• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I've gone over this. You've even responded to my argument as to why I believe it. You're trying to attract attention as a shooter candidate. You appear to desperately want to prove to people that you can shoot. You've said that you were only complying to what town wanted, but it seemed like you were going even further than that. You voted for yourself as shooter. That extends beyond compliance. You couldn't stress more how willing you were to shoot.
It's because I want to live. I heard "Vocal should shoot or get shot" so I responded "let me shoot something." Of course I'm willing to shoot - I'm town and I know it, and if I'm going to have to be on one side of a gun I would rather it not be the smoking end. If people remove from gun interactions entirely I'm fine with that too, but I'm not just going to say "well ok you guys can shoot me." A large part of the reason why I was so vocal (heh heh) about shooting is because that's the only way that I'm going to know who the right target is. There is no vote count, and people change their minds - I needed to gather information on who is a legitimate target.

For the record, everyone else, I am still highly in favor of a Clownbot shootee.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd like to hear Ryu's thoughts before anything else.

Also I'm kind of annoyed with BSL being so useless, even though he cleared me. You were pushing for a Ran shoot hard and now he flipped town. Any great insight, champ?

:059:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
me? i said he was probably town. i just wanted him dead.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Read the game.

Well, there are quite a few people whom I'm not happy with, shame Seph turned inactive but then again I'm only here because he was.

Not gonna list yet, still working on reading key posts.

Red Ryu, I know that you are still reading but would you be willing to shoot toDay?
There are other people who I want to shoot before anyone else, including myself.

I would like Luxor or Clownbot to shoot tonight, more so Luxor.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Read the game.

Well, there are quite a few people whom I'm not happy with, shame Seph turned inactive but then again I'm only here because he was.

Not gonna list yet, still working on reading key posts.

There are other people who I want to shoot before anyone else, including myself.

I would like Luxor or Clownbot to shoot tonight, more so Luxor.
Can Luxor shoot Clownbot? Either way I want Clown involved.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Where does the idea come from that Luxor shooting is going to be more helpful than Ryu, Vocal, Clown or Summoner shooting? Again, I'm not saying "no no no, Lux doesn't shoot toDay". I just think it's weird because I have yet to hear concrete accusations and we have enough scummy / questionable players in this game.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I might be just as fine with Summoner shooting as I am Luxor.

There's just that little speed bump where in order to shoot you have to show up first.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Where does the idea come from that Luxor shooting is going to be more helpful than Ryu, Vocal, Clown or Summoner shooting? Again, I'm not saying "no no no, Lux doesn't shoot toDay". I just think it's weird because I have yet to hear concrete accusations and we have enough scummy / questionable players in this game.

I was just asking Ryu of his opinions. I haven't thought hard enough about who should shoot today; I've assumed for a while that it was going to be me, but as that is not the case I need to re-evaluate. Currently doing an ISO on Gheb.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
K back.

Not going to lie, I didn't reread this game last Night like I said I was. I sat down to do and was prepared to take awesome notes and everything but half an hour in and not even 100 posts done I was like **** this isn't going to work. =/

I also really wanta see RR's thoughts.

Vocal, why the ISO on Gheb?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
K back.

Not going to lie, I didn't reread this game last Night like I said I was. I sat down to do and was prepared to take awesome notes and everything but half an hour in and not even 100 posts done I was like **** this isn't going to work. =/

I also really wanta see RR's thoughts.

Vocal, why the ISO on Gheb?
I forget why exactly, something just caught my attention and seemed a bit off. If anything comes of it I'm sure I'll find it again.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So with alive players we have.

Clownbot
Ryker
BSL
Luxor
Red Ryu
SummonerAU
Gheb
-Vocal-
Sworddancer.
July

Just listing for now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I want Luxor or Clown to shoot.

Luxor has been off and on with reponses, some being up good points others are small and don't bring anything for town.

Clown is being really clingy to certain people. Mostly how he is playing follow the leader with the most pro town people like Ryker and such in this game.

-Vocal- I question him as well but what are your reasons for wanting in involved as the shooter or the shootee so badly. Top scum pick? or lots of doubt on him?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't lay all my card on the table for scum to read.

And for quotes,

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12436406&postcount=1411<-clear jumping onto Ryker.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12466957&postcount=1476<Says leave Vocal alone that he shouldn't shoot, why?

Id Vocal shoots someone else that town does not want a bullet going towards, like Ryker or Gheb who is cleared, it proves he is anti town, and town will shoot him the next day for doing that.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12471077&postcount=1487<-conforming to others ideas quickly, why is he so open to letting people shoot like this?

