• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Public Preview *GENESIS UPDATE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon89

Smash Cadet
amazing videos Big O. i must admit the second video's ending is epic.

makes me wish the final release was out.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Just take my word for it that this development team resents delays as much as everyone else, but there's not much to be done but take it in stride.

Also, a pedantic note that I couldn't help but deliver is that taunt attacks (Luigi, Snake) also don't stale. A further pedantic note is that Sonic's forward and down special occupy the same spot in the stale moves queue.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Yeah, that's likely because though they start up differently, they eventually become the same move once Sonic gets rolling. The difference between his down and forward specials are what you can do during the beginning stages.

ratman19

Smash Cadet
Just take my word for it that this development team resents delays as much as everyone else, but there's not much to be done but take it in stride.

Also, a pedantic note that I couldn't help but deliver is that taunt attacks (Luigi, Snake) also don't stale. A further pedantic note is that Sonic's forward and down special occupy the same spot in the stale moves queue.
is ness' up b the same or is it like in brawl plus, when you use up b and hit someone, you are able to use it a 2nd time and not free fall

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It's a code. It has nothing to do with animations similarities. All it does is reference the same variable.

zAirs and Taunts don't reference any variable for stale moves.

ratman19

Smash Cadet
too much of a game changer and really unnecessary

ok. where can i find the code which allows you to use ness up b many times. in a way, in my opinion its just like what they did to ike side b allowing you to use it as many times as you like

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I just finally heard from Thinkaman whom I had been waiting on. He got lost out in Indiana for several hours and should be back in 30-40 minutes. The release WILL promptly follow.

I sincerely apologize for these delays. They're unprofessional, and they do not represent the standard this project holds itself to. I can only assure you that the final product is worth it.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
I just finally heard from Thinkaman whom I had been waiting on. He got lost out in Indiana for several hours and should be back in 30-40 minutes. The release WILL promptly follow.

I sincerely apologize for these delays. They're unprofessional, and they do not represent the standard this project holds itself to. I can only assure you that the final product is worth it.
It's all good. The work you two have put into this makes it easy to forgive one small delay. Take as much time as you need; no need to rush.

That said, I will now admit that I am insanely hyped for this release, almost to the point of ridiculousness. I know it's absurd, but I have that "waking up on Christmas morning" type of feeling. It's like I'm an excited 10-year-old again, waiting eagerly for Christmas morning to see what Santa brought me; except I'm 20, Santa is Thinkaman/Amazing Ampharos, and half of Santa is lost in Indiana instead of delivering presents.

Truly a time for celebration. :D

Mit

Smash Ace
Good to see people excited :)

I know as soon as this gets released I'm gonna spread the word. Gonna try to get it into regular play at the few places I play at regularly. Gonna champion it all over the Falcon board too :) Especially everyone with an SD will have no excuse not to try it.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ottawa isn't taking kindly to it in the least.

I blame David Sirlin, because there's no standout "play to win" character in bBrawl, and they believe fighting games should be unbalanced to an extent :/

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I even have a small upgrade to the BBrawl sig all set. :D

I'M ESSIGHTED OMGLOL

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Balanced Brawl is all about playing to win. These following characters are characters I suggest using if you want to play to win:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Link, Zelda & Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Olimar, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Marth, Ike, Ness, Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, Snake, Sonic, Random

This topic is about to become obsolete; I have the technical power to lock this topic, but not being a mod in this section of the forums, that's probably irresponsible.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
THINKAMAAAAAAAN!!!! AMPHAROOOOOOOSSS!!!

Just think guys!! One day people could be dropping their knees and cursing your name because of a few small additions to a game sequel you produced! Isn't that a wonderful thought? :D

BG3

Smash Journeyman
THINKAMAAAAAAAN!!!! AMPHAROOOOOOOSSS!!!

Just think guys!! One day people could be dropping their knees and cursing your name because of a few small additions to a game sequel you produced! Isn't that a wonderful thought? :D
I seriously hope you're joking. Because, if you're not, you're about to be destroyed with logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom