• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 4! Game Over, Scum Wins!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Everyone tell me what you think of this scenario: Summoner or Luxor shoots Kuz. Also detail which of the two you'd prefer to be shooter.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Idc about Luxor shooting. Summoner was like "oh don't speculate about my role" so if you guys don't want Zen shooting, Summoner can do it. (Since pr's claimed)
Really want Zen to shoot tho.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So remember. If Zen flips scum, then July is scum.

Kuz is indirect to them. Yet July and Zen electing him to shoot could mean Kuzi is gf. That' is my inquiry there.

Of course I will admit faults, but please tell me why I may be wrong and I'll take it into consideration.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@840: No, scum benefit from a non-voting system because then they are never forced to shoot. They can hide. With voting, they cannot.

I will only shoot Kuz if I am voted to shoot Kuz.

I'm going to be igoring you now. No matter what I say, nothing logical will get through to you and you just keep things strayed from what's important. You did the same crap in FE.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok. Do you think the people against voting can shoot? Also, if you suspect Kuz being godfather, why not just elect him to be shot? I didn't really feel you were scum, but then when you hesitated to shoot Gova and instead elect me to shoot, I became suspicious. (that you were trying to plant the idea that you CAN shoot)

Oh come on. What thing that YOU said didn't get through to me? (just a couple main things) tell me, and I'll look back to see why I got those wrong. Why are you so quick to ignore me?

I'm scum hunting here. I may be wrong, but I have to pressure you to get answers.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw I actually thought it was TownvsScum between you and Kuz. I was thinking you'd be scum and he'd be town.

Yet my thoughts changed when I saw you post "I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna shoot Gova" and the posts that came after.

I considered Kuz being gf because of the person who pointed out that he was strongly against voting, yet didn't have strong stances. gf doesn't need to shoot, so he wouldn't need to vote to have others shoot a possible scum. Also add his little content, I'd feel he is trying to avoid attracting attention. He took alot during the start, and is now even ignoring Ryker's questions. Now that I fully read the thread I feel that my stances are a little stronger.

If you disagree, please refute it then.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ran I said I was going to shoot Gova because I was seriously contemplating on doing so, but of course it would be ideal for someone else to do the shooting. I figured you would be the easiest to convince to shoot before the approval of votes.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
And as I said earlier, I feel you and Gova could be scum buddies. I'd rather semi-clear someone else than myself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I'm not going to do something dumb like that. I'd give warning.

And I feel you and July are scum buddies.

But yet you commenting that Gova could be distancing me, and doesn't even follow up on his comments, makes me think he really is trying to buddy me as his scummate.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw, you asked me about the qt of BIM3. Was there something I should have picked up that I didn't?

Mostly I picked up stuff about how you could use the town bomb against town (which is why I started talking about the town bomb... and somehow got town bomb to claim ;-; ) And that scum would want to night kill daykillers.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I wanted the bombs NOT to claim because as long as they were unknown us scum could use them as a fake claim.

And just from that response I don't feel you and Gova are buddies anymore.

Also I'm shooting Gova in my next post unless someone convinces me not to.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah ok, thank you.

That is fine with me. I don't understand why you came up with that, but go ahead.

Do you feel the town has had enough discussion to end the day though?

July

Smash Apprentice
Nah I'm sticking with the system most likely.

Unvote bsl shootie; vote: summoner shootie

Ryker I will likely not even live past n2. The insurance that you need on my alignment will come in time.

@All: What do you think about setting the deadline to Wednesday?
I agree with setting the deadline to Wednesday.

Swords and July: Would you be willing to compromis? You both want kuz as shooter/shootie. I want Gova to die. Will you guys agree to Kuz shooting Gova?
I would be willing to compromise on Gova, and I want Kuz as shooter anyways so that works for me.

Also, do you think July can shoot?

Do you think scum can hide within the voting system?
Yes, I do think July can shoot. Haven't read your catch-up because its really, really freaking long, will get to that soon.

I think scum can hide a little in voting system, but no more than they could without it. Votes still depend on people's reads so if people get the wrong reads on who is town/scum its still going to lead to mislynches and scum getting away at times, but without a voting system I believe it would be much harder to catch people who are drifting because we don't have concrete, traceable stances to work off of.

I want to pressure you on your ability to shoot. Why were you trying to weigh the options of voting instead of you shooting?

It's likely if you come up scum, July would be scum. (Because she came in and said that I would be a better shooter than you, as if to defend you from having to shoot)

I was just thinking Kuz as an indirect scum who can shoot. (And he is against voting, what else would that attention getter post be for?) Plus Kuz is posting little to avoid attention. Someone pointed out that he was strongly against voting, yet wasn't really scumhunting.

