• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
The source has been correct on things, it's just usually been disappointing news (Ken and Incineroar being the last characters etc.).

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
With some of the Kirby characters missing, do you think Sakurai will add more spirits that will come with the revealed character? Like if Bandana Dee was revealed for DLC, do you think they'll add the remaining cast for spirits like Taranza, Adeleine, etc.? Or if Sora was added we might get characters from his game like Kairi, Aqua, MICKEY??!!! (bad example I know, but you get what I mean).

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
The real question is (and I don't mean to be ungrateful) when will we be seeing the announcement of the DLC characters?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
The real question is (and I don't mean to be ungrateful) when will we be seeing the announcement of the DLC characters?
We're likely going to see one on Dec 6, then the rest slowly revealed as they're presentable.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Crackpot theory time:

I'd think the more than the GLARING absences in the Kirby music selection might hint that some of the best of the best were saved for one of the fighters in the Pass (Dee of course). I mean, how can we have Patched Plains and the Star Allies boss theme but not Mind In a Program? P.R.O.G.R.A.M.? Vs Void Termina? Prayer Song to Gods? Heart of Nova?

I find that the presence of ALL the final boss themes from Triple Deluxe and RtD while the latest ones being absent (even though tracks from their respective games appear) is very conspicuous. Especially since from whaat I have read, those missing tracks were amongst the most popular Kirby tracks period.

To get even MORE crackpot, we had Floral Field in SSB4 base game and DLC (in that case 64 Dream Land) gave us The World to Win. So I guess that Ultimate base game has Patched Plains and DLC will give us PROGRAM! Right? :psycho:

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Sorry I haven't been online in a while.

I kind of hoped Marx would be a fighter, but it makes sense that he's not, I didn't think he would be one. As for Bandana Dee, don't lose hope if he isn't one of the first five DLC fighters. That's right, dataminers found out that there could be up to 30 DLC newcomers, so it's very possible a Spirit or even an assist trophy could make it in!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I kind of hoped Marx would be a fighter, but it makes sense that he's not, I didn't think he would be one. As for Bandana Dee, don't lose hope if he isn't one of the first five DLC fighters. That's right, dataminers found out that there could be up to 30 DLC newcomers, so it's very possible a Spirit or even an assist trophy could make it in!
Yup! While we're not certain whether they'll commit to doing all 30, things are looking good for extra waves.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice

30 is definitely not happening. Maybe if all subsequent games are planned to be enhanced ports, you could hit that for SSB6's DLC if you add 10 DLC characters for SSBU, 10 newcomers for SSB6, and 10 DLC for SSB6. But not 30 more for SSBU.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
30 is definitely not happening. Maybe if all subsequent games are planned to be enhanced ports, you could hit that for SSB6's DLC if you add 10 DLC characters for SSBU, 10 newcomers for SSB6, and 10 DLC for SSB6. But not 30 more for SSBU.
I can only see them approaching 30 if echo DLC does become a thing.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Haha oh man speaking of: Dixie Kong is a Mii Costume in Smash Ultimate. Talk about having a rough time.

Marx's hat is also a Mii costume piece, but that doesn't really sting much since he's a confirmed boss fight
Oh yes, Jester hat! ...I mean, I wonder if there's some sort of makeshift outfit based on Marx.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
It's actually 29, and it's not characters. It's character IDs. For reference, Bayonetta takes up 2 IDs, Corrin takes up 2 IDs, Bowser Jr takes up 8. If we get some free echos, and if any of these characters have alternate gender versions or alternate game costumes like Bayo/Cloud, it seems much more reasonable that we'll get 29. Also: This exact same thing happened in Smash 4. All the slots were filled. They actually added a slot later, and that one was also filled.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
If Minecraft truly is only getting a boss...
This bodes quite well for Banjo. I mean, I know he's not Bandana Dee, but hey, if we get Banjo, I'd be really happy for the Banjo fans. They've earned it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If Minecraft truly is only getting a boss...
This bodes quite well for Banjo. I mean, I know he's not Bandana Dee, but hey, if we get Banjo, I'd be really happy for the Banjo fans. They've earned it.
Ooh, this is an interesting development. Care to share the source?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since the team seems to be adding villains to series for this game's newcomers, what villain could join the kirby roster?
Probably Magolor or Daroach.

It's actually 29, and it's not characters. It's character IDs. For reference, Bayonetta takes up 2 IDs, Corrin takes up 2 IDs, Bowser Jr takes up 8. If we get some free echos, and if any of these characters have alternate gender versions or alternate game costumes like Bayo/Cloud, it seems much more reasonable that we'll get 29. Also: This exact same thing happened in Smash 4. All the slots were filled. They actually added a slot later, and that one was also filled.
Makes me wonder, how many characters with alts could we possibly get??

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Ooh, this is an interesting development. Care to share the source?
Well, we don't know for sure if it's only a boss. However, Vergeben, who's leaked quite a few elements of Smash Ultimate, even going against the banner/Grinch leak, has updated his claim of "Minecraft content" to "Minecraft Boss." If it's only this boss, then Banjo's chances are up.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Probably Magolor or Daroach.

