• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Room Tier List Opinions

kys

Smash Ace
...thank god this isn't true.
OBVIOUSLY it's subjective. I've been a part of only two other communities (halo, and some mario hacking). The troll count is way higher in both. Just from reading posts and seeing personalities, I would hang out with nearly everyone here. I've never got that impression before.

The smallness has a lot to do with it, but I like it that way.

Olikus

Smash Champion
For me, if you enjoys smash 64 you automatically get somewhat cool. I enjoyed all smashers I met live, and its very various people form very different parts of the globe.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
...thank god this isn't true.
Well...
I think the members of smashboards are,in a large scale,really good people who helps us with a lot of things about all the smash games,and they are friendly too.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
prisonchild, all you've done in the last three posts is poorly attempt to insult me. I'm down for that; I'm more than happy to just respond in kind. If you want to do the arguing about stuff thing again, though, you have to bring up a new point or something 'cause I already won that part.
you were the first to go off-topic, leaving your argument unfinished. nobody really took your argument seriously to begin with and you didn't change any minds. how exactly did you win?

i think i'm done with the topic tbh, arguing semantics with a troll isn't a healthy practice.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Exactly the reason why I try to never participate in arguments. Now if I wanted to be trolling by misinterpreting posts, I could say I's surprised ballin doesn't read posts written by non-native engliah speakers.

my post is dumb, because:
- if it's true, then ballin won't read this post and this post is useless
- if it's not true and he reads this post, no need to troll him with it since it's not true.
Couldn't be less clear.

:phone:
just to be clear, I said I didn't read it thoroughly because it was about ness and appeared to be poorly written. I didn't say I skip over all posts by non-native English speakers (which I don't, obviously). Also your posts are well written enough that I would assume you were a native speaker if I did not have any other information.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
@prisonchild: You can express your opinion as you want,but you need to be a little less agressive on your posts...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
OBVIOUSLY it's subjective. I've been a part of only two other communities (halo, and some mario hacking). The troll count is way higher in both. Just from reading posts and seeing personalities, I would hang out with nearly everyone here. I've never got that impression before.

The smallness has a lot to do with it, but I like it that way.
definitely. i used to be part of a forum for competitive call of duty players, and jesus christ if there wasn't a massive flame war going on at any given point in time there was something wrong. you literally could not voice any opinion on anything without some ****** aggressively telling you that you're an idiot. the smash community in general seems to be a lot nicer about everything, especially the 64 community being such a tight-nit bunch. just as you say, i'd be happy to hang out with any member of the 64 community which i think is pretty rare for a forum.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
^wut? I thought we were cool, semp. Hmph. I might be mixing you up with someone else.
don't mind me, i just like to instigate

you guys are all really cool, and i'm super glad the only thing we argue about is high-level semantics or other such topics requiring a monocle and tophat to be worn

The Star King

Smash Hero
True. You can be forgiven for making the mistake.
Praise the lord! Hallelujah!

But your initial argument was that there was actually something wrong with the post, when in fact the post was fine but you misunderstood it in its trickitude.
Yeah, because I misunderstood. Thanks for telling me what I know? Your obnoxiousness was still unnecessary.

Y'all are still in denial about pointless, silly internet arguments. You do it just as much as I do; the difference is that I enjoy myself.
Maybe we do it as much - I personally never denied that. But I think enjoying unproductive arguments is a bad thing.

Sangoku

Smash Master
just to be clear, I said I didn't read it thoroughly because it was about ness and appeared to be poorly written. I didn't say I skip over all posts by non-native English speakers (which I don't, obviously). Also your posts are well written enough that I would assume you were a native speaker if I did not have any other information.
Don't worry, I got what you meant :). I said "if I wanted to troll by misinterpreting posts" lol.

Also, I agree with Star King, it's bad to enjoy these stupid arguments. I'll go even further and say it's bad to take part of them.

And ciaza: you're really an idiot... You're opinion about the smash community just proves how uneducated and dumb you are.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^the troll-fu is strong with this one...

also, yea the smash community is way cooler than other gaming communities in every sense of the word. True Story.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I saw avengers just now. hulk is my new hero. Im gonna go all taylor swift on him. (inside smash64jokeTANKhipster)

this isnt the social thread...

Edit: jesus christ I even did not dobbel postet. what a day huh?

The Star King

Smash Hero
^lol. Olikus reminds me of Koro in some ways

lol wut? Where'd that come from?
It was a joke because ciaza said in most other gaming communities you can't voice any opinion without someone aggressively calling you an idiot

Battlecow

Play to Win
What now we all love each other or something? *Grumble grumble*

I would hang out with like 95% of smash 64 posters really gladly. Hopefully me and OLIKUS get to bro out sometime soon.

Olikus

Smash Champion
bring your NTSC console and your sunblock. Cus ywere going to hell! My dad sold the couch, so im looking for some replacement atm. Or we can sit on the floor like a rolling stone.

The Star King

Smash Hero
What now we all love each other or something? *Grumble grumble*

I would hang out with like 95% of smash 64 posters really gladly. Hopefully me and OLIKUS get to bro out sometime soon.
Who's in the other 5%? :troll:

If I'm there I'll cry myself to sleep

Battlecow

Play to Win
Nah not you, I feel like you'd be the most entertaining company ever.

Hammerheart just because I like my butt the way it is

Nova because argh that guy

Acolyte was an annoying prick

none of them are really around anymore so I guess I love EVERYONE

The Star King

Smash Hero
I like Fish641.

Just throwing that out there. Good posts.

And meh, how entertaining I am relies heavily on my mood. IRL I flipflop between pretty quiet and introverted to kind of silly and laughing/joking about everything and talking too much. It's weird. The two are really different.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I always get him mixed up with sempiternity. They need AVATARS so I can DIFFERENTIATE.

I feel like I'd bring out your gregarious side. We'd commit felonies and land *****es together. The Adventures of Astral Bovine would be a great movie.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Inmy opinion i think the tier of a character depends on the player
agreed. like in Brawl my three mains are Marth, Bowser, and Shiek. Marth is fairly high tier but Bowser and Shiek are considered low and mid tier. i just prefer the way those two handle more than other characters. and in the example of Meta Knight, i am terrible with him. i can see why he'd be good but i can't do it for the life of me. he's far to floaty for my taste and im not a fan of his specials. i got friends who r good with him but im not and thats just all personal preference i think since we are all like casual smashers as opposed to competitive ones.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Thank you for your never-before-heard insight. The Backroom will take your revolutionary idea of "player skill" into consideration.

M!nt

Smash Champion
What a horrible bump, more than usual, you should feel bad.

Dyscharge

Smash Rookie
Based on my personal experiences...
1. Link
2. Falcon
3. Fox
4. Jigglypuff
5. Mario
6. Ness
7. DK
8. Pikachu
9. Samus
10. Yoshi
11. Kirby
12. Luigi

M!nt

Smash Champion
let me guess your "personal experiences" is two other guys you play on weekends before pictionary.

Top Bottom