• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I have been playing some SSF 2 lately, specifically messing around with Bandana Dee, Chibi, Black Mage, and Sheik, and honestly if they just ported SSF2 Dee into ultimate I would be happy.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I have been playing some SSF 2 lately, specifically messing around with Bandana Dee, Chibi, Black Mage, and Sheik, and honestly if they just ported SSF2 Dee into ultimate I would be happy.
SSF 2 BWD is dope, rivaling Goku as my favorite character from that game. He's a ton of fun to play as and his moveset is perfect and very creative. BWD is my most wanted Kirby character, I still feel like he has a shot getting in.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
It's not a matter of whether or not Sakurai could, but whether or not he would. He could just say "OK I'll add Waluigi/Shantae/Bandana Dee/*insert deconfirrmed character here*." But he wouldn't. Sakurai has a whole bunch of other characters he considers a higher priority who are not already Spirits, Poke Balls or ATs. He could just promote Shantae and Bandana Dee and change their spirit names to Shantae (Half Genie Hero) and Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby's Return to Dream Land), but he wouldn't. Because as Reggie stated, the characters are all going to be characters who haven't appeared in the series in any way shape or form, and they are no exception.

I know, right. It's kinda sad how much people hold on to false hope, especially when there's clear evidence that that hope is false.
Nope, all Reggie said was that they would be new to the series, which is up for interpretation. It was probably just another reminder that we won't get past characters since everyone is here.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
SSF 2 BWD is dope, rivaling Goku as my favorite character from that game. He's a ton of fun to play as and his moveset is perfect and very creative. BWD is my most wanted Kirby character, I still feel like he has a shot getting in.
My favorite character in SSF2 is Black Mage because he is represented perfectly. His moves work perfectly and even his playable reflects Final Fantasy. also funny how goku is bottom 3 in SSF2 (With pichu and sonic)

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Parasol Bandana Waddle Dee is an alter-ego of Bandana Dee right?
Yeah, but if you're trying to argue that Parasol Bandana Dee's not deconfirmed so he could be a fighter, I don't think it'd even be worth it, since it would be a poor representation of Bandana Dee's character (which is more than a Hat Goomba, haters!)

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Yeah, but if you're trying to argue that Parasol Bandana Dee's not deconfirmed so he could be a fighter, I don't think it'd even be worth it, since it would be a poor representation of Bandana Dee's character (which is more than a Hat Goomba, haters!)
Not necessarily. It would just be a strange decision; like if Meta Knight used his generic sword from Kirby's Adventure instead of the Galaxia. Still, I believe he would use both the parasol and the spear, as the parasol can be used as a great shielding tool in the kirby games.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Not necessarily. It would just be a strange decision; like if Meta Knight used his generic sword from Kirby's Adventure instead of the Galaxia. Still, I believe he would use both the parasol and the spear, as the parasol can be used as a great shielding tool in the kirby games.
A mix with a large emphasis on the Spear would be good, except it might provide more fuel to the Goomba argument. Although at that point, it wouldn't even matter. Maybe he could regularly wear the Parasol on his back, even when using spear moves to differentiate him just a bit more?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So apparantly, Kirby is going to be given a square shape for April Fools Day... I have mixed thoughts on this...

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
My body is ready... and it seems everyone else feels the same way!
Unless/until I find evidence that Reggie is/might be a Deetractor Bandana Deefender, I might save my Reggie image and keep it lol. His body might not be ready to leave! Better than the generic "H" Edit: Wait NVM it saves the original photo and not the Reggie

You know what? The haters are right! Bandana Dee's nothing more than a Goomba with a Hat and Spear! He doesn't have a unique bone in his blob-shaped body! Thank goodness GameXplain showed us all the light, even if you're not willing to admit it! And the best best best best part!? Sakurai will never add him in because he knows the difference between a good Kirby game and soulless cash-grabs like Planet Robobot and Star Allies! He's less likely than Shrek and Goku and I hope it stays that way! Nope totally not making a rushed attempt at an April fools joke! I just decided to turn on Bandana Dee in a split-second! oNe HuNdReD pErCeNt SeRiOuS.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Unless/until I find evidence that Reggie is/might be a Deetractor
"I'd rather have more people beg me for that game about three moms than see a request for some kind of Hat Goomba in Smash Bros." - Actual quote from Reggie Fills Anime before retiring from Sony of Europe.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
"I'd rather have more people beg me for that game about three moms than see a request for some kind of Hat Goomba in Smash Bros." - Actual quote from Reggie Fills Anime before retiring from Sony of Europe.
Good thing I just decided to stab said Hat Goomba in the back!

