• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Sept. 23rd, 2012

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Doubles (click for bracket)

1: Aki Sora (Big D + Jason) ($40) :wario: + :rob:
2: This Is Why (Breez + Firefly) ($20) :metaknight: + :yoshi2:
3: Ako Sira (Captain L + GrapE) :pikachu2: + :zelda: :marth:
4: Dayvig Gambit (T-Block + Kantrip) :diddy: + :diddy:
5: Team Oats (Ashat + Leah) :toonlink: + :marth:
5: Hijanks (Cabo + Traffic) :metaknight: + :metaknight:

Singles Pools

Pool 1

Pool 2

Singles Bracket (click for bracket)

1: Big D ($75.00) :popo:
2: Captain L ($37.50) :pikachu2: :metaknight: :pit: :popo:
3: -H- ($12.50) :wolf:
4: Breez :metaknight:
5: Firefly :metaknight:
5: T-block :diddy: :pt:
7: Jason :metaknight: :snake: :diddy:
7: Fakku :metaknight: :marth:
9: GrapE :zelda: :toonlink:
9: Deap :olimar:
9: Kantrip :diddy:
9: Traffic :metaknight:
13: Cabo :metaknight:

GGs

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Probably wouldn't have made much of a difference, although after my pools set with Ben I really didn't want to face him, but oh well, it didn't really benefit him.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Shoutout to Caiden for not being a tier *****<3

Sigh at all those MKs/high tiers. Needs some Peach next time. :peach:<3

:phone:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Wow, that's actually a pretty big difference.

Our pool was dumb.

Btw top 3 weren't even MKs, Landon went MK only once vs me, the rest was all Pikachu.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I went MK for a whole set in pools, and game one against Jason in bracket.

Even if we only count bracket, I was :metaknight: :pikachu2: :pikachu2: :popo: :pikachu2: :pikachu2: :pikachu2: :pikachu2: :pikachu2: :pikachu2: :metaknight: :pikachu2: :metaknight: :pit: :pikachu2:

probably take pit off if anything

or honestly if you think that results like that should be pika only then make it pika only

breez

Smash Ace
GG's everyone. I don't believe I 2-0'd deap. I thought it was 2-1 for one of us, but I couldn't really remember - so I shouted to him and asked if he beat me, and he said yes.

In pools I put so much focus/effort into the match with big D that I couldn't bring myself to do anything more in pools. In my mind there wasn't any point in wasting the energy. After quite a long break/personal stagnation, I really had something to prove to myself - so the seeded pools didn't matter to me.

If I didn't have the capability to go through everyone, then I wouldn't have proved anything to myself!

Great games everyone. I'm coming for you Mr. D ;)

| Big D |

Smash Master
you told me yourself you 2-0'd Deap >.>

Yo you guys should just forget about me and go after Landon or something.

Heard so much ICs BS on the stream lmao, my favorite so far has to be "It is to my understanding that Ice Climbers counter Meta Knight"

Edit: It's XIV

breez

Smash Ace
you told me yourself you 2-0'd Deap >.>

Yo you guys should just forget about me and go after Landon or something.

Heard so much ICs BS on the stream lmao, my favorite so far has to be "It is to my understanding that Ice Climbers counter Meta Knight"

Edit: It's XIV
You sure about that? I honestly didn't remember. Jake called me over and I think the sheet said 2-0 for me. And I thought deap won or something, so I asked deap, and he said yes. I remembered specifically winning on smashville, so I presumed the set was 2-1.

edit: uscurd :D

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
To be honest, I found the stream at times to be very disrespectful (watched it well after the tournament ended).

2: Captain L ($37.50) :pikachu2: :metaknight: :pit:
4: Breez :metaknight:
5: Firefly :metaknight:
7: Jason :metaknight: :snake: :diddy:
7: Fakku :metaknight:
9: Traffic :metaknight:
13: Cabo :metaknight:
7 of 13. I'm going to take a guess and say MK will not be banned anytime soon... :urg:

Also, the bracket was really stacked. Dawson, Landon, and Ben all on the same side of the bracket.

I edited this right after I made the post, but forgot to submit it. Oh well.

Captain L

Smash Champion
welp still 0 of the top 3 used him in any way that actually made an impact, barring of course the possibility that I could've lost to Jason if I hadn't used mk game 1

I'm gonna watch the post tournament stream footage just to see what was said, then I'll get back to you.

Also dawson you've literally not dropped a set to anyone from BC in more than half a year. The target on your back grows with each tournament you win, it's to be expected.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Just wait until I face Dawson in pools again. Start praciticing that start-of-game-pause timing :troll:

But seriously, I think I am the only person in BC who has any idea of how to play against IC's (maybe Ben, didn't see his set vs Dawson). Just wait for me to show up one time, and I'll show you all how it's done.

ROCK! ROCK! ROCK!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
To be honest, I found the stream at times to be very disrespectful (watched it well after the tournament ended).

7 of 13. I'm going to take a guess and say MK will not be banned anytime soon... :urg:

Also, the bracket was really stacked. Dawson, Landon, and Ben all on the same side of the bracket.

I edited this right after I made the post, but forgot to submit it. Oh well.
I agree completely with the first part.

We have so many MKs...and none of them can even place. :awesome:

Blame Dawson's pool for the janked up bracket. =/

Firefly dropped Yoshi for MK?!

:phone:
Yeah, playing Yoshi in singles here where everybody knows the MU is frustrating and not fun. I'm going full MK in singles for a while; still using Yoshi in doubles though.

brb fixing characters.

Also, if anybody has an extra platinum GC controller that isn't theirs, it's probably mine. If you could get it back to me, that would be great...because it was my only controller. =/

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
We have so many MKs...and none of them can even place. :awesome:
I was being somewhat sarcastic. MK has been legal for a while, and even before this tournament, it didn't look like he'd be banned anytime soon

Blame Dawson's pool for the janked up bracket. =/
Yeah, Blue Yoshi must have been in his pool.

Wait a minute... There is a completely flawed pool completely messing up the entire singles bracket, and I am not the one responsible?

| Big D |

Smash Master
1: Big D ($75.00) :popo: I guess I'm whatever BC needs me to be for another month.
2: Captain L ($37.50) :pikachu2: :metaknight: :pit: :popo: You've definitely improved on the ICs mu, stick to Pikachu, your MK is balls. Wish we could've played more this time, but oh wel next time. BTW I powered through your bracket manipulation so get at me.
3: -H- ($12.50) :wolf: My man, good stuff beating Jake. Really surprised everyone, you had some really nice shorthop mixups in the games I saw and the dthrow walk up grab was sexy. Please keep coming, and don't get so nervous. Definitely a threat.
4: Breez :metaknight: Had some fun sets with you. had me scurred in pools but then I warmed up and went SSJ. Not sure I buy your explanation of why you hate Sonic, but just know my Sonic is legit and if I go Sonic it's because I want to play Sonic and not just troll. Still you're a really fun guy and start showing up more. That was the jankiest controller I've ever seen.
5: Firefly :metaknight: Your MK was looking really nice that day, I've never seen it so fluid. The transition is going to take some time, but it was really solid. Good stuff beating Landon in pools. Sucks about your trips :( Don't let it discourage you, you had people scared (not me obvs) If you went Yoshi maybe.
5: T-block :diddy: :pt: Thanks for warming up my ICs, it had a huge difference in tourney. I saw your set with Ben and that Diddy was looking mad cute, idk why you didn't ban delfino. Good stuff coming back tho and taking 5th.
7: Jason :metaknight: :snake: :diddy: My man, we did it. Aki Sora for life. We had some real chemistry, I didn't think we would do nearly as well as we did, and I got scurred when we lost game 1. Your bracket sucked but I think you're a really legit player.
7: Fakku :metaknight: :marth: Good stuff beating Deap, I noticed you laughed as soon as I said our team name, really suspicious. Just from your tag I knew you were Jason's friend. Keep coming out.
9: GrapE :zelda: :toonlink: Good stuff coming out, I realize it's quite the commute. That Zelda Pikachu team was looking realy hype there for a second, too Ben and Jake to game 5. Prob should've went FD over CS though. Btw, my roster is the best by far, come at me bro.
9: Deap :olimar: That MK was looking mad cute with those grabs. Good stuff in pools, it was definitely a hard pool. Keep coming out. By the way, between you and me, everyone else but me plays gay because they camp me while I approach. True story. Just watch 1337snipes vs landon and you will understand.
9: Kantrip :diddy: Yo that Diddy just gets better and better. Legit had me worried in pools, just can't get so nervous. You definitely should've beaten my Peach but my upair x2 on shield to knock you off the platform into fsmash was legit. You've really gotten legit though, had some really nice mixups and nana control, the only thing is you get nervous and it shows.
9: Traffic :metaknight: Ben has trained you well. You're a really chill dude, keep coming out please. I listened to some of your commentary and EVEN THOUGH EVERYTHING YOU SAID ABOUT ICE CLIMBERS IS COMPLETE BS it was still entertaining to listen to, with an interesting input. Enjoyed our friendlies, if I were to offer any tips it's to walk and grab more.
13: Cabo :metaknight: Impressive MK, I honestly thought of Ben's friends would be pushovers but you guys definitely came to play. Don't let the placing discourage you, everyone at the venue was good that day and the scrubs left early. The only thing separating you from 9th place is the fact that all of 9th got a bye in losers. Definitely keep coming out.