Zen, I'd like to see you shoot your scumpicks, not anyone else. Also, I don't think Gova should be shot at all.

You said July was town, right?
So do you think it's wrong that I would rather have someone scummy shoot someone scummy? Zen isn't one of my scum picks, you are more in the air (once again, I'm hoping I'll have more to say on your alignment after reading that huge post).

Everyone tell me what you think of this scenario: Summoner or Luxor shoots Kuz. Also detail which of the two you'd prefer to be shooter.
Luxor shooting Kuz would be the best of those two options because I have one of my scum picks semi-cleared (Luxor) and my top scum picks definitive alignment. If Zen really does shoot Gova I think that's a really good option for toMorrow.

I wanted the bombs NOT to claim because as long as they were unknown us scum could use them as a fake claim.

And just from that response I don't feel you and Gova are buddies anymore.

Also I'm shooting Gova in my next post unless someone convinces me not to.
Not objecting, as long as Kuz/Luxor/Ran/Vocal are looked at toMorrow.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree with setting the deadline to Wednesday.
Why do you agree with setting it to Wednesday? Do you feel we hadn't talked enough yet?

Yes, I do think July can shoot. Haven't read your catch-up because its really, really freaking long, will get to that soon.
Yes, it is long. Sorry if it pains you, but it must be done so I may get a grasp to this game. I'm all about commitment.

I think scum can hide a little in voting system, but no more than they could without it. Votes still depend on people's reads so if people get the wrong reads on who is town/scum its still going to lead to mislynches and scum getting away at times, but without a voting system I believe it would be much harder to catch people who are drifting because we don't have concrete, traceable stances to work off of.
That's fine. I'm sure scum can still hide within the voting system when it IS implemented. So, I do not oppose it. We just have to see who really wants to just vote others to shoot. If there are more than 3 people for the voting system (even though one can shoot), then the ones who are town should try to look at the others who are for it and question them.

So do you think it's wrong that I would rather have someone scummy shoot someone scummy? Zen isn't one of my scum picks, you are more in the air (once again, I'm hoping I'll have more to say on your alignment after reading that huge post).
No, but you came and spoke about your stances pretty quickly after Zen stated he would Shoot Gova, and then fell back to me shooting. I'm not trying to shut down your options, that is just how I believe you and Zen are connected.

Not objecting, as long as Kuz/Luxor/Ran/Vocal are looked at toMorrow.
Ok. You said you agree with the deadline for Wednesday, yet you don't object to Zen shooting Gova, which would end the Day. Is the deadline not a priority to you? Do you feel that their was enough discussion toDay?

July

Smash Apprentice
Why do you agree with setting it to Wednesday? Do you feel we hadn't talked enough yet?

Yes, it is long. Sorry if it pains you, but it must be done so I may get a grasp to this game. I'm all about commitment.

That's fine. I'm sure scum can still hide within the voting system when it IS implemented. So, I do not oppose it. We just have to see who really wants to just vote others to shoot. If there are more than 3 people for the voting system (even though one can shoot), then the ones who are town should try to look at the others who are for it and question them.

No, but you came and spoke about your stances pretty quickly after Zen stated he would Shoot Gova, and then fell back to me shooting. I'm not trying to shut down your options, that is just how I believe you and Zen are connected.

Ok. You said you agree with the deadline for Wednesday, yet you don't object to Zen shooting Gova, which would end the Day. Is the deadline not a priority to you? Do you feel that their was enough discussion toDay?
I agree with setting it to Wednesday because people are v/la, but you are right it's really not a priority to me, I was just giving my opinion on the question. I feel like we've had a lot of discussion toDay, a flip and a read on someone would be pretty nice tbh.

Ran, I'm part way through your big post, how do you feel about me shooting toDay? Who would you want to see me shoot?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kk, thank you. Do you think it's wise to end the Day when Ryker and BSL haven't been fully cc'd? (Due to V/la's)?

Well I would rather see Zen carry out his offer. Kuz should be shot.

Why did you ask me that? Basically you just asked me if I wanted you to semi-clear yourself, and not Zen.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Thanks for the support guys :D

Kuz/replacement/Vocal/Summoner + obvtown Seph please post before the night phase.

Remember all, we have 24 hours of twilight after this.

Daykill: Gova

I'm suprised by the amount of support of Gova being shot despite no one considering him a play. Clown why you would want me to shoot your town read I do not know. Care to enlighten me on this?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
BSL, I'd like your reads before the night phase. (Besides me D: , we know you think I'm scum)

Now we know you can shoot. Ok. I'd like a different person to shoot everyDAY if possible.

