• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Smashfests

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Date -
Times - 11:30 AM - whenever
Location - West Baltimore City, Maryland
Street - 2648 Wilkens Avenue (21223)
Cellphone - 410-978-1152 (Ron)
AIM - SuffusionKaiser

Cubes list -
Appletree (1)

TVs list -
Appletree (3)

--

There will be a tournament IF enough people show-

Singles
Doubles

$5 for Singles
$10 for Doubles (that's $5 a person)

--

MLG Standard Rules

Advanced Slob Picks: After the first match, the loser says the stage out loud, the winner then picks their character, and the loser picks his/her character after that.

Banned Stages:

•Fourside
•Yoshi 64
•Brinstar Depths
•Termina Bay
•Hyrule Temple
•Flat Zone
•Icicle Mountain
•Big Blue
•Mushroom: Kingdom I
•Venom
•Yoshi's Island

Stages - Random Select: These stages are used at the start of certain matches when a stage cannot be agreed upon by the participants and advanced slob picks are not yet applicable.

•Final Destination
•Battlefield
•Yoshi's Story
•Fountain of Dreams
•Dream Land
•Pokémon Stadium

Stages - Counterpicking: These stages are ones not included in the random select, but may still be chosen for counterpicking purposes. Random select stages are also available for counterpicking.

Everyone able to bring a Cube+TV setup, PLEASE bring it if you don't want to wait for matches.

****MARCH 24th TOURNAMENT RESULTS****

Team -

1: Clue Goo (Cactuar, Pakman) ($77.00)
2: Vist is Clutch (Vist, Omni) ($22.00)
3: Spaceboots (Jersey Dan, Fonz) ($11.00)
4: ****ed if I know (Max, John)
5: HATS R Us (Plairnkk, HAT)
5: Team nEEgro (Frozen, Beat of Ayeimus)
7: Gained Ground (Kaiser, TJ)
7: Team Jedi (HOVA, EE)
9: Random Scar (Scar, Random)
9: Sad Panda (Levitibus, Nurok)
9: Team Profanity (Takkles, Zero)

Singles -

1: Omni ($60.00)
2: Plairnkk ($30.00)
3: Kaiser ($10.00)
4: Mow
5: fonz
5: Jonaas
7: Cactuar
7: Pac Man
9: DOSV
9: Scar
9: Jerzey Dan
9: Vist
13: Zeros
13: EEvisu (EEviau)
13: KC Cloud (KC Cloud)
13: Btree
17: Hat
17: Nurok
17: Frozen
17: Chris
17: Nikk

****JANUARY 6TH TOURNAMENT RESULTS****

Teams:

1. Team Nasty
2. TopeGay
3. Puff 'N' Stuff
4. Team Awesome
5. Team Dreadlocks
5. Rabbid Avengers
7. Me and This Guy
7. Team nEEgro
9. Team Whatever

Singles:

1. Aho
2. Tope
3. Fonz
4. Meep
5. Aero
5. Cyrain
7. 5% tax
7. Zero
9. Nelo
9. DOSV
9. Israfel
9. Tru=
13. Hobo
13. Hey
13. FOB
13. Tin
17. Zeps
17. TAK$
17. EE
17. Bowsertree
17. JM
17. Cronux

****DECEMBER 23RD TOURNAMENT RESULTS****

2v2 -

1. G-Regdude829 (chillindude829, g-regulate)
2. Team Negro (EEvisu, Bowsertree)
3. Team Blanket (Seed of Sorrow, Zero34)
4. Raging Hard Nipples (technomancer, ??)
5. DOSV/Nikkatzu
5. Frozenchaos/HAT

1v1 -

1. Chillin
2. G-Reg
3. Mauv-Rupee (technomancer)
4. DOSV
5. Bowsertree
5. Zero
7. Seed
7. Nick
9. EE
9. Jaytal
9. TAK$
9. Frozen
13. Pat (HAT?)
13. (Zeps???)

cmart

Smash Lord
Oooh organization.
Edit:
I figure this'll be the least spammy place I can post this, but does anyone here think I should drop samus? I'm no longer putting much effort into getting better with her and I feel my time could be better spent in some other secondary. So whoever played her yesterday: thoughts?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Cmart - I like your Samus, but if you drop her, stick with Ganondorf as a secondary. Your Ganon is very nice. You've got the Captain Falcon thing going for you, as well.