101: Daze :dedede: thanks for streaming this it is appreciated. It would be really legit if you kept streaming.

Various melee players :dedede: Your commentary was interesting but for next time try and keep in mind that our audience is brawl. I understand that no harm is intended and can be funny at times but for next time try and tone it down.

Also shout outs to noobking for being the only one wanting me to win.

:troll:

Tyler has put 80 ingame hours into brawl since picking it up around 2 weeks ago. He's better than everyone else in town who have played for years.

I'm playing the best i've ever played right now.

Pre-tournament betting time - i'll put up 1:1 odds that I win the tournement. Max $50 per person.
loljake

$100 total at 2:1 odds that jake and I win doubles

1:1 odds that we don't drop a match

hype noobs

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Alright, shoutouts!

1: Big D ($75.00) :popo: - Gg's Dawson. Yeah I'm definitely afraid of playing IC's and I think it showed. Looking back I know I have a lot of work to do in that matchup. But good stuff regardless. Your IC's are getting more and more impressive each time I see/play them. BC's best for sure at this moment in time from the way I see it. I hope to play you again and not get owned in the process.
2: Captain L ($37.50) :pikachu2: :metaknight: :pit: :popo: - Gaah Pikachu! Lol gg's and I honestly have no problem with the cg - it's just how the matchup ought to be played and I'd be mad if I had anything less. Further, I'm rather optimistic about this matchup as I feel there's a lot of exploration needed to be done. I know I can figure Pikachu out, cg or not. I have to say I loved a lot of the mixups/combos you had on me as well as that 'Agility Lock' or w/e it's called(unaware of the general term that's been coined by the Smash community for it). Very nice Pikachu but I got you next time!
3: -H- ($12.50) :wolf: - One day.
4: Breez :metaknight: - Yo, sorry for declining your offer to play but I really had to leave. I'll make it a priority to play you next time be it in bracket or otherwise. Lastly, good stuff beating Jake.
5: Firefly :metaknight: - Gg's Jake! Epic set. Although I really I wish I could see that Yoshi xD We'll definitely have more encounters next time.
5: T-block :diddy: :pt: - Gg's and great PT. I thoroughly enjoyed our friendlies as well.
7: Jason :metaknight: :snake: :diddy: Yo, nice to see you again. Did you drop ROB or something? It was good in that annoying, plankish sort of way 0_o
7: Fakku :metaknight: :marth: - Really cool guy, and great talking to you. Fun matches as well.
9: GrapE :zelda: :toonlink: - Our set was pure lolz. Random ftw.
9: Deap :olimar: - Don't think we met.
9: Kantrip :diddy: - Perhaps we'll meet in tourney next time around :)
9: Traffic :metaknight: - Gg's. Really cool dude and I hope you keep on coming to these. I know you'll get better as time progresses.
13: Cabo :metaknight: - Gg's. I hope to see you again :)

Other random shoutouts to those I didn't see:

Sinister: The swagtastic, flashy Wolf of Canada - wish you were there. I was hoping for some epic Wolf dittos :/
Blue Yoshi: This might sound funny but I still want a salty runback from our set in pools back at P7 xD Was hoping to see you but ah well.
Aleate: Shame we never had the chance to meet/play this time around. Wish you stayed around. Your Peach had lots of potential last I remember.
Asadelta: Hope to see you visiting BC again in the near future ;) You add a lot of hype here judging by my own observations.

