• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Smashfests

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Hey Tru, you'll notice something funny when you're going through the tapes. Watch my Sheik v. Fox matches with you, then DOSV, then my Fox v. Sheik in the crew battle.

I was thinking about those matches and realize I can't play Sheik well (as well as I did against you or D), if I don't understand my opponent's teching pattern. When I was playing Cbox's Fox in the crew match I had no idea what the **** he was doing and my game is all about reading techs.

I just think it looks funny to watch my matches versus you or D, then see me get demolished by Cbox. X.x I think I'm only using Sheik from now on against people whose patterns I know to some degree/characters I can tech chase (not Samus >_>).

Playing all those different Foxes though definitely helped my game.

And here's my money matche report from this fest -

Tru= (Falcon) vs Btree (Roy) - $5 (got owned)

Frozenchaos (Falcon) vs Btree (Roy) - $1 (won)

Frozenchaos (Falcon) vs Btree (Marth) - $3 (got owned, lol I told Frozen Marth-Falcon is very close and he didn't believe me)

From those matches I learned that I need to work on my speed/new combos.

Nurok

Smash Lord
Bowsertree... I'll help you with marth combos. I'm good with them. Marth ditto me next time we meet. I'll teach you.
also play my fox vs. sheik... i got a really gay fox who shine spikes too much.
BTW DOSV is my boy. WE smashed this week, He taught me and i taught him. We're both amazing now.

cmart

Smash Lord
Revenge for cmart? I usually beat or come **** close to beating samus with jiggz. What are you refering to?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Lol Tru said he beat your Jiggs with Samus sometime back, so I told him I'd avenge that ****.

Nurok - I don't really need advice on Marth, I'm really just going to be working on my speed with combos more than anything. But we can Marth ditto again. And yes D's definitely gotten better, he Fox is way faster than I remember. His Samus also stresses me out. >_< Played a lot of Roy dittos as well.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Draft crews. I was a captain, and Tru= was the captain of the other teams. My side won 3-0. Last crew battle Hat got a clutch win against Tru's Falco with his ICs and won us the whole thing. :)

I think I made okay decisions on who to send out when, I went out first every battle to test the waters and it helped. I went Jiggs last one and took out six stock which was funny.

Edit: Cmart - it's just what he told me. Glad to hear though.

D

Deleted member

sorry cmart if we didnt play my bad man.i think i said i taped it so if im correct that match was w/ binge but you both tied in matches sorry about that:( oh...and very beast c.f matches btw:)

crew drafts make me sad lol

EDIT: just checked the tapes and i realized theres anather jiggs i was playing w/my samus on the same tape as you vs. binge so my bad man:(

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Who was in ur crew and who was in tru's?
I'm not sure of everyone's names (threw the papers away >_>). But basically it was like

Btree

Sheik
Marth
Fox
Fox
(forgot other character)

Tru=

Falco
Samus
Fox
Marth
(forgot other character)

Second battle the only change was me switching to Marth. Third one people were leaving, but Frozen and Hat were here so they were on my team and we did some switching.

Btree (Jigglypuff)
Frozen (Falcon)
Hat (Ice Climbers)
Cronux? (Samus)

Tru= (Falco)
Jay Talbayne (Marth)

Can't remember others. Maybe Tru remembers better than me (he's got the tapes >_>).

D

Deleted member

cbok and cronux and cknr my team

cronux-samus(my team until 3rd)
cbok-fox(my team)
cknr(foxmyteam)

----------------------------------------

your team

munkyman-doctor mario
jes-marth
dosv-fox

D

Deleted member

Aww i want 2 b in a random crew battle lol so i can take 12 stockz:laugh:
it wasnt my fault.the first crew battle nikk took 6 stock off us! i did my best but couldnt close the gap:( then dosv came in for the sweep. it doesnt matter though it was fun trying to close that gap getting through 2 ppl and 2 more stock:) so good**** guys

D

Deleted member

Man i wanted to fight Frozen again with C.Falcon Dittos i barley won last time i wana c if i got better =D
me and frzn played about 30 c.f dittos literally.i was only in the lead cause he sd'd thats all...

but frzn knows the power of the moonwalk knee now :)

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Tru, you neglected to teach me the moonwalk yesterday. Stab yourself.

Btw, we need to do Team Meatwad voice next time. Just talk like Meatwad the entire match. >_>

D

Deleted member

Tru, you neglected to teach me the moonwalk yesterday. Stab yourself.

Btw, we need to do Team Meatwad voice next time. Just talk like Meatwad the entire match. >_>
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss and i cant believe i didnt show you my secret technique to an improved moonwalk even if you dont moonwalk in the first place!!!:(:(:( i showed cmart maybe he remembered and he an show you!if not that will be my top priority next time:)

TEAM MEATWAD VOCIES FTW!!!!!!

cmart

Smash Lord
Don't worry about the samus thing-I just remember that matchup well cause I'm trying to beat Jasona's samus at some point. In the future we must all wear tags in videos. Preferably other people's tags so we can assure mass confusion.
Yeah BT I'll show you moonwalk tech if Tru doesn't first. I've got to practice it and get it down first though.
D- Our Foxes seemed pretty even. We'll have to ditto some more in the future (I always say that but usually only end up playing you like one or two matches-I squander smashfests hard).

D

Deleted member

Don't worry about the samus thing-I just remember that matchup well cause I'm trying to beat Jasona's samus at some point. In the future we must all wear tags in videos. Preferably other people's tags so we can assure mass confusion.
Yeah BT I'll show you moonwalk tech if Tru doesn't first. I've got to practice it and get it down first though.
D- Our Foxes seemed pretty even. We'll have to ditto some more in the future (I always say that but usually only end up playing you like one or two matches-I squander smashfests hard).
so you did remember the moonwalk thing. excellent:)

>.> <.< did cmart get tru= training!?!?!0.0 haha jk

Nurok

Smash Lord
OWHA
NIKK
YO IS MY BOY!
i taught nikk everything he knows.(lmao jk!)
good **** nikk and DOSV. We def. need to smash more. All of us seem to get amaazing after we smash with eachother

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Tru tell me when u put those Vids up u recorded and give a link so I can show my friends

and I sensed Ron seemed to have some hidden anger w/ me that night or am I being crazy, whats up w/ that son? =[

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Oh well.

Hey guys, I'm not doing biweeklies anymore. I'll probably just hold smashfests now whenever it looks like that Saturday doesn't have anything going on elsewhere/Catonsville.

Levitibus - UltimaScout wants to take you up on your MM challenge, next time he comes through.

Zero34

Smash Lord
i am actually always busy on saturday mornings and afternoons so having these smashfests at night is awesome. keep hosting bt!!

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Sounds like Nikk is getting really good. I can't wait to play him again. He went easy on my marth the last few times I played him; I want to see what he's got now.

Sorry to hear your fests are no longer "biweeklies", BT. Just play it like Hat and FC and call it something less, but hold it like almost every other week :) I enjoy playing at your place, and it's the only place that doesn't give me an allergic reaction. Plus, I attended my first Smashfest at your place. I remember it very well... Jasona, Undr, DOSV, Nikk, and other guys I didn't play as much.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm probably holding a fest next Saturday, but at like 7PM-7:30. I'm going to my niece's birthday party I think, which is why it'd start that late.

Top Bottom