He thinks Vocal is scum, not seeing it as I do on Clown, and Luxor atm.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
#1476 was way sarcastic.

Already explained why I don't want Vocal shooting. Not too long ago, even.

I'm open to letting Summoner shoot because I think could be scum? He and Luxor aren't really far apart to me, the only thing is that Summoner doesn't post as often so it'd probably be easier to get Luxor to shoot.

Did I ever say I thought Vocal was scum? I said if he's scum he's GF, but I don't recall explicitly calling him scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok if he is the godfather, he shoots anywhere town says is dumb and he dies, if he is town he knows not to shoot people with stronger agreed town reads.

If he is anyone else, he can't shoot which makes us immediately question why he can't.

Either way before him, I want to ask you or Luxor to shoot.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm kind of confused about your reasoning, GF isn't just gonna shoot recklessly. Matter of fact, he'll probably shoot whoever town wants him to.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Exactly, if they don't comply, like shooting a scum mate and his hesitant to do so, we can ask why he won't shoot.

And go from there.

If they comply easier then it's less to work with.

Next question, if you were to shoot Clownbot, who do you want to shoot at this point?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, I'm back from V/LA, but not caught up. Saw the flip. Thoroughly annoyed.

We miss our shot here then the first townie to log in quickshoots. I don't care if you already shot, you quickshoot. We miss, they NKill, they shoot me, they NKill, they win.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Not you, you have no gun. I'm telling everyone else to ****ing shoot someone before I get shot and we lose the game.

July

Smash Apprentice

You left Swords off this list, you are not suspicious of him then?

Just checking but I do agree the best bet is having one of Ryu, Vocal, Clown, or Summoner shoot the other.

-Vocal- I question him as well but what are your reasons for wanting in involved as the shooter or the shootee so badly. Top scum pick? or lots of doubt on him?
Vocal has been my top scum pick since the end of Day 1 and I really really wanted it resolved yesterDay, I've had doubts about his ability to shoot and I still do.

Okay, I'm back from V/LA, but not caught up. Saw the flip. Thoroughly annoyed.

We miss our shot here then the first townie to log in quickshoots. I don't care if you already shot, you quickshoot. We miss, they NKill, they shoot me, they NKill, they win.
Understood.

I need to think about Ryu's response to shooting, tbh it makes me uneasy that he has other people he wants to shoot before himself, once again doubts about having the ability to shoot are stemming from this response like it did from Vocal's original response. Also, Vocal really didn't want to shoot Seph yesterDay, I remember him asking for people's second choices.

Basically, I still suspect Vocal, and I could see Ryu as Vocal's scum buddy and as a nonshooter.

Luxor

Smash Champion
In chemistry right now, so somebody ask me a question. No, I can't go back and read this page to answer something because it would make my headache worse.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You left Swords off this list, you are not suspicious of him then?

Just checking but I do agree the best bet is having one of Ryu, Vocal, Clown, or Summoner shoot the other.
Not as much as the 4 people I mentioned. The thing is that mentioning too many names involved in a shot may give the GF a cop out in case he's the one to shoot. Ambiguity on who shoots and who gets shot for what reason is imo one of the reasons kuz was shot yesterDay although he wasn't the player who most people had on top of their scum list.

Since we're in a situation where we might lose the game I think we should have a very clear scum list with 3-4 people max and no "he might be scum or we want to clear him by shooting". I don't think we have the numbers to pull that through especially after two heavily misguided shots we had so far. Shooting scum toDay is almost mandatory; we can't do experimental stuff like "if X flips town Y is likely scum" anymore in the current situation.
So I keep my scum list compact and easy to understand without any "I don't think he's scum but I'd like him to shoot maybe" stuff mucking things up.

And people need to start justifying their stances. Suggesting to shoot Luxor at this point is completely counterproductive to all the discussion and conclusions we've had so far. If you flat-out think he's scum you *must* have a reason for it. So there's no reason to not lay your cards on the table now.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think Vocal has a gun. I don't think he'd have faked it that long without having tried harder to get out of it. I also think he's the godfather, but to be perfectly honest, that's for another day. Summoner and Red Ruy are my other two scum picks. Thank god I have a Psuedo-Clear on Gheb.

Summoner and Red Ruy are scum for the same reason. They've been gone the WHOLE damn game and I haven't liked what they put forward. Seph had no content on the game, just arguing for mechanics which reads as fishing for town points to me. Summoner has just been sketchy because his content hasn't been good content which I expect from him.