Rachael - Epic

hova

Smash Champion
Oooh organization.
Edit:
I figure this'll be the least spammy place I can post this, but does anyone here think I should drop samus? I'm no longer putting much effort into getting better with her and I feel my time could be better spent in some other secondary. So whoever played her yesterday: thoughts?
i think u should just play samus when u feel like playing her. when i was still working on getting better i focused on falco and falcon and all my other characters kinda just got better by default.

so umm yeah, play jiggly or whoever ur having fun with :dizzy:

i dunno man, i'm not making sense, but just have fun with it whateva u do:chuckle:

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
i think u should just play samus when u feel like playing her. when i was still working on getting better i focused on falco and falcon and all my other characters kinda just got better by default.

so umm yeah, play jiggly or whoever ur having fun with :dizzy:

i dunno man, i'm not making sense, but just have fun with it whateva u do:chuckle:
Tis true though, I dropped Fox for about 2 months and picked up Falco, and my fox got way better when I got back to him. Though practicing with Marth, C.Falcon and Falco make my fox better by default, though, I'm kinda backwards from what hova stated.

what the hell am I saying?

bleh

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Usually the characters that you have the most fun with will be the ones you will work on the most, so pick the one(s) that you enjoy playing as. Personally, I enjoy playing Link more than Samus, as Samus is more of a patience character than Link is, but I don't like the maniacal speed of Fox, so I keep with Link.

cmart

Smash Lord
Do biweeklies connotate a small-scale tournament to anyone else? Or are these still just fests?

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Tournaments aren't hard, I hosted local tournaments with my friends at home, it just takes a bit of orgainization, and with true smashers it will be a lot easier to organize methinks. I doubt I'll play for money, though, because it would probably just be a waste, depending on if i get better in the next two weeks.

Cmart: up for playing this weekend? I could use the practice, and I see myself getting better. Let me know.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I wanna Smash this weekend, I'll even take the bus somewhere. >_>

And yeah if we do a tournament it can just be free, doesn't matter. Or the prize can be BAWLS.

cmart

Smash Lord
All right I'm gonna be around this weekend. Anyone not able to attend ccx is welcome to come to my place to smash on sun. Just pm if you're interested and I'll pm you back details on getting here(that goes for you too Ron, I've moved to a new building).

Edited the date to sunday.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
... ChaosKnight, if we can't get to/don't want to go out of our way to get to CCX (I really want to), which is IN Maryland, why would we suddenly be able to attend Chu's Biweekly, in Virginia?

Why does everyone who seems to just not like coming to anything Baltimore holds (I hold), seem so determined to deter everyone else from coming out here, as well? I'm not trying to compete with anyone's event, I'm just trying to hold something relatively more convenient for people closer to me, than Rockville or VA, to have fun at.

It's very insulting when at least one person comes into every thread I make for my area, to basically say "don't come to this ****, go to CCX, or VA". If not my thread, other fests like the ones in Catonsville.

You said you might come to the last fest I held, and didn't even say why you couldn't (when you didn't show), nothing wrong with that at all, but you just came into another fest thread I've made, trying to get people to skip my newest fest, and go to Virginia.

What is the problem here? That's my only question. >_>

People should not post in this thread unless they actually support these get-togethers. I don't mean to sound rude, but this just bothers me.

Jasona

Smash Ace
next time I come, I'm working on my ganon and my link, to learn how to apply my WD crazy philosophy to those two. ganon seems easier, but the fact that I find link difficult just makes me want to try harder. If my ganon could move like my samus, then I might have a decent teams character.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Jasona, I am finding some use in Link's wavedash now, keep working on it, and it comes. I haven't been able to play much lately, but I got it to work a little for me. You won't be able to fly across the stage like Samus can, but its faster than running.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
TNR may come to this... but only if enough ppl come so the prize money is enough to pay for our gas.

Then again... Chudat lives 20 minutes away from us...

cmart

Smash Lord
Not sure there'll be a payout-but you guys should come anyway.

That siggy is so cuuuuutttteee

Ghostype

Smash Champion
We can do a tournament if enough people show, but it's never wise to go to a tournament assuming you'd take home the prize money; unless you already have a record of doing so (Team Ben, Azen, chillin, Chu Dat; etc), better players than you could sneak up and snatch that money.

If we DO have enough people to hold a tournament, we'll need three things primarily -

1. TVs
2. Cubes
3. Someone who can set up a tournament

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Unfortuantely I can supply nothing except maybe some support in setup. It's not difficult to make a draw, but what kind of rules to use is beyond me, I'm sure others will know, though. Hopefully.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
We can do a tournament if enough people show, but it's never wise to go to a tournament assuming you'd take home the prize money; unless you already have a record of doing so (Team Ben, Azen, chillin, Chu Dat; etc), better players than you could sneak up and snatch that money.
But then again, how do you know that TNR isn't amazing... *raises eyebrow*

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
No one is going to believe you're awesome unless you come here and school us all, that's the only way to do it.

Edit: And blue light, just no.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Count me in!

omg omg omg!! I could so get my butt whooped at this! I'M COMING!!

I did a mapquest, and it's 4.15 miles coming from UMBC (1000 Hilltop Circle). I could cut that down to 3.5 miles by taking a shortcut across campus. Does anyone know someone from UMBC who is traveling to the fest by car? Surely someone is... like 100+ people at UMBC play SSBM. If so, could I get a ride? I can bring a gamecube, SSBM, and 4 controllers. If no one can give me a ride, I'll probably walk or ride the transit part of the way down.

Exactly how big are these fests? I'm so excited about getting whooped I can barely wait.

EDIT: I should add that I can bring a 27" tv if someone can drive me :D

Top Bottom