• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Room Tier List Opinions

The Star King

Smash Hero
You can blame me too

I'm pretty sure when I sent the list I put Luigi above Link on accident, or I was sleep deprived or something

There is no way I actually thought Luigi is better than Link

can we change that lol :(

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah but Link is mad good on Hyrule while Luigi is kind of bad everywhere

I also think Link is better than Ness now BTW

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I'm actually pretty good at this game, but since I'm not known here you guys might not take me seriously

but I think fox is better than kirby is (even though kirby is WAY easier to use which is why i main him)

because Fox always can force the approach and 0-death off of one hit

something you guys may not know is that Fox's Fair beats all of kirby's attacks except up tilt

it always either Wins or Trades with kirby's bair (usually win in my experience) and you can link that to push him off stage a lot where he gets put in a very bad position

btw guys, do you think you could convince Alex to host Smash 64 on day 1 or 2 of Apex?

if you can, I wouldn't mind entering =) I'll show you I'm pretty good

can't do it on day 3 though, that's too important of a day =/

please post on the apex thread to make it day 1 or 2!!!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
We're not talking about the fox - kirby match up specifically, we're talking about how they each do against the rest of the cast in general.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
btw guys, do you think you could convince Alex to host Smash 64 on day 1 or 2 of Apex?

if you can, I wouldn't mind entering =) I'll show you I'm pretty good

can't do it on day 3 though, that's too important of a day =/

please post on the apex thread to make it day 1 or 2!!!
I actually just talked to Alex Strife about this. He said he's putting 64 on saturday now and the final matches on sunday for teh hype.

also
>not posting this in apex 64 thread

Mew2King

King of the Mews
awww damn

wait, for 64, does that just mean GF?

I don't think I'll beat Sensei or nintendude or someone that plays this game more/better than me, so that works fine with me, but I'll try my best!

so that works for me if that's the case!

I love the way Alex Strife is setting up this Apex! It's better than the setup of any tournament I've played before it by far!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I'm actually pretty good at this game, but since I'm not known here you guys might not take me seriously

but I think fox is better than kirby is (even though kirby is WAY easier to use which is why i main him)

because Fox always can force the approach and 0-death off of one hit

something you guys may not know is that Fox's Fair beats all of kirby's attacks except up tilt

it always either Wins or Trades with kirby's bair (usually win in my experience) and you can link that to push him off stage a lot where he gets put in a very bad position
Fox can't just 0-death every time though (although if you've been playing Sensei I can maybe understand haha), and he has no room for error when you consider how easily he gets gimped.

Most people think Fox is better on Hyrule, but Kirby is better on all other stages.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Yeah it's true I'm heavily basing this off Sensei and isai videos. But isn't the tier list supposed to represent mainly the peak of their metagame or peak of what human known potential is?

but yeah it is also true that I was considering mostly Hyrule, but I'd say Fox is better on dreamland too probably, but yeah now that you put it that way, Kirby is probably better on all the remaining stages.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Yeah it's true I'm heavily basing this off Sensei and isai videos. But isn't the tier list supposed to represent mainly the peak of their metagame or peak of what human known potential is?
Well, if you're watching a Sensei or Isai video chances are they are way better than whoever they are playing and would own with any character.

If you put Sensei's Fox against Isai's Kirby I think you'd get different results.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
No way guys, youa re completly wrong. Fox is better than kirby, even if kirby is "Noob Friendly" fox is better.

I AM ok with DK, he is pretty good, but, wtf witht he top tiers, seriously, Fox >>> Kirby.

Olikus

Smash Champion
IM not saying link isnt good on hyrule, but I feel peopel tend to forget that link has more flaws than his ****ty recovery. Ofc more room makes it more projectile friendly but its much easier to avoid his projectiles than say fox and marios. So he isnt THAT amasing on hyrule. He allso is garbage on the other stages so all in all, his not very good.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I find Link's projectiles harder to dodge than Mario's. I also find easier to touch my opponent with Link's projectiles than Mario's.

:phone:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Also, Luigi>Link. Link can barely get back to the satge and his combos are bad. Luigi have easy 0 to death combos and a great revoery (Even if his approach is bad is overal better than Link)

And GOD FOX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KIRBY

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I feel like we should ban Kirby after Apex. What do you guys think?
I hope you're joking. Kirby doesn't dominate online and offline smash 64 tourneys like metaknight did, prime example is how MATTS! has never won an online tournament. Kirby isn't even that hard to beat really. if u ban him u might as well ban pikachu, so no.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I find Link's projectiles harder to dodge than Mario's. I also find easier to touch my opponent with Link's projectiles than Mario's.

:phone:
Many caracther has several good options to avoid the bommerang without jumping away or shield. combine that with link slowness and you can pressure him and do big damage before he gets up the bomb show.

