• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Genius. If you manage to make the down-smash usable in the air, I promise, I will freak out.
That should be possible, but there is not much point in doing it unless you mean make ground stomp usable in the air.
That was a good idea, but you are right... So what if he used his tail or his rump? He's got a big butt and I cannot lie.
I've never noticed the animation similarity until now, so maybe it really isn't that necessary...
That could work, but im afraid if i would use his butt for that, it would go through people like hot knife through BUTTer!

I am very much liking K Rool's progress. :) Would love to beta test him when it's ready. I'm good with all character types and techniques minus really advanced stuff like multishines. I've tested for a few projects before and people seem to like my feedback, too.
Will keep that in mind.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
That should be possible, but there is not much point in doing it unless you mean make ground stomp usable in the air.
Having both the ground Down Smash and the air Down A be the same thing/animation doesn't sound appealing, truth be told :O
Has there ever been a character in Smash who has this sort of thing? Although ironically, it might make him somewhat unique.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Having both the ground Down Smash and the air Down A be the same thing/animation doesn't sound appealing, truth be told :O
Has there ever been a character in Smash who has this sort of thing? Although ironically, it might make him somewhat unique.
True.
Technically Charizard has that. It just that he has no ground under him when using DAir, so, only feet are left for attack.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
So Peardian from KCMM recently posted his custom model of Crocodile Isle (and also DK Island), and I think it'd make a great stage for K Rool. It would take a lot of work presumably, but maybe you could team up with someone for it.

You can find it here, and it looks like this:

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
So Peardian from KCMM recently posted his custom model of Crocodile Isle (and also DK Island), and I think it'd make a great stage for K Rool. It would take a lot of work presumably, but maybe you could team up with someone for it.

holy crap that is epic. PLEASE MAKE THIS A STAGE

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Ok then.

Not really. I've been busy with preparation for New Year (both in my house and in "school") lately. But i already reached his attack animations.

Kinda random, i know, but does anyone here understands japanese?
Please PM me the request. If it's short and easy then I can help you. If it's longer/ requires time then I can't guarantee anything as my team and I are still working on addressing the incredible backlog of Smash information that exists.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

I'd better leave it to those who know what they are doing like DSX8 and...that guy making HD remakes of things (forgot his name, but it started with "E-" and ended with " Flows" or something like that). But how would it work anyway? Like that stage on a plane in 4? Like Isle Delfino?
Mabye PushDustIn PushDustIn of Source Gaming can help, but I am not sure. They do translations for Smash all the time, but I don't know if it would cost something, or if he would want to do it at all.
Its not needed anymore. And i don't think he would agr-
Please PM me the request. If it's short and easy then I can help you. If it's longer/ requires time then I can't guarantee anything as my team and I are still working on addressing the incredible backlog of Smash information that exists.
Now i wish i had something truly important that needed to be translated instead of just several lines for a soundbank. Unless you're ok with that as well.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I'd better leave it to those who know what they are doing like DSX8 and...that guy making HD remakes of things (forgot his name, but it started with "E-" and ended with " Flows" or something like that). But how would it work anyway? Like that stage on a plane in 4? Like Isle Delfino?
Well then, Edwguard Flows Edwguard Flows , what do you think? :)

Personally I viewed it as a static stage, maybe a platform here and there and DK Island in the background. DK Island is very low poly here and I think having a pretty basic (even competitive) stage is a plus.

Last edited:

latinking

Smash Apprentice

That is amazing. I hope the island itself isn't the stage. In other words, the fighters should instead be on a floating platform that flies around the island, giving the viewers interesting sights/glimpses of every area of the island. This would allow the island to feel gigantic, instead of allowing players to fight on it like Peach's Casle (which makes it feel really small).
And I have a very fitting song for this stage.

If one of the areas of the island could get its very own stage, it needs to be Krazy Kremland. Can you image being on a platform that flies over and under the roller coaster tracks? Seeing Kremlings on the rides, with some falling to their doom because they're in a state of disrepair, with a few Zingers flying about.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
You could have Gangplank Galleon moving around Crocodile Isle. If you're replacing Toonlink then replace his stage with a different Pirate ship.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Its not needed anymore. And i don't think he would agr-

Now i wish i had something truly important that needed to be translated instead of just several lines for a soundbank. Unless you're ok with that as well.
Please PM me. It's very hard to keep track of requests otherwise. If you give me more details I'll let you know if I can do it (in PM).