Also is anyone's Reggies not loading?

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
It happens when you don't actually have an avatar.
Whatever. That doesn't matter. What does matter is that we have all of you people surrounded and that your "boy" is already deconfirmed! Not even a Fighter Ballot could save you now! Us Bandana Dee Haters are 90% of the fandom, while you fools are only 0.01%! There's nothing you can do to stop us! We're getting Marx in as a fighter and Kirby will forever be stuck in 1996 with our heroic jester! We'd take Shrek, Goku and a random character off the street before we allowed a Hat Goomba like you in! He's not Iconic like Piranha Plant! Spears!? What an uninspired idea! We'd rather have another Fire Emblem Rep! And I'm not even talking a spear user, I'd rather we had another Sword User! Bandana Dee's such a bad request, you make non-video game characters look good! At least you have good company with Shantae and Waluigi in the "Less Likely than Shrek and Goku" Club! (that part wasn't a joke. I legit think Shantae, Bandana Dee and Waluigi are Less Likely than Shrek and Goku :crying:). And as if Gamexplain and Marx weren't enough, we got Sakurai, literally every 3rd Party and all of Nintendo that isn't HAL on our side! Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if HAL was on our Side! They haven't even been using Hat Goomba in as much promotional material as the Waddle Dees! You're completely hopeless! And if you ever think for a second that Bandana Dee's a good choice for Smash, just remember this...

"Banana Waddle Dee is... is... is... NOT fit for Smash!" AAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

too far?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Whatever. That doesn't matter. What does matter is that we have all of you people surrounded and that your "boy" is already deconfirmed! Not even a Fighter Ballot could save you now! Us Bandana Dee Haters are 90% of the fandom, while you fools are only 0.01%! There's nothing you can do to stop us! We're getting Marx in as a fighter and Kirby will forever be stuck in 1996 with our heroic jester! We'd take Shrek, Goku and a random character off the street before we allowed a Hat Goomba like you in! He's not Iconic like Piranha Plant! Spears!? What an uninspired idea! We'd rather have another Fire Emblem Rep! And I'm not even talking a spear user, I'd rather we had another Sword User! Bandana Dee's such a bad request, you make non-video game characters look good! At least you have good company with Shantae and Waluigi in the "Less Likely than Shrek and Goku" Club! (that part wasn't a joke. I legit think Shantae, Bandana Dee and Waluigi are Less Likely than Shrek and Goku :crying:). And as if Gamexplain and Marx weren't enough, we got Sakurai, literally every 3rd Party and all of Nintendo that isn't HAL on our side! Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if HAL was on our Side! They haven't even been using Hat Goomba in as much promotional material as the Waddle Dees! You're completely hopeless! And if you ever think for a second that Bandana Dee's a good choice for Smash, just remember this...

"Banana Waddle Dee is... is... is... NOT fit for Smash!" AAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

too far?
Dude, relax, we're just fans.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

too far?
Is it wrong if I read this in Mark Hamill's Joker voice?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Is it wrong if I read this in Mark Hamill's Joker voice?
Uhh IDK. It does seem fitting tho. Edit: I just read it and it is pretty fitting!

Regardless, the Reggies are gone and April fools Is over. Back from being an Optimistic Bandana Dee (fake) Hater to a (real) Pessimistic Bandana Dee Fan for me!

Last edited:

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
A mix with a large emphasis on the Spear would be good, except it might provide more fuel to the Goomba argument. Although at that point, it wouldn't even matter. Maybe he could regularly wear the Parasol on his back, even when using spear moves to differentiate him just a bit more?
I was sorta thinking that instead of having the Parasol on his back, BandDee could hide whatever weapon not in use under his bandana. Kind of like his on personal hammer space.

Also, how would you guys feel about BandDee's Parasol having water effects. Sort of like how Roy's sword has fire effects. Except, you know, with water. I just thought it'd be neat because there aren't to many water users on the roster.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I was sorta thinking that instead of having the Parasol on his back, BandDee could hide whatever weapon not in use under his bandana. Kind of like his on personal hammer space.

