• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Room Tier List Opinions

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Luigi blows. Ness blows harder. I love Ness, and I love Earthbound even more, but Sakurai screwed him over.
Considering that every other noob that comes in here thinks Ness is the greatest, I really don't think you can say Sakurai screwed him over.

Kirby, on the other hand, is obviously overpowered.

M!nt

Smash Champion
why does everyone piss on ness all the time? he's easily top tier. his only knock is lack of recovery but he's the **** everywhere else.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I always hate these discussions.

Luigi is a bad character for a ****load of reasons, and the only way to really understand them is to play against good people. I guarantee you that after stepping up your level of play, you'll realize that, oh wait, luigi is actually a **** character.

inb4 I'm really good because I can beat my little brother and all of my friends.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Poor Luigi...

At least he is a little better in Brawl...

prisonchild

Smash Ace

Luigi is a bad character for a ****load of reasons, and the only way to really understand them is to play against good people. I guarantee you that after stepping up your level of play, you'll realize that, oh wait, luigi is actually a **** character.

inb4 I'm really good because I can beat my little brother and all of my friends.
the only to way to understand is to play a good luigi...

dandan

Smash Lord

i feel a money match coming ;)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
There are definitely good luigi's out there. The only thing is that players who have good luigi's usually have better pika's, kirby's, fox's, falcon's, mario's, yoshi's, dk's, puff's, and sometimes ness/link and even samus. At the highest level the game really boils down to who can penetrate the others defenses (or who can wait long enough for the other to fail lol), and luigi gets ****ed in that area. I don't really understand what you mean when you say you use luigi's slowness to your advantage. Elaborate?

Also, I feel safe in saying Bcow has played some of the best luigi's in NA, but he's also played some of the best top tier characters and would much prefer to play against a good luigi than a good pika/kirby/fox/falcon, as would pretty much everyone.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
There are definitely good luigi's out there. The only thing is that players who have good luigi's usually have better pika's, kirby's, fox's, falcon's, mario's, yoshi's, dk's, puff's, and sometimes ness/link and even samus. At the highest level the game really boils down to who can penetrate the others defenses (or who can wait long enough for the other to fail lol), and luigi gets ****ed in that area. I don't really understand what you mean when you say you use luigi's slowness to your advantage. Elaborate?

Also, I feel safe in saying Bcow has played some of the best luigi's in NA, but he's also played some of the best top tier characters and would much prefer to play against a good luigi than a good pika/kirby/fox/falcon, as would pretty much everyone.
you'll have to forgive me, i have an affinity towards the lower tier characters.

except for fox, i find fox really fun to play with.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Jigglypuff has really bad MUs on this stage lol.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
That's because she gets mauled off the sides and top so damn easily. I remember messing around with my friends on Yoshi's and getting so frustrated at dying to a DK Bthrow at <20% on the left cloud...

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I suspected that ...

Jiggly is the character who has the lower weight on the game ...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
low weight does not automatically mean bad matchups

and jiggs' matchups don't look great, but she has comparatively decent ones vs high tiers and a lot of bad ones vs low tiers, which is...interesting, to say the least

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah Jigglypuff is mediocre vs everyone lol. Ness might be her only advantage. But I think that's better than getting absolutely destroyed by top tiers

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yeah Jigglypuff is mediocre vs everyone lol. Ness might be her only advantage. But I think that's better than getting absolutely destroyed by top tiers
I'm beginning to think that I made a bad choice maining Ness.
:joey:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Well, Ness has a lot of unlocked potential

He's probably not better than his tier placing implies, people just don't know it yet

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Well, Ness has a lot of unlocked potential

He's probably not better than his tier placing implies, people just don't know it yet
what is this post

i initially read "not" as "a lot" and the whole post made tons of sense in that it was a fancy way of saying "ness is good if you know how to use him" (which is obviously true) and i was about to (Y) you

Battlecow

Play to Win
You guys are SLOW

it's a clever post. He's saying Ness is bad, which is obviously true, but in such a way that he APPEARS to be defending the character at first blush.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Then the "unlocked potential" doesn't make sense then

Unlocked potential for being exactly where he is on the tier list doesn't make sense

UR SLOW

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Ness' recovery is proably the main reason he's bad.

I remember that there used to be a rule about not being able to CP Ness on Saffron because the stage was so unfair for him lol.

Banning a stage to make a character viable, that's how bad is Ness. (Of course that was before the "helipad camping" issue)

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729

Unlocked potential for being exactly where he is on the tier list doesn't make sense

UR SLOW
Locked potential -> Potential to be had; unopened
Unlocked potential -> potential already had, etc

obv :rolleyes:

Battlecow

Play to Win

UR SLOW
Unlocked potential as in potential that has already been unlocked. The same potential that allows him to be low tier but not rock bottom. It makes perfect sense, O Sultan of Sluggishness.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
Unlocked potential as in potential that has already been unlocked. The same potential that allows him to be low tier but not rock bottom. It makes perfect sense, O Sultan of Sluggishness.
saying that someone has 'a lot of unlocked potential' is a very obscure way of saying that they have little remaining potential.

'he's probably not better than his tier placing implies' = he's probably worse/the same. 'people just don't know it yet' makes the least sense of the post, since little remaining potential means that people should, in fact, know it already.

unlocked is usually a synonym for untapped but i guess if used literally it would mean revealed. bleh what a mess of a post.

/buzzkill

Battlecow

Play to Win
saying that someone has 'a lot of unlocked potential' is a very obscure way of saying that they have little remaining potential.

'he's probably not better than his tier placing implies' = he's probably worse/the same. 'people just don't know it yet' makes the least sense of the post, since little remaining potential means that people should, in fact, know it already.

unlocked is usually a synonym for untapped but i guess if used literally it would mean revealed. bleh what a mess of a post.

/buzzkill
... Where did you get the impression that I was confused about the meaning of the post?

The "people just don't know it yet" means that most people assume ness is good--something smashboards posters really should know by now, considering the number of posts we get saying exactly that. Unlocked is never a synonym for untapped, it means (in this instance) potential that has already been realized.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
>Makes joke
>Massive butt-frustration and semantics argument

okay smashboards

Top Bottom