, but it doesn't bother me either. They're an awesome choice anyway. Not my first Microsoft pick, but eh. I'm not getting my top favorite one either way, so getting anything Rareware is still nice~

Last edited:

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
no, the deserving arguement was dead back in melee when they freaking added ice climbers
What do you mean? Ice Climbers is totally iconic. Hes in Smash, that means they are iconic. Only relevant characters get into to smash.

Top Bottom