• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U BAM8 Donation Drive for International players

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Hi! Actually just heard about this lol

Uhmmmm, how far is Australia from LA?
And when is this event? I couldn't find it on facebook at all.
And like, how many people are you guys expecting to show up (And what's the entry fee?) and any pot bonuses?

Cheers :p

Last edited:

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
Oh hey TSM ZeRo TSM ZeRo
Aus from LA is like 21 hours I think? may be wrong.
BAM 8 will be May 13th - 15th. Facebook invite will be up very shortly
I'm expecting around 200 people for s4 at a minimum, because our monthly usually have about 150
There are pot bonuses but only for australian players cos you guys are going to stomp our guts in. <3
Entry Fee is $40 with $10 pot but if you come I'll shout you the Entry fee and a pint.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I believe there are direct flights between MEL and LAX that take about 14-15 hours. I'm pretty sure it's the longest commercial plane route in the world!

Googers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ronsico
3DS FC
1435-6770-6493
Honestly, you're only coming if you money match me for a McChicken

EDIT: It's the rules ZeRo

Last edited:

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
Woah I havent been on SB for ages and when I come back I see Zero chatting to us about attending lol but also isnt there any pot prize going towards the international players in order for them to have some kind of incentive??
:/

Browny

Smash Hater
I believe there are direct flights between MEL and LAX that take about 14-15 hours. I'm pretty sure it's the longest commercial plane route in the world!
Not quite, it barely scrapes into the top 20 longest flights. Sydney -> DFW, Texas is the longest.

That said, anyone who choses tiger airlines to go to BAM (as per usual) should be prepared for world-record flight times, sometimes it can even take 24+ hours to get from Melbourne to any other Australian major city!

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Not quite, it barely scrapes into the top 20 longest flights. Sydney -> DFW, Texas is the longest.

That said, anyone who choses tiger airlines to go to BAM (as per usual) should be prepared for world-record flight times, sometimes it can even take 24+ hours to get from Melbourne to any other major city!
Would we be better off price matching them and going with Jetstar in that case? Haven't flown with Tiger before, only Virgin. (I assume Virgin wouldn't price match?)

Edit: May have misread/misunderstood, I'm tired and have the derps but that said I still don't know anything on what Tiger's like really.

Last edited:

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Would we be better off price matching them and going with Jetstar in that case?
+1 Jetstar have like x10 more planes than Tiger at any airport so they can move you quickly if a plane gets grounded. There's no reason not to use their price matching.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
at the time i thought it was a closer event so i mentioned it was too far because i wouldn't be able to have time to take days for it, didn't know it was actually in a while

Basty

Smash Ace
at the time i thought it was a closer event so i mentioned it was too far because i wouldn't be able to have time to take days for it, didn't know it was actually in a while
Would you be able to make it by yourself or would you want donations?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hey man, I'm sure the rest of Australia just like me would love to have you down one way or another.

Please get in touch with me via some form of social media or even PM me here so we can have a direct chat so I can go though everything and help you figure it out to hopefully get you to Australia!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/x5_redact
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/philip.pretty
Email: Philip.pretty@gmail.com

Get in touch with me some way, preferably ASAP and we can sort this out!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I'll donate another $55 in relation to Ghost's post for the salty suite early access when I get home.
Great effort so far everyone!

Edit: Should be sent now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom