• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Sticking is too good + Jiggz Tech

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Bsticking. Is. Amazing.

-You can just flick up on the cstick to get sing out with perfect timing and preventing jumping again, semi useful
-Flicking down get's a quick rest that you won't accidentally fastfall and miss
-Things like Drillrest can be easier with this, not that it matters for people who can drillrest
-DI'ing into an attack then resting is too easy. you can just keep SDI'ing into the move then rest, which is easy because you can keep the DI in one direction

I'm having trouble recreating the tech I found, but it's useful. It's a pound and a half pound.

When you're moving forward in the air, then hit the bstick in the opposite direction you are facing, you move a hair back then pound. Not only do you go just a teeeeny bit further, but you can rise the first turn around. So you can get a bit higher, then rise your pound. You can zigzag somewhat, and DI down during the turn around, then rise. It's great for mindgames, and opens up more options for pound.

I'm having trouble recreating this and doing it perfectly, but it's useful. Really useful. The only problem with bsticking is you can't DACUS. :( If anyone can get videos that would be great. My camera is dead.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you run out of jumps you can use this to recover. You can stall with this to hell. And back. A loopdeeloop too.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Heh, just yesterday I was messing around with this as well. I have a nasty habit of recovering with Rising Pounds and accidentally use Sing in the process. B-sticking stopped me from having that problem. With that said, I'll stick to A-Sticking. B-sticking definitely has a good use, but I prefer forward moving B-airs >.>

On a side note, that pound information is interesting.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
The B stick has a huge problem, it overrides the A stick, the source of all SDI and DACUS.

besides, real B moves are manlier, and train you to use precision with your control stick. (rising pound)

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
The B stick has a huge problem, it overrides the A stick, the source of all SDI and DACUS.

besides, real B moves are manlier, and train you to use precision with your control stick. (rising pound)
...Did you read my thread? Bsticking opens up an infinite recovery. You can zigzag your pounds, pull off wavebounced pounds, you can use sing without accidentally jumping, you can rest with whatever DI you want. Bsticking with Jigglypuff is amazing.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
...Did you read my thread? Bsticking opens up an infinite recovery. You can zigzag your pounds, pull off wavebounced pounds, you can use sing without accidentally jumping, you can rest with whatever DI you want. Bsticking with Jigglypuff is amazing.
as it would turn out I actually did not read your thread.:laugh:
I'm sorry, as soon as I saw "B sticking" I decided you had forgotton about SDI and DACUS

one thing I don't understand still is how this helps yor DI, please explain further.

K thanks, and sorry that I didn't give your thread a chance. Me>:(

Veril

Frame Savant
The tech you are referring to is a wavebounced rising pound.

I use b-sticking as lucas and don't recommend it for Jiggs simply because of the loss of aerial control over the b-air.

I experimented with this a lot because of the fast and easy rest. In the end, the loss of SDI makes it more difficult to pull off.

Also, a diagonal tap of the b-stick will cause you to rollout uncharged. Bad s***.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord

I use b-sticking as lucas and don't recommend it for Jiggs simply because of the loss of aerial control over the b-air.

I experimented with this a lot because of the fast and easy rest. In the end, the loss of SDI makes it more difficult to pull off.

Also, a diagonal tap of the b-stick will cause you to rollout uncharged. Bad s***.
The diagonal tap is no problem. It takes getting used to I guess. Is Control stick + cstick really that important for bair? I can space it fine without it, and none of Jiggly's smashes are that useful. Could you take a video of the wavebounced rising pound? I haven't heard of it before. If that's what I'm taking about then that would be great.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord

Que in my old aireal sticking thread. Keep C-tick on for jiggs, because he has greater aireal manuverability and your c-tick can also easily buffer to a sing or rest.

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
Can you SDI with b-stick or no?

Even if you could, I don't think I'd have it on. I don't memorize hitlag times (I really hope no one does tbh for the sake of their social lives), and I wouldn't want to rest/uncharged rollout while trying to DI.

Even then, I rely way too much on using the a-stick for other moves that it would be too big of a change for me.

Also,

DACUS

=

Veril

Frame Savant
Some points:

you can wavebounce pound without the c-stick. Its just somewhat less effective and harder to do.

You can't SDI with b-sticking.

B-stick doesn't override the a-stick. If that was true wavebouncing wouldn't be possible.

B-sticking lets you autorar, which is awesome.

Glick

Smash Lord
Sing without accidentally jumping...?

If you do that a lot turn off tap jump. and if you like tap jump just pretend your doing a tilt...

its basic smash, really.

Veril

Frame Savant
tap jump is only good for meteor canceling.

B-sticking with Jiggs isn't worth it. And I b-stick with another character so I know all about it.

If you do use a b-sticking Jiggs though. Props.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Sing without accidentally jumping...?

If you do that a lot turn off tap jump. and if you like tap jump just pretend your doing a tilt...

its basic smash, really.
I always over react and just smash it. It's my fault really. Lol.

EDIT: If anyone wants to play me over Wifi and see how I play Jiggz with bsticking I'll be glad to show you.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good, son, I'm always looking for matches.

But I'm really not very good.....
oh well, I try.

Veril

Frame Savant
I've got footage of me b-sticking wavebounced pound and doing without b-sticking. The difference is very slight. The reason: I'm good at it.

The only thing you can't do is wavebounce rollout.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I need to study up on Wavebounce, it sounds good and thought provoking, two important things.

Glick

Smash Lord
Its because it makes pound shorter. if you don't like how easy it is to get punished. However it takes longer and in my opinion does more harm then good.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I love the b-stick more than anyone I'm met...

...and I turn it off (use a different tag) when I play Jiggs.

Jiggs has almost nothing to gain and a lot to lose with a special stick.

Top Bottom