Makes me wonder, how many characters with alts could we possibly get??
Steve would probably come with Alex, Bandana Dee might have a no-bandana outfit or a waddle doo outfit, Banjo could have two designs, one based on his 64 appearances just with better graphics, the other based on nuts and bolts. (lol) That's about all I can think of. If we got another FE player character they'd have the two gender versions of course.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
I keep hearing people say there are two Kirby remixes. I know one of them is the ending theme, but what is the second one?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I keep hearing people say there are two Kirby remixes. I know one of them is the ending theme, but what is the second one?
There's more than 2. There's like 5 new remixes I think. Look up Crunchii on youtube.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I dunno, I feel like 30 only exsts just in case something goes awry, but we're talking about the fighter pass only using up 1/6 of that space. Pretty sure more echoes/new fighters could come along the line after.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I think I've given up on Dee at this point. No Piranha Plant spirit. No reason to even think that the DLC was just chosen this month Heck, Rex was too late to be in the game because XC2 launched too late (December 2017). That being said, DLC was most likely planned by Nintendo over a year ago and spirits deconfirm fighters. At least that's my POV.

Acemania

Smash Apprentice
Here's a new question. Is Sakurai STILL afraid to add more Kirby characters in Smash after the bias claims made all the way back in the Brawl days? Cause it really seems like it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's a new question. Is Sakurai STILL afraid to add more Kirby characters in Smash after the bias claims made all the way back in the Brawl days? Cause it really seems like it.
Probably, though the main determining factor is whether Nintendo of Japan will force his hand by suggesting them for DLC. Although he does treat Marx as a boss, anyway.

That said, Elline isn't in as a spirit at all, apparently. None of the artists are, not even Paint Roller. That's pretty weird...

Last edited:

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I severely doubt Nintendo would be bound by spirit rules, otherwise they'd be throwing too much money out the window asking for third party characters whose series aren't in the game.
I'm saying that the reverse happened though. Since DLC planning was likely done over a year ago, Nintendo would've chosen the fighters already and then spirits come in. The only counterargument that can be made is that deconfirming characters would make DLC too obvious but who knows.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm saying that the reverse happened though. Since DLC planning was likely done over a year ago, Nintendo would've chosen the fighters already and then spirits come in. The only counterargument that can be made is that deconfirming characters would make DLC too obvious but who knows.
By that logic, we'd have to assume that Adeleine is the only viable Kirby DLC character. Which would be really weird, since it'd be ignoring the Dee fanbase in Japan.

The only way we can ever be certain is if Sakurai outright says "anyone that's a spirit can't be taken out of the mode to be playable, please understand".

Also, this reminds me, back in older Smash entries, fighters had more than one trophy directly related to them, the same principle seems to apply to the spirits the fighters in Ultimate have. If any spirits were to be promoted, it stands to reason that they could get additional ones like for the current fighters, too.

Anyway, I'm done giving my two cents on the topic for now, I'm off to bed. See you, all.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Well, we don't know for sure if it's only a boss. However, Vergeben, who's leaked quite a few elements of Smash Ultimate, even going against the banner/Grinch leak, has updated his claim of "Minecraft content" to "Minecraft Boss." If it's only this boss, then Banjo's chances are up.
If Steve isn't in then Microsoft isn't getting any character since none of their other characters fit Smash. This is good for Bandana Dee's, or I guess Ado's, odds at least. We don't need to worry about MS stealing a DLC slot

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
By that logic, we'd have to assume that Adeleine is the only viable Kirby DLC character. Which would be really weird, since it'd be ignoring the Dee fanbase in Japan.

The only way we can ever be certain is if Sakurai outright says "anyone that's a spirit can't be taken out of the mode to be playable, please understand".

Also, this reminds me, back in older Smash entries, fighters had more than one trophy directly related to them, the same principle seems to apply to the spirits the fighters in Ultimate have. If any spirits were to be promoted, it stands to reason that they could get additional ones like for the current fighters, too.

Anyway, I'm done giving my two cents on the topic for now, I'm off to bed. See you, all.
I'd argue Adeleine is unlikely because if DLC was chosen over a year ago. it means her appearance and popularity in Star Allies wouldn't mean anything because SA released this year. Ado would only have TWO majors appearances from almost two decades ago.

Last edited:

11th

Smash Apprentice
Royalty1702 Royalty1702 : I don't see why Plant decides the fate of characters that have Spirits. It seems like it was planned for base, but was either late or given much lower priority. They eventually realized that they couldn't finish it in time and pushed it off to early DLC to focus on polishing the rest of the game. Unlike Mewtwo, they showed gameplay footage in the announcement, so they got pretty far with it. They would have had no reason to include a Spirit for a character that they had started work on that long ago.

-----

Acemania Acemania : It's possible that the problem is two-fold.
  1. He doesn't want to over-represent Kirby. (Particularly on the main character/stage roster, because that's what most people focus on.)
  2. He doesn't want to do anything that might influence the current development team at HAL, so he mostly sticks to what he knows. (This is based off an old interview from K64's development -- see the third to last question. The Japanese one says that he also did this for Pinball Land and KDL2.)
But that's just me trying to give him the benefit of the doubt... it's somewhat frustrating not knowing what the issue actually is, or how it could be addressed.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If Steve isn't in then Microsoft isn't getting any character since none of their other characters fit Smash. This is good for Bandana Dee's, or I guess Ado's, odds at least. We don't need to worry about MS stealing a DLC slot
Banjo? Or Conker? Maybe Master Chief? Freaking Voodoo Vince would fit into Smash.

Top Bottom