• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Smashfests

Ghostype

Smash Champion
IMO bf's crew lineup should be

Btree
DOSV
EE
Frozen
Seed\Zero (are these gusy official or honory?)
Nick
Vince
Hat(??? Is he in the crew ???)

Those guys are who I'd consider "core" bmore's finest, though I'm not sure on the seed\zero thing yet. That's actually the group that usually shows to smashfests around here so I'm not sure why you're having problems getting everyone together.
The only thing I'd admit to being BS, is Vist joining us and ****** Dr.O, but K.C. was legit IMHO. Because Black Rain Krew has been allied with us since the very first Catonsville if you recall.

I've been stressing for a good while that we can use members of crews we are allied with in crew battles if we are missing members, and that was our situation. And Seed and Zero are official as far as I'm concerned, since they're showing up to our stuff more and more.

And as I stated, lately, WHENEVER we're challenged to a crew battle, half the crew has left already ("core", anyway). Since we normally do our crew battles when a fest is dying down and people are heading out.

As you know, Nightmare is a little Jamaican girl and can't stay very late, and sometimes he gives DOSV/Nikk rides, or their other ride (Nikk's mom) comes early so they have to leave.

This whole crew thing is becoming complicated though. EE is "core", but he's still honorary, because he's in TNR, as is DOSV now. So what if we were to say, battle members of TNR?

We can't use DOSV or EE if you want it to be legitimate, because they belong to both crews (EE having been TNR since before he joined BF, so if he had to choose; it'd probably be Team No Respect to honor his senior crew).

Not that this has much to do with MK, but it's simply the whole substitute thing. I'd like to just use core members for battles, but we often times run into situations where we're missing those guys, or we just need substitutes (as will be the case for tomorrow's fest).

The main point yet again, is that we're always missing core players. We rarely have all the people you listed together. That's why I always look to honorary members for help.

Before I end this post, let me mention something else. What's really bull**** is how MK keeps bringing up the single crew battle they beat us in - one of the two where Hova joined us and maybe someone else. We stomped them the first time, I left the room to play someone else; and they beat us the next time.

You guys keep calling it bull**** that we used substitutes for our last crew battles, but conveniently say nothing about your single victory against us... Where I wasn't in the crew battle, and Hova was? Hova wasn't actually in BF when we did that crew battle.

So why does that count, but none of our victories do? No insult intended by this post, but that seems fairly bull**** like to me. X.x

You fellas had better get your **** logic together, because according to you NONE of the crew battles we've done are fair or count at all. I'll repost some options for you regarding tomorrow's get-together. :)

Seed and Zero ARE Baltimore's Finest now, so you guys will have to accept that they will be in the crew battle if they choose to join/no other BF members show besides DOSV.

IF you're strictly stating that the only crew members we are allowed to use tomorrow have to LIVE in Baltimore/County (Nightmare, Nurok, DOSV, Nikk, Me, Frozen, EE, Hova), then we cannot do the crew battle because of two reasons:

1. I'm sure everyone you're bringing doesn't all live in the same exact part of Maryland, correct if I'm wrong but don't you have one or two guys who live in DC or something (judging from your crew thread's title)?

2. It looks like just me and DOSV will be the only two from Baltimore tomorrow, unless he brings Nikk.

You have to be clear on what defines who can be in the crews. And this was not directed at Cmart. :)

Edit: Levitibus - Next time we're all together, yeah.

Edit #2: TAK$ have to see Nikk first lol

cmart

Smash Lord
And this was not directed at Cmart. :)
<3

My gripe isn't that the crew must "live" in bmore, just be a "core" part of the crew. EE is core wether he believes it or not, and I feel Seed\Zero may be as well. And I know Vince is a jamaican girl-believe me I've known for a long time. <.< >.> <3 Vince Just do the crew early, maybe as soon as singles are done\before if the people are there.
I see what you're saying about confllicts with tnr, but I'm mainly focusing on this rivalry with the Mushroom Kings, which doesn't have those problems.

