• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Room Tier List Opinions

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I hope not, because the correct word would've been "contradiction."
Yeah probably. I wasn't really thinking about the word 'contradiction' at the time and i'd just been thinking about poetry, so...

Ness is too cool for the lower tiers anyway :-P

The Star King

Smash Hero
I object to both the implication that low tiers are less cool than high tiers and the notion that Ness is cool.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I was playing Smash as Samus today, when my RA walks in and says "Who's playing Samus? That's not even fair."

And I'm like, "Yeah, I guess she's okay..."

"Samus is like Oddjob from James Bond."

So I guess laser ball = hat = unfair advantage?

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I was playing Smash as Samus today, when my RA walks in and says "Who's playing Samus? That's not even fair."

And I'm like, "Yeah, I guess she's okay..."

"Samus is like Oddjob from James Bond."

So I guess laser ball = hat = unfair advantage?
Was oddjob the short guy? I hated when people picked the little guy.. so unfair.

I think there was a monkey character like that in timesplitters, made by the same peeps who made goldeneye.

That's awesome that he thought samus was cheaply good though.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Was oddjob the short guy? I hated when people picked the little guy.. so unfair.

I think there was a monkey character like that in timesplitters, made by the same peeps who made goldeneye.

That's awesome that he thought samus was cheaply good though.
Oddjob was the short..er guy with the top hat that you could throw at people for an insta-kill. I would always pick him in Nightfire, haha!

Monkey's in TimeSplitters (fuggin' amazing game (first two are the best), and in Future Perfect, there were like nine different monkeys. Ridiculous.

I remember the days when I thought Link was overpowered because he was strong. :D

Looking back, it was nice, living in ignorance and bliss where Samus was the best character in the game. But then I had to go and ruin the game by trying to get good at it. :(

I actually used to think Falcon was the best because his Smash attack was just too good. Those long legs!

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Kirby has unlimited jumps and the rock, and most noobs just eat that **** up.

Jiggs has rest, but doesn't have an Up+B, so she sucks.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I went through Yoshi, Samus and Kirby before I got to Ness. Well, i mean that as in, a few years ago. I used to play 64 before my earliest memories, but i do have a few recollections of that time: I used to play as Ness, and was actually fairly decent at him (for a 3 year old). When i went back to 64 (a few years ago), I went through the character stages(as mentioned above) and re-discovered Ness (thus regaining some of my 3 year old memories and realizing I actually remember playing this character!).

I object to the objection of ness' coolness. ;)

I did love playing sector Z, which is why i was so disappointed with Corneria in melee and Brawl. I also loved to play Mushroomy Kingdom and Kirby's Dreamland, but tbh I played every level at least once in a while.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Kirby has unlimited jumps and the rock, and most noobs just eat that **** up.

Jiggs has rest, but doesn't have an Up+B, so she sucks.
I'm talking about people who know the advanced techs, but are still not so good.

Not referring to FFA, items on kinda guys xD

Dair-->Utilt is just too good for people learning to play seriously.

B Link

Smash Lord
I did love playing sector Z, which is why i was so disappointed with Corneria in melee and Brawl. I also loved to play Mushroomy Kingdom and Kirby's Dreamland, but tbh I played every level at least once in a while.
I know sector Z is banned but I still have fun playing on it from time to time since it's my least played map. Someone needs to play me and camp really hard so I don't like it as much.

Battlecow

Play to Win
DL is OK.

That is the one thing I envy about melee/brawl, though- if we had battlefield, Yoshi's story, DL, FoD, and FD, it would be a lot easier to get people to ban the silly stages.

It would work with just DL, but the one-stage option meets with a lot of resistance.

Battlecow

Play to Win
and then the optimal game strategy would be gimpgimpgimpgimpgimpgimpgimp since those stages are all smaller than DL (except FD)

gee, how fun
Melee DL ≠ 64 DL. The boundaries of those other stages wouldn't be smaller than current DL's boundaries.

I like FD and BF, personally, and have no problem with their inclusion, but it does create that gap between competitive and casual play.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Melee DL ≠ 64 DL. The boundaries of those other stages wouldn't be smaller than current DL's boundaries.

I like FD and BF, personally, and have no problem with their inclusion, but it does create that gap between competitive and casual play.
It sounds like a great idea, but to play them on console we'd all need gamesharks :/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, i've been nagging for other stuff from my mum recently, i think i'll wait before nagging for 64. You know, things like GC controllers and new wii-chuks and new SNES controllers and stuff like that.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
awwwwhhhh!! people from my era :):colorful: this thead gives the chills.

you know there are these cool websites where you can buy SSB64.

they're called amazon.com and ebay.com
Or u can buy it in the wii shop but people who have wiis.if u want a classic felling well by the original n64.but is so rare in ebay a guy was selling it over 200 dollars. MAN there nuts. i miss the good ole days dont u think. :p

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
50 dollars? With 50 dollars you can get yourself a console, 2 controllers, and a couple of games on Craigslist, lol.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I didnt mind metal Mario stage at all. Only played it once a while ago. I think one of the blast zones is closer than the other tho iirc, but I think that makes things interesting

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
What do you mean by this?
You're like "Oh I'm good at SSB" and scrubz are like "O RLY?" And you're like "Yeah just let me force you to play on all these stages you have no experience with now" and they're like "This is a completely different game than the one I've been playing and there's no easy way for me to play it with my friends."

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo, Falcon should be above Fox and Link above Luigi, but that's just me.

Top Bottom