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
Well then, Edwguard Flows Edwguard Flows , what do you think? :)

Personally I viewed it as a static stage, maybe a platform here and there and DK Island in the background. DK Island is very low poly here and I think having a pretty basic (even competitive) stage is a plus.
I think that It could be good option. Static stage with a background in movement

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Cool! Do you think you'd want to toy with it after you've finished your WIPs? You and DSX8 likely have the most skill with this stuff.
You're rather persistent. For one, I dunno why all of this couldn't be asked outside of Bagan's thread. And for another, isn't it best to let creators make what they want at their own pace? I guess your enthusiasm is okay (?) but constantly tagging folks into other's threads and making what seem to be your own desires public isn't very becoming.

I don't mean to police, and I ask for forgiveness from either Bagan or Edwguard Flows if they don't mind, but it's a bit frustrating seeing this and some other threads updated with this indirect requesting.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
You're rather persistent. For one, I dunno why all of this couldn't be asked outside of Bagan's thread. And for another, isn't it best to let creators make what they want at their own pace? I guess your enthusiasm is okay (?) but constantly tagging folks into other's threads and making what seem to be your own desires public isn't very becoming.

I don't mean to police, and I ask for forgiveness from either Bagan or Edwguard Flows if they don't mind, but it's a bit frustrating seeing this and some other threads updated with this indirect requesting.
If Edwguard didn't want to do this he wouldn't have replied. Also, do you ever post a positive reply? I don't think anyone enjoys you harassing them inside of smashboards. If bagan really cared, he would've asked everyone to stop talking about it.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord

I do this with people that say they are either open to ideas or requests. Edwguard has been, so I mention stuff like this, and we seem to be on pretty good terms still. I think that if a few creators are open to being suggested cool, new ideas, and some other people want those ideas made into projects (myself included of course), then it seems pretty helpful to link the creators to those ideas. Call it requesting if you'd like but it seems rather effective and beneficial to me.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I don't think anyone enjoys you harassing them inside of smashboards.
I don't think you know me well enough to say I'm harassing people, per se? I'm just blunt. Usually bluntness comes off as negative if you interpret it as such, so if you feel some type of way that's on you. Feel free to find posts I made where I'm "harassing" people, PM me, and we'll discuss it maturely.

I do this with people that say they are either open to ideas or requests. Edwguard has been, so I mention stuff like this, and we seem to be on pretty good terms still.
As I mentioned, I have no issue apologizing if the people I previously mentioned are okay with what's going on here. Everyone has there preferences and peeves. If you find it effective, that's on you.

My sincerest apologies for derailing the subject with my input.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you know me well enough to say I'm harassing people, per se? I'm just blunt. Usually bluntness comes off as negative if you interpret it as such, so if you feel some type of way that's on you. Feel free to find posts I made where I'm "harassing" people, PM me, and we'll discuss it maturely.

As I mentioned, I have no issue apologizing if the people I previously mentioned are okay with what's going on here. Everyone has there preferences and peeves. If you find it effective, that's on you.

Yeah, might've overreacted a bit... I'm not going to go too off topic though... Any progress on Krool or Kraid?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Just curious, where were the colour samples for K. Rool retrieved from? They don't seem to suit Brawl's visual style very much, though that may just be me... Art styles are hard, maaaan.

Yeah, you're definitely not the worse offender. I've seen more mean people who actually harass specific users- most of whom get away with it because they're able to make a few things in Brawl Box. Big woop. I wish admins would act more on them or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think it's also in part of your profile picture, sometimes, people get attached to negative connotations based off of initial impressions of what they see. It also applies to the colour red.