I just realized this is an awful lot of posturing over some mcchickens.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
ok ok ok so none of the Crew Battles count i guess and god dam that was a long *** post XD
and all of our members live right next to each other except RisinDevil who loves in Laurel
U can use ur honorary members 2morow if u dont have all ur ppl wen is the next time atleast 4 of ur crew will b at an event? (this is Yo i 4got to sign off nackers ****)

Nurok

Smash Lord
woo.
first of all, lemme mention something.
falco>all
<3 chozen1 and hova
DOSV, our new team name shall be like teh Jew fro or some **** like that
MK, if i was going to come tomorrow, Bmores finest would win badly(cuz me+dosv one after the other is a sick team)
also
Tak$ 5 dollar MM whenever i see u and if i have money.
also.
me and DOSVs team are destined to be amazing.
uhh.. thats about it.
see you guys at chus?

D

Deleted member

none of the crew battles count? weve gotta get the ball rolling then.i also see that no honorary membs will attend crews wich is logical in this case lol. so in that case i will assemble a crew of my own for now.....too bad a lot of my previous crew quit on me,but its cool ill find some random people down here for my crew :)

uhhhhhhhhhh and cronux will be attending w/me and i will attempt to get tyrt to come as well >_> AND if that falls through for my crew plans i can be on whoevers team is shorthanded w/handicaps if you guys want since it would be unfair to the other crew (whoever has more people) if not then ill just pull people off the street :)

BUMS FTW!!!!!!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
ok ok ok so none of the Crew Battles count i guess and god dam that was a long *** post XD
and all of our members live right next to each other except RisinDevil who loves in Laurel
U can use ur honorary members 2morow if u dont have all ur ppl wen is the next time atleast 4 of ur crew will b at an event? (this is Yo i 4got to sign off nackers ****)
All right, so it may be me, DOSV, Zero, Seed then versus your four. And a lot of us will probably be at Chu's Biweekly (27th) provided we have rides.

Cmart - Dude... It's about McChickens, I take that **** seriously. :)

TAK$ - LOL All up in him, just like at Catonsville with Nikk.

Tru= - Nah don't worry about it Tru=, we're just doing that one crew battle for the McChickens, then we can all do whatever. Probably a huge crew battle between everybody. Two captains and they just pick who they want. :)

Frozen

Smash Lord
If Frozen isn't there, it's not a crew battle **** ****it.

Wait until the next Catonsville fest and we'll hold a serious one with all Bmores vs all MK, and we can record it and i'll edit it down and put music to it that you'll all complain about.

<3

D

Deleted member

tru= always provides baby.so ill bring a vcr and some tapes,as always.

i will get a camera as soon as possible you guys so until then ....yea

i just love crew battles is all for some reason bt so thats why i was trying to get a real crew set for some awesomness:) oh and i cant wait for that mm bt my falcon is 5x as deadly :). just watch out for that moonwalk knee!! lol

EDIT:nominate tru= for capt.:)

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Bowsertree, I'll consider becoming a Bmore's Finest 'core' member once I can beat all of you consistently. The reason I say that is because having me on, maybe even at my level right now, makes the crew lopsided in skill. I personally hate pulling a crew down (which is why MK won that game after Hova and EE created a huge lead), and that is why I would not officially join a crew until I feel evenly matched with all of the members. MK clearly won that crew battle, but that's cause both me and NKK made Bmore's Finest lopsided, and that was clear as daylight.

I'll still play in crews battles for experience tho.

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Bowsertree, I'll consider becoming a Bmore's Finest 'core' member once I can beat all of you consistently. The reason I say that is because having me on, maybe even at my level right now, makes the crew lopsided in skill. I personally hate pulling a crew down (which is why MK won that game after Hova and EE created a huge lead), and that is why I would not officially join a crew until I feel evenly matched with all of the members. MK clearly won that crew battle, but that's cause both me and NKK made Bmore's Finest lopsided, and that was clear as daylight.