Zen who do you want gone toMmorow?

Also, I wanted you to shoot Kuz. Although I didn't care because Gova was null to me, and leaning scum due to you noticing he may have been buddying me.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Now we should discuss who it is we think bsl should investigate during the night. I'd like for everyone to make a post explaining who they think should be investigated and why for these 3 scenarios:

1. Gova flips godfather
2. Gova flips goon/investigator
3. Gova flips town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. July - Because she asked me my thoughts about her shooting toDay instead of Zen. (wrt to her possibly being connected to Zen) Meaning if Zen is scum, they would have both had to be bluffing, making her the goon. (The connection is weak now that Zen had shot, I still doubt July though)

2. Not Zen, because then I'd think Zen knew and would be gf, therefore turning up townie. So I'd choose Kuz.

3. I guess Kuz still. I don't think flipping town affects anything. It'd only make the shooter suspicious for shooting him. (But in this case, if the shooter was scum, he'd be gf so that would be out of the question.

Also, my thoughts of Kuz being scum with Zen is now diminished. I thought Kuz had a chance of being gf because of strongly being against voting, but now I do not since Zen shot.

I now am thinking of the t/v argument between Zen and Kuz. I'll have to fall back onto that.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm suprised by the amount of support of Gova being shot despite no one considering him a play. Clown why you would want me to shoot your town read I do not know. Care to enlighten me on this?
Making sure you stuck to your word. It's not like any amount of convincing should have made you change your mind considering how much you've been riding him toDay.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How do you guys feel of the inactivity we are getting from those guys?

Kuz/replacement/Vocal/Summoner/seph I frown upon your low posts. We need you guys here in the town.

From the start of the next DAY I feel we should implement a 10 day deadline. Zen you want to do that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Making sure you stuck to your word. It's not like any amount of convincing should have made you change your mind considering how much you've been riding him toDay.
I felt as if you would shoot him for flipflopping on shooting. And I would have approved that. :bee:

Odd thing is he still left the option open "Unless you guys can convince me not to" meaning he wasn't entirely convinced of shooting him in the first place. (or just shooting)

Although I feel you have been ignoring me to avoid attention, but it's fine. I don't want to drag others down with me. But just keep that in mind. Lack of connections are just as big as connections.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'll be home tomorrow night, late. Idk If I'll be able to get you reads, as school is monday. Ill try.

I disagree. More likely to be town then scum. Do you think GF would quickshoot early? I do not think so. Quickshooting is anti-town, though. It messes stuff up for town. This is why we are trying to decide what to do with those
I don't think anyone would quickshoot early, so I didn't consider that possibility.

Only responding tothis because I saw that it was directed at me. And then I saw how shaqing long ran's post is. (Long posts like that are scummy or
Something, right?)

Aside from ran's superpost, I skimmed everything. Gova's been shot (assuming zen isn't faking), and I'm kind of disappointed, as he's V/LA at WHOBO. no chance todefend himself. Luckily, he should be back before the 24 hours is up, and can say some last few things. (assuming he flips town, that way it isn't full of WIFOM)

1) Ran
2) Ran
3) Ran

I need to make sure he's town so I won't tunnel the shaq out of him.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Odd thing is he still left the option open "Unless you guys can convince me not to" meaning he wasn't entirely convinced of shooting him in the first place. (or just shooting)
Ran, that means he was convinced and needed to be unconvinced to not shoot...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Clown, why would you want to make sure I followed up on shooting town? Makes little sense to me. You had a town read on both of us so surely your reasong isn't that you felt I couldn't shoot. Why would my mind matter? You shouldn't be agreeing to want someone you feel is town shoot another person you feel is town no matter how much they feel the other is scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll be home tomorrow night, late. Idk If I'll be able to get you reads, as school is monday. Ill try.

I don't think anyone would quickshoot early, so I didn't consider that possibility.

Only responding tothis because I saw that it was directed at me. And then I saw how shaqing long ran's post is. (Long posts like that are scummy or
Something, right?)

Aside from ran's superpost, I skimmed everything. Gova's been shot (assuming zen isn't faking), and I'm kind of disappointed, as he's V/LA at WHOBO. no chance todefend himself. Luckily, he should be back before the 24 hours is up, and can say some last few things. (assuming he flips town, that way it isn't full of WIFOM)

1) Ran
2) Ran
3) Ran

I need to make sure he's town so I won't tunnel the shaq out of him.
That's a catch up post. : [

Although I don't understand why you feel the need to tunnel me. May I ask why you don't like my play? (Which is scummy to you)

July

Smash Apprentice
Kk, thank you. Do you think it's wise to end the Day when Ryker and BSL haven't been fully cc'd? (Due to V/la's)?