Also, how would you guys feel about BandDee's Parasol having water effects. Sort of like how Roy's sword has fire effects. Except, you know, with water. I just thought it'd be neat because there aren't to many water users on the roster.
His parasol does in fact has watery effects, as seen in Kirby Battle Royale, he even has the move Aqua Shot

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Most characters do stuff like that a lot. Almost everyone who uses a weapon that they're not always carrying. I was thinking to do that as a reference to Battle Royale.

His parasol does in fact has watery effects, as seen in Kirby Battle Royale, he even has the move Aqua Shot
Combining that with the Spear Throw would make him an good zoner and give him a few more options. I don't see where that would fit in his moveset, since I think Spear moves could fill all 4 B moves quite well.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Maybe Dash Attack or FTilt?
I don't know. But then again, considering there are absolutely zero spear users in the game (not even one-off moves like Belmont's Axe), I think it would be easier to just fill of of Bandana Dee's moveset with Spear Moves, TBH. That and whenever someone suggests using a parasol, the haters just claim that we're ripping off of Parasol Dees and call us a Hat Goomba again.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
BWD should be given a gimmick dealing with his bandana. I've been thinking about BWD having a jewel hidden behind his bandana that's biologically apart of him (similar to Kirby's Kabuki ability). This jewel gives BWD the Beam/ESP ability. He can charge an energy blast from his jewel and lift his bandana to fire and use teleportation and stuff.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I know we've talked about this before, but what are the chances that Bandana Waddle Dee will have a voice? Meta Knight got a one-time voice actor for smash and Sakurai did Dedede again, and despite gaining new voice actors for Kirby games, Meta Knight's Brawl clips are still used and Sakurai redid the Dedede voice for Sm4sh. BWD has never had a real voice per se. (Not including the inkling esque noises of course). Also, would he sound like a squeaky kid, or some sort of gruff buff dude?

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I know we've talked about this before, but what are the chances that Bandana Waddle Dee will have a voice? Meta Knight got a one-time voice actor for smash and Sakurai did Dedede again, and despite gaining new voice actors for Kirby games, Meta Knight's Brawl clips are still used and Sakurai redid the Dedede voice for Sm4sh. BWD has never had a real voice per se. (Not including the inkling esque noises of course). Also, would he sound like a squeaky kid, or some sort of gruff buff dude?
Something similar to how he sounds in The Apple Juice Song.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
BWD should be given a gimmick dealing with his bandana. I've been thinking about BWD having a jewel hidden behind his bandana that's biologically apart of him (similar to Kirby's Kabuki ability). This jewel gives BWD the Beam/ESP ability. He can charge an energy blast from his jewel and lift his bandana to fire and use teleportation and stuff.
That feels like a major late-game reveal, but I remember there being a KSA Manga that has a scene where Dedede removes Bandana Dee's Bandana, so that's a no-go (unless that was just my imagination), as cool/wierd (depending on how you think of it) as it would be (unless it happens during the game, like something a villain curses on him or something)

Bandana Dee is not a "buff gruff dude". It goes against his design and personality (which does exist, haters). Bandana Dee is part of a species known for being cute, and is portrayed as timid, yet brave. I could see them going for either no voice at all, or just the "Wanya" from Battle Royale, but If he were to have a human-like voice, I'd expect a voice sounding like someone roughly 15-20 years old: displaying the fact that Bandana Dee's timid and inexperienced in comparison to his 3 partners, yet still confident enough to hold his own, despite any fears he may have regarding his opponent(s), and more than willing to get stronger (Spear Training during free time).

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I think Bandana Dee should use some of staff's moves honestly. Imagine the pogo stick as his down air.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
That feels like a major late-game reveal, but I remember there being a KSA Manga that has a scene where Dedede removes Bandana Dee's Bandana, so that's a no-go (unless that was just my imagination), as cool/wierd (depending on how you think of it) as it would be (unless it happens during the game, like something a villain curses on him or something)
Bandana Dee doesn't appear in the manga, it's just Waddle Dee with a bandana. I'm serious.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'd like him to have voice acting. Personally, I'd go with someone like Hisako Kanemoto or Misato Fukuen. As for English VAs... maybe Cristina Vee or Cassandra Morris?

Top Bottom