Jason!

Smash Lord
I didn't play Mk and I only went Diddy in pools. Shoutouts to Grape and Kantrip :troll:

And my boii H, hope to see you again sometime. I hope you get to play our regular blastzone soon.

It's funny cause Brandon is the blastzone. I got jokez.

Also shoutouts to the melee people (: The temperate warm Yakal, super friendly noobking, and dat asian guy.

T-block

B2B TST
yeah ggs H - i really enjoyed our matches too

you totally caught me off guard in pools... i was defs a little shaken up after the first game. hopefully the friendlies afterwards showed that i was better than what i gave in pools >_< not to discredit your win at all or anything - legit wolf for sure.

any time, dawson. i've always been okay with diddy on delfino. i chose to ban frigate orpheon because recovery has always been a personal weakness as diddy, and i think that's a bigger issue on frigate than on delfino. in fact, on delfino transitions, recovery is a non-issue, and none of them are really super strong for MK. the only real significant advantage MK gains is the ability to shark, and diddy handles that better than most characters, since if MK is sharking diddy can pull out a banana and shield, and then MK actually has to put some thought into how he's sharking omg

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
9: Traffic :metaknight: Ben has trained you well. You're a really chill dude, keep coming out please. I listened to some of your commentary and EVEN THOUGH EVERYTHING YOU SAID ABOUT ICE CLIMBERS IS COMPLETE BS it was still entertaining to listen to, with an interesting input. Enjoyed our friendlies, if I were to offer any tips it's to walk and grab more.

cool link, totally what i was looking for. i really had no game knowledge to go by (which everyone could tell) when i was talking. wanted to see my bad verbal habits more than anything, so i kept talking a lot without saying much. ics comments were purely lols, enjoyed our friendlies, and i'm sure i will make many more funnies at the expense of your ics skillz in the future so don't take it personally, it's just personal right.

edit- shout outs yo

1: Big D ($75.00) :popo: - you are tall, being on top casts an even bigger shadow. i hope you are ready for some competition because everyone is eager to take you down. i'm sure we will have some awesome friendlies in the future.
2: Captain L ($37.50) :pikachu2: :metaknight: :pit: :popo: - always good to see you dude, consider changing your handle to "DJ QALS" bonus points for coming out to the training camp and showing me the ropes
3: -H- ($12.50) :wolf: - had a lot of fun suiciding in our friendlies, great job on taking down jake and placing man, very cool
4: Breez :metaknight: - wat a noobin i almost beat you finally too
5: Firefly :metaknight: - jake i always have a fun time playing with you, and you get lots of bonus points too, just remember to keep calm and drink some tea
5: T-block :diddy: :pt: - had a blast in pools, dat squirtle turtle was deadly man, and double diddy bananarama was pretty nutty buddy
7: Jason :metaknight: :snake: :diddy: - you were funny and remind me of razor and blade from hackers, look forward to next time
7: Fakku :metaknight: :marth: - enjoyed our matches a lot, castle siiieeeeege!!!
9: GrapE :zelda: :toonlink: - props for going random and i enjoyed our matches
9: Deap :olimar: - we only played a few rounds but you seem like a cool enough guy
9: Kantrip :diddy: - nanners!!! i dont think we really met otherwise
9: Traffic :metaknight: - wat a turrble mk, get some practice scrub
13: Cabo :metaknight: - luuky and i will practice dubz and bring hot fire next time.

other peoples:

Aleate: very nice guy, i spent a 99 stock against peach the night before to try and prepare myself, but you still got me, hopefully you can stick around longer next time. Bonus points for you (and anyone else) that played rounds with jesse and leah, yay for noobin inclusion!
Yakal: you should learn to shake peoples' hands more often, you're a cool guy otherwise :p
Daz: thanks for getting me on the stream, I had fun hanging out, even if I was talking way too much about nothing hahaha.