Maybe I havent played good marios enough but on hyrule his balls can be hard to stop if he spamming them while he jumps towards an arial on you. he can allso shot them so fast after each other that it makes a great pressure unlike link who have to wait for a boomerang cooldown or a hit.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
That is, if you ever get Link out of the stage while trying to get through his projectile spam game, which is why Link on Hyrule is really strong against Luigi and probably has an even matchup on Dreamland and the other stages.
You sayd it. On Hyrule. He is factible on onl1 stage.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I hope you're joking. Kirby doesn't dominate online and offline smash 64 tourneys like metaknight did, prime example is how MATTS! has never won an online tournament. Kirby isn't even that hard to beat really. if u ban him u might as well ban pikachu, so no.
No, I was totally serious. We should definitely ban the second-best character in the game Fter Apex because M2K plays him.

:glare:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
felipe, you're making everyone confused, especially Battlecow.

A single dominant player using him well is definitely not the reason MK is being banned.

Not even gonna comment on your objections to the tier list until you back them up properly.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
lol asian o-o i am alughting with battlecow because m2k posted something pretty funny on the "Armada - The beast is unleashed" topic.

He sayd something like this (i am on a wii, i cant quote):

"The last time i used the Usa tag they rooted me the rest of the set, then they banned me from mlg, then from unity, then they banned the tactics i invented/use (Scrooging/Planking) and then they banned my character"

thats why the "After apex kirby must be baned because M2k main him" Joke xDDD

Also Fox>Kirby. Fox haves a sick combo potential, a fastfaller, amazing Aerial and ground game. A good Defensive and Offensive game. and the best projectile of the game.

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
Also Kirby>Fox. Kirby haves a sicker combo potential, a slowfaller, bestest Aerial and ground game. A better Defensive(utilt) and Offensive (utilt) game. and can powersteal the best projectiles of the game.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Also Kirby>Fox. 1-Kirby haves a sicker combo potential, 2-a slowfaller, 3-bestest Aerial and ground game. 4- A better Defensive(utilt) and 5-Offensive (utilt) game. 6-and can powersteal the best projectiles of the game.
1- False. Fox haves assured 0 to Death combos, even with DI.
2- And??? He haves a worst approach than fox.
3- Half True. Half False. Kirby aerial game is better because he haves 5 JUmps, but only that. FOx still haves better aerial options than Kirby
4- One word. Lasers
5- Yep
6- Wut??? Durp Hurp Fox then is better because he can reflect them Duuuurp. Thats is not an argument.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
They are actually banning metaknight in brawl? This is news to me. Sounds dumb but wutever. Its funny that in the banning metaknight thread they say "the ban will be optional until after apex" as if TO's don't have any choice in the matter lol. Maybe brawl is super organized and ****, i dunno.

Also Kirby > fox. Kirby has one bad matchup in pikachu. Fox has bad matchups vs pika, kirby, and even falcon on some stages. Fox is kinda the sheik of 64, he ***** a lot of low tier characters like samus, link, and puff, but in direct matchups with the high tiers like pika, kirby, and falcon, he just isn't the best. I think 3rd is right where fox belongs.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Yeah it laughts. (Lulz Crouch you are ****ed now xD) but he cant approach if fox is doing that.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Kirby can still approach, all he needs to do is move forward in between "waves" of Fox's Lasers, also the first shot during SHDL will never hit Kirby on the ground and if the second shot isn't lower enough he can just run through and punish Fox, C.Falcon can do this as well.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
felipe, you're making everyone confused, especially Battlecow.

A single dominant player using him well is definitely not the reason MK is being banned.

Not even gonna comment on your objections to the tier list until you back them up properly.
in terms of what they will make public no, but in terms of what is REALLY going on... it's a LOT more than you think

but I don't wanna talk about that here

I guess I'll take your guys words that Kirby > Fox then. Anyone wanna give me random kirby tips and matchup tips? I barely know the game that well (don't fight good players often) but I know a lot of good things and I ***** the Canada tournament 2 months ago for 64 so I could probably pick things up fast if I just knew more.

There is probably random knowledge that I don't know

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i don't have any stake in the mk debate aside from occasionally reading a ******** thread about it where shaya yells at the uninformed masses, or something like that

random kirby facts/opinions:

a crouching kirby is an extremely hard-to-approach kirby
kirby rock is a good edgeguard tool, especially on the left of hyrule
kirby f-tilt is his fastest tilt and isn't a bad move

The Star King

Smash Hero
Not if they can be replaced with something better most of the time

Plus, I think we all know ftilt isn't faster than a certain other Kirby tilt... (unless you meant comes out faster?)

I don't really know what random
tips would be useful so I don't feel like bothering :3

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it gets a hitbox out faster, so it IS true

with kirby you should just be as standard as possible, it's arguably the best way to play him

BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS BRING BACK QUICK-EDITS

The Star King

Smash Hero
OK, if you just say that a move is faster, it seems like you're saying the entire of the duration of the move is faster, or at least to me. I would say a move has less start-up/ending lag, or that it comes out/ends faster.

Top Bottom