You should join anyway. I think you're only as good as your competition, so playing us will put you on our level eventually. For Example at Nod3 (my first tournament) Bowsertree 3 stocked me in Samus dittos twice. The very next day at his fest before I left I 3 stocked him in a Samus ditto. You may not get better at that rate but you will get better and I say before Pound 2 you'll be able to compete with the rest of the crew.

D

Deleted member

haha no big deal man you can be in my temp crew:)
you wont drag me down trust me:)

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
You should join anyway. I think you're only as good as your competition, so playing us will put you on our level eventually. For Example at Nod3 (my first tournament) Bowsertree 3 stocked me in Samus dittos twice. The very next day at his fest before I left I 3 stocked him in a Samus ditto. You may not get better at that rate but you will get better and I say before Pound 2 you'll be able to compete with the rest of the crew.
The good news is I should be able to play with Bowsertree during the week also now; I'll have a mountain bike which I'm keeping in my room. 4.7 miles on bike is like 15 minutes and a heck of a lot easier than a 50 minute fast walk.

I know very well how it's much more difficult to get better on your own than with competition, or to get better than your actual competition. My friend Richard is improving at an incredible rate now that he is playing with me (though I still 3 and 4 stock him with almost all characters now). I'm giving him friendly motivation to learn things he never would against other players, and he is even practicing a bit on his own now also. It's interesting how skill goes in smash: there are people who 4 stock people who 4 stock me, and I 4 stock people who 4 stock people who can in turn 4 stock some very crappy other people.

BT, expect a PM in a couple minutes on practicing during the week. :D

Edit: Tru= I didn't know you had a temp crew. If I join, just make sure I go first and not last, cause otherwise you'll win before I ever get to play :(

D

Deleted member

The good news is I should be able to play with Bowsertree during the week also now; I'll have a mountain bike which I'm keeping in my room. 4.7 miles on bike is like 15 minutes and a heck of a lot easier than a 50 minute fast walk.

I know very well how it's much more difficult to get better on your own than with competition, or to get better than your actual competition. My friend Richard is improving at an incredible rate now that he is playing with me (though I still 3 and 4 stock him with almost all characters now). I'm giving him friendly motivation to learn things he never would against other players, and he is even practicing a bit on his own now also. It's interesting how skill goes in smash: there are people who 4 stock people who 4 stock me, and I 4 stock people who 4 stock people who can in turn 4 stock some very crappy other people.

BT, expect a PM in a couple minutes on practicing during the week. :D

Edit: Tru= I didn't know you had a temp crew. If I join, just make sure I go first and not last, cause otherwise you'll win before I ever get to play :(
haha im flattered if you would like to go first then that is shall it will be:) ill see who all is attending in my temp crew before you join cause its still a work in progress but that would be cool beans:)

EEvisu

Smash Lord
after reading all these posts I get the feeling you guys think I'm good o_0

................I'm flattered

w00t 1,000 post!!!!

Zero34

Smash Lord
bt, i know this is really g@y, but i have to cancel. turns out that things didnt go as smoothly as i would have hoped so seed and i will have to back out of this one

sorry man. next time!

D

Deleted member

ill be there baby dont worry :)

yo bt what happend to the old tournament results from a couple of bi's ago?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I think I bumped those results off at some point.

Good games everyone, way more people than expected. X.x

GGs Frozen, next time I'll go all Roy on you. For some reason I have an easier time with Roy than Marth against Falcons. >_>

GGs Tru, I'll cherish that Jigglypuff versus Samus victory forever, it was revenge for Cmart. Too bad I only won like two matches against you the entire day....>_>

GGs DOSV, MVP of Bmore's Finest. Taking off twelve stock in the crew battle....>_< Can you tell Nikk that TAK$'s banner is Sheik, and mine is Peach? With the spelling DSticKinGs on both?

GJ Cmart on handling your business at EGL. :)

D

Deleted member

yea next time hopefully more ppl will show for a better crew battle>_> <_<

also:MOONWALK KNEE FTW!!!!!

Top Bottom