Well I would rather see Zen carry out his offer. Kuz should be shot.

Why did you ask me that? Basically you just asked me if I wanted you to semi-clear yourself, and not Zen.
Because I saw in your post that you didn't think Zen or I could shoot. If you really thought that, you should have assumed that Zen actually wouldn't have been able to go through with it, then someone would have to shoot Zen. I expected you to say that I should shoot Zen if he couldn't shoot Gova.

Have your scum picks changed now that Zen has shot?

Now we should discuss who it is we think bsl should investigate during the night. I'd like for everyone to make a post explaining who they think should be investigated and why for these 3 scenarios:

1. Gova flips godfather
2. Gova flips goon/investigator
3. Gova flips town.
1. Luxor. I feel if Gova is was godfather, one of his scum buddies at least should have been more vocal to try and divert attention from him. Honestly...I don't even remember Luxor's stance on Gova, but I know he said it would be a shame to rush and kill an inactive in a game without deadlines. I'll look back and try to find his stance on Gova specifically before twilight ends though.

2. Kuz. Kuz is still my top suspect, and a lot of people have suggested that Kuz could be godfather, and a goon/investigator flip increase the chance that Kuz is godfather if he is scum.

3. Kuz/Swords. Once again, Kuz is the person I'm most suspicious of so having him investigated would be good. However, with Swords, if Gova flips town I'd really like to deal with that little suspicious that is nagging me with his post that inferred Gova is just misguided townie rather than scum, so having him checked out could work too.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Zen I'm not sure about the first two of those but if Gova flips town I think BSL should def. investigate Luxor who is probably who I'll be going after toMorrow if BSL does someone else.

My reasoning is that he took an easy stance in saying that Gova was scummy, and then when I called Gova town and called out one of more of the people on his wagon as likely scum, he invited my post and said he "liked" it, almost as if trying subtly to convince us he wasn't afraid of the suspicion.

Will consider the other two scenarios and update if I get the chance.

Clown, why would you want to make sure I followed up on shooting town? Makes little sense to me. You had a town read on both of us so surely your reasong isn't that you felt I couldn't shoot. Why would my mind matter? You shouldn't be agreeing to want someone you feel is town shoot another person you feel is town no matter how much they feel the other is scum.
If you didn't keep your word you would have been scum, no questions asked. I didn't want you to shoot Gova but I wasn't going to bother trying to convince you since I'd already stated my case as to why he's probably town.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ran, if there is something scummy in your post, I'll point it out and say why I think so.

You have some scummy things, but I also hate your playstyle in general. I find it very distracting, and I tunnel you probably to get you out of the way. since I'm cop this game I have the ability of proving itto myself that you are about 90% town. Lucky you.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@July: If you think Kuz is gf then why would you want him investigated >.>?

Also Swords said that? Can you quote it?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because I saw in your post that you didn't think Zen or I could shoot. If you really thought that, you should have assumed that Zen actually wouldn't have been able to go through with it, then someone would have to shoot Zen. I expected you to say that I should shoot Zen if he couldn't shoot Gova.

Have your scum picks changed now that Zen has shot?
I don't know. I am still wondering why Zen flipflopped about shooting earlier. He didn't have to say "I'm going to shoot". He could have easily had me (or someone else) shoot.

But I do have to start from base 1, and re-evaluate my reads. Zen can possibly be town now, but not all the way.

What do you think of Zen now that he shot? Did you doubt he could?

Also Clown, my 865 if you will.

Yes Ran, a 10 day deadline would be good with me.
Ok Awesome. I'll help with the deadline while I'm still alive.

[quote="BSL]Ran, if there is something scummy in your post, I'll point it out and say why I think so.

You have some scummy things, but I also hate your playstyle in general. I find it very distracting, and I tunnel you probably to get you out of the way. since I'm cop this game I have the ability of proving itto myself that you are about 90% town. Lucky you. [/quote]

Thank you.

Ok, because I just feel like you had no stances and since everyone felt I was scummy, I guessed you voted me because you just want me gone.

What about my playstyle? Also, if I post things, would you skim it mostly just because of my playstyle? I put effort into posting and I want people to at least think about what I am proposing.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Clown very well. Can you quote that Luxor post when you get the chance and your post that he was refering to.

Top Bottom