Anyone I didn't get a chance to meet or play games with, next time for sure

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
-H-, we'll play next time for sure. By the next tourney, it'll have been 6 months since we last played!

:peach:<3

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
yeah ggs H - i really enjoyed our matches too

you totally caught me off guard in pools... i was defs a little shaken up after the first game. hopefully the friendlies afterwards showed that i was better than what i gave in pools >_< not to discredit your win at all or anything - legit wolf for sure.
Yeah it's cool. I can relate to that and I look forward to playing you again.

H, I'm also salty about P7. I wasn't able to play properly at all that day (nor any tournament afterwards). I can't wait to play you again.
Likewise!

3: -H- ($12.50) :wolf: - had a lot of fun suiciding in our friendlies, great job on taking down jake and placing man, very cool
Thanks man :)

-H-, we'll play next time for sure. By the next tourney, it'll have been 6 months since we last played!

:peach:<3
Indeed it will and I look forward to it.

Whoa, Captain L and -H- placing insanely well! :D
Lol thanks S2H :D. L's usually top 2 around here as far as I know but yeah lol.

Good **** -H- :).

:018:

Thanks Joe! I'll be sure to make it a deal of repping Wolf up here in Canada.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
1: Big D ($75.00) - Congrats on winning with solo ICs and that stacked bracket! Wish I could've played you in bracket, but w/e. Thanks again for all the uploads.

2: Captain L ($37.50) - Whoa, that pools set was intense. It seems like your Pikachu is starting to do at least a bit better against Dawson; I really do think that if you can break that barrier with Pikachu, you'll be in a better place than you would be if you do eventually find a secondary that can win that MU.

3: -H- ($12.50) - Fantastic job. It was awesome to see you come out, and I'm not even mad about losing to you in bracket because I know I'll learn a lot from it. I really hope you keep coming regularly, and you could definitely be BC's next breakout player if you keep at it.

P.S. - I'll play Yoshi against you next time we play...not necessarily in tournament though. =P

4: Breez - I AM mad about losing to you in bracket. You won't get so lucky next time.

On a lighter note, it's always great to see you at tournaments, and the amount of interest you've been generating in the game in Abbotsford is awesome. Let's actually win doubles next time, okay?

5: Firefly - welp

5: T-block - Our character choice has come such a long way from the first time we played. :awesome: Great games in both doubles and singles; it's always a pleasure playing with you. Also, I was going to give you back your co-op papers, but it completely slipped my mind for the entire day. >.>

7: Jason - Didn't get to play in singles. =[ Good games in doubles...but the team names you come up with scare and confuse me. =/

7: Fakku - Sorry again for being kinda emo towards the end there. =p You caught me by surprise when I first played you in our friendlies, and it was a lot of fun playing with you. Good job in bracket!

9: GrapE - "Caiden, what's your advice for beating Jake?"
"Pick Zelda."

pffffffffffffft hahahaha

GGs. You should really think about picking a main though IMO. Preferably not Zelda~

9: Deap - Glad to see you entering~IDK what happened in bracket, but you did well in pools. Too bad we didn't get to play. =[

9: Kantrip - I always have really fun sets with you, even though it seems like I use a different character every time. =P GGs in doubles (shoutouts to 246% or whatever the ****) and singles (shoutouts to Diddy's Dair). I know you'll place better next time.

9: Traffic - GGs in pools. Glad to see you becoming active on the boards and stuff; it seems like you're gonna stick around, which is awesome because you're sure to start climbing the ranks if you keep at it. Until next time~

13: Cabo - Didn't get to play you at all. =[ Like I said to Ty, you'll get better once you get more experience; everybody knows how to fight against MK, so it's gonna be tough at first. See you around~

Ashat + Leah - Too bad you guys couldn't stay for Singles (especially since we stopped being sardines a while after you left). Hope doubles was fun though!

Super special bonus shoutout to Daze for streaming a game he doesn't even play and just generally being a helpful guy. Thanks!

Top Bottom