Luxor is also scummy as ****. I have him down for coasting and seeming like Ranmaru Jr, but I think one scum lies in Summoner and Red Ruy and I don't think it can shoot.

Summoner shoots Red Ruy and I think we're clear. If that doesn't work, first townie to log in shoots Vocal. We've got more people than they do, so if we get beaten to the punch, we have no excuse.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, despite me thinking that Vocal is GF, I don't want him shooting. If he's Godfather, true enough, it puts him on CD. If he's not, then I ****ed up and we have a fairly active townie on cooldown tomorrow. I still maintain my stance that he has a gun.

If I'm wrong about Red Ruy/Summoner, then quick shoot Luxor or Vocal.

I just don't think Clown, or especially not Sworddancer, is as scummy as Red Ruy, Summoner, Vocal, or Luxor.

Gheb was right, cards face-up and do it now.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I think Vocal has a gun. I don't think he'd have faked it that long without having tried harder to get out of it. I also think he's the godfather, but to be perfectly honest, that's for another day. Summoner and Red Ruy are my other two scum picks. Thank god I have a Psuedo-Clear on Gheb.

Summoner and Red Ruy are scum for the same reason. They've been gone the WHOLE damn game and I haven't liked what they put forward. Seph had no content on the game, just arguing for mechanics which reads as fishing for town points to me. Summoner has just been sketchy because his content hasn't been good content which I expect from him.

Luxor is also scummy as ****. I have him down for coasting and seeming like Ranmaru Jr, but I think one scum lies in Summoner and Red Ruy and I don't think it can shoot.

Summoner shoots Red Ruy and I think we're clear. If that doesn't work, first townie to log in shoots Vocal. We've got more people than they do, so if we get beaten to the punch, we have no excuse.
I'm the godfather? I gotta learn how to not be scum, because I apparently just end up that way in every game I play regardless of alignment. I think I just talk too much. Actually, can you and July talk this one out? You think I have a gun and she doesn't - I'm interested to see why each of you thinks I'm scum but with different capabilities.

Anyways, while I really don't like the idea of shooting inactives, it's just been too long. At least Ryu is here and there's a chance of him providing content in the future; Summoner can be shot.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. People don't agree with my scum picks. People think I'm scum, with a gun or without. If I shoot a target, then I rob town of the ability to clear a suspect. Not sure what I'm supposed to do at this point really. Guess just answer questions when they're asked of me *shrug*

July

Smash Apprentice

I agree to having our cards out on the table, and I honestly haven't felt Swords was all that scummy from Day 1. I'm not up for shooting Clown either tbh, especially because my strongest scum picks have set their targets on him.

I've also considered Vocal's possibility of having a gun, and I admit that I'm not sure that he doesn't. I wanted him shooting yesterDay because he seemed hesitant; but I'm not going to ignore Clown, Ryker, and Gheb's concerns he could be godfather so I would much rather take the bet that one or both of Summoner and Red Ryu cannot shoot.

Ryker is right that Red Ryu and Summoner shooter/shootee is the best way we can go toDay and our best chance of hitting nonshooting scum.

#HBC | Dancer

So you read the game and the only person you really think is scummy is Clownbot? Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you, it's just that I'll think you'll come into this game with more than just that.

#HBC | Dancer

Er, actually just looked backed and saw you mentioned some stuff about Luxor, but my point still stands.

Okay, so this is technically WIFOM, but to all who think Luxor is scum:

Forgot about that part, I read it on the bus to school haha.
I'm playing fairly middle-of-the-road because I feel there's insufficient data to compute who's scummy. Summoner/Delvro/Vocal (with excuse, of course)/Kirbyoshi/etc. all haven't really said much meaningful stuff at all- in Kirbyoshi's case, literally nothing of importance at ALL. For now I'm trying to poke around and find little things. When I have a little more time I can take some meaningful actions.
Why would a scum Lux say this? This post has been in the back of my mind for awhile now If you can tell me why a scum Lux would say this, specifically the part where he said he will be playing "in the middle of the road?" I mean what scum actually just flat out saids that they will be indecisive early on in a game?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Er, actually just looked backed and saw you mentioned some stuff about Luxor, but my point still stands.

Okay, so this is technically WIFOM, but to all who think Luxor is scum:

Why would a scum Lux say this? This post has been in the back of my mind for awhile now If you can tell me why a scum Lux would say this, specifically the part where he said he will be playing "in the middle of the road?" I mean what scum actually just flat out saids that they will be indecisive early on in a game?
This is full-on WIFOM, and a really shoddy defense.

Top Bottom