Bluntness is a strange thing, it is. Especially from culture-to-culture. I've always learned to beat around the bush as much as possible so as to make everyone happy! This makes constructive criticism hard.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Bluntness is a strange thing, it is. Especially from culture-to-culture. I've always learned to beat around the bush as much as possible so as to make everyone happy! This makes constructive criticism hard.
Yeah, it's funny how those things work. HO is right in that I am a very blunt person, not that I don't try to be considerate and all that.

Also, could you post those recolors? I think I missed them...

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Christmas, New Year's and Reality 64 have been eating up my time, but I've been chipping away at Donkey Kong Country. The show is utter garbage but I think I'm suffering from Stockholm Syndrome now, because I actually kind of like it.

K. Rool doesn't make all that many grunts and such(Because the animators were too lazy to animate any actual fighting), so you might need to cut up some of his sounds to get smaller soundbites for those actions.

i personally think his dk 64 voice is the best one to use there is also plenty of sounds that he makes so thats a plus,also like the original grunt"ohg" he makes in dkc 1 for snes(but his paon and cartoon voices would be fine too :)...its really up to how you want him to sound.

here is an example

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Where's fun in that? And modding isn't legal either.
Modding is in the legal gray area, but wait until TPP where modding is illegal due to circumventing digital locks (DRM) and "exposing trade secrets".

a Brawl Minus dev confirmed the whole team are more worried about that than Nintendo finding ways (if they actually care) to shutting down the modding/fangame community.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
Christmas, New Year's and Reality 64 have been eating up my time, but I've been chipping away at Donkey Kong Country. The show is utter garbage but I think I'm suffering from Stockholm Syndrome now, because I actually kind of like it.

K. Rool doesn't make all that many grunts and such(Because the animators were too lazy to animate any actual fighting), so you might need to cut up some of his sounds to get smaller soundbites for those actions.
how dare you i brush my teeth to the songs

Last edited:

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
Uh, Bagan... just thought of this. Is someone else making Shulk if you're making Metal Face? Seems kinda necessary lol
It already exists, but it's a pre-Smash 4 moveset with some cloned things from Ike. I made a decloned BrawlEx version, but I'm not sure if it holds up to scrutiny so I haven't shown anyone. When Metal Face comes out, if someone hasn't already made a vastly superior version by then, I can give it to you if you feel you need it.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
It already exists, but it's a pre-Smash 4 moveset with some cloned things from Ike. I made a decloned BrawlEx version, but I'm not sure if it holds up to scrutiny so I haven't shown anyone. When Metal Face comes out, if someone hasn't already made a vastly superior version by then, I can give it to you if you feel you need it.
That'd be cool! Why not tweak it if you feel that way, though? You must like it enough to have put in the work you've done so far. :)

Gotta be really feelin' it

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
In think he said the plan was ness or Lucas...
Ok... That's an interesting placement for someone like Kraid.

Also Bagan, I don't want to be rude but um... Hows Metal Face going in terms of completion.

Don't want to be rude or anything it's just he looks awesome
and i'd like to try him out.

I'll wait like the rest of us.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Ok... That's an interesting placement for someone like Kraid.

Also Bagan, I don't want to be rude but um... Hows Metal Face going in terms of completion.

Don't want to be rude or anything it's just he looks awesome
and i'd like to try him out.

I'll wait like the rest of us.
Metal Face has a complete moveset. He has alternate colors and portraits as well. He just needs item animations, misc animations (like swimming and stuff), and taunts. He need two more victory animations. Probably some balancing as well.

Source: I test him right now. Here he is with Ridley 2.2.

Last edited:

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i dont know if i should put this in the ridley thread or this one but whatever, i can chaingrab ridley with dededes down throw to about 30% i think, it isnt that much of a problem but it might be with k.rool kraid and metal face because there supposed to be alot heavier. can you even fix this problem?

latinking

Smash Apprentice
This all looks fantastic! More excited about this than the DLC characters!
Same here. Even back then with his Ridley mod, it made me more hyped than Smash 4 itself.
i dont know if i should put this in the ridley thread or this one but whatever, i can chaingrab ridley with dededes down throw to about 30% i think, it isnt that much of a problem but it might be with k.rool kraid and metal face because there supposed to be alot heavier. can you even fix this problem?
The testers will hopefully keep an eye out.

Top Bottom